Another topic about win ratio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Geralt_z_Rivii365 #1 Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 30521 battles
I was wondering about w/r more than ever before and i found 2 interesting topics:

http://greedygoblin....d-of-tanks.html

http://forum.worldof...ver-statistics/

there is more links in first topic.

MM what are u doing MM  STAPH!!!

Mko #2 Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
players win ratio does say something about his qualities. But you also have to take into account whether that players plays alone or in platoons, and what tiers he plays. Simply put, someone with win ratio over 60% who only plays low tier tanks, is still pretty much a noob. Someone, who gets high win ratio playing on his own even with tier 9, 10, is quite probably a great player.

Thing is, even someone with 55% win ratio can be just an average player. Especially if he mostly plays in platoons, or lower tiers. You can consider people with just 50% win ratio bad players. Because it is really easy to get that. Random battles are 15 vs. 15, and they are random. So sometimes you get really good players on your team, and they do good, and you win. And sometimes the other team gets the good players. One player does not make such a huge difference in every battle. Having one noob on the team does not mean automatic defeat. And having one excellent player does not mean automatic win. Also, even excellent players make mistakes, do stupid things, and sometimes they have a plan which doesnt quite go the way they were hoping to.

Of course, overall average win ratio on the whole server should be very close to 50%. A little bit below, because some battles are draws.

Geralt_z_Rivii365 #3 Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 30521 battles
''Now my tinfoil hat explanation: the matchmaker decides who needs a win to not fall too far from the average and who needs a defeat to not elevate too far from it and assemble the teams accordingly. The "winner" team gets a bonus to its penetration chance, the "loser" team gets a penalty. While you can make a miracle and with awesome play you can win even these battles, or lose a "won" battle to griefers or 6+ AFK-ers, but the bonus/penalty on average works, making sure that everyone is just slightly away from average.''

sentence which (for me) explains many.There are no pro teams vs boobs team or something like that.
Idk why i writing this on forum,i was thinking about this for a very long time but for some reason now its very annoying for me.

up i know but sometimes i have battles where i earning more than 100k(on premium acc prem.tank) where dmg is 3k about and its lose.Once i've had a battle on my E-100 where i was alone on right flank and there was no enemies on right so i do nothing for my team but we won anyway.This is the truth about WoT

Mko #4 Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
Well, the people with win ratio of around 70% are quite far away from the average, dont you think?
I dont tihnk the matchmaker does anything like you say...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users