WOT v's War Thunder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

Fedajkin1989 #101 Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20892 battles
purely gameplay-wise there is just no comparison to WoWp, WoWp feels like something out of the last decade made by people who never saw a plane before, as for the rest it remains to be seen, oh and it looks 10x better than ancient WoWp graphics while runnning A LOT smoother. As far as pay to win, the hangar slots feel like a non issue to me, if you want them they are very cheap, they are only useful in arcade, and even then I often find not using all 5 planes so having 2 more would be useless in most games, crew skills are also not a huge deal, investing 100-200 gold per crew at start gives a nice noticeable advantage (its essentially equivalent to spending 1000 gold in WoT on a 100% fresh crew instead of starting with 75%), but once you have grinded through a tree all your crews should have the important skills nearly maxed out anyway,

iplayforfun2 #102 Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24927 battles

View PostRoebuck34, on 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

my god after 2 Days of playing when there will be tanks there wont be a buck in wot!  :Smile_trollface-3:

I have stopped putting money into WOT. I will wait for the tanks to

Crusaderx #103 Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10171 battles

View PostFawlty_Turrets, on 18 January 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

It's pay to do it a bit faster. A bit like WoT premium account. And you can have all the paid up faster crew you like, if you can't fly -you'll get smashed. In this game, certain tanks and types of tank can compensate to some degree for lack of skill
I've seen peeps who paid their way to jets-and can't fly em. I've seen a tier 4 plane nail a jet. In WoT ,Tier 4's can't nail a tier X heavy tank.
Believe what you will. After the recent treatment I have gotten from WG community team-I'm off.
This game is starting to go down a very dark path and if you think for one second WG won't try to squeeze more money out of you-you are a foolish man.
Take the tank freezing in CW as an example. This was done to make you grind MORE tanks. Camo giving you a 5% bonus, made to entice competitive players to spend gold. Income nerfs on all tanks, made to make you spend on premium accounts, converting gold to cash. Notice the introduction of cash bundles in the giftshop?
Also the simple fact is this: In the other game, I don't mind losing. It doesn't effect me at all. My personal performance is enough I don't lose out. In WoT I can get TWICE the xp of the rest of my team, do most damage, spot most and I get penalised for having an awful team. I get PENALISED for the ability of OTHERS. In that other game, I DON'T.
That alone makes it 1000 times more relaxing.
Anyone with a rational thought in their mind can't defend WG one jot.

Could not agree more +1

Woras #104 Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21471 battles

View PostRoebuck34, on 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

my god after 2 Days of playing when there will be tanks there wont be a buck in wot!  :Smile_trollface-3:

I dont think WT tank gameplay would be as serious as here - when I saw tank trees - I laughed my ass off  :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh come on! Negrep? Did you see those tanks? Its all same tanks just they randomize in armament - millions of shermans, T-34 and so on.
At least here we have some diversity - damn I hate those unclear mind forum members.

Edited by Woras, 01 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Spiediens #105 Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5903 battles
I will wait until they finally include tanks, before I can judge anything.

iplayforfun2 #106 Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24927 battles

View PostWoras, on 01 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

I dont think WT tank gameplay would be as serious as here - when I saw tank trees - I laughed my ass off  :Smile_veryhappy:

Oh come on! Negrep? Did you see those tanks? Its all same tanks just they randomize in armament - millions of shermans, T-34 and so on.
At least here we have some diversity - damn I hate those unclear mind forum members.

What makes you think WT will not make some nice fake tanks like WG has? I am sure they could. I also like how WT has wheeled vehicles.

Woras #107 Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21471 battles

View Postseaeagle, on 01 February 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

What makes you think WT will not make some nice fake tanks like WG has? I am sure they could. I also like how WT has wheeled vehicles.

Look at the planes - they all fought in wars.

Still very soon to theorize what will WT would give us. But Im eager to find out.

Eaglax #108 Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19717 battles

View PostWoras, on 01 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

lol, you want to play with tanks they never exist? like all the German E-tanks and VK tanks, and the JagdPz e-100 where even no blueprints exists of, or all those sovj. obj's? i can't see the difference between playing with such tanks or what you say "same tanks, with randomized armanment" (WHAT IS THE BIGGEST BULLSHIT, also you can't count)
here the sovjet tree
Spoiler                     
where you see "millions of T34"? i see three: T-34 mod. 40/41/42 (it's not even sure that this tree will come, but just look at the turrets of these T-34, "randomized armament"...yea of course.....), and where is the problem with that????
same go's for the american tree, "millions of shermans"?? there are 6 sherman (based) tanks, in WOt there are 3, so 3 more, not a "MILLION"

View PostWoras, on 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Look at the planes - they all fought in wars.
? and whats wrong with that? you want not existing planes, play WOWP

View PostWoras, on 01 February 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Still very soon to theorize what will WT would give us. But Im eager to find out.
yes, first thing thats true :)

€ WT will maybe have the same tanks as WOT, but no fantasy tanks, I can't see a problem with that..... WT will also probably have some more tank-classes that will never be in WOT like AA-Tanks, or kind like arty's (Strumtiger, brummbär, katyusha rocket launcher)
€€ oh and if it will really be like those tank-trees, the Tiger will (finally) kick asses, because he is rank 12 (tier 12), and look on the sovjet tree, the T-34-85 is rank 15  :Smile_trollface-3:

Edited by Treecancer, 01 February 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Woras #109 Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21471 battles
Objects dont exist? Well then what stands in Kubinka tank museum? These were projects than never entered mass production.
E series only existed in blueprints with E-100 having his suspension made.

