WOT v's War Thunder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

Bzyczek77 #141 Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles
Man i had such a good streak last night ... kept killing at at least 5 planes per game no matter if we lost or won ... If i loose or win i get the same amount of experience ... Isn't that just lovely?!

I know that WoT is plagued by bad players, lemmings etc ... but if I was rewarded for playing my hardest to shoot one or two more tanks before I die ... i would gladly fight hard ...

Doing any damage to a tank I have difficulties seeing that rewarded ... if you the low tier tank I really don't see a high reward for being in a higher tier battle ... I think if the rewards were better a lot of kids would  try harder to get some damage and not die ...

When i just started this game and the MM had a spread of +/- 3 ... and i was the low tier ... i just ran out and got killed ... I know I should not have done so ... but back than i was such a noob those battles were a waste of my time ... and yes i play to waste my time ... but I want to have FUN wasting it ...

Last night i played once ... as a arty ... on the hill map ... the map is definitely too small for arty .... there is no doubt .... i got spotted easy and died ... A lot of the maps .... just should not include artys ... yet ... nothing changed since i started playing it ....

No more ... thank you War Thunder ...

P.S. I have learned that you do get bonus when you win ... which to be honest I have not really noticed ...

Edited by Bzyczek77, 14 March 2013 - 05:52 PM.

The_Road_Warrior #142 Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4064 battles
Every 'Free' online game is there to make money. Why develop it in the first place?

Only things that gets me here is the kid population (fu siemkas), imbalance and premium ammo.

None of which exist in WT. No more rage only sweet, sweet online gaming as it's meant to be.

AhoyDeerrr #143 Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7271 battles

View PostThe_Road_Warrior, on 19 March 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Every 'Free' online game is there to make money. Why develop it in the first place?

Only things that gets me here is the kid population (fu siemkas), imbalance and premium ammo.

None of which exist in WT. No more rage only sweet, sweet online gaming as it's meant to be.

Kids are universal in video games, imbalance in WT is very existent, I think generally WoT is pretty balanced if you play tanks how they are supposed to be played and premium ammo, they are working towards that on WT right now.

Also, when you get a little into War Thunder you will hit a wall where progressing without paying is near impossible which is not such a bad thing (although that should really happen in the really high tiers not less than half way up) because they kinda need the money to run the servers and pay employees, I am not sure you know how the world works or if you have a basic understanding of business.

Anyway, take a look at the War Thunder forums go the 1.29 discussion thread and read through the 50+ pages of rage about the new broken in game economy and how it is forces players to play real money to progress.

Since the new patch 1.29 the game play is pretty derped as well, they made the "arcade" mode more realistic, 1 hit kills all over the place, I have no idea how any sane person would think it is a good idea to make an ARCADE mode more realistic. It was a great game, its still bearable now but I am waiting for a patch to fix all the stuff they broke in 1.29.

View PostBzyczek77, on 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

When i just started this game and the MM had a spread of +/- 3 ... and i was the low tier ... i just ran out and got killed ... I know I should not have done so ... but back than i was such a noob those battles were a waste of my time ... and yes i play to waste my time ... but I want to have FUN wasting it ...

You problem here is that you are not playing how you should, my highest XP match of my 5k matches was on a cromwell in a tier 8 match, where I got 2.4k xp and over 3k damage, I did pretty much the same again today in the same match setup, perfectly possible if you play the situation and tank how it is supposed to be played. I let it be known I do not consider myself a great player, I would say I am average.

You would only get 3 tier MM if you are a light tank so you should be scouting anyway not dealing damage and trying your best not to get killed instantly.

This complaint and pretty much everything in your post smacks of noob.

Edited by AhoyDeerrr, 21 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

CaptainMastiff #144 Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26609 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC

View PostAhoyDeerrr, on 20 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Kids are universal in video games, imbalance in WT is very existent, I think generally WoT is pretty balanced if you play tanks how they are supposed to be played and premium ammo, they are working towards that on WT right now.

Also, when you get a little into War Thunder you will hit a wall where progressing without paying is near impossible which is not such a bad thing (although that should really happen in the really high tiers not less than half way up) because they kinda need the money to run the servers and pay employees, I am not sure you know how the world works or if you have a basic understanding of business.

