Creative Winter Contest Winners!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The submissions for this contest were awesome! These are the winners! Happy holidays and a happy new year to everyone!

Full news text

------------

Here is the list of winners. Congrats!

FIRST PRIZE (Author : 4.000 gold, Participators : 2000 gold)
Spoiler                     

SECOND PRIZE (Author: 3000 gold, Participators: 1500 gold)
Spoiler                     

THIRD PRIZE (Author: 2000 gold, Participators: 1000 gold)
Spoiler                     

YOUTUBE

FIRST PRIZE (Author : 8000 gold, Participators : 4000)
Spoiler                     

SECOND PRIZE (Author : 6.000 gold, Participators : 3000 gold)
Spoiler                     

THIRD PRIZE (Author : 4000 gold, Participators : 2000 gold)
Spoiler                     

_Say_ #2 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16309 battles
Did you receive our winter video?

And one thing... One of conditions was that game must be in vanilla, no mods. But second video have custom skins.

EDIT: Also first video break the rules... Using unzoom mod and copyrighted music.

knightM #3 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45818 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Well the winners look good, however.....

from the contest announcement ''The image or video must be from World of tanks in game without any mods¨

First vid uses zoom out mod  - not a big deal as it's not zoomed out much and it doesn't change the effect much,

Second vid uses custom skins - quite an issue actually as these seem to be the reason why it got into top3

So WG changes contest rules as they desire?

supercharge #4 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View Post_Say_, on 01 January 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Did you receive our winter video?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=3ifTIVpvoeA

And one thing... One of conditions was that game must be in vanilla, no mods. But second video have custom skins.

All of the winners were carefully picked and chosen because of their creativity and hard work to put it together. The authors of the video asked us personally if they could liven up their video with colourful skins as they were only going  to use them in a training room. We wanted to be flexible and this was fun as it did look really cool. The use of any little mods in no way determined or impacted the winners in any way shape or form. The philosophy of the contest was to have fun and celebrate the season  :Smile_Default:
P.S. Scroll up to see the complete list of winners

Ludwa #5 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34029 battles
  • [EHW] EHW
Ok, it seems, that all animals are equal. Some of them are more equal.
Not bad, if you say - "mods are not allowed" and after the end "small mods are allowed"... Funny.
It must be very hard to work like this...

knightM #6 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45818 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
So everyone was equal except some were more equal? Great job

I do wonder how the use of the mods didn't in no way impact the second vid.

_Say_ #7 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16309 battles

View Postsupercharge, on 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

All of the winners were carefully picked and chosen because of their creativity and hard work to put it together. The authors of the video asked us personally if they could liven up their video with colourful skins as they were only going  to use them in a training room. We wanted to be flexible and this was fun as it did look really cool. The use of any little mods in no way determined or impacted the winners in any way shape or form. The philosophy of the contest was to have fun and celebrate the season
P.S. Scroll up to see the complete list of winners

I understand your philosophy (yes, we had great fun during shooting) but rules are rules and we followed it (as everyone should).

It's unfair. I feel cheated. Sorry, WG, you disappointed me.

Gruff_ #8 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16825 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Postsupercharge, on 01 January 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

The authors of the video asked us personally if they could liven up their video with colourful skins as they were only going  to use them in a training room. We wanted to be flexible and this was fun as it did look really cool.

Imagine that video without the present skins and father christmas logo on the big tank, now does it have the same effect is the message as obvious?

if you decide to let custom skins be allowed have the bloody decency to inform all the people interested in making a video via an ammendment to the contest rules on the web page and forum.

Nakell #9 Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11910 battles
Czech comunity thread about Winter Creative Contest
http://forum.worldof...41#entry3466941

Translate:
Q:"Can we use tanks-skins for that vid?"
A: (just copy+paste from rules) "YT category: Video must be in min 480p. Picture or video must be from WoT withnout any mods."

Zoom out = mod
tanks skins = mod

They used it and it is against the rules. Well done WG. So, that is how is it going in WG? Dude, i want to work in there!

EDIT:

The philosophy of the contest was to have fun and celebrate the season
Yes, we had. But now, after results release it is just fun!

Edited by Nakell, 01 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.

