• This topic is locked This topic is locked
60 replies to this topic

aboch #1 Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

POPULAR

Got sick today playing WOT

There are days you get sick while playing WOT, honestly. I can deal with having some idiots in the team, no problem at all. But hell, where come so many clueless players from at once?
The last 2 weeks have been really testing my nerves and maybe today i got just too much WOT and chronic loosers in my teams.

Honestly, i'am sick of:
- loosing with 6, 7, 8 or even 9 kills
- being nearly in every battle today the best in my team but loosing desperatly with 3:15, 2:15, 4:15, you know what i mean
- seing the first minue that tanks drive back !!! to stay together at A0, K0 in platoons and doing just ..... nothing.
- seing that total low noobs with 2k - 3k fights and a IS-4, IS7 or similar and a WR of <35% are in my team and top tier tanks.
- seing these days scouts hidding even behind arty the WHOLE game.
- seing mediums staying the whole game at arty and TD positions,  you even don't know where to go with a TD/Arty because lights and mediums have occupied them allready.
- having a team that leads 12:4 for example and nobody drives back to safe the own cap while there is a light in it, just nobody cares these days it seems.
- having teams that start somehow in a lemming train, you hope they rush through fully while you cover the open flank and at once you see 1 minute later it's 0:7 allready but wonder why because in front of you their is their main force and common mathematics tell you that when on your side are 8 tanks, 3 artys are behind than there are only 4 tanks left again on the rushed side. But hey, we had only 11 tanks there, so just normally these days, lol.
- having a hummel in my team that even with the grille has a 5% hitrate only.
- having arty in my team that drives straight to the enemy like a scout
- and most terrible, heavies camping at base, nothing worse in my opinion
- and so on and so on, just wanted to name some things.

It makes me sick these days, honestly. I'am raged about soooo much stupidity all the time the last days. If i hadn't allready 2 warnings for shaming/naming i would make a full series of pics/screenshoots and replys here and right now beginning with an object TD that did the whole game nothing and when the enemy come finally to him he just drove into water and suicide his own.......

Now, i understand it's all about fun, sure, but how you can have fun with another 10 idiots in a team. Remembers me about another case. Came into a team and saw one of the best players of WOT (Ostwind.....) in my team, thinking, great, will be an easy one. Lost 3:15 after 3 minutes (him 1 kill, me 1 kill, arty 1 kill). Just another total Idiot team you have ZERO chance to win, and with ZERO i mean ZERO.

Ok, so where is the fun for me being in teams with some total brainless players? Where is my fun when i see that the top 3 tier heavy tanks in my team are in a platoon and each of them drives his IS-3, IS-4 or IS-7 with a 25% - 35% winrate. It's obviously lost befor it beginns.

Something is wrong that could and should be improved. I'am loosing slowly but surely fun at this game. I'am a tank collector just for fun, about 120 tanks in my garage, each fully equipped with camo paint on and so on and so on. I love this game, but hey, i even don't feel ready to play a tier 10 tank after my 11k battles and i wouldn't buy one just to be a burden to my team right now.

So, finally after my rage is gone away a bit, some suggestions to WOT:

- maybe all elements, moduls and research 3 times the current experience needed, that way players are forced to play longer on a given tank/tier and get mostly more familar with game mechanics and gameplay (hope so)
- give the good and acting players from both teams (winning as loosing one) more XP and credits so stimulate players doing more.
- allow more reports to be done than the current 5 for AFK/BOT players. There are currently in every 2nd game some AFKs/BOTs but when you play 50 games per day you have fast finished these complaints!!! So at least for BOTs allow more, maybe 10 or 20.
- Make climbing the tech tree harder, for example the player must have at least Tanker Level 1 to pass to next tank, even level 2 would sort a lot of players that can't even drive straight with there tank.
- make different levels to choose from. Similar to the current "Standard and encouter feature". I'am well aware that this game should be fun for EVERYBODY, so let's be fun for everybody. It can't be fun for total noobs to make 1 kill in 20 games either, not?
- make a feature that forbidds/cancels "fun platoons" in the meaning of let's say 2x Tier 8 tanks + 1x tier 2 tank. I had currently a battle where 4 tanks have been 4 or 5 tiers below the normal tier because of such fun platoons, which means that you begin with 4 tanks less as they are useless and just feed for the enemy.
- make the trainingroom more interessant for new players. Let's say for 100 games with a given tank they get the research to the next tier of that tech tree. Than for tier 2 they need 250 games or so, just an idea and not calculated it so far. But i think that one of the reasons is that the trainingroom is not of interest for new players as they have no gain there, maybe i'am wrong, just a thought how to "educate" new players better so they are not a handicap/burden in random battles later.