WG made some tanks speculating what might have germans made if they could. Fantasy tanks.
I must have seen other tech tree - saw at least 5 T-34 variants.

AA guns - well if they fight in where planes fight, it will die faster than E-100 shot to hell by arty.

Arty guns wont have such significant importance like in WoT - or at least i think so.

OldIronsides #110 Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles
The rage of the WT-fanboys is strong in here.

Fedajkin1989 #111 Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20892 battles
funny thing is the screens you are arguing about are almost certainly fake

View PostOldIronsides, on 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

The rage of the WT-fanboys is strong in here.

any fanboyism right now is pointless, Warthunder and its developers are still an unknown quantity, what I do know is that gameplay, graphics, and choice of planes if way better in warthunder than in WoWp, and that I am truly sick of the way WG is handling things, especially with the recent contest rigging and idiotic CW changes (which they couldn't even implement without having to bring the whole thing down just weeks after the christmass break in order to fix the stuff their update f**** up since testing things prior to releasing them is clearly not something they want to concern themselves with). Everything else is just guessing right now, especially trying to compare the tank part of warthunder to world of tanks based on what is most likely fake tech trees

One more thing, even, and in fact especially if you are die hard WoT fan and want to stick with it no matter what you should also hope that Warthunder turns out way better than WoT and offers good competition since that would actually force WG to start giving a damn about their player base and improve things.

OldIronsides #112 Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles

View PostFedajkin1989, on 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

any fanboyism right now is pointless, Warthunder and its developers are still an unknown quantity [...]

Exactly. That's why all thus irrational enthusiasm about how Gaijin is going to make everything better than Wargaming is inappropiate.

[...] what I do know is that gameplay, graphics, and choice of planes if way better in warthunder than in WoWp [...]

Agreed

[...]especially with the recent contest rigging [...]

Sorry, but it is really idiotic and unfair to blame Wargaming of blatant misconduct of one (!) (as long as I haven't missed the next scandal about how most or all of the contests were rigged) of their employees.

Everything else is just guessing right now, especially trying to compare the tank part of warthunder to world of tanks based on what is most likely fake tech trees [...]

AFAIK (!) those are official tech-trees, but maybe I'm mistaken. Apart from that: wholeheartedly agreed.

Fedajkin1989 #113 Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20892 battles

View PostOldIronsides, on 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Sorry, but it is really idiotic and unfair to blame Wargaming of blatant misconduct of one (!) (as long as I haven't missed the next scandal about how most or all of the contests were rigged) of their employees.

That may be so but the situation and the way the community team tried to sweep it under a rug left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Either way we should all hope warthunder ends up good regardless of which game you prefer, a monopoly is never good for a customer, and if WoT finally has strong competition it would mean either WG starts to do things to keep its costumers or you can switch so win win for us. Worst case would be for warthunder to end up as a flop with even worse developers than WG, since that would make WG even more arrogant towards its customers

View PostOldIronsides, on 01 February 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

AFAIK (!) those are official tech-trees, but maybe I'm mistaken. Apart from that: wholeheartedly agreed.

the screens come from a player called "vanshot" who allegedly is/was part of a closed test, but are in no way official, and quiet possibly fake

Lukermelesh #114 Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25694 battles

View PostTreecancer, on 01 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

same go's for the american tree, "millions of shermans"?? there are 6 sherman (based) tanks, in WOt there are 3, so 3 more, not a "MILLION"

Actually we have 4 sherman based tanks right now (M4, Jumbo, Easy-8, M4 premium) and will probably have 5 if they add the Firefly in. Plus we have like 4 T series american heavy tanks (you know, the T29, T30, T32, T34), 3 T110. So yeah, WT having 3 T-34 modifications or 6 Sherman mods is no big deal really.

iplayforfun2 #115 Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24927 battles
Call me a WT fanboy if you like. If I end up disappointed with WT so be it.  I for one am tired of how WG are treating the player base. Perhaps WT will be worse. Perhaps they will be better than WG. I for one am eager to find out. Eager enough, that I am done spending money on WoT for the time being.

0ligon #116 Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19068 battles
  • [_GBD_] _GBD_
WT had its first big event this weekend with discounts and more xp. See for yourself if you want the details.
Just had a blast this weekend. I only played WoWP for 10 min at GamesCom so it's hard to compair.
I still look at the WoT events but in the last weeks it's really meh nothing special. I did love the XMas event though.

