when T44 will give some buff?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

tracker8888 #81 Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I agree with Lupusceleri, the armor on my t44 pretty much eats all the shells, in a bad way. The armor thickness is fine, but having T1s shoot through the "sloped" and "deflecting" FRONTAL armor head on is kind of pathetic. I think atleast it needs a buff to its armor in some way. I think they should atleast buff the armor, this bullet magnet needs to start bouncing those shells (atleast from tier 5-6 and below) or else you end up with alot of holes for your trouble.

yifanwang99 #82 Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
The best buff a T44, and all the medium tanks could get, is.........

to have them actually weigh less in matchmaking than a heavy tank. Getting pretty tired of being matched up against IS3 or Tiger 2. Before the patch? Maybe. After the patch? Dont even try.

Stirlitz #83 Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10401 battles
I have a feeling that the problem with weak armor and detracking is somehow connected. Lately i got shot right under the turret from the right side, the shot clearly should hit the hull but it got my track red.
Since it did some nice damage, i am pretty sure it was AP. This tells me that the tracks hitbox even covers the hull up to the turret, maybe that is why detracks happen on every hit and the armor has absolutely no effect.

elevensun #84 Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Kradoc nice post,..i an happy some player can  Honest discussion of a question and Understand what we say
but i think about this
"T-44; Amazing acceleration, amazing mobility, more health"

:huh: To tell the truth This advantage has been no

gramariss #85 Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24756 battles
  • [-FC-] -FC-

View PostLupusceleri, on 08 December 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

..uhm.

You can't penetrate top tier heavies from ANY side. Maus, IS-7, IS-4 are all impossible to hurt with AP shells. Panther can hurt all of these np, obvious conclusion is that we need a gun with better penetration.. the Germans can keep the best accuracy, np.

I can't say I have this bouncy T-44 armor tho. Even T-28 and other tier 4 tanks are putting the hurt on me.

The only difference from those 3 you've mentioned is actually sides of maus. But from larger distances panther also struggles with it. I think what makes actual difference is that with L71 accuracy it is easier to chop into sweat spots, like is4 drivers hatch, while  ID10T relies on luck. However 88mm shell quite often has issues detracking t9/10 heavies even from short distances... now that sets into mood for punching babies  :angry:

yifanwang99 #86 Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostLupusceleri, on 08 December 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

..uhm.

You can't penetrate top tier heavies from ANY side. Maus, IS-7, IS-4 are all impossible to hurt with AP shells. Panther can hurt all of these np, obvious conclusion is that we need a gun with better penetration.. the Germans can keep the best accuracy, np.

I can't say I have this bouncy T-44 armor tho. Even T-28 and other tier 4 tanks are putting the hurt on me.

I honestly dont think armour is the problem. The armour of the T44 was the same before and after the patch. I can still regularly bounce VK3601 and Vk3002's 75 and 88 mm guns off my front armour. The problem is that with warping gone you simply get hit a lot more often than before, especially the hard-hitting heavy tank and TD guns that werent able to hit you so easily before.

And T44 is actually fragile, 1000 hp only takes 3 122mm shells to take out.

Kradoc #87 Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postyifanwang99, on 10 December 2010 - 12:33 PM, said:

I honestly dont think armour is the problem. The armour of the T44 was the same before and after the patch. I can still regularly bounce VK3601 and Vk3002's 75 and 88 mm guns off my front armour. The problem is that with warping gone you simply get hit a lot more often than before, especially the hard-hitting heavy tank and TD guns that werent able to hit you so easily before.

Yep.

The strength of the T-44 was always in the ability to avoid being hit. Without warping, our 'speed armor' isnt as effective due to easier sniping, the huge benefits to shooting when stationary, and the insane sight range in this game. I regularly get sniped from half the map away.  When the enemy is so far away, its easy to get hit from the sides.  It doesn't matter where you face, *someone* on their team has a nice angle to shoot at you.

And frankly, if you look at the patch notes, the changes are:
Т-44: +5% accuracy during movement and traverse, by 25% increased durability of tracks.

So basically we get better accuracy and better durability of tracks. The tracks, good. The accuracy, basically pointless. I'm already accurate while moving, but its not like you can snipe at 50 mph, and 5% is nothing. I would have rather seen 5-50% less speed loss due to hill and terrain.

enu_ #88 Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22823 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View Postyifanwang99, on 10 December 2010 - 12:33 PM, said:

only 2 fired from BL-9

Cygnus_A #89 Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10097 battles
There's also a 20 HP buff coming to the t-44/54 engine. Not much, but better than nothing I guess.

