Video: British Heavy Tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
In this video you will learn how to reach the heavy tanks of the British tree, and how to play them once they are in your garage.

Full news text

XxXSpottedYouXxX #2 Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Cheers guys, i was pretty unsure about these tanks hope your videos proves otherwise.

LukaST_ #3 Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8557 battles
make a video on t6 t7 t8 French light tanks ?

Peo01 #4 Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13169 battles
That could have been summed up so much faster.

Tier II - III, pom pom gun
Tier IV, heavy mediums
Tier V - VII, Maus
Tier VIII+, tds

Still hoping we get the Chieftain as the new tier X heavy when the british td line is introduced.
I know it's hard to keep things balanced and have all nations be different from each other, but a tier X heavy tank that is based
on a prototype that was supposed to be a tankdestroyer and plays like a tankdestroyer ingame... ... no comment.

Edited by Peo01, 18 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16825 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
5:28-5:36  French Fellows???

Edited by Gruff_, 19 December 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Fonsyfun #6 Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10282 battles
I'm only interested in the Churchill VII, the rest looks more or less like crap IMO, though I haven't tried them yet

Col_Potter #7 Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31575 battles
Hi there

"...the definitely won't penetrate you armor (Churchill VII)". I wish that was true  :Smile_sad: .  Oh thats why i pen the churchill's front with churchill's gun.
All in all, i think Churchill VII could use a better engine, in that case you could at least turn and accelerate better.

On the other hand, they seem to underestimate Mtilda. That improved 2pdr can pen anything anywhere with ease, except for Churchill VII. Even with gold ammo, you have to shoot the weakspots and be lucky. Sherman Jumbo's front might be problematic too, but never encountered it in battle. They forgot the most important thing though: the insanely fast projectiles. Combined with pinpoint accuracy on the move, and sufficient gun-deprssion, i smell nerfs incoming.

Tier 7+ i did only test on testserver, so i wont comment them.

I suggest again, to put a mini version of these films into the game. So you can access them via research tables (or tank tree), if the video covers the specific tank (or the whole brach). This would be nice feature to give players, that dont read forums, an idea what the tank (branch) is about.

Cya on the battlefield

laserad #8 Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32949 battles
hello *ankers .. nice video... still havent shifted my focus off conqueror :Smile-tongue:

destroyer2002 #9 Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26067 battles
Is this out of date for the tier 10 after the last patch? Turret armour is now quite good and its almost possible to side scrape with improved side hull (before something broke every time anything even sneezed near it). So its less vulnerable to lower tiers than the first version, but does it still have the highest dpm of any tier 10 heavy now that the rof has been nerfed? Even though it will now struggle more to take out other tier 10s one v one (before it was easy with rof of 6.3 secs!), overall I think the current version is more balanced, and can be used for more than the described role of playing like a TD.

Edited by destroyer2002, 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM.

yockovich #10 Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71318 battles
T8, T9 and T10 British heavies are way to soft - almost every shot is destroyed ammo rack. Do not grind this line if you like "real heavies" that can take damage. Just for example - ELC drove in front of me in my Conqueror shot once and destroyed my ammo rack - I was facing him frontal - he just rushed behind a corner, did not know what is behind. Luck? Probably - but still - the tanks are too vulnerable regarding ammo rack.

Shaka_D #11 Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37654 battles
Sorry to rain on the parade but I'll start by saying nice video. Here is the negative bit:

Since when, and I emphasise WHEN do the british have 'armour advantages' and since when do the brit tanks have richochets and zero penetration hits off their hull. This is the biggest propoganda baloney BS I have heard since the release of the brit line. Sorry, but the vid really p1sses me off. I am referring specifically to the Caern, Conquerer and FV215B. They get penned ALL the time, their crew are killed too easily (gunner) and the ammo racks are damaged almost every game multiple times even with safe stowage AND with the wet ammo racks module installed. They have NO armour and a slightly increased HP pool does nothing against pens and damage to crew and modules.

Whoever made this video certainly did NOT play this line long enough and is reading from a damned text book.

Utter utter utter bull! Don't believe one word of it, not one! Neg rep me if you feel different, so be it, but my frustration with this line is complete. My FV215B was penned from a single frontal shot from a jagpanther at 100 metres in which he damaged my ammo rack. I repaired  it and he penned me again and guess what, there goes the ammo rack again. Avoid until buffed or play in platoons where you don't have to rely on the brits for the assault type they refer to in the vid. I have choice words for WG on this one but tact advises me not to use them here.

