GERMAN Infrared Night-Vision Devices

Infrared-device night-vision Germany

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

ilosz #1 Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13412 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
Commanders,
These very interesting devices are ready to deploy,with the new Lightning system WG is able to bring night for our beloved maps easily.Yes you can have the question,"why would WG introduce a much harder gamemode if the noobs still can't play in light".Answer:We good players\History Fans get bored with playing with noobs\random,so Hardcore mode would be avaible only for players who reached Tier 8.Ok there are some persistent noobs but not too much.
Let's speak about the Infrared Night vision,at the realese it would be avaible only for the german tanks.(other tanks can still use reflectors,the only negative thing is,that they have limited lightning range)
Germany started to develop IRNV in 1936 and they made the first workable prototype in 1939!Other Nations steal this Technology after WW2.
Well i don't really know lot about IR so here is a link for those who wants to get a "Mastery Badge" about it :) : http://wikipedia.org...ision#section_7
http://www.achtungpa...heinwerfer.html
Posted Image
Sister Topic: http://forum.worldof...69#entry2789369
So share your opinions with the community! :Smile_great:
[reply "I SUPPORT THIS" if you want it exclusive for germans]

zynov #2 Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11531 battles
tier 8 you say... OK, 1st day in the game, buying premium noob tank, having access to IR battles.

del501767825 #3 Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22095 battles
no noobs, bad players, afk, bots in tier 8+ battles?
randoms?

what game again?  :Smile_popcorn1:

not to say, dark, back of mine tank have red light, suddenly,  :arta:  , wtf??  friendly fire, why????!!!  oh, i am red  :Smile_teethhappy:  mine stop lights are working  :Smile_teethhappy:

btw, i am for historical battles, aside night battles, Germans only and similar s**ts...

Real ww2 setup and scenarios as game modes, and not recent assault/encounter disasters...

Edited by Tomyslav, 29 November 2012 - 04:07 PM.

ilosz #4 Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13412 battles
  • [HOI] HOI

View Postzynov, on 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

tier 8 you say... OK, 1st day in the game, buying premium noob tank, having access to IR battles.
Just the historical prem tanks can join(HB):Dickermax,Jagdtiger 8,8cm and so on...

Dreadmau5 #5 Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11637 battles
Night battles... If it's only for Tier VIII and above, save for the Tier 5 dedicated scouts (I mean the ones that cost so much XP that only people who CAN drive a tank can endure the grind to get them) and arty from Tier VI and VII, then yes.

I'd like to find myself in some battles where there's no disturbing lower-Tier tanks ruining the game for me by not knowing what to do, but the problems I see are:

1: "Noobs", as you prefer to call them, tend to go for Tier IX-X vehicles, and arty which stops at Tier 8, so a gamemode where only hightier vehicles are allowed would most likely be filled with below-average-performing players.

2: It would bring a whole new dimension to the term "Invisitank" When let's say a KV-5 can pretend to be a house 75m away and you can't see that it's thee untill the "house" suddenly starts to move.

3: Either we're thinking moonlight, or street lamps. If we're going with moonlight them there will be problems with extreme server load due to the immense ammount of shadows from pretty much every object on the map, as players shouldn't be able to "lift the fog" by turning off the shadows. If we're thinking street lamps, then we will obviously have problems with enemy T-50-2s, Chaffees and vK28s trolling our team by driving over every lightbulb on their part of the map, and for the rest of the game we'll be shooting at shadows, while we'll be perfectly lit up to the enemy untill both sides have had their lamps broken.

To be honest, I don't think the elite of the WoT community are running around in Tier X tanks as often as we think, I'd believe they're in Tier 7-8 HTs, Tier 6-7 TDs, Tier 5-6 arty and Tier 5-8 mediums, because those are fun to drive, most of them don't cost a fortune to run, and they still have the moneymaking abilities for the occasional games with their Tier 10 vehicles.

Edited by Dreadmau5, 29 November 2012 - 09:49 PM.

ilosz #6 Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13412 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
We can't say that the WOT elite stays in the lower tiers,because there are some really epic tanks like GW Tiger,Jagdtiger,Batchat.,Maus and so on..

