T71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

IsoA #241 Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 16086 battles
I got my T71 yesterday and I thought to equip it with optics for increased view range, vents for improved overall performance and camo net for improved camo when emptying my drum from range and not being spotted as soon as the first shell exits the barrel.

Thoughts? I decided not to put V-stab as shooting from the move is really inaccurate.

Hornet331 #242 Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:32 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles
stab is not only from shooting on the move it also reduces aimtime considerably.

SupremeNoob #243 Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39934 battles
The only bad thing about this tank for some player is if they are relatively new at the game. It doesnt take that long form starting the game to grind to a T71 - so they will find themselves in almost constant Tier X matches. I mean were talking about matches with up to seven doom cannon TDs that are very difficult to spot - and get close to.
It would be nice to play this tank in a Tier 8 match once in a whole but really I cant recall that in the last 100 matches. Its the same for my WZ131/132 mind you so the T71 is not alone in this.

To be honest though I do get a little tired of having to avoid every single tank in the match. I have played a lot of light tank matches the last six weeks or so and It kind of gets to you after a while. Sometimes you want to be able to fight without being one shotted from a TD's  doom cannon. Its 99% TDs that get me. I just cannot see those damn things whne their camping stationary (yes i have sixth sense + optics/binos) and the worst culprits are Objects - those things are basically invisible and do vanish right in front of your eyes...

SupremeNoob #244 Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39934 battles
One last thing:
Forget Optics
Binos is what you want

After sixth sense is trained get your commander Recon
The rest camo
Then repairs

From passive spotting in the T71 I once got over 9000 damage - it wouldn't have happened had I not had Binos. Its my secret bush...:)

Zalmoxis91 #245 Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14569 battles
Is it really worth getting v-stab on this? I mean, if you actually fire on the move then you would already be circling your target and so you don't need it anyway. It already has a good aim time so v-stab would look redundant here.

Beside, vents+coated optics+binos or vents+binos+camo net looks like the better setup.

Hornet331 #246 Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles
its an autoloader with 2 seconds reload... aim time is 2,3 seconds and thats only for 80% of reticle shrink. Make your own conclusion about that, i prefer to actually hit things at full autoloader frequency.  :tongue:

Zalmoxis91 #247 Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14569 battles

View PostHornet331, on 10 August 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

its an autoloader with 2 seconds reload... aim time is 2,3 seconds and thats only for 80% of reticle shrink. Make your own conclusion about that, i prefer to actually hit things at full autoloader frequency.  :tongue:

But v-stab only affects dispersion on movement and turret rotation. it doesn't decrease the actual aim time, that's what gld does.

Hornet331 #248 Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View PostZalmoxis91, on 10 August 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

But v-stab only affects dispersion on movement and turret rotation.
And that exactly reduces aim time. Stab shaves off 20% from the initial size of the reticle (on the move) -> smaller initial reticle when you stop -> less aim time for fully aimed circle.
There where dozen of topics way back from beta even with video proof, stab is better to reduce aimtime then gld, pretty much all the time. There are only a very few situations where gld is more beneficial then stab.
Of course when you combine both you get maximum reduction but if you have to choose between gld and stab, stab is the obvious choice.
as for gld vs stab
here is the most recent one I have found:
http://forum.worldof...ge__st__600#top
just read through pages 31/32. Its for the E75, but pretty much also counts for all other tanks.
As for the special cases, it would be better if you would use a gld on an autoloader, if you would never turn your turret and just shoot as fast as possible, but this is rather rare.
The main confusion always comes from the therm "aim time". By WGs definition its the time that you need to reach 2/3 of the original reticle size and not, what many people think, time to be fully aimed.

Edited by Hornet331, 11 August 2013 - 01:35 AM.