Too lazy to write more, mostly it's anway useless. And no, i don't care if this post/topic gets  a lot of negative votes now, just had to write it that this principially great game can suck totally from time to time!

Krizmuz #2 Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9031 battles
At least you have a clan to platoon with.

wims80 #3 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles
I agree, the quality of the players have been absolutely horrendously bad the last few weeks. Today I experienced the straw that broke the camels back; literally nobody from my team went hill on campinovka. It was obviously a big problem for our team as the enemies had sent a bunch up there. They killed me quickly. So I informed the enemy team in chat that my teammates were all camping in the base and that they could just roll down there and roflstomp them, they were camping it out, waiting for their destiny  (I'm a bad boy, I know). And who would have thought, my team actually started moving after I said that. They even put up a good fight around the church area, but it was too late, we lost. Hopefully somebody learned something about tactics, flanks and getting fired at from multiple directions at once. I don't know

Then an hour later a buddy of mine hopped online and we played some platoons and we won literally every game we played, I think we played about 10 matches. It's amazing how much teamwork actually helps when it comes to winning. But most importantly, it's amazing how much playing in a platoon helps in regards to reducing rage. Very highly recommended.

aboch #4 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostWootanklan, on 09 January 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

At least you have a clan to platoon with.

Doesn't help much the last days, honestly. My platton/clan buddies even go offline after meeting 5 total idiot teams in a row, seems i'am the one with the best nerves, until now..

XCalibre #5 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9357 battles
I once had a match where the first things that happened were that the enemy team lost a tank because it drove into the water and another through teamkill, then the teamkiller got executed. I was glad that I wasn't on that team at first...

But then my team managed to get wiped short of some hiding people and the arty for a 4 to 10 before my Matilda arrived on scene.

I am often amazed at how my team can make precisely the worst possible decisions in any situation at any given time and have come to accept that every time I win, the enemy team just managed to be dumber in some way - ah, but such is the internet, isn't it?

I don't pride myself to be a stellar player and find that I could lose less if I improved myself, but I can tell a base-camping derp-clad KV-1 who subsequently cannot even protect the arty from the enemy scout or the insistence of 5 people rushing out of cover in a stand-off with multiple enemy guns primed at them to go after one enemy light with lowest tier in the game which only has 5% HP left, aren't very sensible modus operandi.

Private_Miros #6 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87
Preliminary note. Losing, not loosing. Certainly not in combination with sick. I don't care what you can't hold in.

To the point:

View Postaboch, on 09 January 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

- (losing with) 6, 7, 8 or even 9 kills
- being nearly in every battle today the best in my team (but losing desperatly with 3:15, 2:15, 4:15, you know what i mean)

Honestly I don't care in those cases. Being the best and making kills is what I derive fun from. I don't care for a win or loss then.

When I play badly, then I get annoyed, and then I start noticing those things you mentioned. Then I start getting mad at teams and other's errors.

Why? Because I'm mad at my own errors and I seek an outlet. And I'm such a cute guy I can't stay mad at myself for long, so I get mad at others.

I take a break and come back. And if all goes well I am back to playing well, and then nothing bothers me anymore. And when I am being good, I prefer to have some noob on my team. That's when you get the epic damage and kill games.

aboch #7 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 09 January 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Preliminary note. Losing, not loosing. Certainly not in combination with sick. I don't care what you can't hold in.

To the point:

Honestly I don't care in those cases. Being the best and making kills is what I derive fun from. I don't care for a win or loss then.

When I play badly, then I get annoyed, and then I start noticing those things you mentioned. Then I start getting mad at teams and other's errors.

Why? Because I'm mad at my own errors and I seek an outlet. And I'm such a cute guy I can't stay mad at myself for long, so I get mad at others.

I take a break and come back. And if all goes well I am back to playing well, and then nothing bothers me anymore. And when I am being good, I prefer to have some noob on my team. That's when you get the epic damage and kill games.

Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, i have NO problems with some noobs in my teams, what annoys me the last days/weeks that they are way to much, means more than the average/good players. And i don't believe you that you have fun loosing with 8 or 9 kills with a 8:15 results. And no, i have no problem loosing in good games. I admire often the enemy team when they did a good move/tactice or just played well, only fair. No problem with loosing, but i had loosing due "mass-stupidy"!!!