Use this vid on newbies WG, maybe it'll convince them to spend more gold, but do not try convince veterans who have found out the hard way that these tanks are the worst in terms of armour and crit hits in the game in my personal experience.

I've heard the arguments of 'learn to play them properly' but at some point your tank will take a hit and when this happens at tier 8 to 10, it's almost garanteed to be your ammo rack or gunner. Angling and sloped armour my 4rse!

You could have saved the effort with the vid from the part you started on about the caern. You could have simply stated, 'tier 8, 9 and 10 are sh1t'. And then of course you go and lose control over the arty balance in the game. Brit line was dead before it started unfortunately!
/RANT OVER.

Edited by jinx_uk, 18 December 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Spectre64 #12 Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3809 battles
Will you be introducing British Tank Destroyers up to tier 10 and SPGs up to tier 8 in a future update like in 8.4 or 8.5?

Gobrot #13 Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15589 battles

View PostSpectre64, on 18 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

Will you be introducing British Tank Destroyers up to tier 10 and SPGs up to tier 8 in a future update like in 8.4 or 8.5?

FV215B is a tank destroyer, it was never designed as a heavy tank, it also had a 183mm gun not the gun it has in game, Can pretty much say any further British tanks will be a shadow of the tanks they actually are/were suppossed to be.

OneBot #14 Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 36699 battles
  • [BOT] BOT
Thank you for the video, i like to watch it or if im busy to hear it ( i don't need to spent extra free time and read about it)  :Smile_great:

Howitzer guns on British tanks are crap don't lie to community.  :Smile_sceptic:  Enemy tanks wont wait in the same position for 10 mins, because shell travel speed just about that fast.  :Smile-angry:  So why your Matilda without howitzer in the video?  :Smile_popcorn1:
If u will start from tier 6 Churchill you wont be disappointed - its not a can anymore, its almost a tank (sorry but still meat for arty if u not in town - 20km/h speed)
Sorry im still at at tier 6 so cant comment others  :arta:

Ast3lan #15 Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10885 battles
I ask myself if the people that made this video and its text actually play the tanks for starters...

With a Pershing i've set the Tier X Brit Heavy on fire, thats a tier VIII tank with a 90mm gun penning a Tier X frontally and actually putting it to burn.

I drive a Churchill II and the massacre sees no end,  this thing is either lucky in one or two bounces, or a matchstick burning forever along with its crew and mods... i ain't even going to refer to the lower level vehicles were you get matched against ( in game ) far superior vehicles.

Just to get things straigh, i still want the Carn and the Tier IX but after that i ain't investing more time in a travesty of a tree that this one is, it just doesn't make justice to the real tanks.

Redbush #16 Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2607 battles
*video praises the British heavy tanks for xyz features*

*comments are filled with people refuting these praises*

Who to believe, i mean WG wouldn't lie to me would they?
Would they?

ChObAm #17 Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6379 battles
I noticed the phrase 'good players' will do this..

what about..'average players'.. what are they supposed to do..

so british heavies are supposed to be used like slow american mediums, hiding behind other people..and not able to make flank runs..

is this a weak and roundabout way of saying..british tech tree is just one big problem, are you saying we messed up..when we made it, but don't want to admit our sytem makes the best guns fail in our damage/hitpoint system..

Are you saying you screwed up the shells as we provided hesh instead of sabot shells as the premium shell.

thing is britsh tree isn't a fail tree you failed as designers with your fantasy buffed, russian guns, so that the best performing guns work in this game as fail guns..

Just suck in your egos admit you messed up, make the fv215b a limited traverse td with a big gun, reward the pain of maxing the heavy line and give  the britsh tree the mk1 chieftain and for the love of what ever diety actually give the 120mm proper performance

dartmaul15 #18 Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7440 battles
I tested them on test server, and i have one thing to say. Get yourself a bloody TD!

They got hifgh rof... so what? you usally end up with only 1 shot at the enemy before they reload (peek a boom). You need a BIG gun!

Huxon #19 Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11881 battles

View PostCommunity, on 18 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

In this video you will learn how to reach the heavy tanks of the British tree, and how to play them once they are in your garage.

Full news text

Attached Thumbnails

yockovich #20 Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71318 battles
Anyone else noticed that when you try to lock the turret (right click) on Fv215b sometimes it does not work? For me it is not working 100% only on this tank.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users