• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

jamiet99uk #1 Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9526 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-
Hi,

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm posting it here. I've raised a formal ticket but wanted the community's opinions too.

I have just had my account suspended because I destroyed two allies. Fair enough, I know that there's an automated system which will instigate a suspension if this happens.

However, in the actual battle where this happened, I destroyed two "allied" tanks which had picked a fight with me - both of them shelled and damaged me before I returned their fire.

What can you do in a situation when an ally is damaging you, *other* than to return their fire?

Is there any chance that my appeal against my suspension would be successful?

Thoughts?

Advice?

Jamiet99uk

Jambo636 #2 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33488 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
The team kill system doesn't take into account that they were provoking you, nor does it know that. All it sees is you killed two teammates so now you get a ban, it's a great system, just like the high tier arty balance.

Sir_Tornado #3 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25771 battles
next time report them and send screenshots to support. if you had done that this time they would be banned and not you.

I think you know this already!

harry_monkley #4 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 45785 battles
Send a copy of the replay to support.

If you don't have battle recording switched on, you need to go into the game settings and enable it, but the game rules forbid deliberate damage to friendly tanks, so it is best to ignore idiots who team damage, or better still make sure you are in the cap zone while they shoot you - killing a friendly in either cap zone is treated far more seriously by the automated system.

emoteguy00 #5 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4799 battles

View PostJAFMANDADDY, on 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

next time report them and send screenshots to support. if you had done that this time they would be banned and not you.

Report does nothing unless they have done it before or have been reported for it. So you cant be sure. Also sending screenshot does nothing. Done it before and never got a reply so had no idea what action had been taken.

Marlekin #6 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33410 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF

View PostJAFMANDADDY, on 14 December 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

No, sadly the WG employees will simply send you a copy & paste reply saying they have an automated system for these issues and they will not do anything at all.

View Postjamiet99uk, on 14 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Hi,
What can you do in a situation when an ally is damaging you, *other* than to return their fire?
Advice?

You cant really do anything at all about it since the automated system will punish you just as badly for teamdamage. In the rare case where somebody is really trying to teamkill you, if you cant just drive away (Only if youre faster) and escape you can expect to die. Just go to garage and grab your next tank for a battle. The automated system will get the teamkiller and swift justice will be dealt...! Maybe.

Good luck!

Sir_Tornado #7 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25771 battles

View Postemoteguy00, on 14 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Report does nothing unless they have done it before or have been reported for it. So you cant be sure. Also sending screenshot does nothing. Done it before and never got a reply so had no idea what action had been taken.

and your alternative is?

jamiet99uk #8 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9526 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-
@ JAFMANDADDY: "and your alternative is?"

I think the point is that there doesn't seem to *be* an alternative.

jamiet99uk #9 Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9526 battles
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-
@ Marlekin: "You cant really do anything at all about it since the automated system will punish you just as badly for teamdamage. In the rare case where somebody is really trying to teamkill you, if you cant just drive away (Only if youre faster) and escape you can expect to die. Just go to garage and grab your next tank for a battle. The automated system will get the teamkiller and swift justice will be dealt...! Maybe."

In this particular case the situation was made worse because there were two of them, so if I had just done nothing and let them kill me, only one of them would have got flagged for teamkilling, the other one would have gotten off without punishment of any kind.

Marlekin #10 Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33410 battles
  • [HOFF] HOFF

In this particular case the situation was made worse because there were two of them, so if I had just done nothing and let them kill me, only one of them would have got flagged for teamkilling, the other one would have gotten off without punishment of any kind.

I know. My bussiness concerns with staying safe, not adding up teamdamage that might get one blue/warning/banned. It also concerns with not paying compensation for a player that attacked me, instead of the other way around. Players like that are trolls, and you should not feed. As selfdefence is still a teamkill, you will only end up getting punished yourself aswell.

Which is clearly what happened to you. This is a bitter pill, but its how the system works. It really is the best if you either escape, or just get killed and roll into your next game with another tank.

Sir_Tornado #11 Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25771 battles

View Postjamiet99uk, on 14 December 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

@ JAFMANDADDY: "and your alternative is?"

I think the point is that there doesn't seem to *be* an alternative.

I shall explain it for those who might not have English as their first language.

the auto report feature will flag teamkillers. The OP should have used this instead of firing back. he should aslo have screenshotted the teamkillers multiple times. and then sent this to support with a ticket of ANY DESCRIPTION. unfair play blah blah blah. abuse.. blah blah blah

sheep follow the paths laid out before them.

wolves carve their own own.

Galhorn #12 Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41427 battles
the same just happen to me, 3 poeple group together in a random match begin push and  shoot me ..... i kill 2 of them,result banned, my solution......
desinstall game awaiting other game ... was playing on world of plane too .... desinstall.....bye

Also tagged with rules, suspension

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users