Edited by aboch, 09 January 2013 - 05:20 AM.

PanzerGrenadier #8 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14998 battles
I know how you feel mate. Sometimes while playing WoT i think those good old closed beta times, eaven tho game had bugs and far less content there werent really any lemmings or other random heros around then. Guess thats one of the downsides of free to play games. So yea you arent alone with this. As for suggestions.. i cant really think anything that would help with this issue other than quitting WoT alltogether or trying to find couple guys who have as good nerves as you so you can get atleast some fun out of it, coz after all if you cant have fun in a game whats the point to eaven play it then? If you are going to continue playing WoT and want some players to platoon with that wont ragequit after several shitty matches, hit me up either on ingame or forums with pm and i`ll come and share your pain.  :Smile_Default:

klesk #9 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28883 battles
I'm having tons of fun.

Try to win... but if you fail to win becouse you got stucked in a team full of mentaly chalenged people dont get frustrated by that... sometimes you get the bad players sometimes the enemy team gets the bad players... in large number of battles things kinda even out.

Enter brawling tight with n00b that has tank 2 tiers higer then yours, kick his ass, have fun, repeat  :Smile_Default:

Belnick666 #10 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11609 battles
  • [-SWE-] -SWE-
well sometimes you can clear it up with a platoon, got several battles where we the platoon kill everyone, not a single kill to the other team members, but when we kill 3 each we often win, few times we been dmg and their scout have capped and such.

the problem is you can platoon all the time, friends work etc...

WG will not touch this, hopefully the millions of n00bs will go away soon and not come back again untill it is x3 or x5 again

and Aboch, it is not required to have gone to school to have internet, so many people lack normal logical thinking

Ferodaktyl #11 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14026 battles
  • [KRN] KRN

There are days you get sick while playing WOT, honestly. I can deal with having some idiots in the team, no problem at all. But hell, where come so many clueless players from at once?
The last 2 weeks have been really testing my nerves and maybe today i got just too much WOT and chronic loosers in my teams.

.....................................................................................................

Too lazy to write more, mostly it's anway useless. And no, i don't care if this post/topic gets  a lot of negative votes now, just had to write it that this principially great game can suck totally from time to time!

Too lazy to read 1/10  :Smile_trollface-3: .
I'd guess it all comes down to  "everybody but me is noob in my team, team that i carry on my large shoulders, wot change everything so i can win each time with my uberskills."

Correct me if i am wrong  :Smile_blinky:

aboch #12 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostBelnick666, on 09 January 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

well sometimes you can clear it up with a platoon, got several battles where we the platoon kill everyone, not a single kill to the other team members, but when we kill 3 each we often win, few times we been dmg and their scout have capped and such.

the problem is you can platoon all the time, friends work etc...

WG will not touch this, hopefully the millions of n00bs will go away soon and not come back again untill it is x3 or x5 again

and Aboch, it is not required to have gone to school to have internet, so many people lack normal logical thinking

Makes me suggest another thing:

Make platoons up to 4 or 5 people, so at least some team play is garanteed!!!!

Private_Miros #13 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postaboch, on 09 January 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Maybe you didn't read my post carefully, i have NO problems with some noobs in my teams, what annoys me the last days/weeks that they are way to much, means more than the average/good players. And i don't believe you that you have fun loosing with 8 or 9 kills with a 8:15 results. And no, i have no problem loosing in good games. I admire often the enemy team when they did a good move/tactice or just played well, only fair. No problem with loosing, but i had loosing due "mass-stupidy"!!!

Losing. Not loosing. Again. Totally different word. Totally different meanings.

It was worse during the holidays. Now it's back to normal.

I fear you've got two options:

1. Go mad.
2. Accept and adapt.

That's what I basically meant with my post. I admire your proposal of choices of categories. Much better than imposed MM by "skill" or any tangible parameter. But I don't believe that is really feasible. Technically (more work for MM to calculate and put together teams) as well as the human side of things: the problem to start with is that bad players are usually bad because they believe they are actually good. So a voluntary system might have some unexpected consequences.

On platoons of 4/5. That is actually in the work. But that requires an MM that puts platoons only against each other (something I belive the new MM is testing out a bit already) because else you just create stupid unbalance.

By the way, same problem. Bad players often believe they are good. In fact, what differentiates a good player from a noob is that the former knows how and when he sucks. So imagine the impact of 5 bad players platooned on a team.

