43 replies to this topic

steamrick #21 Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18909 battles
  • [XQ] XQ
It's called counter-capping

objective:
1) maybe get some of their vehicles to turn back, give your allies a chance to kill the others
2) maybe get cap meter high enough for a draw, if a win is not possible

also, I was
- a little too hurt and
- a little too far away
to help in base defense

Though admittedly I hadn't noticed that most of our guys were sitting on hill or I would've turned back anyway -_- but hindsight is 20/20

bigfattanker #22 Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1621 battles

View PostMadArseInAShed, on 05 March 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

But you can pretty much ignore this dude ^^ as he pays no attention to the fact his base is captured and goes to their base instead!...DEATH BEFORE DISHONOUR

Fair point. I do spend a lot of my time trying to make sure im being eyes for the artillery and protecting my base.  But Steamrick did knock out four tanks and if his own team didnt desert the base entirely then what he did would have been a pretty good help to the team.

bigfattanker #23 Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1621 battles

View Poststeamrick, on 05 March 2011 - 04:38 PM, said:

It's called counter-capping

objective:
1) maybe get some of their vehicles to turn back, give your allies a chance to kill the others
2) maybe get cap meter high enough for a draw, if a win is not possible

also, I was
- a little too hurt and
- a little too far away
to help in base defense

Though admittedly I hadn't noticed that most of our guys were sitting on hill or I would've turned back anyway -_- but hindsight is 20/20

Yep I gotta hand it to you...4 taken out with ease :)

I noticed your rate of fire seems better than I can get or perhaps the video was sped up?
What gun did you use?

Im using a 37mm on the M3 Stuart which I also used on the M2.

Your aiming is better than I do. Have you adjusted that in the settings?
Mine is pretty shaky.

I was also wondering how you would fair on one of the more open scenes.
One with no buildings to speak of.
Would you get the same kill rate in one of those?

Perhaps you can do a video of one of those?

Cheers

steamrick #24 Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18909 battles
  • [XQ] XQ
For the aiming time and rate of fire:

That's due to my crew skills. Like I wrote in the video, I have 92% skill currently, with the extra ventilation which adds 5% on top of that. This helps tank performance in every segment.

Plus, notice that whenever I saw an enemy I made sure I wasn't going full speed. Shooting while driving at max speed will have you missing shots even at very close distance. When in doubt, stop driving and aim manually.

I tend to do better on the city map mainly because all the streets make sure I probably won't run into a big mob of enemies all at once. It pays to play less agressively on open map, since first spotted is probably first dead unless you're driving the 38H.

The M2 Light is a very mobile tank - it usually pays out to take the time and drive the longer route since the slower tanks might not even attempt it. That or go full speed right at the beginning at take an important landmark - there's a couple hills on a few of the maps that you can snipe off of if you can take them at the beginning.

Bunnjovi #25 Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1606 battles

View Poststeamrick, on 05 March 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

For the aiming time and rate of fire:

That's due to my crew skills. Like I wrote in the video, I have 92% skill currently, with the extra ventilation which adds 5% on top of that. This helps tank performance in every segment.

Plus, notice that whenever I saw an enemy I made sure I wasn't going full speed. Shooting while driving at max speed will have you missing shots even at very close distance. When in doubt, stop driving and aim manually.

I tend to do better on the city map mainly because all the streets make sure I probably won't run into a big mob of enemies all at once. It pays to play less agressively on open map, since first spotted is probably first dead unless you're driving the 38H.

The M2 Light is a very mobile tank - it usually pays out to take the time and drive the longer route since the slower tanks might not even attempt it. That or go full speed right at the beginning at take an important landmark - there's a couple hills on a few of the maps that you can snipe off of if you can take them at the beginning.

Good video thats the exact line I take in my M2. The only difference being I use the 20mm auto so my priority is speeding round the flanks and hitting them in the flank or rear with a burst then trying to dodge return fire. Still though a few bursts tends to be enough and typically I will get the four tanks like you did in your video.

Bigfattanker I have found that whist city fights tend to be easier, I have had sme success on the more open maps. A memorable one being yesterday where I pretty much zoomed in at full speed nipped up close to the flanks/rear of other tanks fired a few burst and then got away sharpish ended up knocking out Pz3 A an M2 medium and messing up a few others whilst distracting their artillery away from my team ( Didn't have a hope in hell the way I was racing)

Pukako #26 Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1393 battles
I've played the M2 as my tank of choice for about 60 battles, and although I love the speed, it's inability to do any useful damage to equal tier tanks (with the 37mm gun), and the number of one kill shots (non-arty) I've been subjected to do destroy my feelings for it.

Oh, well.  At current rates, only 120 more battles until I can afford the M5 light...

Rikama #27 Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11961 battles
This tank is really best. Got first top gun with this. Reverse speed and acc. is also great.

baarda #28 Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9031 battles
  • [NL-1] NL-1
i like the m2 light tank allot, fast, good gun,and good armor for the tier.

