King Tiger model - need help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Big_Rick #1 Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20856 battles
I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/35 Tiger II kit (Henschel turret) and im struggling to find many pictures of the Flectarn type Camo scheme.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any pictures of Camouflage nettingused by the german army in 1944/45 would also be useful (any vehicles) as well as how best to make it

Cheers

OldIronsides #2 Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles

View PostBig_Rick, on 28 November 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

I'm currently building the Tamiya 1/35 Tiger II kit (Henschel turret) and im struggling to find many pictures of the Flectarn type Camo scheme.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any pictures of Camouflage nettingused by the german army in 1944/45 would also be useful (any vehicles) as well as how best to make it

Cheers

The Germans AFAIK never had any type of official camo nets. If there were any on their tanks, then it was captured materials and/or DIY solutions.

Looking for "Hinterhalt" camo pics when I have more free time. Just remember that it was the first standardised camo Germans used, since it was applied in the factories, using templates. So it should look very similar on vehicles of the same type.

Big_Rick #3 Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20856 battles

View PostOldIronsides, on 28 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

The Germans AFAIK never had any type of official camo nets. If there were any on their tanks, then it was captured materials and/or DIY solutions.

Looking for "Hinterhalt" camo pics when I have more free time. Just remember that it was the first standardised camo Germans used, since it was applied in the factories, using templates. So it should look very similar on vehicles of the same type.

Cheers then, i'll have a look at the camo nets used by the americans and british during the latter parts of WWII

Edited by Big_Rick, 29 November 2012 - 09:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users