The Hobbit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Grand_Moff_Tano #1 Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1532 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
If anyone is going to see the Hobbit or wanting to buy the film then DO, it's awesome, well, beyond awesome, tons better than any films in the original LOTR Trilogy

TheMuffinPirate #2 Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8756 battles
It was a descent film, a lot more light hearted that the LOTR triology. but it was way too long.
3 hrs for a only a third of the book (about 100 pages or so)

Adoron #3 Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3148 battles
  • [5KI11] 5KI11
First half is boring in my opinion, then it will be a lot of fun.
3D... not necessary i think i will see the next 2 parts in 2D.

LotR is better, but The Hobbit is good anyway :D
For LotR Fans a Musthave

Amonhoteph #4 Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23524 battles
It's a horribly bad film, really, it's crap beyond belief. It doen't even come close to the Trilogy.

ilhilh #5 Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26613 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostAdoron, on 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

First half is boring in my opinion, then it will be a lot of fun.
3D... not necessary i think i will see the next 2 parts in 2D.

LotR is better, but The Hobbit is good anyway :D
For LotR Fans a Musthave

This really.

PanzyBattalion #6 Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10884 battles
Rabbit sledge, thats all Im- wait, GIANT rabbit sledge, yeah thats all I need to say.

Best film of 2012.

Shegzor #7 Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23555 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Well, as a Tolkien fan expecting to see a crappy, but sort of decent Hollywood version of the Hobbit, I must say that, despite being prepared for all sorts of bullcrap (which was already evident from the trailer... Galadriel anyone?), I was still shocked at how Jackson butchered Tolkien's work.

Seriously, I could forgive him the fact that he wanted a tie-in with LotR for all those twats out there who can't be arsed to pick up a book. I could forgive that whole Galadriel scene. I could even forgive him for letting out all the songs and other less action-oriented scenes... But goddamn rabbits pulling a sled? The dwarves riding on a stone giant who are having a wrestling championship? Bilbo fighting orcs like he's been doing it all his life?
I understand some scenes had to be changed to make it more movie-like, but for some reason, there were only two or three scenes that actually had any resemlbance to what was in the book.
Not to mention all the pointless scenes that were obviously there just to prolong the movie. Jackson must really want his money-fort. A 1200+ pages piece? Make 9 hours of movies out of it. 320 pages? Make 9 hours of movies out of it.

In all my life, this is the only movie I regret watching, and I've watched a lot of crappy movies. It shouldn't have been given the right to bear the name The Hobbit. It is only a fantasy-themed action movie vaguely based on several Tolkien's works. If you are a die-hard fan like me, with actual respect for Tolkien's work (and for some reason haven't seen this movie yet), spare yourself the pain of seeing your favourite books ruined.
Don't get me wrong - as just a movie, disregarding the book that inspired it - it's good. The photography is nice, the effects are awesome, the whole thing is visually highly appealing. But, all things considered, I wish Jackson would never have been born. I disliked the man before for the LotR movies, but those at least had some good things in them. But now I hate him with a passion, and if I ever meet him in person, I'll punch him in the face.

knoxySR #8 Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7472 battles

View PostShegzor, on 19 January 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Well, as a Tolkien fan expecting to see a crappy, but sort of decent Hollywood version of the Hobbit, I must say that, despite being prepared for all sorts of bullcrap (which was already evident from the trailer... Galadriel anyone?), I was still shocked at how Jackson butchered Tolkien's work.

Seriously, I could forgive him the fact that he wanted a tie-in with LotR for all those twats out there who can't be arsed to pick up a book. I could forgive that whole Galadriel scene. I could even forgive him for letting out all the songs and other less action-oriented scenes... But goddamn rabbits pulling a sled? The dwarves riding on a stone giant who are having a wrestling championship? Bilbo fighting orcs like he's been doing it all his life?
I understand some scenes had to be changed to make it more movie-like, but for some reason, there were only two or three scenes that actually had any resemlbance to what was in the book.
Not to mention all the pointless scenes that were obviously there just to prolong the movie. Jackson must really want his money-fort. A 1200+ pages piece? Make 9 hours of movies out of it. 320 pages? Make 9 hours of movies out of it.

In all my life, this is the only movie I regret watching, and I've watched a lot of crappy movies. It shouldn't have been given the right to bear the name The Hobbit. It is only a fantasy-themed action movie vaguely based on several Tolkien's works. If you are a die-hard fan like me, with actual respect for Tolkien's work (and for some reason haven't seen this movie yet), spare yourself the pain of seeing your favourite books ruined.
Don't get me wrong - as just a movie, disregarding the book that inspired it - it's good. The photography is nice, the effects are awesome, the whole thing is visually highly appealing. But, all things considered, I wish Jackson would never have been born. I disliked the man before for the LotR movies, but those at least had some good things in them. But now I hate him with a passion, and if I ever meet him in person, I'll punch him in the face.

You wont be seeing the rest then.

I for 1 loved it, the 48fps was stunning, the first fight was azog was epic. The goblin chase was epic, the movie draged on some what but the golum riddle scene was amazing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users