Pahech #90 Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Oddly enough, to be moderately successful in playing a T-44 post patch requires a combination of play, in my opinion.  I admit I am nowhere a great player, but I think I played enough games to give some insights on medium effectiveness.  Pre-patch I was logging a win rate of about 58% on the T-44, where I have relatively little trouble closing the distance and winning close range battle.  The fact that a heavy had a team behind its back was less relevant then due to the fact they have trouble hitting me from a distance.  The patch gave me a rude shock as my win rate pummeled quickly to where I am now (52%), and it only stabilized recently.  Clearly I was losing a lot more than I was winning to change the win rate that much.  It only stabilized when I adopted more of a sniping game for the first portion of the game, unless it was a city map, and only played more how I used to after the number of threatening heavies on the opposite side has been reduced the about to less than 5.  Only then can the strong 1vs1 capabilities a medium has can be somewhat utilized.

While the circle is very much a limited tool, and most heavies can track mediums via turning the turret and moving their hull at the same direction, it still proof effective at reducing damage.  A heavy that needs to turn the hull has vastly reduced accuracy, and many heavies actually miss more often at point blank range.  They also usually won't hit your tracks at close range.  Furthermore, even if a heavy can track a medium doing the circle, they cannot fully utilize their "DPS", because a good portion of the time they are turning their tank trying to hit you, while you as a medium should be dealing effectively your max potential of damage, since you are hitting at the weak portions of the heavy most of the time.  This is even more crucial in cases where both tanks have mutual damage, and a semi-successful circling can still allow a medium to succeed over a heavy (such as cases where the medium manage to land 4 hits as oppose to receiving 1 back).

Most of the time T-44 will take at least 3 shots to die, with the exception being arty, ISU-152, and T30.

Honestly, if the vision problem is fixed, T-44 should perform somewhat better even in the age of sniping-from-half-the-map away, because we can actually return fire.

Koffee #91 Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 947 battles
sold mine, in prep for the softwipe, i moaned and ranted on these forums about how exp gain needed tweaking.
i then finally got into a t44 and tbh at start i loved it, until i started playing with my friends again (begging them to see past the grind fest that is tier 6+)  
my main wingman who i play 90% of the time with was always a tier or two below. when he was in the kv3 he held his own but was frustrating being slow, and really wasn't able to play lead role due to speed.  it then changed, when he reached the IS,  same fire power has my t44 exactly same guns. apart from the 122mm when he got that, my t44 was made totally useless and nothing but a scout.

faster reload on his 122mm even tho he's a tier less.   (100mm is useless if your in a group)
he could take soo many more shots.
he deflects more shots in a game than i do in a whole gaming session
he's cheaper to repair

yeah i win on speed, thats no good unless u wanna be a idiot and run risk of getting shot at by even more hostiles at further range (getting hit by tank destoryers from other end of the map).   and lets not forget you can't use that speed when your just totally tracked, or your engine takes a hit.

why even bother to play a t44?  a t43 got same fire power  and is cheaper to maintain

at the moment, your just better off with a IS or above after a t43, and forget about the t44

Lupusceleri #92 Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View PostPahech, on 12 December 2010 - 03:13 PM, said:

Honestly, if the vision problem is fixed, T-44 should perform somewhat better even in the age of sniping-from-half-the-map away, because we can actually return fire.

Except that... our gun's accuracy is crap beyond belief, and we'd just miss them unless we stand still and aim first.

elevensun #93 Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
i real happy there have some player real Understanding what i am saying about T44!!thx you guys..

(and thx you Patience .. read my broken English) :Smile_honoring:

.i don;t know the Designers or Overlord will come see or not...i hope they real read those post (Except for some Pretend to understand the players they lie results)...if they can understanding then this game will be more fun...i must say right this patch 0.6.1.5 is kind boring...Denied the characteristics of the different tanks......now Medium tank driver so miserable  

Filas #94 Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 1471 battles

View Postelevensun, on 14 December 2010 - 07:15 AM, said:

.i don;t know the Designers or Overlord will come see or not...i hope they real read those post (Except for some Pretend to understand the players they lie results)...if they can understanding then this game will be more fun...i must say right this patch 0.6.1.5 is kind boring...Denied the characteristics of the different tanks......now Medium tank driver so miserable  
Can't agree more about this. The game is now even a bigger campfest than it was before, I've even seen camping Leos and PZIIIs :Smile-hiding:

gramariss #95 Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 24756 battles
  • [-FC-] -FC-
I don't agree with many posters here that T-44 is lacking of speed or agility etc... but it definitely has one issue. And big one. Actually any other medium tank in the game also shares that issue... It is called IS-3.

Tank with such strong armor and such powerful gun should not be able to move that fast through the flanks, go uphills, be so agile in town and have such ABSURD turret traverse speed. It's an insult to anyone who loves medium tanks. World of Stalin after playing IS-3 suddenly seems so much less interesting... Not sure if this goes live I'll be paying for it, though before getting IS-3 I was certain I would...  :blink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users