Anyway, take a look at the War Thunder forums go the 1.29 discussion thread and read through the 50+ pages of rage about the new broken in game economy and how it is forces players to play real money to progress.

Since the new patch 1.29 the game play is pretty derped as well, they made the "arcade" mode more realistic, 1 hit kills all over the place, I have no idea how any sane person would think it is a good idea to make an ARCADE mode more realistic. It was a great game, its still bearable now but I am waiting for a patch to fix all the stuff they broke in 1.29.

World of Tanks isn't very balanced, there are tanks that people have grinded for that have literally become obsolete due to recent expansions, take the Maus for example... it is completely ruined since gold ammo change AND Tier X mediums and Tank Destroyers absolutely shred the thing with their insane high penetration, this was evident from when the T110E5 joined us with his super high penetration... to the extent that the "OP-7" is now looking to get some form of buff to bring it on level with the other tanks... thats how far this game has come out of balance.

You hit a higher wall in world of tanks, In world of tanks you have to grind the single tank over and over, in WT you can play multiple planes in arcade battles and whilst you can individual grind XP on certain planes you actually progress over all which is totally different to WoT. Example, you grind a PzIV in WoT and you can unlock the VK3601, in WT if you were grinding the PzIV you would unlock the GW Panther, VK3601, VK3001H, VK3001P and JgPanzerIV. The wall you are referring to that makes it near impossible to progress without money I'm not sure what you're referring to? Are you saying it becomes expensive for planes? Repairs... oh wait lets just look at tanks, at Tier 7 an average player will struggle to make money at Tier 8 he's likely losing most of his credits. A good non premium player can probably break even at Tier 8... what does it do? Encourage you to put money into the game.

The game is still in beta, they're testing new things and the economy change has certainly shaken up a few people but at the same time they're updating the game bi-daily fixing and tweaking issues and responding with hotfixes when something awful happens. WoT you are lucky if a bug gets fixed 6 months after it being noted, you're lucky if they even admit it to being a bug. I can say the same about WoT than WT but the difference is with the one hits people are actually aiming their shots, in World of Tanks you point the barrel in the direction you want it to go and the RNG takes over from there... it determines where about it lands in that circle it determines how much damage and penetration that shell carries it determines whether you do critical damage which then has another dice roll to determine if it does anything and then sometimes out of the blue an ammo rack detonation which 9/10 requires no player skill and the person firing that shell had no intention.

The biggest joy about WT is the fact that the tierage on the planes is interesting, a Tier 2 plane can remain competitive at 4/5/6 games and that is what makes it interesting, it is also MUCH easier to own a variety of planes and a basic account can acquire what? 5/6 planes (per nation) before investing any real life money into the game multiply that by the amount of nations in the game and suddenly you have around 30 slots for planes + the free gold you get for doing the training courses.

War Thunder isn't perfect but it's going in the right direction, World of Tanks on the other hand has gone stale in my eyes, each expansion brings more controversy by destroying older tanks and reinforcing the issue of power creep.

EDIT

My favourite part about War Thunder? I get rewarded for my individual effort in battle, I don't have to rely on 14 other smacktards to get my victory modifier. In War Thunder doing objects rewards you but playing well rewards you also. I don't suffer because Siema and co don't know their arse from their mouth. In World of Tanks I can kill 14 other players and lose and I will miss out on a Huge amount of credits/xp due to the fact you get a victory modifier.

Fundamentally that can't be changed in World of Tanks without a new game mode and at the end of the day 11k games I'm just tired of being at the mercy of XoX_Snipah_XoX to turn his turret AND his hull at the same time to kill the enemy. With the way you progress aside this is the single biggest factor that influences me to play War Thunder over World of Tanks, I'm tired of being punished because MatchMaker put me together with morons.

Edited by CaptainMastiff, 24 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Bzyczek77 #145 Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostAhoyDeerrr, on 20 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

You problem here is that you are not playing how you should, my highest XP match of my 5k matches was on a cromwell in a tier 8 match, where I got 2.4k xp and over 3k damage, I did pretty much the same again today in the same match setup, perfectly possible if you play the situation and tank how it is supposed to be played. I let it be known I do not consider myself a great player, I would say I am average.

You would only get 3 tier MM if you are a light tank so you should be scouting anyway not dealing damage and trying your best not to get killed instantly.

This complaint and pretty much everything in your post smacks of noob.

