WG WOT PR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate like in school: 1=best, 5=worst (173 members have cast votes)

WG public relations, communication between WG and wot community

1. 1 (41 votes [23.70%])

Percentage of vote: 23.70%

2. 2 (39 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

3. 3 (38 votes [21.97%])

Percentage of vote: 21.97%

4. 4 (28 votes [16.18%])

Percentage of vote: 16.18%

5. 5 (27 votes [15.61%])

Percentage of vote: 15.61%

Vote Hide poll

HonzaM #1 Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30080 battles
  • [CSA-V] CSA-V
How good or bad is WG PR? Communication between player base and WG. There is a big number of suggestions from wot community. For example matchmaking based on rating, limit on arty per match, remove zero hits,  remove gold ammo, too much arty friendly maps etc... But I rarely heard some serious explanation from WG why they don´t listen. I think they need to improve communication towards player base.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #2 Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23672 battles
  • [4077] 4077
The only thing they need to do is give us what the RU get you know fair treatment.

xczar0 #3 Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14719 battles
For me its ain't so bad. You can't get everything. And if don't believe me look at British Tech Tree. It is Tree suggested by fans.
Also comparing to other mmo we have nice contact with devs :)

XxXSpottedYouXxX #4 Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23672 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I dont want everything just what the RU get whats the point giving them everything and leaving the rest out who works over their sure as hell doing a good job.

Goblin_5 #5 Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8295 battles
"Go play Hello Kitty Online if you want information"

Voted 1, Quite a large number of players are actually interested in tanks and want to discuss them and the game with the devs but usually they give us the metaphorical finger.

jabster #6 Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHonzaM, on 20 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

How good or bad is WG PR? Communication between player base and WG. There is a big number of suggestions from wot community. For example matchmaking based on rating, limit on arty per match, remove zero hits,  remove gold ammo, too much arty friendly maps etc... But I rarely heard some serious explanation from WG why they don´t listen. I think they need to improve communication towards player base.

I don't think it's great but it is improving - we now have a Developer's Questions and Answers sub-forum and IIRC the Player Suggestions sub-forums is going to be more promoted/used.

One of the big problems I've always had with the forums is I'm not sure what purpose they serve and I'm not convinced WG know either. Hopefully now they're are coming to see that they are more than just a way of letting players 'chat' amongst themselves but can also be used for communications between WG and a part of the player base.

hunt3rk1ll3r #7 Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6619 battles
As Jabster said, I think it is improving steadily, for broadly the same reasons he mentioned above.

However, I still only voted a 2, because we are sooo slow to find out information, and so few of the players suggestions in terms of gameplay/mechanics etc (gold ammo, arty limit, tier 4 lights such as the 38na) actually recieve a proper answer from the staff at WG

Terrorsatan #8 Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 16999 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Haha I think you need to make the poll more clear, since I think many ppl ( and me too : D ) voted for 1 but they meant 5.

They sure improved communiy management, but they are still at the bottom.
I dont know how they handle things on the RU / US / SEA / CH Server, but I guess they are not that far from the EU cluster. ( with the RU server beeing an exception. )
There at least the developers "listen" and "reply" ( or whatever you wanna call all those "maybe, well see, trollotrollo" answers ).

We had Overlord here, and he did a good job to get us some answers with his Q&A and his blog.
Overlords gone and the new guy didnt make much except for an introductional post.

On the end they might have the best intentions ( to qoute Kisly: "All servers equal" ), but are far far away from the realization of those.

I still play the game like a madman because there is nothing like it on the market, but that does not mean I like they way they treat us as a community.

Zoraktar #9 Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5194 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Sometimes it works perfect sometimes it works terrible and most of the time it works OK.
I'll give it 3. (Btw your poll is kinda otherway around of logic if i would be used 1 worst and 10 best so i actually woted 7 /lol)

jabster #10 Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthunt3rk1ll3r, on 20 November 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

As Jabster said, I think it is improving steadily, for broadly the same reasons he mentioned above.

However, I still only voted a 2, because we are sooo slow to find out information, and so few of the players suggestions in terms of gameplay/mechanics etc (gold ammo, arty limit, tier 4 lights such as the 38na) actually recieve a proper answer from the staff at WG

As a little experiment what sort of answers would you expect from WG, so taking the examples you given:

Gold ammo - I think they've mucked up a bit here but do understand that why they aren't saying too much yet. Let them get the data and see what's happen before judging. After all they was a reason that they changed it. Of course the answer may be just to generate more cash and I can see why WG aren't going to come out and say that.

Arty Limit: First Question & Answers said that are looking at the problem and as above I see why they don't want to say too much. Changes to the MM seem to have a high probability of achieving something that wasn't intended.

Tier 4 Lights: Those that lead to a dedicated scout role I don't have a problem with - if you don't look where the line is leading you then it's your own fault! The Pz38nA stands out as it gets a MM that might be a bit unexpected if you end goal is the German heavy line. Not sure what they can do about this - maybe just say ... bad luck, we agree that it's not right but we have more important problems to work on or when you buy a tank put up some short description of the role of the tank.

MXDoener #11 Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7649 battles
  • [E-A-K] E-A-K
WG´s communication improved definately, compared to earlier days, but anyhow, it needs to be waaaaaaaaaaay better. I voted 4!

ThaElf #12 Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21767 battles
Haha, from old memory of polls 1 is worst 5 is best. Games are rated based on more is better, how would one implement voting which does otherwise... And yes didn't read that much of the question, just went for 2 instantly as it could be worse ( I see Ectar once in a while and some moderators do their job ) ... Making polls that contradict reason has bad results for you mate. I guess it would be more of 1 and 2 than now the tide of  1 2 3 4 5 as some do read more carefully while others do not.

