illegal mods wats legal ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

spidercop #1 Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22390 battles
OK i am starting this topic there lot of mods now and there people saying sum are illegal so know i am asking what is ?
i am hoping somebody from world of tanks will answer because people just have other opinions
i just want e short  list like this with everything u can think off can help everyone i think

Tracers: Makes them appear longer, good for counter arty.    illegal
Tank Skins: Hitpoint skins for alive tanks, and pitch white skins for dead tanks.   legal
XVM: Displays the stats of your team-mates. legal
Speedtree: Improves FPS by removing foilage in the game. legal  ?  illegal
Zoom out mod: Allows you to zoom out extra far legal  ?  illegal
Custom Crosshairs: Reload times, displaying xvm over real tanks, different crosshairs, Custom artillery sites, etc legal  ?  illegal
Remove sniper sight: removes the black border around your sniper view legal
Accurate damage indicator: displays the direction of a bullet more clearly. legal

other mods Increased duration of the display chat messages,SPG Shot Timer and Reload Timer,6th Sense,camo remover,emblem remover,fog remover,damage panel mods,change crew appearance, mini map icons,server side croshair and many other just want short list illegal

if there is e topic i dint find pls point me tho it give me link

Edited by spidercop, 30 November 2012 - 02:08 AM.

SirWili #2 Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23224 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Please change the color, red is reserved to moderators.

Cpt_Jack_Sparrow #3 Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13929 battles
  • [OSZ] OSZ

View PostCpt_Jack_Sparrow, on 26 November 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Ok! Lets put it together:

Mods which are not permitted by WG:
  • Mods which remove leaves (Agent Orange)
  • Arty sniper view mod
  • Artillery Zoom Out
  • Freefly camera mod
  • Tracerhack
  • Glasbox Skins
Source: http://forum.worldof...er-version-080/ approved by community coordinator

Generally. Everything what gives you a significant advantage to other users is considered a cheat. EULA mentions those mods under "changing the WoT experience". With experience it is not meant that it looks different. Experience points to what you should be able to and what you should not be able to.

So why are the mods above are forbidden.

1. Agent Orange, leaves removing mods

These mods give you the advantage to see the exact position and angle of the tank even if it should be hiding behind a bush. Ofc, you see the silhouette through the bush, but you can not say where the front is pointing, you can only guess where the front is pointing by movement of the targeted tank.

2. Arty sniper view mod

This mods gives you clear understandable advantage that you can easily aim with it like a tank in closer combat.

3. Artillery Zoom Out

The advantage here is, that you can overview a much bigger area when you are searching for arty tracers.

4. Freefly camera mod

With this mod you can kinda unbind the attachment of the camera off your tank. So you are able to "fly" around the map just with your camera. Ofc, this doesn't affect the spotting system but it gives you an advantage.

5. Tracerhack

The original Tracerhack is not working anymore anyway, as the duration of tracer visibility is managed by the server since a certain update, but changing transparency can make tracers more visible, so that they are easier to see.

6. Glasbox Skins

These Skins allow you to look "through" the tanks and see the exactly position of the modules and crew inside it.

So some may ask what is the difference to the allowed Hitzone skins. On Hitzone skins you see a printed area behind which the modules are located. But it is by far not that accurate as the glasbox skins are. So some might read the wikis blogs etc. and learn by these sources where modules are and some may use hitbox skins. I do not think thats such a big difference. Hitbox skins are tolerated.

FYI, some might say "XVM is not allowed". Thats not true. WG does not like it much, but its also tolerated.

Do not forget to change the red color ;)

Kind regards
Posted Image

spidercop #4 Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22390 battles
OK i dont speak German i dont even speak English i am dutch so + from me for the find changed the color in sum thing else i wanna keep this topic open if there other mods maybe then if they search they com here they can post here.  so these mods can get account banned here is proof http://worldoftanks..../user_agreement here is section

B. Use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Tanks experience;
C. Exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation (a) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of WN; (b) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game; or © performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Game, e.g., power-leveling;
D. Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information about a character or the game environment; provided, however, that WN may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
E. Modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client in any way not expressly authorized by WN;
F. Host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by WN in any way, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized play over the internet, network play, or as part of content aggregation networks;
G. Facilitate, create or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Game or the Service, including without limitation (a) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate, the Service; and (b) any connection using programs or tools not expressly approved by WN;
H. Sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Game to other parties in any way not expressly authorized herein, or rent, lease or license the Game to others.

B. Account Suspension

Violations of these rules can lead to the following sanctions:
  • Temporary suspension from public and battle chat
  • Permanent suspension from public and battle chat
  • Temporary suspension of Account
  • Permanent suspension of Account
  • Account closure
  • Forced renaming of Account

more illegal mods pls post here lets keep track

Edited by spidercop, 30 November 2012 - 02:43 AM.

zeppo #5 Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19676 battles
why don't you resign to use mods at all ?
no mods no problem
I play this game since beta without any mods because i think that everything which gives you an advantage above others is a cheat (if it's not part of the game itself)

Chikoma #6 Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8450 battles
  • [BMDF] BMDF
Just to feed the troll hordes out there: why even use mods? can't hack it? Die often? oh dear oh dear...
Back to Hello Kitty online the lot of you! Go on, scram!
*grumble grumble*

teemu92 #7 Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5377 battles
the zoom mod is definitely illegal, atleast i would think so since it gives an unfair advantage really.

RDMC #8 Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23253 battles
  • [DAC] DAC

View PostSirWili, on 30 November 2012 - 01:43 AM, said:

Please change the color, red is reserved to moderators.

OMFG!!! REALLY?

warning for trolling issued
cDa

Edited by cDa, 30 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

SirWili #9 Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23224 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View PostRDMC, on 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

OMFG!!! REALLY?
Really. Sorry to offend you with offtopic posting.

emoteguy00 #10 Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4797 battles
  • [F_OF] F_OF

View Postzeppo, on 30 November 2012 - 06:04 AM, said:

why don't you resign to use mods at all ?
no mods no problem
I play this game since beta without any mods because i think that everything which gives you an advantage above others is a cheat (if it's not part of the game itself)
well i dont see how a damage indicator is a cheat. most of these mods are perfectly normal and dont really give any advantage.

emoteguy00 #11 Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4797 battles
  • [F_OF] F_OF

View Postteemu92, on 30 November 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

the zoom mod is definitely illegal, atleast i would think so since it gives an unfair advantage really.
you sure? it does say zoom out far not zoom in. i fail to see how zooming out gives any sort of advantage

Cpt_Jack_Sparrow #12 Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13929 battles
  • [OSZ] OSZ

View Postemoteguy00, on 30 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

you sure? it does say zoom out far not zoom in. i fail to see how zooming out gives any sort of advantage
You are not an arty player ;)

SirWili #13 Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23224 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View Postemoteguy00, on 30 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

You will be able to spot tracers very easily and spot targets with less effort.

Aslain #14 Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14508 battles
  • [KDS] KDS
Lol XVM illegal, since when?

Cpt_Jack_Sparrow #15 Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13929 battles
  • [OSZ] OSZ

View PostAslain, on 30 November 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Lol XVM illegal, since when?
Where is that mentioned?

spidercop #16 Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22390 battles
i only use legal mods like xvm jmbo's croshair but this topic inst about me just had sum one asking and did little research WATS out there

Uanubis #17 Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Streamer

• Community Contributor
  • 28637 battles
  • [HALUS] HALUS
as for zooming:
zoom OUT in ARTY MODE is illegal
zoom IN in SNIPER or REGULAR mode is illegal

zoom IN in ARTY mode and zoom OUT in REGULAR mode is absolutely fine.