Crusader game balance.

Crusader tierfivetanks t5tanks lighttanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

StClement #1 Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles
I know what's coming- a s*itstorm of 'you're playing it wrong', 'it's not the tank, it's the player' and all that jazz.  :Smile-hiding: Well, fill your boots boys, but this model is woefully, comically, tragically underpowered.

You may have had some success driving the model. You'll attribute that to playing it 'right'. I agree, up to a point. That point being that this is a game populated by large numbers of unskilled and inexperienced players. That you are skilled, experienced and intelligent enough to get the best out of this particular computer model is nice, but it says more about your ability than the models in play.

This isn't a tank- it's a computer model that looks like a tank on your monitor. It's a model that's seriously less capable than it's peers. Crunch the numbers you prefer to use, but in every ranking, this 'tank' is bottom of the heap. It's slower than every other T5 tank and the majority of TDs and artillery. It's top gun is much less capable than the base weapon for every other T5 tank. It has no armour to speak of.

I'm told that it's 'stealthy'- meaning it gets a camo bonus just like the light tanks. While that might help, bear in mind that they too are better armed, armoured and much faster- M5, A20, Leopard are all stronger models and one tier lower to boot!

This model is badly unbalanced. It's a liability to whichever team fields it, only compensated for by the skill of some of it's veteran players. In average hands, it's a waste of a T5 slot.

It either needs some enhancement- considerably more speed would be appropriate- or reduced to a lower tier.

-Can anyone persuade me I'm wrong?

gladorus #2 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10467 battles
Whats the point have already made up your mind! You are right  that this tank needs a player who knows how to use it, but following your reasoning all French tanks are unbalanced and  only compensated for by the skill of some of it's veteran players.

Edited by gladorus, 26 January 2013 - 09:15 PM.

bosqit #3 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50713 battles
  • [4KDPG] 4KDPG
c'mon, it's not so bad ... however I also have doubts regarding this mythical theoretical super camo in some situations...

veryangryenglishman #4 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8671 battles
Well, I enjoyed the Crusader enough when I played it to make it a permanent addition to my garage, I'd like to think I managed to pick up up a few things:
  • As you pointed out, you don't lose your camo when moving, because it's a light tank.
  • It may not feel fast, but with 20:1 hp/ton you can build up quite a bit of speed.
  • As you may have noticed, the  top gun (the 6 pounder L/50 for those who don't know) has very low damage and pen, but decent accuracy, good aim time and an astounding rate of fire. While penetrating the front of even something like a sherman or a pz III/V can be a bit hit and miss, fighting against lightly armoured targets, eg lower tier tanks, tier 5 sides/ rears, hellcats, cromwells, t49's and other crusaders will see you putting down an astonishing amount of damage, especially if you're close enough that you can fire at maximum speed, not waiting to be fully aimed, and still hit your shots.
  • In Tier 7 games, your reduced to being an actually scout tank, spotting an killing artillery, unless you can sneak round to the back of the enemies, but even from the rear, some of the Tier 7 heavies are tough nuts to crack.
  • You have good accuracy and aim time - use it when you can. All Tier 5 tanks can be penetrated from the front if they are fairly head on and your shooting is good.
  • Where this tank excels is at the end of the game, when only a few enemies are left. Either cruise around to find artillery, or park yourself behind the big metal butt of one of the enemy tanks, and simply machine gun them to death. At <25m you don't need to fully aim before you fire, just point and click as fast as you can (get that trigger finger ready).
  • In case I didn't make it clear already, this tank (to me) is all about dpm. I have a 100% crew, vents, rammer and GLD, to make use of the fire rate and aim time, to shove out as many shells as I can. I have a reload time of 1.98 seconds, and an aim of approximately 2 seconds,  giving me a DPM of 2272 when I don't need to fully aim, and 2250 when at longer ranges. Assuming you can penetrate reliably, you can and will rip to shreds and tank of your tier or lower, and seriously punish Tier 6 machines.