Zalmoxis91 #249 Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14569 battles

View PostHornet331, on 11 August 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

And that exactly reduces aim time. Stab shaves off 20% from the initial size of the reticle (on the move) -> smaller initial reticle when you stop -> less aim time for fully aimed circle.
There where dozen of topics way back from beta even with video proof, stab is better to reduce aimtime then gld, pretty much all the time. There are only a very few situations where gld is more beneficial then stab.
Of course when you combine both you get maximum reduction but if you have to choose between gld and stab, stab is the obvious choice.
as for gld vs stab
here is the most recent one I have found:
http://forum.worldof...ge__st__600#top
just read through pages 31/32. Its for the E75, but pretty much also counts for all other tanks.
As for the special cases, it would be better if you would use a gld on an autoloader, if you would never turn your turret and just shoot as fast as possible, but this is rather rare.
The main confusion always comes from the therm "aim time". By WGs definition its the time that you need to reach 2/3 of the original reticle size and not, what many people think, time to be fully aimed.

Ah I see. Well, I don't know, I've experienced the difference myself and for me it felt that GLD helped with the aim time much more than v-stab, but it could be just my imagination.

But then would v-stab be a necessity here? I mean the setups I talked about seemed much more necessary for the t71:

vents+coated optics+binos or vents+binos+camo net

With the first setup you can be the best active and passive scout you can be, at the same time. While with the 2nd one you'd be the best passive scout you can be. You have a pretty good gun for a scout, but it's still just a scout gun, not really meant to do that much damage.

Dongfeng_division #250 Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45691 battles
Ah never mind

Edited by Dongfeng_division, 11 August 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Trt_Smrt #251 Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17462 battles
  • [MORA] MORA

View Postmpc4000, on 10 August 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

From passive spotting in the T71 I once got over 9000 damage - it wouldn't have happened had I not had Binos. Its my secret bush...:)

That bush? :)

Posted Image

View PostHornet331, on 10 August 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

Once upon a time, one famous photographer said: "If your photos are not good enough - you are not close enough). In wot terminology, if you manage to park in somebody's butt, you can unload a full clip in very short time. When sniping, try to fully aim and hit every possible shell, as evey hit you make annoys the hell out of them, knowing that you have a lot of those that ended in his side, but he can't see you nor hit you. That creates a panic and an opportunity for your team to attack.

I can now say that I've found me most fun tank in the whole WOT, and that is T-71. The amount of general paranoia it can cause makes him the best trolling tank around. Love it.

Hornet331 #252 Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View PostTrt_Smrt, on 12 August 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Once upon a time, one famous photographer said: "If your photos are not good enough - you are not close enough). In wot terminology, if you manage to park in somebody's butt, you can unload a full clip in very short time. When sniping, try to fully aim and hit every possible shell, as evey hit you make annoys the hell out of them, knowing that you have a lot of those that ended in his side, but he can't see you nor hit you. That creates a panic and an opportunity for your team to attack.

I can now say that I've found me most fun tank in the whole WOT, and that is T-71. The amount of general paranoia it can cause makes him the best trolling tank around. Love it.

sorry but "bush shooting" is not effective anymore since last patch where they nerfed camo to 0.8. You need to get your shots as fast as possible out there with the best accuracy you can get for that. I pretty much know what I am doing with the T71, i hate pure passive scouting, I don't play a few hundred sucky battles just to get the one "über scout" battle. I rather win my battles.

Trt_Smrt #253 Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17462 battles
  • [MORA] MORA
Dude, i was hiding in the bush on the lower approach, right, for maybe 2-3 min. After my team killed all of their lit-up tanks, just moved to the forrest, spotted there some more, those died rather fast, than moved to the church, passed by, actively scouting, lit up more of their tanks and got them killed before i could've shot more than 3 rounds. Sometimes you just get team that know what they're doing, so there is not much opportunity to go and kill tanks yourself. That also means if you can spot 6-8K dmg, its most probably you'll win as this is 3-4 tier 10 heavies that died and your tanks don't light up. More than enough for the win, which is the name of the game. I also play it for the win and in tier 10 battle, no matter how you're good, you can't jsut drive around and kill tanks, as you get in focus very fast, haveing 3-4 fast tanks on your tail, up to the whole enemy team trying to kill you. It's not an X-wing figther though... it just can't survive all of that. Why not bush-scout first (which works like magic even after the nerf), hitting tanks that can't see you in the proccess, and then move to a more aggressive stance? I mean.. you have tank with awesome cammo and viewrange.. why toss it out in the toilet? Don't get it.

mascotzel #254 Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19219 battles
Does this tank gets engine damaged from almost every shot?
Any solution for that?

