Equipment for Crusader

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

niick #1 Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23855 battles
Hi, what equipment did you mount on your Crusader? I have vents and toolbox, thinking about vents + coated optics + rammer/toolbox

BossTroll #2 Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 27010 battles
I'm running with Vent, Camonet and binocs at the moment. Not sure with what I'll replace the net and binocs yet.

Rammer seems a bit useless, you already have a 30rounds/min gun on it, gun laying drive seems better for the crusader, but at half a million its a tad expensive.

azakow #3 Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles

View Postniick, on 06 December 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

Hi, what equipment did you mount on your Crusader? I have vents and toolbox, thinking about vents + coated optics + rammer/toolbox
The answer depends on the play style you apply in battle.
My play style is second line double bush sinper, hence I now use vents, GLD, bino, gold camo.

Coated optics do not make much sense, since your mobility is quite low hence a more "stationary" play style should be applied.

Rammer is a wasted module slot, since the top gun will deliver a shell every 2.15 second You will still have to wait for the aim circle to close in, even with the use of a GLD.

Toolbox is needed for fighters with rel. high HP pool, this is not the case. You do not want the opponents to shoot at you at all.

niick #4 Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23855 battles

gun laying drive seems better for the crusader, but at half a million its a tad expensive.
Well I don't actually care about cost when it comes to tanks I want to keep in my garage  :Smile_Default:

Rammer is a wasted module slot, since the top gun will deliver a shell every 2.15 second You will still have to wait for the aim circle to close in, even with the use of a GLD.
You're right, I didn't even think about it. Aim time with it's current dispersion after shot is bad, but it may still be useful while in CQC.

So I put vents, binos and camo net, let's see how it works. And about crew skills? I think I'll take camo for all first, but I think driver's skills may be nice upgrade, I mean off-road driving or clutch braking. What's your opinion?

amushrow #5 Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4856 battles
I'm currently working on off-road driving and snap shot which seem good so far, snap shot should help with aiming time when switching between targets (if your not moving), not sure what skills I'll go for next but probably camo.

As for equipment I put on the Rammer, as at the time I found I was waiting for the reload rather than the aimer and I wanted every millisecond I could. But now I find I need to wait for the aimer to get those tanks further away, and if a tank is close enough that I just need to fire as much as possible at it then I have more important things to work on. (Like the positioning of my tank, and paying more attention to allies around me) so I'm going to switch that out for the Binocular Telescope which should hopefully help avoid some nasty surprises.

So in short I reckon:
  • Gun laying drive
  • Binocs
  • Vents
  • Off-Road driving
  • Snap Shot
  • ??? (I'm working on Sixth Sense, but I don't have any recommendations for the commander)

azakow #6 Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles
What crew skills?
ATM, it is a keeper for me, hence the following crew training path.
  • Commander: Sixth Sense, Camo, Situational Awareness, Recon
  • Gunner: Camo, Snap Shot, Repair (Deadeye), Repair
  • Driver: Off-Road, Camo, Clutch Braking, Fire Fighting
A grind through aproach should look at what is needed for the MT line:
  • Commander: Sixth Sense
  • Gunner: Snap Shot
  • Driver: Off-Road
The grinding player will probably not finish the 1st skill on this vehicle.
In case you do, make sure not to use any radio operator skills on the commander, since this role will go to the loader at next tier.

Spoiler                     

BossTroll #7 Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 27010 battles
I'm currently training camo as first skill on all three crewmembers, but i will retrain my commander to sixth sense once he reaches enough skill. Smooth ride and snap shot will be next, with camo back on the commander.

azakow #8 Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles

View PostBossTroll, on 07 December 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'm currently training camo as first skill on all three crewmembers, but i will retrain my commander to sixth sense once he reaches enough skill. Smooth ride and snap shot will be next, with camo back on the commander.
Sixth sence sure a must have and a no brainer.

The decission making to train for Snap Shot and Smooth Ride should consider the play style that can be successfuly applied using this vehicle.
Both skills will reduce the accuracy penalty applied, causing a better accuracy of the gun, see also WoT wiki.

The Snap Shot skill is almost a no brainer for this vehicle, since it will give about 7.5% better accuracy during turret rotation.
The turret must be moved all the time and accuracy of the gun is is bad.

The Smooth Ride skill will cause about 4% better give during vehicle movement, which includes forward and backward movement only.
The bonuns will not be applied during hull rotation, i. e. circling an opponent.
Hence such effect and the iinsufficientobility of this vehicle will result in a low training priority to the Smooth Ride skill.

The Off Road skill training is a much better choise, in order to address insufficient vehilce attributes.

BossTroll #9 Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 27010 battles

View Postazakow, on 08 December 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Sixth sence sure a must have and a no brainer.

The decission making to train for Snap Shot and Smooth Ride should consider the play style that can be successfuly applied using this vehicle.
Both skills will reduce the accuracy penalty applied, causing a better accuracy of the gun, see also WoT wiki.

The Snap Shot skill is almost a no brainer for this vehicle, since it will give about 7.5% better accuracy during turret rotation.
The turret must be moved all the time and accuracy of the gun is is bad.

The Smooth Ride skill will cause about 4% better give during vehicle movement, which includes forward and backward movement only.
The bonuns will not be applied during hull rotation, i. e. circling an opponent.
Hence such effect and the iinsufficientobility of this vehicle will result in a low training priority to the Smooth Ride skill.

The Off Road skill training is a much better choise, in order to address insufficient vehilce attributes.

Honostly, I find the ground pressure no issue on this tank, it accelarates smoothly to max speed on every surface.
Accuracy is where I find the crusader lacking, and want to adress.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users