Best of luck on the battlefield! :Smile_honoring:

StClement #5 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles
Ahem- ELC AMX (tier five equivalent) 150% of it's speed and a top gun with 170pen, 240dam using standard ammo. Yes it has paper armour, but it has speed and punch to compensate. What's the Crusader equaliser, glad? A bv in the back of the turret?  :Smile_blinky:

Kolblidudsen #6 Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6281 battles
Crusader is awesome fun (my favorite tank for ramming  :Smile_veryhappy: ) and great moneymaking. Maybe it needs some pro skills, but most light tanks are hard to play.
When i play it, i always feel like a 'wow' about it's speed (great acceleration), though i know the maximum is 44 km/h.
People say it's a bad flanker, but for me it is a close-contact beast, ramming lighter (or sometimes heavier :Smile_glasses: ) opponents and pwning with outstanding RoF.
Btw sometimes i feel like in a tier IV when playing it, but that's not really bad  :Smile_Default: .
Edit:

View PostStClement, on 26 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Ahem- ELC AMX (tier five equivalent) 150% of it's speed and a top gun with 170pen, 240dam using standard ammo. Yes it has paper armour, but it has speed and punch to compensate. What's the Crusader equaliser, glad? A bv in the back of the turret?  :Smile_blinky:
but Crusader has no scout MM... And it has a turret...And ELC is really other type of tank, nothing to compare with A15. Every tank has pros and cons.
(sorry for bad english)

Edited by Kolblidudsen, 26 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

StClement #7 Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles

View Posthunt3rk1ll3r, on 26 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Well, I enjoyed the Crusader enough when I played it to make it a permanent addition to my garage, I'd like to think I managed to pick up up a few things:
  • As you pointed out, you don't lose your camo when moving, because it's a light tank.
  • It may not feel fast, but with 20:1 hp/ton you can build up quite a bit of speed.
  • As you may have noticed, the  top gun (the 6 pounder L/50 for those who don't know) has very low damage and pen, but decent accuracy, good aim time and an astounding rate of fire. While penetrating the front of even something like a sherman or a pz III/V can be a bit hit and miss, fighting against lightly armoured targets, eg lower tier tanks, tier 5 sides/ rears, hellcats, cromwells, t49's and other crusaders will see you putting down an astonishing amount of damage, especially if you're close enough that you can fire at maximum speed, not waiting to be fully aimed, and still hit your shots.
  • In Tier 7 games, your reduced to being an actually scout tank, spotting an killing artillery, unless you can sneak round to the back of the enemies, but even from the rear, some of the Tier 7 heavies are tough nuts to crack.
  • You have good accuracy and aim time - use it when you can. All Tier 5 tanks can be penetrated from the front if they are fairly head on and your shooting is good.
  • Where this tank excels is at the end of the game, when only a few enemies are left. Either cruise around to find artillery, or park yourself behind the big metal butt of one of the enemy tanks, and simply machine gun them to death. At <25m you don't need to fully aim before you fire, just point and click as fast as you can (get that trigger finger ready).
  • In case I didn't make it clear already, this tank (to me) is all about dpm. I have a 100% crew, vents, rammer and GLD, to make use of the fire rate and aim time, to shove out as many shells as I can. I have a reload time of 1.98 seconds, and an aim of approximately 2 seconds,  giving me a DPM of 2272 when I don't need to fully aim, and 2250 when at longer ranges. Assuming you can penetrate reliably, you can and will rip to shreds and tank of your tier or lower, and seriously punish Tier 6 machines.

Best of luck on the battlefield! :Smile_honoring:

Thanks for the thought, hunty, 'tis much appreciated! :Smile_honoring: Same back, hope to be on your team some time!

