Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
Hi!
Tacticians and strategists attention. A new tool is coming. :smiles:
But first of all the story:
Spoiler                     
With this new program you can plan your tactics for Clan wars or even for tank companies. You can draw your tactic with the common tools, like arrow tool or free draw tool, but you can also animate tank movements on the battlefield... in real time! And finally, after the long planning you can review your tactic.
Features:
  • Load any map in 2 clicks
  • Draw lines, arrows or place images on the selected map
  • Place tanks on the battlefield
  • Animate your tank movements
  • Your tactic can change in time
  • Live briefing
  • Save, share and play battles
  • ...and of course it's FREE :smiles:
You can find more features and screenshots on the webpage:
Tactic planner for World of Tanks (version 1.0.4)
http://tacticplanner.rutkai.hu/

Edited by Esris, 24 November 2013 - 09:34 AM.

XxX__SRB #2 Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 52008 battles
  • [SRBT] SRBT
bravo!

ShOcKeRo #3 Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13341 battles
This is what i've been looking for ages!

One suggestion, could you replace the old minimaps with the new ones, HD minimaps perhaps ?

Esris #4 Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
Yes! :)
I've copied this maps from the original wot files, because I couldn't find any hi-res maps but if you send me a pm with a link to HD maps, I'll replace the files in the next version. And don't worry, it'll be compatible with this save files. ;)

Edited by Esris, 26 December 2012 - 03:31 PM.

D1true2 #5 Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27 battles
My clan has been looking for something to take ATCs place and this looks like it could be it. I will be following you with great interest. I also would like to point you here and here for possible HD map replacements for your project.

Esris #6 Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 0.9.1 is available!

Features:
  • Faster render engine
  • You can see what you draw :)
  • Mappacks: original and HD maps
  • New save file format (the new version still opens old files)
  • Removed quality setting
  • Bugfix: junk in save files
  • Bugfix: loading locked save files until exit
Download: http://tacticplanner.rutkai.hu/

Esris #7 Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 0.9.2 is available!
Features:
  • Completely new WPF engine
  • Dockable panels
  • Toggleable coordinate grid
  • Image export
  • Chinese tanks are added
  • Tank names no longer required
  • Installer now sets file type associations
  • Portable edition

Sorry for the long silence, but I had had a lots of hard exam but I've finished all now. I've just recovered my topic, so it's time to work. :) I have had a little time to write some code. I have reworked the whole rendering engine in a new project and the new planner rocks.  :Smile_veryhappy:  It is now fast enough for use so I can focus on other features like briefing. Yes, the new version will be include the briefing option. ;) Let's see some of the briefing features:
  • P2P connection
  • Ability to protect briefing with password
  • "Ping" an area
  • Live drawing
  • Privileges for the clients => your clients can draw and ping too, if you enable it
I hope I can make the next update sooner than this update. Please be patient and don't forget to tell your friends about this tool ;)

Angelto20 #8 Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6118 battles
  • [S-ESP] S-ESP
Its fantastic!!!

I have some ideas for your next version:

Connect with other users, team mates!
Read data from XVM or from the game and put the tanks in real time over the map with names, hp, etc...
Make an overlay map to play with it inside the game!

Good job!!!

Esris #9 Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 0.9.3 is available!  :Smile-hiding:
Features:
  • Briefing
  • Pinging
  • Selectable dynamic icons and tanks
  • -> Multiselection
  • -> Copy/Paste
  • Updated dynamic icon and tank positioning
  • Fixed menu colors

A short description and how-to for the new version:
Spoiler                     

Let's take a look at the future plans:
This release is the last beta release. The next release won't contain as much features as this, but all of the releases from the next should be bug-free and powerful. :Smile_Default:
On the other hand it's time to promote a bit the Planner. With the next release I'm going to publish a video. In this video I'll introduce all features of the 1.0.0 version. The further releases will depend on the feedbacks (and on using statistics).

Till then, don't forget to tell your friends about this tool! :Smile_great:

TheDevilsGuard #10 Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 36894 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
Good work !

Esris #11 Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 1.0.0 is available!  :Smile-hiding:
Features:
  • Predefined stat points and bases are added
  • Font sizes increased
  • Homapage is addad to About window
  • Hills renamed to Mines
  • Grid layer is lightened
  • Dynamic tank icons realigned
  • 0.8.4 tanks added (maps are not updated yet)
  • Small bugfixes

Here is the first stable release. :Smile_blinky: I haven't updated the 8.4 maps yet, because the original maps resolutions in the res files have been worse, and I haven't found the new HD maps yet. But I'm working on it, so please be patient.  :Smile_smile:

I promised a video about the tool, I'm also working on it, I have already recorded it, but it needs to be translated.

Till then, don't forget to tell your friends about this tool! :Smile_great:

Esris #12 Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
Hi!

On the NA server's forum an interesting question has come up. They have struggled a lot with creating the server side of the briefing and a player asked me about possible solutions. I would like to read your opinions too, so here is the problem:

If you host the server, as now, you have to take care of the open ports. But if somebody else hosts the server, then he has to take care of it. So, we need servers. :) The only problem with the servers is that somebody have to maintain it. Unfortunately, I don't have any reliable server for this purpose (I have only a 'reliable' web server subscription). We have to consider the following solutions:
  • You use my non-professional server for free, but sometimes this server may be laggy or unavailable :(
  • I'll rent a server (subscription or cloud), but we have to pay for this service (and this means a 'premium' content in the Planner)
  • And my latest idea (I've just cooked up :) ): I'll make a distributable server version and I'll collect public servers on the Tactic planner's homepage. If anybody has a reliable server and he tends to host the server for anybody, this idea would work. But this solution isn't better than the first one if nobody wants to host a server for public.
So, this is my difficulty. What do you think? Should I try one of the solutions mentioned above?