I'm not sure you have noticed but I have played WoT for a year now ... When i started the spread was +/- 3 ... and some games it was really awful ...

My "problem" has been resolved when I started playing WT ... and thank you for the complement ... I checked your efficiency ratings and they are not that higher than mine ... So I dunno where you get the balls ...

Edited by Bzyczek77, 25 March 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Bzyczek77 #146 Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles
Also, When WT came out with new patch it stirred a lot of controversy ... Did they wait for the next patch? No ... they made change 2 days later ... This means that they actually LISTENED! ... That says a lot about the game ... It took WG a year to change the spread from +/- 3 to 2 ... Even though people were begging .... I can see people Begging right now for less artillery .... Are they Listening? Users are begging for some kind of ladder so that new players get to play new players based on some kind of rating ... Are they listening? nope ... Why should i spend time and money ... on a game that not only is it buggy no one seems to do anything about it ... They just keep adding on more tanks .... Because ... and i know it to be true ... they are greedy .... There is no other reason for it ...

Oh ... and the constant crashing on Nvidia ... Abysmal ...

Edited by Bzyczek77, 25 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

CaptainMastiff #147 Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26609 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC

View PostBzyczek77, on 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

Also, When WT came out with new patch it stirred a lot of controversy ... Did they wait for the next patch? No ... they made change 2 days later ... This means that they actually LISTENED! ... That says a lot about the game ... It took WG a year to change the spread from +/- 3 to 2 ... Even though people were begging .... I can see people Begging right now for less artillery .... Are they Listening? Users are begging for some kind of ladder so that new players get to play new players based on some kind of rating ... Are they listening? nope ... Why should i spend time and money ... on a game that not only is it buggy no one seems to do anything about it ... They just keep adding on more tanks .... Because ... and i know it to be true ... they are greedy .... There is no other reason for it ...

As much as I like War Thunder... lets not brush over the fact that Russian bias is clearly evident in that game.

The fact Yaks are able to collide and chop down trees is just laughable and the Russian reserves have twice as many machine guns as any other nation. The Yak9T has to be one of the best though, can fly through lava and keep going and has a 37mm cannon that will pretty much one shot any thing tier4 and below.

Bzyczek77 #148 Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles
Yesterday when I got to Tier 7 on all my Planes and couldn't buy them because of no money ... I started rethinking my position on WT ... I think both games are similar that you have to grind ... I'm sadden by the fact that if you have 20 tiers that has to happen as early as tier 7 ... At first I didn't notice it because the 1.27 economy didn't have me worried ... Now ... Unfortunately it has ... so it made my pause and realize I'm just getting to another game where i will have to player hundreds and hundreds of games to get anywhere ... I dunno if I want to go through a "Grind" again ...

I think I'm just going to lay down my arms right now in both games ... They are both Beta and to be honest they both are great games but too frustrating to play ... WT less but i'm so tired of grinding because of WoT I don't feel like going through it again in WT .... I wouldn't mind grinding for experience but If I have to grind for money too ... no thank you.

TheDOD #149 Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9720 battles
  • [HOV] HOV
I play War Thunder aswell, but coomparing them is hard, since WOT is quite unic Arcade game, while WT is more about realism. Even Arcade is more realistic than WOT

AhoyDeerrr #150 Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7271 battles

View PostBzyczek77, on 25 March 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

I'm not sure you have noticed but I have played WoT for a year now ... When i started the spread was +/- 3 ... and some games it was really awful ...

My "problem" has been resolved when I started playing WT ... and thank you for the complement ... I checked your efficiency ratings and they are not that higher than mine ... So I dunno where you get the balls ...

Yes it was 3 then, but there is not point talking about what it was if it has been changed...

View PostBzyczek77, on 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

You make it seem like WG have not provided counter arguments to the two problems you posted... I myself think there is too much arty in the game and there does need to be a rating system but I can accept that the counter arguments that WG have given are valid.

more tanks? well what do you think that WT will be doing? WT will be constantly adding new trees and new planes, they have already said they are going to add japan and make italy and France their own factions, you can not sit here and say somthing is better than somthing else for this reason when they are both doing the same thing, it is completely illogical.