I do hope the roumors about the Type 59 for chinese new year is true. It would be a reason to invest some more time.
But between War Thunder, Planetside 2, some Guild Wars 2 and World of Tanks. WoT is sadly last at the moment,
I just do not have all the time and WG does not seem to push the envelope, or does not see the competion is not sleeping...

Best regards

"too many free to play games" Oli

Dronier #117 Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9909 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY
WT vs WoT / Gaijin vs Wargaming

Well first of all they are both Eastern companies (Russian) Im not sure were in paticualr so I have genralised that bit Sorry not ment to upset anyone.

Who says there different companies Kubrik has all our money and maybe making another game in guise of Gaijin MWHAHAHAAAA .. I would so pee my self laughing if it turned out to be true..

Who says both companies dont merge becouse WoT is fully (in its own way) functioning tank game.. so put together a far superior Warthunder for planes together with hmm well WoT throw in a few ships and boats and BAM ..

Gaijin Wargaming inc have now been created ..

*wakes up from his nightmare and screamsssss* GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....  :arta:

_bt_ #118 Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3734 battles
I didn't played it, but I am going to(I hope). I just looked to the site of WT yesterday. As I understand, they will have 3 units in one platform(Ships, planes and tanks) and this is awesome! This game (WoT) tried to do this but couldnt develop itself faster.(Or they didnt want to for some "business reasons"). But all can I say is, WoT isnt the best now and so, things get nasty.

_bt_ #119 Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3734 battles

View PostDronier, on 06 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

WT vs WoT / Gaijin vs Wargaming

Well first of all they are both Eastern companies (Russian) Im not sure were in paticualr so I have genralised that bit Sorry not ment to upset anyone.

Who says there different companies Kubrik has all our money and maybe making another game in guise of Gaijin MWHAHAHAAAA .. I would so pee my self laughing if it turned out to be true..

Who says both companies dont merge becouse WoT is fully (in its own way) functioning tank game.. so put together a far superior Warthunder for planes together with hmm well WoT throw in a few ships and boats and BAM ..

Gaijin Wargaming inc have now been created ..

*wakes up from his nightmare and screamsssss* GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ....  :arta:

Some corrections:

"© 2009—2013 by Gaijin Entertainment Corporation, VA, USA. Gaijin and War Thunder are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Gaijin Entertainment Corporation, all other logos are trademarks of their respective owners."

They are Russian but their main base is at USA and it goes on

"Gaijin Entertainment is a fast growing game development company established in 2002.
Gaijin team specializes in creation of games for various platforms (PlayStation3/Xbox 360/iOS/PC) but it also gives much attention to technology-related research work which provides attraction and applicability to the company's solutions in changeable IT market conditions. At the moment Gaijin team is represented by six departments and over sixty highly qualified employees.....
........Today's Gaijin Entertainment is the biggest independent PS3, Xbox 360 and iOS games developer in Russia and an official partner of Activision, 505 Games, Microsoft, TopWare Interactive, SouthPeak Interactive, Sony Computer Entertainment, 1C Company, Apple and many others."

So dont worry, that wont happen.

Dronier #120 Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9909 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY
GaijinGaijin

View Post_bt_, on 06 February 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Some corrections:

"© 2009—2013 by Gaijin Entertainment Corporation, VA, USA. Gaijin and War Thunder are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Gaijin Entertainment Corporation, all other logos are trademarks of their respective owners."

They are Russian but their main base is at USA and it goes on

"Gaijin Entertainment is a fast growing game development company established in 2002.
Gaijin team specializes in creation of games for various platforms (PlayStation3/Xbox 360/iOS/PC) but it also gives much attention to technology-related research work which provides attraction and applicability to the company's solutions in changeable IT market conditions. At the moment Gaijin team is represented by six departments and over sixty highly qualified employees.....
........Today's Gaijin Entertainment is the biggest independent PS3, Xbox 360 and iOS games developer in Russia and an official partner of Activision, 505 Games, Microsoft, TopWare Interactive, SouthPeak Interactive, Sony Computer Entertainment, 1C Company, Apple and many others."

So dont worry, that wont happen.

*PHEW*

Thanks I can stop screaming now then ..  :Smile_great:  :Smile_trollface-3:

Nice to see they seem to be running in the right direction and makes me wonder if Wargaming are cacking them selves sooo with my last post above, maybe it could be Gaijin buying out wargaming..

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Wargamings office:

"Sir.. SIR !! " rough hand shakes CEO of Wargaming to wake him
"sorry to awaken you but... well.. erhmmm.. Welll all our customers have gone to play another game"
"What .. ? what do you mean .. our game is the best..we have NO competion now go tell our staff this and kill anyone who deffys you"
"but sir we do they are called Gaijin"
"GANJA ?!"
"No sir Gaijin"
"oh right do you have a screen shot of this"
"Erhmm Sorry sir a a screen shot?"
"Yes a screen shot.. if you have NO screen shot then it dosnt exist"

The CEO lays back in his bed with a wave of his hand
"Oh by the way the next comeption"
"Yes sir?"

"Can you ensure my son wins again"

:Smile_trollface-3:

oh snap sorry couldnt resist

Edited by Dronier, 07 February 2013 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users