WOT v's War Thunder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

Nirvana #81 Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18838 battles
Playin' it too. So far, I'm playing for free. If it captivates me, I might sink in some bucks as well. Having fun so far!

Fawlty_Turrets #82 Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14050 battles

View Postedfrancis001, on 20 January 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

fawlts, i stick by you old buddy, war thunder is great fun, i dont get angry, i dont rage, i enjoy so many aspects,, thank you for introducing me to this - ed
hehe I pm'd you with my name, don't spread it about-I'm getting hate neg repped on here at the minute, seems like a bunch of haters have taken offence to me:)

And Sheep, ty for the reply-more polite. I'm a little tetchy at the minute due to being hate ganked by arty haters. All they have to do is match the quality of the plane game with the tanks and ships and they have won-it's that simple.

In my eys all WG have to do is:
Sort the impossible bounces (kv 152mm derp vs grille, minimum pen is 4 times grile's armor, frontalat 20m=BOUNCE LOL?)
Sort the spotting system (see through tanks =fail)
Tweak the mm (stop tank stacking arty, heavies etc)
Put the economy back to what it was (stop nerfing tank income)
Top three losers should get same reward as winners (if they get bad players on their team-WHY should they be punished?)
And it would be fine. All they have to do is start listening a bit more.

IBLiTZKRiEGI #83 Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3236 battles
  • [WOLVE] WOLVE

View PostFawlty_Turrets, on 21 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

All they have to do is start listening a bit more.

Sounds like the story of most headstrong Dictators who refuse to listen to advice and drive their empire into the ground...

AnFionn #84 Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10845 battles
Play them both, but invest more time, energy and effort to the game you like more.
For me it is WaT at the moment, I just feel I get more for my money, but I doubt I will ever quit playing WoT.

TheDerpyHooves #85 Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8456 battles
Well, I aint one to judge ( I hate airplane games) but WT's air game is frustrating yet kinda fun, would like to try WoWP now to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm wating for the Army segment, then I can see wether I'll be sticking with WoT or playing WT. Anyone have any idea when Gaijin are adding the Army bit?

Apeb #86 Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2 battles
found this and the other nations on their forums , could be a fake though .

Attached Files

• Attached File   DE.jpg   289.76K

AnFionn #87 Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10845 battles

View PostApeb, on 23 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

found this and the other nations on their forums , could be a fake though .

Sadly I believe this is only just fan-made tech-tree, but it is impressive nontheless.

Woras #88 Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21413 battles
  • [CRM] CRM
How can one compare planes vs tanks? Obviously we need to compare WoWP.

As I have played both of them: War Thunder really is the thunder before the silent beep of WoWP.
WT have better graphic, handling, interface. More planes, more nations, more maps ( even night battles), more modes, good tutorial, Co op missions, simulator, arcade and realistic handling modes, also full garage battles, detailed cockpit view.

What does WoWP have?

Well it does have few planes.

Too late WG with planes, too late......

quinch1199 #89 Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11019 battles
  • [116] 116

View PostWoras, on 24 January 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

How can one compare planes vs tanks? Obviously we need to compare WoWP.

As I have played both of them: War Thunder really is the thunder before the silent beep of WoWP.
WT have better graphic, handling, interface. More planes, more nations, more maps ( even night battles), more modes, good tutorial, Co op missions, simulator, arcade and realistic handling modes, also full garage battles, detailed cockpit view.

What does WoWP have?

Well it does have few planes.

Too late WG with planes, too late......

Agreed, played WoWP and now War Thunder, War Thunder kicks WoWP's teeth in then burns its corpse....it really does! Even in Arcade version its by far better looking, handling and runs better on medium machines. I run WT on High default settings...I struggle at Low settings on both WoT and WoWP.

Tanks...currently and for a long time in the future I dont think you can beat WoT but aircraft...WT has it sewn up.

quinch1199 #90 Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11019 battles
  • [116] 116
ONE negative I have to say. WT's developers are WORSE than WG in customer support...there is Zero information about the game and next to zero support on the western european forums.

Its all Russian support...far worse bias than WG...sorry to say it but its true, such a fine, fine game though.

fdsdh1 #91 Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5678 battles
  • [PLATY] PLATY
well lets see

War Thunder vs WoT

War Thunder
Has developed trees for all the major nations of WW2 a lot faster than WoT
Russian aircraft (soon to be tanks and ships) are (will) not be overpowered simply because they are Russian
Lots of different game modes
free customization options, such as camoflage and icons
more balanced trees containing more period vehicles
My rubbish computer can reliably achieve over 30fps, and looks better than WoT even on same settings
no annoying siema people
better music, Beethoven, IL2 Sturmovik theme!
Cockpit view
different realism settings

WoT (+ WoWp and probs WoWs)
Took over a year to release British tree, Japanese tree still not in game, Chinese tree motivated only for making money
Everything Russian is completely overpowered
3 game modes
extortionate price for camoflage and other customizations
lots of late 1950's tanks matched agaist WW2 tanks, lots of made up tanks
Clan wars
My rubbish computer barely makes 30fps, graphics look rubbish compared to War Thunder on equivilent settings
infested with thousands of siema PL's
Rubbish music from the early 90's
no cockpit view
one realism setting 'noob'

the only advantage WG has is Clan Wars, yes thats it

Tank_killer99 #92 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6670 battles
WT is way more better than WOWP it has better handling,graphics, bigger maps and awesome maps :Smile_Default:
i bet when tanks come out they will be better than WOT :Smile_trollface-3:

cupoftea #93 Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7356 battles
  • [TWC] TWC
WT is just alot less frustrating than WOT is, if you get killed, you just jump into your next plane and take revenge on those who killed you. Or not if you're a bomber :p.

