AT-15A Discussion

AT-15A At15 8.2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
275 replies to this topic

basin79 #201 Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12992 battles

View Postmakazu, on 21 February 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I don't know exactly what it is. Comparable tanks (guns) are the comet and the black prince it is 'easy' to score 900-1000 average on those. For me the AT15A is very difficult to keep above my average overall exp (thats not good if you think of all the no-premium battles and 'noobphase'). The only thing that can save this tank is a big creditboost or something, since it is ruining stats xD

Ah right I can see where you're coming from now. The thing is this is a TD so it has to be played different to the comet or black prince. Well maybe not too different but your play style has to change to allow for its slow speed and lack of cannon. For example if you get tracked in this you've no turret to spin in order for you to mount some sort of defence. And I'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs. Of course you'll already know all the above. I still think it comes down to being able to forward plan and read situations. Sadly my patience lets me down and I make stupid decisions because of it. It's credit earning isn't massive though. On my mastery badge I only got 44999 credits (non premium) for 3448 damage. Not great.

IBLiTZKRiEGI #202 Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3236 battles
  • [WOLVE] WOLVE
I was looking at a 3D model of the AT-15A and trying to find the weakspots.

The mantlet is much thinner above and below the gun, but the rest of it seems much thicker. Am I right in thinking that only the slit where the gun sits is the weakspot?

LOVIT #203 Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13160 battles
and copulas on top, mantlet is big weakspot, who know them kill you easy.

5everin #204 Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46923 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
I like it, not as good as the At-7 or AT-15 but still a nice TD.

View PostGibMeister, on 05 February 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I don't think its a British thing.

Premium tanks are interesting tanks that have been nerfed, they all work okay at tier but no higher. All normal tanks are able to be upgraded so they function at tier and 1 above and only fail badly 2 tiers above.

I would be quite happy as a player for premium tanks to actually be better then normal tanks, you are paying real money so you should get something for your money, if they were better not worse, more people would buy them. Its f**king obvious WG!!!

Some maybe, but not all. The D.Max is perfectly capable of causing major pain in a T8 game for instance. Also more on topic just had a game where I took 900hp off an E-75  then did the same to a T32 (killed it) also destroyed an amx13-90 who tried to charge and circle me in my AT-15a.

If its a Top tier tank in a battle then its an absolute beast. A couple of days ago had a game on live oaks and just drove at the enemy front line for a laugh (we were losing badly at the time) I died yes but it took 56 hits and 4 of their tanks went with me including an su-152. (2 of them to me and 2 finished off by a tank using me as a spotter after i had wrecked them) This turned round the battle and we won.

http://dl.dropbox.co...21409/at15a.jpg

As a money maker it isn't fantastic but it makes a steady profit and is cheap to repair/maintain as long as you don't try running it on gold shells.

Edited by 5everin, 07 April 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Royboy94 #205 Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 16567 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST
Hi there.
I really love this tank, it's armor and the fast gun are really awesome. :smile:

Just wondering what third equipment piece I should put on it.
My first two equpments are Vents and Rammer. Thinking of just putting a toolbox on it as third. Any suggestions? :smile:

5everin #206 Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46923 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
I use Binocs

Tempra #207 Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15794 battles
  • [DR-UK] DR-UK

View PostUrrgok, on 08 February 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

Give me a f..... break - PLEASE! If all tanks were equally good we'd see a much more even spread of all the different tanks in the game. The AT-15A is so flawed it isn't even funny. To anyone considering buying it - don't. Seriously. Don't!

I agree, tried it on the test server, wanted too start working on a td crew asap, but the gun really lets it down, hopeless without prem ammo, and it's far too expensive too run on prem ammo.
And the armor isnt half as great in reality as on paper i'm afraid, and with the lack of fear factor in the gun, anyone and theyr granny will charge and circle it.

ShiftyShaft #208 Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15766 battles
Even if this is not a meeting point, it might be a good place to start:

I am looking for an AT 15A platoon:

http://forum.worldof...ost__p__4647738

patsy02 #209 Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12621 battles
  • [ONE-X] ONE-X
Here's my opinion on this TD.