1. Doesn't seem to be making much difference, but even if it did, >shrug< every light in the game does that. They do it at high speed, though, allowing them to scout, retreat, intercept or just rapidly relocate. Not options generally open to the Crusader.
2. I've got to disagree, mate. Speed was the Crusaders advantage in real life, not this game. I'm regularly outdragged by team mates in Panzer III/IVs, Shermans and T34s. All much better armed and protected vehicles. Probably just as well, because I can't support them as well as I'd like anyway with my cardboard armour and popgun.
3. Player skill comes into this one. If you're good at simultaneously moving, firing, finding cover and avoiding obstacles to slow or stop you, great, you might be able to score repeated hits before a less skilled opponent puts you down. If he's as good as you are, you can't get away from the fact that he can do all of those things back, but doesn't need to hit you nearly as often. And you're in it to the death- you can't outrun or evade the T4, T5 and some of the T6s within range.
4. Or, as I'm beginning to suspect, free experience for WG customers who've bought a bigger, better tank...  :Smile_blinky:
5. Agreed- the problem is that multiple hits are required. If they track you, or you can't scoot into cover after blatting a couple into them, you're toast. Embarrassing as it is to say it, I've lost toe to toe slugging matches with tanks (hell, tankettes!) two tiers lower, much less T5s.
6. This seems to be the way ahead with every Brit vehicle in the game- skulk around while your team do the hard work, then finish off stragglers at the end. It might be national pride- I am actually British in real life- but I don't think that's a particularly accurate depiction of how the British go about their business. That's more jackal than lion!
7. Again, that seems to be the way with all the Brit tanks- train crews, add modules, learn drills to exploit the enemies weak spots...my problem with this model is the other guy can do the same with a much better baseline to build from.

Like bosqit said, it's not all that bad. It looks gorgeous, moves convincingly and makes some lovely noises. It's kinda fun to play as the underdog. But the joke's gone on long enough- it's ridiculously weak compared to other T5s. A decent speed boost would restore some balance and make it a contender, as well as offering another playing style amongst the T5 tanks. Right now it's a slower, poorer armed, poorer protected version of the T5 mediums. Possibly enjoying a camo bonus, trying to get rapid fire weapons on target. :Smile_sad:

veryangryenglishman #8 Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8671 battles

View PostStClement, on 26 January 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

Thanks for the thought, hunty, 'tis much appreciated! :Smile_honoring: Same back, hope to be on your team some time!

1. Doesn't seem to be making much difference, but even if it did, >shrug< every light in the game does that. They do it at high speed, though, allowing them to scout, retreat, intercept or just rapidly relocate. Not options generally open to the Crusader.
2. I've got to disagree, mate. Speed was the Crusaders advantage in real life, not this game. I'm regularly outdragged by team mates in Panzer III/IVs, Shermans and T34s. All much better armed and protected vehicles. Probably just as well, because I can't support them as well as I'd like anyway with my cardboard armour and popgun.
3. Player skill comes into this one. If you're good at simultaneously moving, firing, finding cover and avoiding obstacles to slow or stop you, great, you might be able to score repeated hits before a less skilled opponent puts you down. If he's as good as you are, you can't get away from the fact that he can do all of those things back, but doesn't need to hit you nearly as often. And you're in it to the death- you can't outrun or evade the T4, T5 and some of the T6s within range.
4. Or, as I'm beginning to suspect, free experience for WG customers who've bought a bigger, better tank...  :Smile_blinky:
5. Agreed- the problem is that multiple hits are required. If they track you, or you can't scoot into cover after blatting a couple into them, you're toast. Embarrassing as it is to say it, I've lost toe to toe slugging matches with tanks (hell, tankettes!) two tiers lower, much less T5s.
6. This seems to be the way ahead with every Brit vehicle in the game- skulk around while your team do the hard work, then finish off stragglers at the end. It might be national pride- I am actually British in real life- but I don't think that's a particularly accurate depiction of how the British go about their business. That's more jackal than lion!
7. Again, that seems to be the way with all the Brit tanks- train crews, add modules, learn drills to exploit the enemies weak spots...my problem with this model is the other guy can do the same with a much better baseline to build from.

Like bosqit said, it's not all that bad. It looks gorgeous, moves convincingly and makes some lovely noises. It's kinda fun to play as the underdog. But the joke's gone on long enough- it's ridiculously weak compared to other T5s. A decent speed boost would restore some balance and make it a contender, as well as offering another playing style amongst the T5 tanks. Right now it's a slower, poorer armed, poorer protected version of the T5 mediums. Possibly enjoying a camo bonus, trying to get rapid fire weapons on target. :Smile_sad:

The only point I disagree with you here is the speed, but as a player who mostly drives heavies, that doesn't mean much. Not only this, but as to the rest of what you said? Yep, bang on. The points that I made, I've just been trying to put a more positive spin on things for people, as I personally think this tank is greater than the sum of it's (mostly crap) parts. I have quite a few things that I am fond of in this tank, but when you said it was the weakest tier 5? I was struggling to disagree.

