Batchat 25t, suggested perks and equipment.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

DrMonstaa #1 Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11466 battles
So im soon going to buy  the batchat, and i woder what kind of perks/skills should i use on my crew, and what equipment?

So far i have on my AMX 13 90 crew:

commander: sixth sense
gunner: snapshot
driver: smoth ride

Should my second skillsbe Brothers in arms? What should follow after that? (write your suggestion bellow)

What equipment should i use? Im thinking of:

Vertical stabilizer
Enhanced gun laying drive
Improved ventilation

Suggest equipment bellow.

HeroOfJustice #2 Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 53625 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

View PostDrMonstaa, on 14 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Should my second skillsbe Brothers in arms? What should follow after that? (write your suggestion bellow)
BIA is overrated. With or without bat still need to reload over 35s. Ventilation is enough. In bat there are 3 crucial skills - sixth sense, repair and camouflage.

6th sense - do I need to explain?

repair - detracked bat is dead bat.  With repair you can fix tracks in ~3-4s so single enemy cant shoot you more than once. Not to mention that you can avoid even artillery.

camo - without armor Bat should fight on long distances, especially in first stage of battle when 5 shells is not enough to finish big prey. And there is another reason for camo - bat is best scout on tier X with of course best base camo factor value. Sometimes bat need to scout for team and good camo is helpful. Last night I was driving Bat in encounter battle(Malinovka). I was first on hill and then began circling around mill. I spotted 7-8 tanks, after 2 minutes Maus and IS-7 were dead thanks to me. And still - no one saw me

If you still want BIA then I recommend you to train your second skill to about ~40-50% and then drop skills and perks and choose BIA as first. Second skill need much more effort so you shouldnt pick something working only after it reach 100%.

About equipment - I would suggest to change vertical stabilizer to coated optics. Stabilizer isnt that needed because usually you will be unloading your drum into one target. You shouldnt play peek-a-boo with this tank.

ollonborre #3 Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16937 battles
BIA is not overrated on autoloaders, since every little second count imo.

Legault #4 Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles
EGLD on batchat is shit, use stabilizer.And not using optics on batchat is the most stupid thing I've read in the french forums.

6th sense + Camo is priority, anything else a bonus.

MyCom_Spitfire_ #5 Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10561 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
stab,toolbox and vents.
sixth sense, all perks for firing on the move and repair.

anonym_pR1Q6sLWCp5C #6 Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postcoldnexusfrontline, on 15 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

stab,toolbox and vents.
sixth sense, all perks for firing on the move and repair.

You need optics, it's so important, for spotting and even more for "undetected shooting". Good Viewrange in combination with camo and sixth sense is really nice on bat. Good example is Malinovka, where you can spot half team of enemys without beeing detected at all.

del500044138 #7 Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles
  • [N-O-D] N-O-D
Ok, so I'm a day off getting my batchat. If I want a scout batchat, what is the best setup? So far from the replies Im thinking;

Vents, Vert Stab, Optics

6th sense, camo, repairs
Snap shot, camo repairs
Smooth ride, camo, repairs

I only have 2 skills (kept the Amx 13 90) but I think camo seems a better option over repairs. Is BIA even worth it if I will struggle to max my third skill (which would be camo) or should I keep repairs?

Blasph #8 Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20744 battles
I've been using accuracy/stability related perks and vent+stab+egld for 350+ games and it worked well for me.
Until I read Legault's post about optics and changed to that out of curiosity.
After 150+ games with the new setup (egld out, optics in), I have to say the tank plays differently; more so than I expected.
I won't agree that egld is shit - I noticed its absence and still do. My hit ratio went down from 83% to 81% after I removed egld.
It is useful but after all I think optics is even more useful, I really now see targets before they see me.
I have repair at 100%, 2nd skill at 100% (6th sense, snapshot, smooth ride) and camo at 65% and I must say the setup works well for me.
Bat has a steep learning curve and only now after 500+ games I finally understood how it has to be played.

My winratio is steadily raising from the abysmal 40-ish % but it's still work in progress and the shitty weekend teams don't help with that.
I think overall my bat is more versatile with this setup, I can spot and snipe to some extent but I often get close and personal.
Assassination missions are also possible, I'm wondering what the tank will drive like once I reach 100% camo.
Also contrary to what so many people think, I'm really glad for the 100% repair. It saved my ass many times already, after being tracked by arty.
Many other cases with locked turret or destroyed gun - quickly repaired and ready to empty the rest of my mag.
As for BIA I also think it's overrated. I can count on the fingers of one hand all the situations where that 1,5-2 seconds faster reload could make a difference.
BIA is a waste of skills, I take repair over it anytime.

Edited by Blasph, 29 January 2013 - 11:42 AM.

Temptis #9 Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32501 battles
just because you are no friend of BiA doesn't make it a waste of skills.
BiA is worthwile but if you have skills/perks that you desperatly want, you have to make the decision what to pick first.
I took BiA over Repair and no remorse so far. (+6th, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride; working on Camo as 3rd)

jakup #10 Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36605 battles
Here is my configuration :  http://home.zcu.cz/~teska/wot/bat2.jpg

FIoris #11 Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29988 battles
I have a setup similar to jakup. Vents, Optics and Vstab.