XO_Foucault #10 Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Community Team Lead

• Player
  • 1768 battles
I love it!! :)

I'm listening to the first to the first video on loop ^^ It was a great way to end the year and the submissions were all very good. To those of you who took the time to join with friends and make these awesome images and videos I wanted to thank you. Along with the youtube video repliesIt really warmed our hearts to see them all, especially for those of us who were working throughout the winter season, away from friends and family.  It was hard to choose, believe me. When it comes to the rules guys, I appreciate how sensitive it can be and we'll be more detailed and communicate any flexibility better or just omit certain rules all together in the future. Believe me that any flexibility we showed the participants did not change who won or who we chose as winners. It was a light and fun contest and we thank everyone who participated, those who can appreciate the intention and had fun I thank you all.

Happy holidays and a happy new year!

Hunter__Smurf #11 Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 49575 battles
Hate, hate, hate, jealous, jealous, jealous ....
well done job my bro roblack

XO_Foucault #12 Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Community Team Lead

• Player
  • 1768 battles
:) Yes, HUGE props to the winning authors: Berto72, Mirek, Mattimaster, Roblack, XBamelinX, barrakketh _:)

Amayii #13 Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21003 battles
  • [WHY] WHY
Dutchreloaded wishes everybody a happy new year and we would like to thank Wargaming and the community people for their time and gold! :)

- Amayii
www.dutchreloaded.nl

roblack #14 Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17352 battles
  • [SLF] SLF
Tnx a lot guys ! Happy holidays !
This was an awesome contest, and i am so glad i was a part of it !

Cheers !

Falerion #15 Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17126 battles
nice vids and pics, looks like a lot of time and effort was spent (on all). Congratz to the winners!

Psych_Viking #16 Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34130 battles
  • [1STLT] 1STLT
I not happy this me work but no win  :arta:

Kyphros #17 Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14402 battles
  • [DODU] DODU
The worst in this contest isn't the tank skins part. It's the copyrighted elements that were used in the videos and images. And frankly, when you put hours of work in a contest, you expect the winners to have respected the goddamn rules! I can accept that people are better than  me at this, and it doesn't surprise me, but only if said people didn't cheat.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BuHEwTAvwJo
Aaaand there go the rules and fairness... To the septic tank.

Image 3: Zoom on the tiny santa with deers. There's written "free footage" on it. Which means it is an extract of a probably copyrighted material, as well as the holly outline. Also the guy who pasted it didn't bother to remove some of the white pixels between the deer's legs and all. Fail, fail and fail.

This contest's choices are full of fail, and you, WG mods, are the most terrible of all mods in the world when it comes to respecting your own damn rules. Even my community mods (french) disagreed on whether or not I was allowed to draw a tiny background (1/4 of the length of the screenshot) besides my main picture. I have sent a question to 2 of them and received 2 different answers (it was about my participation in the Image category).

So you want people to take you as a serious, professional company? Stop asking for votes on stupid websites that give you awards and start ACTING AS PROFESSIONALS GODDAMMIT !

Ludwa #18 Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34029 battles
  • [EHW] EHW
I have reached quota of positive votes for the day - so at least here - +1, Kyphros...

Berto72 #19 Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58400 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
from a mail send to me by J.A.M.P.  (member of WG community):

"Dear friend,
Thank you for win the Creative Winter Contest. We need that you will send to us the correct nicknames of this three players: Fox1985, generalemartella , omarasso."

Thank you!

Dear community, previus at all, thank you for the outstanding quality of Wot.

im Berto72, the art director of the winner image.

due to an error in nick reporting, 3 members that was in image have not get the prize:

Santa:
FOx1985 (BatChat.25t) is F0x1985 (with "zero" instead "O")

Chorus:
omarasso (T1) is omarasso94 (i missed "94")

Fireworks:
generalemartella (Grille) is genaralemartella

I hope that the matter can be resolved

Best regards,
Berto72

XO_Foucault #20 Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Community Team Lead

• Player
  • 1768 battles
@ Berto72: Thanks for getting back to us so quickly :) Ill send the prizes out in a couple of minutes. :)

@Kyphros: filtering away your profanity and negativity, I appreciate the feedback regarding accuracy in the rules and following them. We could of been more precise and we could of communicated to everyone that their is certain flexibility, I hope you can appreciate our intentions when leaning towards flexibility as we know how hard it is to put creative videos together. For January the Destruction Derby we will correct focus more on your core feedback. We are working very hard to massively increase the amount of community engagement we offer everyone so that it is unprecedented in the gaming industry and we appreciate if a bit of patience could be extended. When it comes to choosing winners its always comes to personal opinions and feel that it was a sensitive topic for you. If I had to choose between promoting fun activities for everyone to participate VS doing nothing at all, I choose the former. We'll do better, cut us some slack :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users