StuTika #29 Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5245 battles
The OP must be doing it wrong, the M2 light is one of my favourite tanks in the game! Well armoured, fast (it's top speed is actually higher than the BT-2's) and with good fire-power. I use the 37mm and it owns.

justas008 #30 Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4726 battles
I bought m2 light tank and i have a problem. I try to sell it and i get error. It says error:failed to sell "M2 light tank".try again later. i try again but it still say that. please help me.:blink:

Vonryan #31 Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2551 battles
I think the M2 light is an amazing tank. With the 37 mm Gun I use it as a flanker and supporter.At lower teir let your Russian tanks and German tanks engage and then attack their targets.
Fully upgraded it's a capable and quick to relocate gun platform. If I'm not on 3 kills a game I'm dissapointed.  My crew is only 73% but the reload time is awesome. It's all about hitting the weaker spots and never ever taking the Premium Tank Pz 38H head on.  (Top tip, shoot the crap out of their crew hatches)   :Smile_great:

If placed in a higher teir match, scout and withdraw, use the terrain to cover you and don't stop!

Perscienter #32 Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7427 battles
7.1 is a big nerf for the M2 light tank. There are a lot of H35s. That tank is balanced and you can deal with that. You can't deal with the tier 3 armour monsters D2 and AMX 38. They buffed the German 2cm flak, it has clips now. It will unload 10 shots in a very short amount of time.

Then there is the Tetrarch. Same tier premium out of nowhere. Tetrarch does not care about your armour, it will just penetrate yours always. DPM is roughly the same. Same hp. Tetrarch is faster, accelerates slower. A lot less visibility and less view range.

So this cheap premium out of nowhere is an equal threat to you in a melee fight. With support it will snipe you, once you are uncovered. Many possible spotting positions, which were fitting nicely for the M2 light (e. g. the centre on Mines) are now too dangerous due to hordes of bush-sitting Tetrarchs.

The strength of the M2 light was, that it was so well-balanced and was good in everything, but not the best. But good penetration and good armour are in many cases now just completely negated.

Not that it would be bad, but it's simply not the best tier 2 tank anymore.

NTrailZ #33 Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 23562 battles
M2 gets a 15 round auto cannon in the changes too. Wont help against the French beasts but it will sure rip Tetras to shreds. :D

vito_von_bang #34 Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6392 battles
  • [1DCPD] 1DCPD
What about the 50.cal?

NTrailZ #35 Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 23562 battles
50 cal will go through the tetras at respectable range, it's other things you will struggle with more then though. 50 cal has a 40 round clip with quite a large reload period, so requires more careful planning to successfully utilise.

Slyspy #36 Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I really like my M2 Light. It is fast and capable of hurting most thing that the MM will throw at it. If not it is fast enough to run away.

The M3 Stuart, in comparison, feels far less effective.

RichardZ1990 #37 Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10096 battles
I perfer use 37mm gun instead of 20mm. When your crews are 100%. 37mm can be very powerful in combat.

RichardZ1990 #38 Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10096 battles
Use 37mm get Top gun 11 times in game. It comes very handly when crews skills are 100%.

SnibediSnabs #39 Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13383 battles

View Poststeamrick, on 09 February 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

I played through it right quick the first time.

Then about three days ago I went back and played it again - AND LOVED IT!

The very first day I got two top gun awards. Currently the M2 Med holds 3 out of my 7 top guns.

In battles with tier 1-2 it's a killer that regularly racks up 3, 4 or even more kills. The only problematic tank is the 38H prem tank with its heavy armor, since you bounce a lot and it doesn't.
In battles vs. tier 3 it's a bit weaker, but it can take on many tier 3 tanks and win in a one-on-one since so many drivers are still noobs at this level.

Currently, my M2 has 83% crew skill plus ventilation. I can hardly wait to see how it performs with 100% crew.

This is one of those tanks that will always have a spot in my garage.
It doesnt earn much silver (3-7k per game) but it's very fun to drive around and pwn everyone else.

For a tier 2 the 25mm armor on all sides plus turret is about as heavy as it can get and combine that with a good gun, very good speed (only bt2 is faster) and very good equipment (radio)...

PS: Hit ratio is about 50%, but shooting 30+ shots per battle is no problem and 15 hits is a lot of damage.
you too?

djcomo #40 Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11058 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
VERY nice tank. Fast, strong for its tier and good fire power with 37mm and 100% crew.
6 victories very easy and i also got a 9 one.

It is not very accurate ok, but it is the same for others. It is not a long distance killer, you have keep moving every time very fast. You have to get close, no problem, at least you will be a med (with some III tier tank), and if maximum is tier II you are a heavy with 50km/h speed.

It is obvios that firing while running is more difficult as firing quiet, you will fail many times and you can also fire your team mates, BUT you will be a more difficult target and thats also important. You have many shells (i think i have never use them all) and reloding is very fast.

I find many times enemies with automatic gun such as 20mm but apart of being disturbed by the shock, many many times it does not have any other efect on my life, and with your 37mm you are sure to damage with the exception of germans and french ones, when is only probable to damage.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users