Plastilin #13 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43627 battles
installed version 1.0.0.0, looks pretty nice.
but when a friend tryed to join my opened server, he could not see the game, firewall was out, so, dont know whats the problem is.

Esris #14 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
Do you use router? I've written a little network help for the Planner, try it out:
  • You (or somebody in your clan) hosts the server part of the Planner. He/She have to enable port forwarding at the specified port on his/her router. Here is a tutorial about the port forwarding:
    http://www.wikihow.c...ing-on-a-Router
    Please note that your (or somebody else's) router configuration window may differ from the above tutorial's.
  • After enabling port forwarding the clients should be able to connect. The clients have to use the server's external IP address (and of course the port what the server specified). This is usually not the one, what the server displays. The person who created the server can determine this address by using either whereismyip ( http://whereismyip.com/ ) or whatismyip ( http://www.whatismyip.com/ ).
  • If a client couldn't connect, then the client may enable port forwarding too. (But this shouldn't be neccessary.)
More troubleshootings:
  • If clients still don't be able to connect, then try to use another port. The default port may being used. I recommend to use a random port number between 25000 and 50000.
  • Try to swap the rules. Somebody else hosts the server, then the old server will be trying to connect to him/her.
  • Proxies may cause some troubles, try not to use any.
  • Subnetworks may cause troubles too. If you and your friends are (for example) at a university, then you should use the subnet IP-s (in this case the Planner's determined server IP should work). If you use a subnet (like at a university) where you can't enable port forwarding, then clients from outside this subnet won't be able to connect to you.
I hope this will help you.

Esris #15 Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 1.0.1 is available!  :hiding:
Features:
  • Now you can choose to show tank icons instead of tank types in dynamic view
  • New 0.8.5 map has been added
  • New 0.8.5 tanks have been added
  • Tank sorting bug fixed

Sorry for replying late, but my provider has screwed up something, and I cannot log in to the admin page :amazed: but it's okay now.

I'm sad to see that nobody has replied about the briefing question. I hope I'll get just a few feedback in the future.

And finally another important thing about the planner: in the WoT res files the maps' resolutions shrank in the version 8.4 and I don't know where should I get new high-res original maps. If anybody has an idea please write to me.

vonNoob #16 Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21591 battles
Maybe if u can make "ping" on map smaller like circle or dot, coz its to big if u want 2 make sure your team mate understand where 2 go :)

BillyDozer #17 Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4417 battles

View PostEsris, on 07 April 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi!

On the NA server's forum an interesting question has come up. They have struggled a lot with creating the server side of the briefing and a player asked me about possible solutions. I would like to read your opinions too, so here is the problem:

If you host the server, as now, you have to take care of the open ports. But if somebody else hosts the server, then he has to take care of it. So, we need servers. :) The only problem with the servers is that somebody have to maintain it. Unfortunately, I don't have any reliable server for this purpose (I have only a 'reliable' web server subscription). We have to consider the following solutions:
You use my non-professional server for free, but sometimes this server may be laggy or unavailable :(
I'll rent a server (subscription or cloud), but we have to pay for this service (and this means a 'premium' content in the Planner)
And my latest idea (I've just cooked up :) ): I'll make a distributable server version and I'll collect public servers on the Tactic planner's homepage. If anybody has a reliable server and he tends to host the server for anybody, this idea would work. But this solution isn't better than the first one if nobody wants to host a server for public.

So, this is my difficulty. What do you think? Should I try one of the solutions mentioned above?

Do you mean that this software would be a client and need a dedicated server to connect to? If thats the case i think its a bad idea,  more expense and knowledge required in server administration. Just add a readme with tutorial for portforwarding ;)

Also would it be possible to have the map area zoomable?

Edited by BillyDozer, 28 May 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Esris #18 Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
@Cranky69
Okay ;) I'll make this feature to a similar key combination, like Ctrl+Shift+Click.

@BillyDozer
In that case I would keep the P2P mode too, but there are several scenarios (like internet cafes, universities, etc.) where the dedicated server version would be simpler. I think I'll keep this idea in my notes but at low priority.
About the zoomable map: yes I have tought about it, but I had a lot of more important features. ;)

For all:
For a week or so I probably won't have any time to deal with the planner. I will publish a new version as soon as I can.

ZedtheOracle #19 Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3899 battles
if we could get a feature to play the dynamic and static simultaneously, that'd be great! Some fusion magic and bam! More clear instructions /assuming you're gentle with your drawing)

Esris #20 Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11964 battles
  • [P-H-D] P-H-D
New version 1.0.2 is available!:hiding:
Features:
  • Updated maps and tanks to 8.7
  • Replaced HD maps
  • Added more Unknown tank type

I'm working on a bigger update, but you know: everything is slower in the summer. :) It will be done when it's done.

@ZedtheOracle
Thanks for the tip, I'll do it later. ;)

Also tagged with tactic, plan, maketactic, maps, tacticplanner, strategy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users