Interview with WCG Team: BigClan (UK)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We chat to BigClan, the team who represented the United Kingdom in the World Cyber Games.

Full news text

WorkingasIntended #2 Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9817 battles
Nice in depth interview  :Smile_trollface-3:

Why didn't you ask them how the forkin hell they got to go to China with their amazing, and i mean AMAZING stats?  :Smile_ohmy:

Massive well done to Big Clan but.......how?  :Smile_amazed:

pierrotlefou #3 Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11275 battles
the most fun team ever seen!

drink some beers and shout : HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU as war whoop was awesome guys!

I have some pics and vids of the Kunshan nights  :Smile_trollface-3:
Germans and englishs players was our epic mates!

Go to the WCG center :
Posted Image

thx for all guys! from the french team  :Smile_veryhappy:

Posted Image

Edited by pierrotlefou, 05 December 2012 - 06:18 PM.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #4 Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
These guys are awesome.

del502902919 #5 Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9151 battles
Nice to see you guys had alot of fun there! Agreed with bloodie.  :Smile_Default:

The interview could have been a bit more in dept tho.  :Smile_smile:

RikDangerous #6 Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23610 battles
  • [BIGC] BIGC
Thanks for all the comments guys, we had an Awesome time out there, all the guys that came out with us in the evenings, you were amazing, it shows that a game can bring together different nations, especially when there is beer involved.  :Smile_glasses:

I hope that Wargaming.net can organise those exhibition matches we mentioned, because the Cromwells want a rematch. :Smile_veryhappy:

Add us all in game and we can perhaps get some more matches going.

Also our forum is undergoing some upgrades which is why you cant register at the moment  :Smile-hiding: , this should hopefully be done in the next few days.

Forcit #7 Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 42368 battles
True WoT clan age it was ?   ..sure that its a two years ?

TRSDwarfy #8 Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10901 battles
  • [BIGC] BIGC
We truly are awesome lol

Had a brilliant time with the german and french guys :D

WorkingasIntended #9 Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9817 battles
Chaps,

Honest question and please don't think i am having a go because i'm not. I'm just intruiged by how you managed to get there when according to the WOT statistics on accuracy etc you chaps couldn't have got there without doing something special.

Lots of training for the specific event? Amazing field commander? As yet secret platinum ammo?  Or could it be that statistics don't actually mean that much after all in a team game...... :Smile_trollface-3:

My guess is beer and team work. And not necessarily in that order.

As WG don't want to ask i thought i would. How did you qualify? Does playing at LAN meeting make a difference? Who did you beat to get there etc?

Btw, well done for helping world peace, you were obviously a big hit  :Smile_Default:

BCStag #10 Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5184 battles
If life ran on statistics none of us would be alive today, don't quote me but its like a one in a billion chance of you personally being born due to lots of sperm etc, so just like you are lucky to have been born we were lucky to have won ;) that and our pure skills of course. But yeah i'm glad we were able to have a laugh with the other teams not just on the battlefield but also in the bar, with the French and Germans. It was also great the the Russians didn't look down their noses at us which they clearly could have done and just said "look how terrible they are, how did they ever get this far." But instead they joined in and had a laugh with us, the fact that only one of them could speak English didn't stop us keeping contact after the charge for queen and country.

To conclude if you have to question why we were there then you obviously dont understand that we went to show the world how to have fun and play a professional game at the same time.

Good day.

thmonster #11 Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13591 battles
  • [BIGC] BIGC
We had an absolutely fantastic time out in Kunshan and met some wonderful people.
The French and German teams were fantastic sports and we had some great fun games with them.
I hope that wargaming put up the fun game up between the UK and the Germans, also the Russia match too.
The cromwell charge on Steppes with us all airborne at the same time jumping from the top right corner hill was hilarious.
A big hello also goes out to the Singapore team too who were all great guys.

Many thanks to Wargaming for making it all happen, you guys were awesome.