On paper it looks brilliant, and likewise when it comes to first appearances. You get the hull of a tier 8 TD with an accurate, decent pen, rapid firing tier 7 gun. The gun traverse and depression is excellent.

After a few games in it however, the flaws come out of the woodwork.

1. Sluggishness. Of course it's a slow tank - that's only reasonable when the vehicle comes with 228mm of armour. This, and its massive size makes it an artillery magnet, but that's alright, you won't be exposing yourself to arty. Right?
2. Health pool. I disregarded this factor when I bought the tank. Sure, it's got the HP of a TD one tier below it, but HP doesn't matter when no-one's able to get through those 22,8 centimetres, right?
3. Weak spots. Again, weak spots are to be expected, but the ones on the front are many, glaring, and accessible. Tier 6 heavies with 90mm++ guns have a decent chance at getting through its front at medium range, and because of the low HP you're a 3 hit kill in the tiers you'll be fighting against.

So, you can't get close to the enemy, your weak spots will be exploited immediately. Making your gun effective is difficult - its rate of fire and low alpha requires you to stay exposed. You can't stay in confined spaces because your lack of speed and traverse allows pretty much anyone to squeeze past you and pin you down from the side or rear. You can't stay in the open - the vehicle's bloated form, low speed and low HP pool makes it an artillery magnet.

In order to play effectively, you have to be able to engage the opponent under the following conditions:
a. ...at long range, to minimise the chance of them hitting your big, squishy weak spots. Unfortunately, because of your speed, you're rarely the one making this decision.
b. ...while at the same time facing an, or in an open space, to keep enemies from exploiting your lack of mobility and coming around your flank.
c. ...in cover from enemy artillery, to whom you are an XP piñata.
d. ...while exposing your front for long periods of time in order to make your(quite decent) gun useful.

So yeah, it's not a great tank.

Edited by patsy02, 30 April 2013 - 10:22 PM.

afoaa #210 Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10187 battles
  • [CLNCH] CLNCH

View PostRoyboy94, on 13 April 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Hi there.
I really love this tank, it's armor and the fast gun are really awesome. :smile:

Just wondering what third equipment piece I should put on it.
My first two equpments are Vents and Rammer. Thinking of just putting a toolbox on it as third. Any suggestions? :smile:

I started with binocs but seemed to get ammo racket a lot by HE shells so i put in a wet ammo rack instead and haven't been ammo racked since.

afoaa #211 Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10187 battles
  • [CLNCH] CLNCH

View Postpatsy02, on 30 April 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

Here's my opinion on this TD.  

<snip>

So yeah, it's not a great tank.

No premiums are great tanks except for the Type 59, but they are rarely bad tanks either. This one is useful but it takes a little planning and disregard for the normal way to play to make it work.

In my experience it is too big and the gun too weak to play as a normal TD in the rear sniping stuff. Instead i play it as a mobile forward moving bunker that reveal enemy tanks by having them shoot at you and then leave it to your team makes to kill them while they ineffectively fire at your extreme armor.

You don't get a lot of kills or money, and you often end up dying but it seriously help your team win, and of course it doesn't work when you get into tier 9 battles. In tier 7 battles i have soaked up over 7000 potential damage in this thing.

I have also noticed that your team mates like you a lot when you drive this thing, in more than half my battles I have had random people push me up hills and getting me in front fast and then you can really begin tanking for them. :)

TimDogg #212 Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 18685 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
I added this to my Premium Tank collection, so far it is good fun. The low HP is a bother, you can get taken out in 3 shots by people that know what they are doing, but the gun is sweet (although severely lacking in upward vertical) and you can create some crazy angles with the enormous gun-arc. Overall this has proven to be a decent investment. I ignored the AT line so far, but decided I want to get to the Tortoise, so I am using this to train up a crew. I like it better than the same tier AT7, but I don't have that upgraded yet, so that might change over time. It's credit earning potential is low however and people should not buy it for that reason, this is a situational tank that will only excel in certain games and simply explode in others. If you are after a tier 7 TD to make credits I recommend the excellent SU-122-44.