I noticed you spoke about grinding? you call grinding playing the game, its true definition is doing something that is repetitive that you are not enjoying, so if you are not enjoying it then you should not be playing in the first place. Now the correct thing to say would be that it takes a while to obtain certain things, which is a normal in any MMO and it is worse in WT than it is in WoT because of the new economy system, which they specifically made to extend the time it takes to access level 20 planes (The devs said this).

You say greed as well, WT has given more reasons to pay with real money than WoT does, it offers more things that are only obtainable with real money than WoT does and you call WG greedy?

Let me just note once again, I play WT at least every two days, both games have problems I can see that, but you sitting here raging for things that exist in both (some are worse in WT) is just moronic and fanboyish, I stopped playing my xbox to escape things like this.

It is your choice to leave but as long as you are here raging on the forums you are but another statistic making  WG and WoT look better by giving the forum more traffic, GJ.

Edited by AhoyDeerrr, 28 March 2013 - 12:49 AM.

OmaGretel #151 Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15048 battles
Played WT for about 2 weeks. At first i was really excited too, but it became really frustrating soon.
- Russian bias way more obvious than in WoT
- Game mechanics are kind of unclear to me when it comes to damage. Sometimes you can 1-hit kill an enemy and the next minute it takes 5 minutes to shoot down the exact same plane model
- MM is crap
- WT is alot less tactical imo, which some people will probably like, i prefer WoT though
- UI could be better
- Game modes aren't as good as in WoT imo. You can be totally overrun objective-wise and still keep killing enemies to farm xp. May aswell just play deathmatch
- Can't imagine tank fights being as much fun as in WoT. Right in the middle of a nice fight, suddenly a bomb drops on your head and game's over?! Makes you rely on your team's planes very much, without having any influence at all

Bzyczek77 #152 Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostAhoyDeerrr, on 28 March 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yes it was 3 then, but there is not point talking about what it was if it has been changed...

You make it seem like WG have not provided counter arguments to the two problems you posted... I myself think there is too much arty in the game and there does need to be a rating system but I can accept that the counter arguments that WG have given are valid.

more tanks? well what do you think that WT will be doing? WT will be constantly adding new trees and new planes, they have already said they are going to add japan and make italy and France their own factions, you can not sit here and say somthing is better than somthing else for this reason when they are both doing the same thing, it is completely illogical.

I noticed you spoke about grinding? you call grinding playing the game, its true definition is doing something that is repetitive that you are not enjoying, so if you are not enjoying it then you should not be playing in the first place. Now the correct thing to say would be that it takes a while to obtain certain things, which is a normal in any MMO and it is worse in WT than it is in WoT because of the new economy system, which they specifically made to extend the time it takes to access level 20 planes (The devs said this).

You say greed as well, WT has given more reasons to pay with real money than WoT does, it offers more things that are only obtainable with real money than WoT does and you call WG greedy?

Let me just note once again, I play WT at least every two days, both games have problems I can see that, but you sitting here raging for things that exist in both (some are worse in WT) is just moronic and fanboyish, I stopped playing my xbox to escape things like this.

It is your choice to leave but as long as you are here raging on the forums you are but another statistic making  WG and WoT look better by giving the forum more traffic, GJ.

I have to agree with you on most of what you say ... So I decided to put both games away for a while because it seems I have burned out ... The reason why I come to forums because I'm hoping things might change ... You can obviously see that I like this game ... why would I be raging ... I do enjoy some of the battles but they are too few apart.

Edited by Bzyczek77, 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Krizmuz #153 Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9031 battles

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 08 March 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

The biggest problem I've found with WT is that it's pretty much impossible to make any kind of impact on a game unless you're an absolutely fantastic player.
Exact the reason why I love WT. It feels like winning or losing ist completely irrelevant (you don't even have a winratio). You get rewarded for what you do no matter which chalk eating monkeys are in your team. You just don't care about this anymore. You go out to destroy targets and have fun doing it.

Such a release.

Bzyczek77 #154 Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostWootanklan, on 29 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Exact the reason why I love WT. It feels like winning or losing ist completely irrelevant (you don't even have a winratio). You get rewarded for what you do no matter which chalk eating monkeys are in your team. You just don't care about this anymore. You go out to destroy targets and have fun doing it.

Such a release.

True ... but when you are done with your battle and you look at the planes ... And you have 10 tiers researched ... yet you can only afford planes from 7 tier .... Not a release ...