PS: Off-topic, but I'm British in real life too. I take it that one of the primary reasons your grinding the Brit mediums is to get your hands on the Centurions? I can't wait to drive one of those bad boys - they look fantastic.

StClement #9 Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles
All the tanks look fantastic hunty. If the game was about visuals it's already got most ww2 games beat! :Smile_Default:

But there has to be more for this to be fun. I've had some cracking games in the Crusader, but all the things I did with it I could have done quicker with a much better chance of surviving in an American or German tank. In the games where I've done particularly well I reckon I'd have wiped the board with a T34! And there's the rub- the game developers seem to prefer other nations' tanks. The comments threads offer some sage advice- which I'm grateful for, by the way- but it all seems to boil down to 'hide in the bushes, your kit's just not up to scratch old son'. Worryingly, there's not much love for the Centurion on the threads I've read...

Now I've no illusions about British kit in real life. It tends to get portrayed as a bit lame compared to everyone else's. However, it also usually tends to be fit for purpose. The Crusader being a prime example. Faster than the Panzers it faced, with a series of guns quite capable of dealing with almost anything they fielded. Yes, it was bordering on criminal the length of time it took to provide them with HE to deal with AT guns. Yes, it wasn't particularly reliable, either. But losses weren't any greater than the M3s and 4s it fought alongside- it was replaced by the Cromwell when it became available, not the Sherman, as good as that was. I'm very grateful for the lend lease tanks the Americans sold us, as we all should be, but I don't consider them any better than British or German contemporaries.

The grind continues- my eventual aim is to get all the Brit vehicles to elite. I still dig out the Valentine and Matilda (both keepers) for a giggle. The lower tier games seem less skilled, so their obvious flaws aren't usually pounced on straight away. In return I make it a point not to shoot at loltractors and their brothers if I can avoid it!  :Smile_blinky:

Any advice on Brit heavies? I'm struggling with the Churchills. Slow and poorly armed I can deal with, but they seem to be armoured with canvas and greed emulsion :Smile_sad: Is it worth getting a Black Prince? The only difference I really noticed between the III and the VII is even more high tier heavies turning up to the party. At least they're easy to hit!  :Smile_teethhappy:

Kyphe #10 Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles
Crusader is on par with the t34

The t34 has better armor but it can't ding the 6pdr and the crusader is less likely to get spotted on the move, though they have about the same camo value when stationary.

Zis is on paper better than the 6pdr but the soft stats even it out such as the actual accuracy while driving at full speed (the bell curve for probability of shot being in the center is better) and the crusader loses less accuracy during turret or hull rotation.

The T34 is more sluggish in turning and acceleration even if its top speed is a little better unless you max out clutch breaking and such with your driver.

Then you have MM and battle weight, I believe the MM range is the same, but I believe the battle weight of the crusader is a bit less meaning it get slightly better matchmaking less T7 than the T34.

I love my crusader, and my stats in it show that I am not just blowing hot air in a fan boy way.

I do understand how people can hate it, you need to always be thinking about how not to get hit, not getting hit is your number 1 priority, if you allow yourself you stop for a kill in a hot zone you will pay dearly, you have to know when not to shoot, or at least when to autoaim and run like hell hitting the fire button for the fun of it

gladorus #11 Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10467 battles
You are focused on certain stats to the exclusion of all else. The straight line speed of tanks is important but there are more factors that influence speed; A. the ability to keep its speed while turning B. power to weight ratio (time to get up to its max speed and power available to climb hills). IMHO max speed is not that important above 40-45 kph and i would rather have a good rating in the above mentioned fatcors.
Secondly you seem to focus on one type of scouting (active) to the exclusion of the other (passive). The passive variant has won ground with the implementation of fysics in patch 8.0 which has raised to probability of detracking yourself.
Thirdly, you give facts about the elc gun but do not give the whole story. It does have high damage and penn gun but it also has a very bad aim time, therefore you have to be very close or sit still for a long period of time. Then there is the fact that you did not say anyhing about gun depression, which is very important in this game.