Hope we see you all at The Oasis bar again guys :)

WorkingasIntended #12 Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9817 battles

View PostBCStag, on 06 December 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

If life ran on statistics none of us would be alive today, don't quote me but its like a one in a billion chance of you personally being born due to lots of sperm etc, so just like you are lucky to have been born we were lucky to have won ;) that and our pure skills of course. But yeah i'm glad we were able to have a laugh with the other teams not just on the battlefield but also in the bar, with the French and Germans. It was also great the the Russians didn't look down their noses at us which they clearly could have done and just said "look how terrible they are, how did they ever get this far." But instead they joined in and had a laugh with us, the fact that only one of them could speak English didn't stop us keeping contact after the charge for queen and country.

To conclude if you have to question why we were there then you obviously dont understand that we went to show the world how to have fun and play a professional game at the same time.

Good day.

Hi,

I think you have taken it the wrong way. I am probably the biggest hater of stats in this game as it leads to elitism, bullying, name calling, team killing etc etc. A game should be about fun  :Smile_Default:

However.....i can tell a bit about players from their stats, especially accuracy, damage per battle and stuff like that (to clarify, stats can be manipulated upwards, but having fun manipulates them down in my opinion). Based on those of some of your team i was just suprised that you managed to get to a global finals thats all. Primarily because i thought there were hardcore UK players out there who would have taken it seriously and got through.
I didn't really follow any preliminary comps though as i'm not in a clan so i don't know the format or how many other teams.

The fact that you guys got there is forking epic  :Smile_great: . It proves that stats aren't everything and is a bit of a slap in the face to the hardcore mob.
I'm more interested in how you managed it. Did you train much? Do you all just know each others playstyle well? Were you lucky? Are you professional gamers? That kind of thing. I guess you must of beaten some pro teams so it's also nice that you don't brag about it. I'm just genuinely interested becasue i'm impressed.

It's all very un WOT like (or at least un wot forum like)  :Smile_trollface-3:

Can you link any you tube replays? I would love to see the airbourne feature on steppes.

siteslammer #13 Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2860 battles
  • [BIGC] BIGC

View PostWorkingasIntended, on 07 December 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I'm more interested in how you managed it. Did you train much? Do you all just know each others playstyle well? Were you lucky? Are you professional gamers? That kind of thing. I guess you must of beaten some pro teams so it's also nice that you don't brag about it. I'm just genuinely interested becasue i'm impressed.

They guys qualified by entering the UK WCG qualifier held at I46(Multiplay.co.uk lan) in the summer.
In that tournament they won all their matches(including a Dignitas mix team) and got the chance to represent the UK at the event in China.

BCStag #14 Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5184 battles
Apologies then if you are actually being sincere like you say its very un-internet these days for people to actually be interested...

Well we may not be a big WOT established clan but the actual clan bigclan and its parent clans are very much established and i for one have been involved in it since the age of 4 (i am not 17) so like you say we know each other very well and know each others play styles on most games, and subsequently work well as a team. This i believe was our main success on the battlefield.

Unfortunately i dont think our cromwells flying off the hill was recorded which is a big shame as i would have loved to watch it again.

J_T_Watson #15 Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8324 battles
BIGCLAN is all about the social we entered a free tourny at a LAN event and beat all the competition to win a trip to China

Were not pro gamers we are a Social laid back clan who play many different games

We all made some very good friends in China with alot of people wishing us back next year.

UK Qualifier:

Posted Image

WorkingasIntended #16 Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9817 battles

View PostBCStag, on 07 December 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

Apologies then if you are actually being sincere like you say its very un-internet these days for people to actually be interested...

Well we may not be a big WOT established clan but the actual clan bigclan and its parent clans are very much established and i for one have been involved in it since the age of 4 (i am not 17) so like you say we know each other very well and know each others play styles on most games, and subsequently work well as a team. This i believe was our main success on the battlefield.

Unfortunately i dont think our cromwells flying off the hill was recorded which is a big shame as i would have loved to watch it again.

Yeah i know it's unusual  
Teamwork for the win then. Yet another nail in the coffin for the e peen strokers. Keep it up and good luck in future. You should have a go in the easy 8 and mangled metal comps etc  :Smile_great:

1_DeStRoYeR_1 #17 Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11599 battles
hahahhahahahah the best team ever hahhahahah you have funny stats guys hehhehahah :DDD xDDDDD

Edited by 1_DeStRoYeR_1, 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users