And if you did well you will get rewarded well, wether you win or lose.

OldIronsides #94 Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4252 battles

View Postfdsdh1, on 26 January 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

War Thunder

Russian aircraft (soon to be tanks and ships) are (will) not be overpowered simply because they are Russian

Something that is under discussion in the community. There are more than enough people claiming Soviet planes are overpowered, both in their flight models and the damage output of their canons.

My rubbish computer can reliably achieve over 30fps, and looks better than WoT even on same settings

Strangely my previous rig was able to run WoWp at medium settings but WT only at the very lowest settings. Whatever.

no annoying siema people

Yeah, having nothing to direct your chauvinism at really makes the game better  :Smile_smile:

WoT (+ WoWp and probs WoWs)
Took over a year to release British tree, Japanese tree still not in game, Chinese tree motivated only for making money

I have to tell you a secret... the whole game is for making money.

Everything Russian is completely overpowered

Why is it in most cases players of a similar quality level to yours that make these claims?

lots of late 1950's tanks matched agaist WW2 tanks, lots of made up tanks

Who cares if they are more or less balanced to their according tiers? And you know that otherwise there would be a sh*tload less tanks to play with, don't you?

infested with thousands of siema PL's

Where are you from? One of the countries of eastern europe that like to bash PLs even though most of the world can't differentiate them from Poles anyway?  :Smile_veryhappy:

Rubbish music from the early 90's

Don't know where you spend the early 90's, but in my book this is early 90's music:

War Thunder is better though.

Still I think it's time to invent some catchy name for all of those Wargaming-hater-kids.

/edit:

btw.: War Thunder just entered open beta stage.

Edited by OldIronsides, 29 January 2013 - 07:09 AM.

Woras #95 Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21413 battles
  • [CRM] CRM
Yeah WT kicks in the balls and proceeds to beat down a downed opponent WG (just to be sure they dont get up).
But at first glance in the game I noticed that there is button for land and water forces.

They are going to make tanks and boats too......in one game.....on better engine......with better everything in overall. Of course we wont get it until 2013 end or more future.

Only one thing is negative in WT - there is siemaspl there too, but also russians. This is going to be an interesting chatspeak on those two  :Smile_veryhappy:

Roebuck34 #96 Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17196 battles
  • [SAT] SAT

View PostUMM, on 18 January 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm not so much into planes, but I'll follow WT closely to see how things develop over on their side.
I think I sympathize more with WoT, but in the end the most interesting thing for us to see is how WG is going to "defend their turf". Like a starting fight of giants.
Looks like the fat guy is finally going to have to do some running.  :Smile_popcorn1:
let them run fast and long then

anyways im downloading wonder how this game will be  :Smile_ohmy:

kirstar #97 Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9337 battles
  • [316] 316
I have been playing WT for a while and whilst it is fun I am unsure how it will play in the future.
Ig noring the pay to win issue of improving your crew etc it has some nice features like taking up to 9 planes to battle.  But I cannot see how they will do groound vehicles of ships.  The test flight function is also great and free decals as well.

But I still love WoT, or will once they fix the stupid ping issues.

One issue with WT is theiir community.  Its full of the most annoying people you have ever seen ona forum.  Everyone is whining about joysticjs and underpowered FM for this and everyone should be playing simulator mode and arcade is unfair etc etc.

Woras #98 Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21413 battles
  • [CRM] CRM

View Postkirstar, on 30 January 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I have been playing WT for a while and whilst it is fun I am unsure how it will play in the future.
Ig noring the pay to win issue of improving your crew etc it has some nice features like taking up to 9 planes to battle.  But I cannot see how they will do groound vehicles of ships.  The test flight function is also great and free decals as well.

But I still love WoT, or will once they fix the stupid ping issues.

One issue with WT is theiir community.  Its full of the most annoying people you have ever seen ona forum.  Everyone is whining about joysticjs and underpowered FM for this and everyone should be playing simulator mode and arcade is unfair etc etc.

In WT I feel like in some tropical island where I go to vacation - no hordes of braindead siemas. Dont know about forums though - probably whines just like in WoT.

As with regarding tanks - there will be probably only those who fought in WW2 - so I wont expect such diversity like in WoT now.

Treecancer #99 Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10988 battles
WT is so much better than WOT and WOWP in the moment, even if you loose you get massive XP and "credits" if you have done your work, graphics far better (good someone else like something else....), there is something, you could call "teamplay" in most of the battles (€ more game modes, better maps than in WOWP, and so on :)) . But the best thing: NO SIEMKA (had only one in 200 Games)
so I will take a WOT break and play this game, as long as there are no epic noobs and siemas
See'ya

€€ oh and here a site with the Tank previews (don't know if official or not ) http://forums.someth...hreadid=3519330

Edited by Treecancer, 30 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Roebuck34 #100 Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17196 battles
  • [SAT] SAT
my god after 2 Days of playing when there will be tanks there wont be a buck in wot!  :Smile_trollface-3:

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users