Ectar #13 Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 6118 battles
  • [WG] WG

How good or bad is WG PR? Communication between player base and WG. There is a big number of suggestions from wot community. For example
  • matchmaking based on rating,
  • limit on arty per match,
  • remove zero hits,
  • remove gold ammo,
  • too much arty friendly maps etc...

But I rarely heard some serious explanation from WG why they don´t listen. I think they need to improve communication towards player base.

1 - This has been covered multiple times on the forums and answered multiple times by the developers. There is no plans to introduce skill based matchmaking.
2 - In the latest dev Q&A, high tier games involving large amounts of arty is still being investigated. For now there is no plans to place a cap on the amount of arty that could be in a game.  As stated before this could also lead to further complains down the line, in 3 months time for example players might start complaining that there is too many TD's in the game, or there is too many mediums or heavies.  We don't want every match to always include the same amount of tanks in a specific category.
3 - There is further work being done in 8.2 regarding 0 pen hits and shots that hit spaced armour and then dissapear.
4 - Gold ammo for credits was only introduced in 8.1. We are still gathering numbers regarding the impact on regular game play. The sky hasn't fallen because of this. On most player based polls, the majority of players are either only using a few shells, or not using them at all.
5- What exactly is an arty friendly map?

PooinClingfilm #14 Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3515 battles

View PostEctar, on 20 November 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

1 - This has been covered multiple times on the forums and answered multiple times by the developers. There is no plans to introduce skill based matchmaking.

Has there ever been any talk about matchmaking based on modules/tank upgrades?

There's a world of difference between a freshly bought craptanks and an upgraded model.

CubicTwo #15 Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36143 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC
"[Gold ammo] On most player based polls, the majority of players are either only using a few shells, or not using them at all"

I don't understand this. Why a poll, which can be biased? WG should get real numbers from the servers/software easily.

Dronier #16 Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9148 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY
Hay DerRizerPin you get the feeling someone dont like you dissing the RU servers?

Serisouly WOTS PR is not the best.. but you cant blame Ectar and his crew.. They will be given their daily tasks (content) of what they have to do and use, information given to them to give to us and so on.. This said the "crew" could maybe be a tad more proactive in teh forums for instance the flame war that is the Arty thread took way TOOOO many complaints and people asking for the MODS to get in there and sort it out..

Issues raised are hardley ever repsoneded to in a timely fashion.. Devs and Mods could be a little more proactive in the forums.. YES it is improving but I get the feeling they are actually understaffed and judging by the JOBS up for grabs this would point to just that. I agree they have the areas for many of our rants and questions but it would seem anyone can start a moaning OP rant whine about many issues and get no attention at aall from mods .. simple CLOSE them down as soon as they are a rant whien or move them to the right area .. ?!

You have a company as WOT that does seem to give prefferential treatment to RU server players.. is that the company or the PR team .. ?!

WOT has grown from nothing to this huge online monster and I would think is ever growing but relativly still a baby in years compared to many mmo companys out there to date .. so they will take time to learn and grow.. PR it would seem are not doing this when it comes to communication and how to treat its EU player base..

But then the online behaviour from nations against nations is down to humans (players) not the PR..  :arta:

Naeron66 #17 Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 8468 battles

Of those 5 things you mention they have all had answers from the WG, mostly many months ago (on the removal of gold ammo completely, the ammo for credits is a new feature so it needs monitoring). They listened and they answered, it is not poor communication that they don't agree with some players on some issues. Your inability to search for the answers is not poor communication on WG's part.

jabster #18 Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9003 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

2 - In the latest dev Q&A, high tier games involving large amounts of arty is still being investigated. For now there is no plans to place a cap on the amount of arty that could be in a game.  As stated before this could also lead to further complains down the line, in 3 months time for example players might start complaining that there is too many TD's in the game, or there is too many mediums or heavies.  We don't want every match to always include the same amount of tanks in a specific category.
3 - There is further work being done in 8.2 regarding 0 pen hits and shots that hit spaced armour and then dissapear.
4 - Gold ammo for credits was only introduced in 8.1. We are still gathering numbers regarding the impact on regular game play. The sky hasn't fallen because of this. On most player based polls, the majority of players are either only using a few shells, or not using them at all.

Thanks Ectar (sorry all out of +1s today) ... I think this is why WG is moving in the right direction in terms of engagement with the forum posters.

HonzaM #19 Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30080 battles
  • [CSA-V] CSA-V

Ty for effort and I know these answers but I can´t understand the reason.

1. Skill based MM - WG answer NO, My question why NO??? Half of the games are played under 5 minutes with 15:0, 15:1 result. It is not fun really.
2. Arty cap - Current system clearly doesn´t works, seriously just give it a try for one patch and limit arty pls
3. 0 hits - I know difference between spaced armour hits and these nonsense 0 hits - Just tell us for example our engine is not capable to sort this out or servers are not fast enough to calculate all hits so sometimes you get 0 hits, some answer like this
4. Gold ammo - OK we both know it is just way how to get more money from players
5. Arty friendly maps - For example El Haluf, A1 a2 got change and all new maps with lower hills more open fields so arty can reach them even better. I can understand WG want prevent camping but with current arty system it leads even more to camping

Edited by HonzaM, 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM.

HonzaM #20 Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30080 battles
  • [CSA-V] CSA-V
And for the pool just read description above. In my culture 1 is for best, 5 for worst but I agree a lot of ppl use english american system 5 best, 1 worst. I will use it next time.