Com: BIA, 6th, Camo, Sit aware
Gun: BIA, Camo, Rep, Snap
Dri: BIA, Camo, Rep, Clutch

The only thing I was in doubt about was getting repairs on commander or more view range. Im a view range addicty and love to scout a lot in the beginning of a match. With BIA I have 71% repairs on the crew so thats okish.

One question jakup, why the N2O instead of a fire extinguisher? What does it cost and what does it do?

jakup #12 Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36605 battles
Its actually fire extinguisher, just different picture. I'm using a mod package of my friend and he changed some icons and other stuff.

F9Devill #13 Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2688 battles
Hey guys. So far I have 6th sense, smooth ride, snap shot. Next there is BiA. I am ready for the third skill and considering this way > 2x camo 1x repair. + Im using camo on vehicle giving 5 percent. What do you suggest? Im thinking of 1xcamo and 2x repairs.

PRO_MEMBER #14 Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20703 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
Go full camo, ditch repairs. For first detrack you have repair kit. Second detrack usually means you are dead. and I like it more if I am not shot at (hence camo) then when i need to repair.

Blasph #15 Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20744 battles

View Postarbenowskee, on 04 February 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

For first detrack you have repair kit. Second detrack usually means you are dead.

That's BS. I had many situations where I was detracked 2-3 times in a row by missing arty, every time my 100% repair skill on all crew members helped me survive and retreat, only to come out later and finish the enemy off.
It happens every day and I've been playing a lot on bat recently. IMHO repair kit on tracks is a waste, there are more serious damaged modules that should take precedence for bat, like gun or engine.
If I can, I'll save the rep kit for a later moment. Situations that you describe happen of course, but when they do, you can repair your tracks and move on but that doesn't mean you'll survive - bat accelerating from 0km/h on a flat terrain is as vulnerable as tracked bat, especially if everybody's attention is on you. Using rep kit only results in 3k more on your post battle bill since you get shot anyway. There are cases when you get tracked and seeing approaching enemy tanks you have to fall back immediately and that's when rep kit is very useful vs repair skill, but it happens mostly in peek-a-boo situations which have to be avoided anyway when playing bat.
Most of the time my rep kit is used to fix gun/engine/turret, then tracks because of the typical nature of track damage - lucky arty near shot that doesn't take much HP but its blast destroys tracks, corner shots from enemy tanks or occasional dogfight.

If stealth bat is played right, you don't need either because nobody can see you until it's too late. If you get tracked in the open where you risk another shot coming soon then you're not playing it right and rep kit or not, you're screwed.

Edited by Blasph, 05 February 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Temptis #16 Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32501 battles

View PostBlasph, on 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

That's BS.
(..)
If stealth bat is played right, you don't need either because nobody can see you until it's too late. If you get tracked in the open where you risk another shot coming soon then you're not playing it right and rep kit or not, you're screwed.

you are contradicting yourself right there.
either you play stealthy (prio Camo skill over Repair) and avoid the need to repair at all / use the kit for emergencies
or you play aggressively, risking criticals over and over (or just have bad luck with arty / draw attention to long) and need to repair much
which is it now?

Yes, there are times i wish i had a full set of repair skills, but these do no come often enough to warrant me actually taking it right now, so 4th skill will still not be repair for me.

PjoteRbg #17 Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
Guys I want advice...I am still at amx 13 90 and I have those skills
Commander - BIA, 6 sense and 3rd mentor
Gunner - BIA, snap shot, camo
Driver - BIA , smooth ride, off road driving

I want to suggest which skills to choose, I will not change the 2nd line and BIA, but the 3rd skills maybe should be changed ?

Blasph #18 Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20744 battles

View PostTemptis, on 05 February 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

either you play stealthy (prio Camo skill over Repair) and avoid the need to repair at all / use the kit for emergencies
or you play aggressively and need to repair much
which is it now?

Both. My setup allows me to play aggressively when the map allows it or stealth on maps like malinovka, siegfried, murovanka and a few others, without the need to change setup/equipment.
Maps differ significantly and so you can't specialize in only stealth or only brawl or whatever else you like. You need flexibility. Rep kit +rep skill +camo skill and 6th sense allow you to do that.
Right now I have 6th sense/smooth ride/snap shot as 1st skill, repair as the second and 73% camo as the third and it's working out for me.
BIA in my opinion is a waste of skills unless you face other bats in 1vs1 dogfights on a daily basis. If I ever get to max out my 4th skill I might consider picking that up but not before.

Also the contradiction you mentioned wasn't really a contradiction. If you indeed specialize in only stealth but for some reason go out and get spotted, then you really don't need repair skill or rep kit because they won't make a difference. But if you play stealth right and only show up when it's too late for enemy arty to react then you played it right and truly you don't need mentioned repair assets. However I have yet to see a batchat that does that successfully. Mostly they get spotted somewhere along the way and when that happens - without some means of quickly repairing multiple damaged modules, you're dead.

Hence my opinion is that you can't forego either camo or repairs because they are both crucial skills for a multipurpose, flexible bat.

Edited by Blasph, 09 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users