AnFionn #213 Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10840 battles
This td is underpreforming!

Look at its stats:
http://www.vbaddict....es=99&groupby=0

Almost every Tier VI tank earns more silver than the AT15A, and the tier 4 french SPG earns almost the same amount of silver. The other tier VII tanks earn 14.000 credit per match, the At-15 only earn 10.000?!?
WG should do something about this tank, because it is unbalanced right now, and the stats show it very clear.

Mamizoom #214 Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7700 battles
I also think it needs an HP change. It's identical to the AT 15, a T8 TD, yet it only barely has more HP than the TIER 6 TD, the AT 8. Considering the 1250HP of its brother on the same tier, I think the change would make it feel more like a premium to the British TDs.

Chris_79 #215 Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17600 battles
Brought this baby a few weeks back, using it to help train my British TD crew and earn a few credits along the way,
Had this nice game with teh help of a favourable MM the other day and managed to pick up the Ace tanker badge and a fist full of credits.
I have the tank set up with a Vent / Gun Rammer / Gun Laying Drive. Crew are at about 80% on their first skill which is cammo.
Any tips as to impove my set-up and play in this tank would be greatly appreciated.

Pzajk #216 Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9999 battles
  • [MURO2] MURO2
They should honestly buff the earnings.

mondog #217 Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14369 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
It will get a tweak to the earnings in 8.6. To be honest I'd prefer to keep the stats the same in reference to hit points but give it favourable match making, so it can't meet Tier 9's. Most Tier 8's have problems penetrating it from a distance but to a Tier 9 its no bother to kill it in 2 shots.

mondog #218 Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14369 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostChris_79, on 15 May 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

Brought this baby a few weeks back, using it to help train my British TD crew and earn a few credits along the way,
Had this nice game with teh help of a favourable MM the other day and managed to pick up the Ace tanker badge and a fist full of credits.
I have the tank set up with a Vent / Gun Rammer / Gun Laying Drive. Crew are at about 80% on their first skill which is cammo.
Any tips as to impove my set-up and play in this tank would be greatly appreciated.

My only advice would be is use its incredible gun depression and traverse angles, this tank is perfect for maximising armour thickness through angling, also it will help keep the two week spots in the front either to highly angled to penetrate or hidden completely. Another thing its particularly good in is detracking other tanks. The accurate and fast firing gun is perfect for this and in 8.6 you'll get XP rewards done by other people to tanks you detracked. Its also good doing module damage, the high RoF is the perfect sort of gun for setting other tanks on fire, jamming turrets, killing crew, ammo racks etc.

Skills needed for the first set of skills are 6th sense (the roof armour is very thin, literally any SPG can penetrate you) and the view range increase for the radio man then camouflage for the 2nd. Binos are also needed as the stock view range is really bad. Go for camouflage for the 2nd skill set, like the Jadgtiger, its better to learn the camouflage mechanics and use them than rely on the skill/net which is all but useless (8.6 might change this). I also keep around 20 gold rounds on the tank in case I come across a Tiger P. While its killable without gold at short range, at long range its a very tough tank to take out because of its 200mm front armour.

tacitus72 #219 Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37165 battles
  • [R_A_C] R_A_C
Not that I have played the AT15A excessively since the new patch, but it seems to have gotten better. The earnings definitely feel more like a premium tank.

ApocalypseSquad #220 Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21090 battles
  • [BAD-1] BAD-1

View Posttacitus72, on 22 June 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Not that I have played the AT15A excessively since the new patch, but it seems to have gotten better. The earnings definitely feel more like a premium tank.

Yup. Its appalling earning potential for an expensive T7 premium was my main gripe with it. Seems to be fixed, so reasonably happy now.

Edited by ApocalypseSquad, 26 June 2013 - 10:05 PM.