PzKpfw IV Schmalturm - Wargaming.net is getting greedy

PzKpfw IV Schmalturm greedy PzKpfw IV nerf premium tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

VIRUS_Tom #1 Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6143 battles
Not so long ago the PzKpfw IV got nerfed, I loved my PzKpfw IV and is probably my oldest tank in my collection. Then they nerfed it, which of course I didn't like but lived with it because I always felt like it was a bit OP - in reality it is not because with the L70 the tank was so slow and poorly armored it was balanced. You had to just play it like one of those American turreted TD's but be more cautious. Anyway I just shrugged it off and carried on playing with my other tanks.

Then I played at teir 5 in my PzKpfw IV and noticed a PzKpfw IV Schmalturm, i was like WTF is that? so I checked it's stats and low and behold it was a premium version of the PzKpfw IV with the old L70 sniper gun and what looks like better armor.

So in short wargaming.net nerfed my tank so it could be replaced by a premium which = more money for wargaming.net. I feel this is a really cheap move.

Now I understand that WOT is a free to play game and all, but understand from my perspective that I AM a regularly paying customer and this really annoyed the hell out of me. You are basically taking my tank away from me and telling me that I have to buy it again. The incentive to buy the PzKpfw IV Schmalturm already exists from the fact that premium tanks earn more money than their same tier equivalents, nerfing their equivalents to make more people buy them is a discrace.

This is basically a pay to win game now.

Removing all my paint jobs in order to try and get me to spend 3 times as much gold on different ones was bad enough but this is the last straw for me!

End of Rant!

War_of_Genius #2 Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28934 battles
U did see that Panzer IV S is a Tier VI, right?
So the whole "nerfing their equivalents" stuff does not make any sense, does it?

The Panzer IV (regular tier V tank) nerf was needed due to 2 reasons:
1. Thx to KV-nerf (splitting into KV-1 and KV-2) Panzer IV was close to being OP.
2. Due to the buff of that L70 to 150mm penetration Panzer IV surely would have been OP.

So no, they did not nerf it to get u to pay for something, but for balancing issues.

OK, now to your "greedy" thing. I would totally agree, if that Tier VI prem Panzer VI S was better than its counterparts.
But all Tier VI mediums have the same weapon available and also the L56, in case of VK3601(H) the Konische, too. In case of armor in somewhat stands in the middle of the bunch. Talking about mobility: Nah, lets not do this, Panzer IVS would be ashamed, since it lacks compared to all 3 German Tier VI mediums
So, no, it is not an upgrade but an sidegrade with serious dissantvatages.

Therefore there is absolutely no reason for u to be angry. That Tier VI tank is nothing more than an option. U don't have to buy it, u don't need to buy it and that higher cash gain really is small on Tier VI tanks. U can always go for a bid longer grind (like a longer grind u would have to endure without prem account) with any Tier V tank of your liking.

Last thing: Why is it premium? I guess its due to the fact, that the German tree is saturated with 3 Tier VI medium tanks.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 21 December 2012 - 04:43 AM.

VIRUS_Tom #3 Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6143 battles
I did not see that the PzKpfw IV Schmalturm was tier 6  :Smile_mellow:

I assumed the worst, now I feel like an idiot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users