Jump to content


January Calendar


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,443
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
The first month of 2013 is here and with it new exciting events! Enjoy cold January in the comfort of your house while playing World of Tanks!

Full news text

Nectaria #2 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 9652 battles
  • 3,787
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011
Tank of the month, again a try of WG to promote the british tanks after weeks and months of specials that tried the same. When is it going to get understood by WG that hardly anybody is interested in them?

ArnieDude #3 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23461 battles
  • 833
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011
Guess what tanks will be in the Leningrad special? Sure..  I would say Hellcat and lots of other American and French stuff, since they were furthest away from this conflict.  :Smile_trollface-3:

@ Nectaria: Cromwell looks like good fun though, nothing wrong with it being tank of the month right? :)

Bloodyfox #4 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24852 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011
Cromwell is great tank,I cant remember when I had so much fun.

DlRT #5 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33739 battles
  • 440
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG
  • Member since:
    09-06-2010

View PostNectaria, on 01 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Tank of the month, again a try of WG to promote the british tanks after weeks and months of specials that tried the same. When is it going to get understood by WG that hardly anybody is interested in them?

Many are interested in them, but yes, they've got enough promotion.

95tonne #6 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1934 battles
  • 309
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostNectaria, on 01 January 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Tank of the month, again a try of WG to promote the british tanks after weeks and months of specials that tried the same. When is it going to get understood by WG that hardly anybody is interested in them?

British tanks are bad, and Chinese are gonna be even worse. For God's sake, not even the French tree has been fully completed, ffs.

Tank trees are not something to be rushed through.

Silentstalker #7 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16479 battles
  • 7,426
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011
"Light tank frenzy?" Damn, I thought that one is already here as the new "feature" of the arty hardcap :)

Ah well, the joys of events made funny by unforseen consequences... :)

Gruff_ #8 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16825 battles
  • 250
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
Fingers crossed Destruction Derby will be somewhat like the old PS1 game sharing the name, though I expect its a bonus or comp for ramming tanks to destruction.

Elua #9 Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 29537 battles
  • 528
  • Member since:
    10-20-2010
Any Community Manager can confirm is "New Year's Special" in January Calendar same "Happy New Year!" : http://worldoftanks....ppy-new-year/��  ?

Why other name ?

SpectreGhost #10 Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9148 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    02-01-2011

View PostArnieDude, on 01 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Guess what tanks will be in the Leningrad special? Sure..  I would say Hellcat and lots of other American and French stuff, since they were furthest away from this conflict.  :Smile_trollface-3:

@ Nectaria: Cromwell looks like good fun though, nothing wrong with it being tank of the month right? :)
but also some hight tier russian tanks...whatever special it is, russians gotta be in it  :Smile_trollface-3:

JPKERR #11 Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18339 battles
  • 1,306
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010
Well, we will see if events in this month gonna be good  :Smile_blinky:  Christmas one was awesome.

Wallpaper of the month here if you dont mind a bit Russian and dont want to wait till they add it on EU:
http://worldoftanks....dia/objekt-704/

WarxOfx23th #12 Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10063 battles
  • 350
  • Member since:
    08-15-2012
I hope there will be some nice specials.

Sakri #13 Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24554 battles
  • 80
  • [EXCA] EXCA
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011
Again only pro-Allied specials. It would not be criminal to remember some Axis victories too, you know. There were some pretty interesting battles that the Axis won. 3rd battle of Kharkov special would be pretty neat.

Edited by Sakri, 02 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.


Nectaria #14 Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 9652 battles
  • 3,787
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View PostSakri, on 02 January 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Again only pro-Allied specials. It would not be criminal to remember some Axis victories too, you know. There were some pretty interesting battles that the Axis won. 3rd battle of Kharkov special would be pretty neat.

WG is too busy being politically correct that it doesn't care about history anymore.

Painiac #15 Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17643 battles
  • 614
  • Member since:
    02-19-2012
:Smile_veryhappy:

Destruction Derby event! Damn, that old game was sure fun!

dodgerman20001 #16 Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 20534 battles
  • 368
  • [LUV] LUV
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011
Churchill 1 is by far the best tier 5 if played right... KV1 stands no chance, churchill 111 is crap now since the nerfs and does little damage....


Where is the info for the" New Year's Special" running until this friday??? or is that the same special that was supposed to finish last night?."Happy New Year!".From the 29 December at 06:30 CET (05:30 GMT) until the 2nd January 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT):


From the 29 December at 06:30 CET (05:30 GMT) until the 2nd January 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT):

dodgerman20001 #17 Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 20534 battles
  • 368
  • [LUV] LUV
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011

View PostPainiac, on 02 January 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

Destruction Derby event! Damn, that old game was sure fun!

Wish they would remake that game :)

Alecsandru010 #18 Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 34165 battles
  • 716
  • Member since:
    09-15-2010

View Postdodgerman20001, on 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Churchill 1 is by far the best tier 5 if played right... KV1 stands no chance, churchill 111 is crap now since the nerfs and does little damage....


Where is the info for the" New Year's Special" running until this friday??? or is that the same special that was supposed to finish last night?."Happy New Year!".From the 29 December at 06:30 CET (05:30 GMT) until the 2nd January 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT):


This.

Denii #19 Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 21188 battles
  • 792
  • Member since:
    01-21-2011

View Postdodgerman20001, on 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Churchill 1 is by far the best tier 5 if played right... KV1 stands no chance

If the kv1 angles agressively by showing more the sides than front the Churchill will have great issues with 0 hp critical hits. The T1 heavy is also a great opponent with awesome dpm and power.

JUDrFeelgood #20 Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19951 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View Postdodgerman20001, on 02 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Wish they would remake that game :)

Flatout 1, 2, UC - great Destruction Derby remakes!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users