1.I mean the tier 8 is needed at hardcore mode(not historical or these night battles)

ericf1 #7 Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 18524 battles
  • [T_KS] T_KS
i suport this suggestion.

RobertSalqvist #8 Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4603 battles
  • [SVJR] SVJR
This good  :Smile_honoring:

Pansenmann #9 Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17165 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It is a good idea but I really doubt there will be anything remotely to "night battles" - maybe we can get some twilight setting or so.
It would be very frustrating and hard to play if you dont see nothing but just some patches of grey on your screen.

I remember playing Silent Hunter night missions, had to completely darken the room to see anything. (no good for a mass market arcade game)

R4F431 #10 Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16840 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 10 December 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

It is a good idea but I really doubt there will be anything remotely to "night battles" - maybe we can get some twilight setting or so.
It would be very frustrating and hard to play if you dont see nothing but just some patches of grey on your screen.

I remember playing Silent Hunter night missions, had to completely darken the room to see anything. (no good for a mass market arcade game)

red light you mean? its kinda serious to take a hit without having any lights

domokun #11 Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32328 battles

View Postilosz, on 27 November 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Germany started to develop IRNV in 1936 and they made the first workable prototype in 1939!Other Nations steal this Technology after WW2.

As if Germans were only ones developing infrared night vision equipment. Amercans were actually ahead in early 30's, but fell behind in late thirties. During WWII US were on par with Germans in deploying night vision gear and actually produced more of those than Germans. Germans surely started toying around with idea of cascaded image intensifier tubes, but that didn't bear any fruit until 50's when Americans started to develop the idea, it led to actual passive image intensifiers. Americans didn't steal the technology, they actually developed it themselves and were in many ways ahead of Germans in it.

Temperus_Maximus #12 Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 16754 battles
  • [-V_A-] -V_A-
too many ways that this would turn into a farce...

you are opening the game to matches becoming 15 minute night match camps...

tanks tried to avoid night engagements because of the confusion that would come from meeting an enemy tank column in the middle of the night, 'are they supported by infantry?' 'do my arty know how far i am from their lines?' 'am i where i think i am?' 'are the enemy where i think i am?' 'is that an enemy tank?'

most engagements occurred during the day to ensure that both sides could tell exactly who they were shooting at because they couldnt say 'you will engage the enemy while using your running lights' because the enemy would spot them a mile away and just shell them...

not a vote i will give, opens too many additional issues which i cant be bothered to deal with, such as MORONS blowing holes in friendlies because they thought they were enemy tanks... also, idiots shooting at shadows and giving away the position of friendlies, opening up a world of hurt for the guy in the bush next to the trigger happy cretin...

or, more commonly... blind firers, those TWATS who galop around the battlefield firing off rounds everywhere... muzzel flashes light up the night, and give away positions, including friendly positions... no thanks... dont implement it...

Fiold #13 Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19539 battles
Night battles? Yes! Reduced visibility. muzzle flashes...! YES! But maybe as an option battle, so it will be battle for non campers.

builder396 #14 Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10336 battles
It would be an interesting idea to add night battles to the mix of random gamemodes.

So it should play like normal battles, just that you have to simply consider the darkness, so you know that if you shoot, even the blind guy will likely spot you, and tanks that do not fire are much harder to spot.

All other changes shouls only be of visual nature, as at night a muzzle flash will illuminate a radius of at least 10 meters or a fraction of a second. still it should be pitch dark, at least so you still have some orientation. I mean the moon also spends some light.

Joppeius #15 Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10291 battles
  • [-SVPB] -SVPB
Nightbattles? YES!
Infrared devices? YES!

I like this idea!

SteT #16 Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13788 battles
  • [-VD-] -VD-
If I read correctly, your suggesting a mode where German tanks would be seriously OP. I know they need some love, but not that much!

Kauhava #17 Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4550 battles
Dude what.

Anyways, mind that several non-german late/post war tanks in the game could mount NV gear.

I'm all for night battles, just make it balanced.

dlcatalin #18 Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27554 battles
  • [DAC] DAC

View Postzynov, on 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

Haha ... there are noobs even in tier 10 battles, driving tier 10's .... you should see what an idiot can do with a tier 10 ... you will be amazed ...ALMOST NOTHING, he just sits there like a retard behind a rock or a bush for the entire match  :Smile-angry: