A question that we need to ask ourselves more often

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Juravski #1 Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6569 battles
I've been playing WOT less and less lately and today I reached a conclusion thanks to my girlfriend.

I played 5 games today, 4 of them were awful and put me in a bad mood. But the 4th was the cherry on top. We were doing great, i had 2 tanks killed in the first 2 minutes and I started to say to myself that things are looking up finally ... until I got pushed in front of enemy fire by a team mate of mine, I died and I snapped. I got really worked up and started writing lots of words on the chat condemning what he did. My girlfriend noticed that my mood changed a lot this evening during the game session, from good to bad.

And then she asked the most simple question possible:
"-Are you enjoying yourself while playing this game?"

I remained quiet and then she continued :
"-Why don't you play something more relaxing? I don't like what this game is doing to you."

I smiled and without even the smallest doubt I uninstalled this game.

In the end we all have to ask ourselves if we still enjoy this game. I decided that instead of writing tons of whining threads on the forums about OP tanks, arty parties, gold ammo for credits, 0 penetration hits, bad teams, team killers, nerfs of favourite tanks, long grind (for those that do not have PA or PV's), bad MM and so forth, I should just move on.

As a closing statement, I have to thank WG for a game that has given me great pleasure for a period of time, and also thanks to the people that made it possible-> the players that invested real money in this game and last but not least to my gf that was an eye opener.

Goodbye, good luck and don't forget to have fun on the battlefield!

TL;DR: Instead of getting worked up or angry about a game, and instead of writing angry threads on the forums ask yourself if this game is satisfying your needs (entertainment, excitement, relaxation etc). If it's a yes then keep your calm and hope for better battles, if not move on and let the ones that like this game enjoy it in peace.

DecLennon #2 Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18866 battles
  • [NMA] NMA
I sometimes get worked up too, but if i play a couple of battles and it doesnt work out then i just stop because its just not my day. Another day i can play all day and do great, so some days are good and some arent - if not then i just play something else.

ilosz #3 Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14313 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
Goodbye!

I cant agree with this getting bad mood thingy,ok maybe i am too relaxed but i cant get angry,even if my team is shit and i am the only person who plays good or can play...
Posted Image

geggy5010 #4 Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12422 battles
I totally agree ilosz,Its just a game. I have bad games, bad days, even bad weeks sometimes! But I play for fun, and, to be honest, because I can't afford a REAL tank!; every Christmas and birthday I ask my wife if I can have something big, green and heavy, but always get the same answer, "NO!".
I'm sorry to see Juraski go but if it's getting to him that much maybe it's for the best. I did do a post about playing WoT too much about a year ago, which attracted a few comments.

PAKFA #5 Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles
Juravski, you will see that taking a break from this game does a lot of good for your mental sanity and your relationship.
You did the right thing. I know it because in 2 years I took twice 6 months of break from this game and it was very much ok.
You can also expect to come back some day, and if that day is after months then you will have new reserves of sanity and also new things to see in the game because of the updates. So it will be all for the better.

The only thing is be prepared to lose your nerves again, after a couple of months when you come back, if you do.

Good luck and have fun, wherever you're going and doing.

View Postilosz, on 13 December 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Goodbye!

I cant agree with this getting bad mood thingy,ok maybe i am too relaxed but i cant get angry,even if my team is shit and i am the only person who plays good or can play...
Posted Image

View Postgeggy5010, on 13 December 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

I totally agree ilosz,Its just a game. I have bad games, bad days, even bad weeks sometimes! But I play for fun, and, to be honest, because I can't afford a REAL tank!; every Christmas and birthday I ask my wife if I can have something big, green and heavy, but always get the same answer, "NO!".
I'm sorry to see Juraski go but if it's getting to him that much maybe it's for the best. I did do a post about playing WoT too much about a year ago, which attracted a few comments.

You guys don't agree, but you know why? Because you are not competitive enough. Apparently you don't play to win and you don't care if you win.
People who are competitive don't like to lose, thus when losing they have no fun. It's as simple as that.
The only fun for me is winning. The same is for Juravski.

Edited by PAKFA, 19 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Anidudu #6 Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32308 battles
http://www.imdb.com/...es?qt=qt1268833

CaiusMariws #7 Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 130 battles
Anidudu, I don't understand what your point is with the link. Care explaining?

Edited by CaiusMariws, 19 December 2012 - 06:10 PM.

Juravski #8 Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6569 battles

View PostPAKFA, on 19 December 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Juravski, you will see that taking a break from this game does a lot of good for your mental sanity and your relationship.
Good luck and have fun, wherever you're going and doing.

Thank you for the wise words and for the support! Cheers!

PanzyBattalion #9 Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10888 battles
First time I dont want to troll a quit thread :D

Well, good luck n all mate and you're right, sometimes it is best to just quit a game thats annoying you rather than keep playing for unknown reasons :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users