Alexeiy, on 07 February 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:
I find it OP, it's like a T4,5 ligth tank, with the MM of a T5 med. Giving it the Camo on the move, wouldn't be such a great improvment, because the M7 has decent Camo on the move (around 10% like the russian meds, without Camoskill, but viewrange makes up for the "low" camovalue). Last time I checked some statistics on this tank, it was underperforming and the reputation isn't that great because it should be played as ligth tank and probably 90% of the player are bad/horrible at playing ligth tanks.
i doubt it would become OP. its too slow and has a comparatively large silhouette for an active scout. the large signature (for a light) already enough camo penalty. so the bonus will have only a minor effect - as you say it yourself. you also need to consider that the tanks its matched against already have decent view range unlike T4 tanks. and besides most T5 lights are currently rather T6 vehicles (for example by its stats chaffe is better then T21) and many will move one tier up in the coming patches. those that won't already have the same match maker as T5 meds, i.e. the crusader.
if the tank is underperforming it's because it's no match in combat to such things like derp M4, KV-1 and many others that simply have a greater impact on the game (if played right). what it lacks in damage potential (low penetration vs T6, T7 tanks) it cannot compensate though spotting damage. and once detected in a scouting position its survivability isn't good enough because lack of agility.
nevertheless i won't deny it's a good tank.
riv8, on 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:
M7 is a great tank and i'm having lots of fun with it...but there is a one tiny problem - how to stay alive in this thing?!
I ask you M7 drivers - what is your survival rate in this tank?
my survivability is at 21% after 192 battles. not sure if that is good for the M7.
basic scout rules for scouts help.
0. don't rush ahead. fast tank doesn't mean you must be the first on the front line. but if you do so make sure to scout fast and get out even faster before all guns are pointed at you.
1. don't drive ahead if there is no firepower behind you to use your spotted info. so always look where your team needs a spotter.
2. don't play too much an active scout. the vehicle lacks camo, speed and agility for it.
3. think twice before shooting. you lose a lot of camo and bushes around you become transparent for enemies.
4. if you shoot or flank make sure your target is distracted by someone else.
5. be aware where which the enemies are - especially those that aren't visible. you have to memorize spotting info so you get an idea how many guns may be pointed at you once you come out of hiding to move ahead or shoot.
6. whereever you go, try to have an escape route if you spot more then you can handle.
Edited by Killtech, 24 February 2013 - 02:48 AM.