So, whats the deal with nationality...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Ulicum #1 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39597 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
First, sorry if this have been discussed before, but...

What is it with people every game asking if theres some other players from same country than themselves? Theres aaaaalways someone goin "polish?" "finnish?" etc. eeeeveeeeeery game. This leads into maybe some "yes" or someone asking about some other country or telling that whatever country they are from.

Now Im not complaining, its quite harmless, but I just do not understand it. Now is this somekinda magic ritual Im just too stupid to get, or is it just players who are new to idea that internet multiplayer games truely are international and they just wanna be awesomed by the fact that theres people from all over europe, and sometimes further sharing this game?

Please enlight me, and keep yourself from hate comments against some nationalities as thats just even dumber than me not getting why people do this.

smiglo112 #2 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8812 battles
I understand what you're trying to say. I just hate people going like "kto PL?" (im Polish as well) and most of the times i just respond with things like "I'm, but write in English here please". But it is quite annoying to see that so often. Once or twice, you don't care... 500th time, you are just thinking to insult that... in your national language...

I've seen people answering it like
" -Who's PL?
- Me, are you happy now? Need to know anything more?" (in polish ofc in that case)
Most of the times, the person, that asked, says no, or stays quiet not knowing what to say...

But yea, it gets boring/tedious/annoying after some time...

AquilaSPQR #3 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14956 battles
I don't ask such questions but I'd like to know where other players live and always welcome such statements/questions with curiosity. How else I'd be able to fight side by side with German or Italian?

Ulicum #4 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39597 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostAquilaSPQR, on 23 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

I don't ask such questions but I'd like to know where other players live and always welcome such statements/questions with curiosity. How else I'd be able to fight side by side with German or Italian?

The way I see were not so much german, italian, finnish etc. We are human beeings who enjoy sometimes playing tank game online, it doesnt really, or atleast it should not, matter what nationality people are in this game. Wouldnt it just be better to actually greet your team members saying something like "Good luck, have a good game" or "Splendid evening, enjoy the battle" or whatever. If someone goes "Polish?" "German?" I dont really take that as greeting.

Jang_de_Blannen #5 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14148 battles
  • [H_3_H] H_3_H
i can understand that some people feel a stronger bond vs fellow countrymen and maybe desire to add them to their friendlist for a future platoon game.

then again, i can also understand those who are so sparsely represented among gamers that each and every time they meet a countryman, it gives them cause for celebration (me for example, being luxembourgish - there's not that many of us).

AquilaSPQR #6 Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14956 battles
Then it's not interesting to you. Now you should try to understand that someone else may find it interesting. I like the idea of people from different countries playing together (though for me it's inspiring while for many others is a reason to troll or even spread xenophobic statements).

And "Polish?" etc should not be considered a "greeting" because it's not. "Siemka" is a greeting. "Polish?" is just a question from a curious man who'd like to know how many players in that battle come from his country. It may be stupid for some other players, but I find it rather harmless.

Edited by AquilaSPQR, 23 November 2012 - 10:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users