Hornet331 #255 Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View PostTrt_Smrt, on 14 August 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Dude, i was hiding in the bush on the lower approach, right, for maybe 2-3 min. After my team killed all of their lit-up tanks, just moved to the forrest, spotted there some more, those died rather fast, than moved to the church, passed by, actively scouting, lit up more of their tanks and got them killed before i could've shot more than 3 rounds. Sometimes you just get team that know what they're doing, so there is not much opportunity to go and kill tanks yourself. That also means if you can spot 6-8K dmg, its most probably you'll win as this is 3-4 tier 10 heavies that died and your tanks don't light up. More than enough for the win, which is the name of the game. I also play it for the win and in tier 10 battle, no matter how you're good, you can't jsut drive around and kill tanks, as you get in focus very fast, haveing 3-4 fast tanks on your tail, up to the whole enemy team trying to kill you. It's not an X-wing figther though... it just can't survive all of that. Why not bush-scout first (which works like magic even after the nerf), hitting tanks that can't see you in the proccess, and then move to a more aggressive stance? I mean.. you have tank with awesome cammo and viewrange.. why toss it out in the toilet? Don't get it.

I can count such games on one hand where that has happened that I have a team that actually shots lit up tanks (at T10) and isn't just a bunch of vegetables rolling around on the map.
Spotting only gains you something if there is actually someone that also can shot and hit the target, and doesn't waste its ammo, getting lit up by them self and die 20seconds later.

KGrahn #256 Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49020 battles

View PostZalmoxis91, on 11 August 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Ah I see. Well, I don't know, I've experienced the difference myself and for me it felt that GLD helped with the aim time much more than v-stab, but it could be just my imagination.

But then would v-stab be a necessity here? I mean the setups I talked about seemed much more necessary for the t71:

vents+coated optics+binos or vents+binos+camo net

With the first setup you can be the best active and passive scout you can be, at the same time. While with the 2nd one you'd be the best passive scout you can be. You have a pretty good gun for a scout, but it's still just a scout gun, not really meant to do that much damage.

AFAIK Its not your imagination. As I understood the mechanics, it goes like this:

With vertical stabilizer:
Aim time 2.3s, It takes 2,3s from 80% aim reticle to shrink to "0%". (In other words, it takes still 2,3s to aim, but you start from smaller circle. This is contrary to common belief, that with VS the aimtime would be also cut by that 20% - It is not.)

With GLD:
Aim time 2,3s is cut to 2,07s, and reticle shrinks from 100% to "0%". (In other words, your aim time goes down. AND it IS faster at 0% than with vertical stab. When GLD is fully aimed, vertical stabilizer aim reticle is only at point and about size "8%" and it will still take that 0,23s to "catch the GLD)

Note that I might have understood this wrong, but I usually know my shit, and Im rarely wrong ;)

DrFrankenDerpen #257 Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16090 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostKGrahn, on 20 August 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

AFAIK Its not your imagination. As I understood the mechanics, it goes like this:

With vertical stabilizer:
Aim time 2.3s, It takes 2,3s from 80% aim reticle to shrink to "0%". (In other words, it takes still 2,3s to aim, but you start from smaller circle. This is contrary to common belief, that with VS the aimtime would be also cut by that 20% - It is not.)

With GLD:
Aim time 2,3s is cut to 2,07s, and reticle shrinks from 100% to "0%". (In other words, your aim time goes down. AND it IS faster at 0% than with vertical stab. When GLD is fully aimed, vertical stabilizer aim reticle is only at point and about size "8%" and it will still take that 0,23s to "catch the GLD)

Note that I might have understood this wrong, but I usually know my shit, and Im rarely wrong ;)

Only got a few battles on my t71 (bought it yesterday) and tested it on last test server.
In some times the GLD may be preferable to the vert stab, especialy if you play more the "passive scout" and stay in cover and try to get some juicy flank or as* shots.

But in other hand, when you make a quick run and pass by some enemy dude, the vert stab may be preferable since you're driving around and shooting.

it depends on your playstyle.

BTW: thanks for the tip on the vert stab (i also tought it reduces the aim time)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users