Even now, 3 good platooned top tiers are a good chance of a win.

3 bad platooned top tiers are a certain loss.

aboch #14 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles

View PostFerodaktyl, on 09 January 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

Too lazy to read 1/10  :Smile_trollface-3: .
I'd guess it all comes down to  "everybody but me is noob in my team, team that i carry on my large shoulders, wot change everything so i can win each time with my uberskills."

Correct me if i am wrong  :Smile_blinky:

you are wrong, seems you indeed didn't read what i wrote, so why bother answering???

Dani86 #15 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15425 battles
I feel ya, i sufferd greatly during christmas with the noobs. But i thought, its just holiday. It will be OK when things go back to normal. 2 days ago i quit and unintalled WoT.

Im tired of the nubs, im a very competitive player that dont like to loose when i did awesome. Sure a close fight is a close fight and a loss then is fine.
But loosing 50% of the tanks on the team before the first minute has passed etc, it gets old.

Another thing really bothering me is the random factor of the game, you know the circle of aiming randomness. I know such random features as the aiming circle and the random hits inside it is to prevent aimbotting.
But it really prevents aiming skills to shine too. My last game, the one that filled my cup and made me quit. I had 23 shots done, 10 of them was 0 damage hits, 2 bounces and 11 randomly flying way off target (Hitting outer rim of circle)

The game ended in a loss with me in a Lowe premium acctually LOOSING money in a battle, thats a first for me. And last. And some trolls might be keen to reply "learn2aim noob" Sorry but im no nub, i have studied ALL weakpoints on all tanks, my hitratio is way above the avrage even tho i spam shells into location the enemy "might" be in. I have a degree in chemisty which involved psyics for 5 years so im very into angels etc.

In general, im sick of RNG (Random number generator). What i want from a game, is a game where my induvidual skill can shine abit more. Sure i can get 5 kills,6 kills whatever. But often when i have tons of kills ive been ganking nubs who didnt have a clue.
If i meet a skilled players, getting high amounts of damage is alot harder. I dont find ganking nubs/bots whatever they are very fun. I like to play with people who care and play as serious as i do. Not watch tv while tanking etc.

Is it so much to ask for leagues?

And yea, i could go german (more accurate guns) to reduce the rng factor on my aiming abit. But the playing slow tanks that burn from the front after 1 shot aint my cup of tea

Well i got bored of writing and ill stop here :D

wims80 #16 Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles
Loose = not tight
lose = not win

Paskal0kki001 #17 Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22312 battles
  • [-RMP-] -RMP-

Honestly, i'am sick of:
- loosing with 6, 7, 8 or even 9 kills
- being nearly in every battle today the best in my team but loosing desperatly with 3:15, 2:15, 4:15, you know what i mean
- seing the first minue that tanks drive back !!! to stay together at A0, K0 in platoons and doing just ..... nothing.
- seing that total low noobs with 2k - 3k fights and a IS-4, IS7 or similar and a WR of <35% are in my team and top tier tanks.
- seing these days scouts hidding even behind arty the WHOLE game.
- seing mediums staying the whole game at arty and TD positions,  you even don't know where to go with a TD/Arty because lights and mediums have occupied them allready.
- having a team that leads 12:4 for example and nobody drives back to safe the own cap while there is a light in it, just nobody cares these days it seems.
- having teams that start somehow in a lemming train, you hope they rush through fully while you cover the open flank and at once you see 1 minute later it's 0:7 allready but wonder why because in front of you their is their main force and common mathematics tell you that when on your side are 8 tanks, 3 artys are behind than there are only 4 tanks left again on the rushed side. But hey, we had only 11 tanks there, so just normally these days, lol.
- having a hummel in my team that even with the grille has a 5% hitrate only.
- having arty in my team that drives straight to the enemy like a scout
- and most terrible, heavies camping at base, nothing worse in my opinion
- and so on and so on, just wanted to name some things.

It makes me sick these days, honestly. I'am raged about soooo much stupidity all the time the last days. If i hadn't allready 2 warnings for shaming/naming i would make a full series of pics/screenshoots and replys here and right now beginning with an object TD that did the whole game nothing and when the enemy come finally to him he just drove into water and suicide his own.......

