Matilda - equipment + skills/perks ?

Matilda matilda tier Iv medium tank british equipment skills

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

tbydza_cz #1 Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5649 battles
Hello
I need an advice what equipment should I buy for my Matilda and I dont know which perk/skill should i choose.
Please help me with that.

TrailApe #2 Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26507 battles
I hope somebody replies with a good answer as I'm pretty hopeless with this as well. I think I have went with the 'trade' related skills on my Matilda - the commander gives better view, ther gunners better on the gun etc instad of the 'brothers in arms' type skills.

fattoler #3 Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15513 battles
  • [ACE-] ACE-
Well it depend on whether you are keeping the Matilda for the long term. I myself am and my route plan is as such:

Commander: Mentor (to be replaced by Eagle Eye)
Gunner: Deadeye (with the insane RoF you should be looking to cause as many criticals of possible)
Driver: Repair
Loader: Repair (I know you should have everyone do repair but 50% overall is better than nothing)

Second skill: BIA, it's a small crew so eliting it shouldn't be too hard, and if the commander has mentor it will go just a bit quicker.

Third skill:

Commander: repair
Gunner: repair
Driver: Off-road driving (a little more speed is never to be sniffed at)
Loader: not really sure, maybe safe stowage or camo.

Fourth skills will probably be something like Smooth ride and Snap shot. As for equipment, vents, rammer, and most importantly Enhanced Gun laying drive.

Edited by fattoler, 04 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

CubicTwo #4 Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36101 battles
  • [DEPAC] DEPAC
Ah the non-premium Mathilda... wintertime throwing snowballs... and explosions in the woods 5s later... howitzer is funny!

Hokum15 #5 Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13159 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY
I've just got it and had two stunning matches, crew at 82% now.

Once they reach 100% i'm planning on going for

Commander: Repair (then sixth sense once it gets to 100% so I don't get artied.)
Gunner: Snap-shot (then Dead eye once at 100%)
Loader: Repair

Equipment, it's got my standard bins and camo net which are moved between my tanks and vents.

Naboo #6 Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21495 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postfattoler, on 04 December 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Well it depend on whether you are keeping the Matilda for the long term. I myself am and my route plan is as such:

Commander: Mentor (to be replaced by Eagle Eye)
Gunner: Deadeye (with the insane RoF you should be looking to cause as many criticals of possible)
Loader: Repair (I know you should have everyone do repair but 50% overall is better than nothing)

Second skill: BIA, it's a small crew so eliting it shouldn't be too hard, and if the commander has mentor it will go just a bit quicker.

Third skill:

Commander: repair
Gunner: repair
Driver: Off-road driving (a little more speed is never to be sniffed at)
Loader: not really sure, maybe safe stowage or camo.

Fourth skills will probably be something like Smooth ride and Snap shot. As for equipment, vents, rammer, and most importantly Enhanced Gun laying drive.

I'm sure you meant Sixth Sense for commander, not Eagle Eye (which is pretty useless). I'm keeping my Matilda since that gun is so much fun. It's slow as hell but can be played very good as sniper. Vents, Rammer and Binos on mine.

sword_of_Damocles #7 Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 41573 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Like my matilda very much.It's a keeper
Have vents,rammer and coated optics.Keep distance from frontlines and snipe.Angle a bit and your amazing armour will bounce stuff you can't imagine.2 pdr is a reliable gun.Carry some apcr ammo for the tough guys  :Smile-hiding: They tend to underestimate you..Bad for them..
It's too slow so  choose way wisely.Avoid slopes,cliffs if you can
About skills i only have repairs grinding

Edited by sword_of_Damocles, 08 December 2012 - 07:56 PM.

samphilconlor #8 Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11513 battles
  • [-UTC-] -UTC-
Actually trying camo rather than repair for this one as I often play defensive around the arty and base with my Mathilda resetting the cap etc Using the binoculars so I can pick off the bad guys first.

Certainly does a job in junior tank companies.