Tips on how to hide as VK2801

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Shaslan #41 Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22520 battles
I have a question to all of you players. What skills/perks do you have on your crew in VK2801?
I generally am following the path, which Tazilon madein his guide book, but does anybody has a different ones?

Tazilon #42 Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostShaslan, on 19 January 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

I have a question to all of you players. What skills/perks do you have on your crew in VK2801?
I generally am following the path, which Tazilon madein his guide book, but does anybody has a different ones?

I know a lot of players will take Clutch Braking before Off Road Driving.

Cobra6 #43 Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostShaslan, on 19 January 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

1st: Commander 6th sense, rest camo
2nd: Commander camo, Gunner snap shot, Driver shooting on the move, Radio extended viewrange, loader repair (currently all of them around 40%)

I play this scout as an assault vehicle so that is why I choose for snap shot and shooting on the move.

Cobra 6

Shaslan #44 Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22520 battles
I asked earlier, because I was finishing my 2nd skill on the crew. At the moment I'm training 3rd, and it's:
Posted Image
what do You think of that choice? I was struggling with cammo/ repair on the commander but repair win.

Edited by Shaslan, 22 January 2013 - 01:38 PM.

Zuyl #45 Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16214 battles
Always take camo over repair first. If you get detracked you have to use a repair kit, otherwise you're usually dead. I'm currently starting on my 3rd skill as well and switched all members to BiA. I'm a big fan of this perk even though a lot of players don't like it on the VK.

madmatone #46 Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11610 battles
There was another thread yesterday, claiming it would be impossible to break even, let alone make any profit in a T5 scout.
I replied that even something low as 2500 spotting damage cause 15k income and are enough to pay all your bills, which was doubted.
So I jumped in the VK28, and decided to to NOTHING for a while, wasting even some premium shells, get killed and at least break even:

1st try:
http://mwreplays.com...y/4BVTH79UP54M/

Nothing spectacular, funnily EXACTLY 2500 spotting damage and 15k income (no premium account) as predicted.

Now add some skill to it and you´re good to go.
:-)

Ouchmaster #47 Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7090 battles
  • [HCORE] HCORE

View Postmadmatone, on 25 January 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

There was another thread yesterday, claiming it would be impossible to break even, let alone make any profit in a T5 scout.
I replied that even something low as 2500 spotting damage cause 15k income and are enough to pay all your bills, which was doubted.
So I jumped in the VK28, and decided to to NOTHING for a while, wasting even some premium shells, get killed and at least break even:

1st try:
http://mwreplays.com...y/4BVTH79UP54M/

Nothing spectacular, funnily EXACTLY 2500 spotting damage and 15k income (no premium account) as predicted.

Now add some skill to it and you´re good to go.
:-)

You are right and you are wrong.

Yes you need skill. You need skill to drive this tank and yield the same result an unskilled newbie would do with a KV-1.

The simple reason is that the tank suck. It does have its own playing style, that once mastered makes it "average", but definitly not a top class tank.

Having played now over 700 battles with this tank I am managing up a winning rate of 52% (against extremly high tank tiers), and despite that I am barely break-even credit-wise. You get better as a player when you play a lot, but not the tank.

Chances are that you just got lucky, and I do not see how a vk2801 newbie can have the required "skill" straight away when playing such a fragile tank.

Edited by Ouchmaster, 25 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

madmatone #48 Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11610 battles

View PostTazilon, on 10 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

Spoiler                     

By the way, I titled it wrong,  It is West, not East...

Great show.
And besides the gameplay what impresses me most: THE CHAT.
Players actually talk, as in: exchanging vital information related to the battle.
They interact without mentioning their female parents and questionable sexual practices between her and large parts of the player base.
They manage to form complete sentences... that's what I miss most on the EU server.
There is no such thing.
Every hint or request is misunderstood by some overly proud member of a glorious nation that fought some great battles against the big bad Russian empire and practically brought down the iron curtain all by itself - which empowers that proud nation member to ignore all outside world input to his decisions... and nobody understands a darn word of what he is babbling in his never seen before language.

And if some day he manages to use google translate all he can come up with is: VK2801 dont camp go scaut or me shut you!

Tazilon #49 Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostOuchmaster, on 25 January 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

You are right and you are wrong.

Yes you need skill. You need skill to drive this tank and yield the same result an unskilled newbie would do with a KV-1.

The simple reason is that the tank suck. It does have its own playing style, that once mastered makes it "average", but definitly not a top class tank.

Having played now over 700 battles with this tank I am managing up a winning rate of 52% (against extremly high tank tiers), and despite that I am barely break-even credit-wise. You get better as a player when you play a lot, but not the tank.

Chances are that you just got lucky, and I do not see how a vk2801 newbie can have the required "skill" straight away when playing such a fragile tank.

If you don't use HEAT you should consistently make money with your Cougar.  If you use a lot of HEAT you can stil make money if you hit almost all your shots for high damage and if you spot for a lot of DUD.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users