Now, i understand it's all about fun, sure, but how you can have fun with another 10 idiots in a team. Remembers me about another case. Came into a team and saw one of the best players of WOT (Ostwind.....) in my team, thinking, great, will be an easy one. Lost 3:15 after 3 minutes (him 1 kill, me 1 kill, arty 1 kill). Just another total Idiot team you have ZERO chance to win, and with ZERO i mean ZERO.

Ok, so where is the fun for me being in teams with some total brainless players? Where is my fun when i see that the top 3 tier heavy tanks in my team are in a platoon and each of them drives his IS-3, IS-4 or IS-7 with a 25% - 35% winrate. It's obviously lost befor it beginns.

Something is wrong that could and should be improved. I'am loosing slowly but surely fun at this game. I'am a tank collector just for fun, about 120 tanks in my garage, each fully equipped with camo paint on and so on and so on. I love this game, but hey, i even don't feel ready to play a tier 10 tank after my 11k battles and i wouldn't buy one just to be a burden to my team right now.

So, finally after my rage is gone away a bit, some suggestions to WOT:

- maybe all elements, moduls and research 3 times the current experience needed, that way players are forced to play longer on a given tank/tier and get mostly more familar with game mechanics and gameplay (hope so)

This would just lead to more and more afk/botting like there isn´t enough of it.

- give the good and acting players from both teams (winning as loosing one) more XP and credits so stimulate players doing more.

Yes please but then 99% of player base would be why he got this and this. And there really is a system that gives you more xp and credits and it´s working too you just got to do a shitload of damage.

- allow more reports to be done than the current 5 for AFK/BOT players. There are currently in every 2nd game some AFKs/BOTs but when you play 50 games per day you have fast finished these complaints!!! So at least for BOTs allow more, maybe 10 or 20.

Why bother the 5 you use daily will do nothing sending 15 more would just end up doing MORE nothing. And while this is a F2P game and WG is greedy as an ex-Communist turned capitalist they won´t bite the hand that feeds them

- Make climbing the tech tree harder, for example the player must have at least Tanker Level 1 to pass to next tank, even level 2 would sort a lot of players that can't even drive straight with there tank.

Again 95% would fail at this making low level games more unbearable and it would only lead to more and more botting/afking.

- make different levels to choose from. Similar to the current "Standard and encouter feature". I'am well aware that this game should be fun for EVERYBODY, so let's be fun for everybody. It can't be fun for total noobs to make 1 kill in 20 games either, not?

As much as i´d love to have only good players in both teams or even a even distribution of the "siemabobs" this will sadly never happen there are about 20k threads about the mm and it´s failures Wg cares not.

- make a feature that forbidds/cancels "fun platoons" in the meaning of let's say 2x Tier 8 tanks + 1x tier 2 tank. I had currently a battle where 4 tanks have been 4 or 5 tiers below the normal tier because of such fun platoons, which means that you begin with 4 tanks less as they are useless and just feed for the enemy.

WG should just send a couple of FSB/KGB hitmans to their door and have them "talk" some sense into these morons.

- make the trainingroom more interessant for new players. Let's say for 100 games with a given tank they get the research to the next tier of that tech tree. Than for tier 2 they need 250 games or so, just an idea and not calculated it so far. But i think that one of the reasons is that the trainingroom is not of interest for new players as they have no gain there, maybe i'am wrong, just a thought how to "educate" new players better so they are not a handicap/burden in random battles later.

You can bring the horse to the water but you can´t make it drink. Like WG-reps have stated they could make masses of training material but "siemabob" is unable to learn.

Just hang though take a couple of days off. I´m in a losing streak also just popping in playing few games if i get 2 losses in a row i log out and just don´t buy gold /premium etc. when in a losing streak stick it up to the man. I "bolded" some replies to your suggestions.

Private_Miros #18 Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postwims80, on 09 January 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Loose = not tight
lose = not win

THANK YOU!!!

Expecting a warning point for all caps lock anytime now.

Homer_J #19 Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Maybe it's just me but I never see these 4:15 losses etc. I do see those kinds of wins though.

Possibly because I'm not hiding at the back being useless. And when I'm dead I don't hang around.

As for the getting a huge number of kills and losing, once I got 10 and we lost due to all tanks destroyed (it was me vs 1 enemy at the end) and once me and a platoon mate got 11 and we lost to cap. Hardly every day occurrences.

FearSoft #20 Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29380 battles
God, I thought there is something wrong with me this days, but apparently is not. So many losses...But maybe I am some kind of masochist, I keep trying...I don't know till when, but still. Hope is still alive. :Smile_sceptic:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users