Now the awards that you get ... are worth shit ...

Sadzior #155 Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42444 battles

View PostTrilandian, on 17 January 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

I've played War Thunder for a short while, emphasis on played - past tense. While, on a purely mechanical level, it's a really great game, the reason I'm not playing it right now is because of the absolutely horrific business model.

People might complain about WoT having some pay to win elements, but it's nothing compared to what goes on in War Thunder.

In War Thunder, the default game mode is like the planned garage battle mode for WoT, in which, when a player's vehicle is destroyed, they spawn in another vehicle that they own. The thing with War Thunder is, though, that the limit to how many times you can respawn is determined solely by how many planes you have in the hangar, and you can only expand you hangar past a certain point with, you guessed it, gold.

Speaking of gold, in WoT, you can train your crew to 100% major qualification using gold, but no further. In War Thunder, on the other hand, there is no limit. You can actually buy maxed-out crews.

In summation, unless Gaijin completely revise their business model, I won't be going anywhere near War Thunder.
Agree about they have terrible business model, but as we speaking about quantity of planes in garage battles its not so important at it looks- seasoned player can paly and dominate hordes of unexperienced enemy with one- two planes only , since those guys keeping themselves alive.
Nevetherless garage battles mode should be more than welcome in WOT- simply copy the idea and it will work great.

Another very simple idea with can be implemented in WOT easy are radio voices connected to commands- with are much easier to notice than only text in main chat and beeps on the map.

Edited by Sadzior, 04 April 2013 - 05:21 PM.

GuderianRommel #156 Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14968 battles
Does WT allow gold ammo or crap like it? I heard WT actually use real models, not like a prototype from WWII going up against a 1958 tank? I like WoT but i liked it a year ago even better, less moronic battles and "no gold ammo". I know there was but it was different and not used by each and everyone (or almost everyone). For instance, a year ago in a lower tier against a 2 lvl higher tier, i had to use tactics to beat him or died trying.
I do not like planes though but my premium on WoT is ending and i'm not renewing it for a long time unless changes come. Power creep, inbalance fixes, MM, lot more maps (long asked for), etc are changes i would like to see and just not bringing out more tanks for the heck of it. If changes do not come, so be it and i will check WoT again later. To each his own.

Ow, i really dont like planes games but i will give WT an honest try to see if they got their stuff together, at least for now

Edited by GuderianRommel, 04 April 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Sadzior #157 Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 42444 battles

View PostCaptainMastiff, on 24 March 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

My favourite part about War Thunder? I get rewarded for my individual effort in battle, I don't have to rely on 14 other smacktards to get my victory modifier. In War Thunder doing objects rewards you but playing well rewards you also. I don't suffer because Siema and co don't know their arse from their mouth. In World of Tanks I can kill 14 other players and lose and I will miss out on a Huge amount of credits/xp due to the fact you get a victory modifier.Fundamentally that can't be changed in World of Tanks without a new game mode and at the end of the day 11k games I'm just tired of being at the mercy of XoX_Snipah_XoX to turn his turret AND his hull at the same time to kill the enemy. With the way you progress aside this is the single biggest factor that influences me to play War Thunder over World of Tanks, I'm tired of being punished because MatchMaker put me together with morons.
Unfortunelly u are wrong.Siema&company has not yet arrived , but they are on their way in WT.Becoming more and more visible - since its open beta now.The only difference is theres a realistic mode with Siema&Co not entering because its too hard, and normal people can play there.In WOT its CW , but CW is restricted by blocking destroyed tanks , and u must be in clan ofc so this is nothing for soloing.Garage battles or realistic mode or simple "advanced mode " with certain efficiency req can made WOT playable for normal players.

Edited by Sadzior, 04 April 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Xindox #158 Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10528 battles
Hahahah, dear silly WG, it seems that WT devs have taken WoT players' opinions into consideration! And you are going to get punished for your attitude... Nice... Very nice!   :teethhappy:

Bzyczek77 #159 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles
I played both games ... I quit playing both games ...

As a former WoT player I can't handle the tremonodus grining on WT ... so I can't play WT ...

I can't play WoT for obvious reasons ... Just go on forum ...

rancidpunk #160 Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51732 battles
Believe me, trying to fly a tier 9 bomber with no fighter support is just as frustrating as the noobs camping in the forest in WoT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users