But the discusion was about the crusader vs the elc amx, so here we go:
  • dpm: 2045 vs 1200  ---&gt; bigger chance to set other tanks on fire
  • gun depression: -12°/+20° vs -5°/+13° ----&gt; can go hull down and become a smaller target then elc
  • match making: crusader &gt; elc
  • the turret
  • fact that it can fire on the move
ps. I have left out playing style because we are talking about the average player.

Edited by gladorus, 27 January 2013 - 01:07 PM.

_Knight_Commander_Pask_ #12 Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3773 battles
I don't know where everyone is getting this 'the Crusader can fire on the move' lark from. Whenever I start moving the reticule blooms out to useless levels pretty much instantly. Heck, in one match today I couldn't hit a Covenanter at about ~50m while driving towards him at 20km/h!

I want to like the Crusader, I really do, it's such a nice sounding and looking tank... But I can barely out-shoot tier IV tanks (and it just plain can't out-shoot tier IV TDs), and it's not agile enough to circle things to death.  :Smile_sad:  I reckon it would make a perfect tier IV tank as it is now with a bit less ROF (and HP, of course).

StClement #13 Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles
I'm with you on this one, KC. If you get into a turning fight with a T5 medium (or a quick T4) you'll lose. Even if you do get to hit the opfor, though, the Crusaders' shots bounce harmlessly off, meanwhile the Panzer/Sherman/Russian only needs a couple of hits. They will penetrate and they will dish out catastrophic damage. The Crusader doesn't turn any better than the faster tanks- quite the reverse in fact, unless I've come up against a succession of super trained elite T34s, M4s and Pz III/Vs.

Glad, my point about the amx was it has features to compensate for it's paper armour- high speed and a devastating gun. There are advantages to each of the other tanks as well. Only the Crusader gets paper armour, no speed and and a quick firing popgun to try and defend itself. Where's the Crusader's compensation? To use that supposedly high rate of fire (a whole 1 rpm better than the T34s equivalent) it has to expose itself to return fire. Which will get it killed, because the other guy has armour and a gun that can kill the Crusader, while the Crusader has neither to do the reverse back. It doesn't keep it's speed in the turn better than any tank I've met so far, it gets out hauled up hills by the usual suspects- it's slow, mate!  :Smile_smile:

Apparently it's better at hiding in the bushes than mediums- brilliant, just like a T3 or 4 light, then? Many of which are better armed and armoured as well as much, much faster! The match making? Seriously? It can't deal effectively with well handled T4s, it is positively laughable against even averagely played T5s- but you think the lack of higher tiers compensates?

Glad, it's badly mis-matched. In real life the Covenanter was an unreliable, non operational pile of poo. The Brits- surely the only mugs masochistic enough to endure this grind- wouldn't mind at all if the line was deleted and the Crusader, as is, was made the British T4. Failing that, give it a hefty speed boost. Allow it to keep pace with M4s and Pz III/IVs, at the very least.

The way things stand it's just a bad joke...  :Smile_sad:

gladorus #14 Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10467 battles
A small tip: aim for the tracks and then circle!!! I also dont know why you keep going on about real life. In the first place half the tanks were never produced. Secondly its a game that matches tanks from different time frames in maps that make combat the polar opposite from the real thing. I also cant see how the t34 is so different from the crusader, because its game dynamics are very similar and it can also be penned by lower tiers without a problem.

_Knight_Commander_Pask_ #15 Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3773 battles

View Postgladorus, on 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

A small tip: aim for the tracks and then circle!!! I also dont know why you keep going on about real life. In the first place half the tanks were never produced. Secondly its a game that matches tanks from different time frames in maps that make combat the polar opposite from the real thing. I also cant see how the t34 is so different from the crusader, because its game dynamics are very similar and it can also be penned by lower tiers without a problem.

All of the British tanks (bar the AT-25A) were actually built. Every single last one of them were at least a fully functional prototype at some point. Heck, I think most of them in at the moment were actually in full-blown production! (Again, bar the AT-15A.) I know you're on about the game in general, but I just wanted to point that out.  :Smile_blinky:

Kyphe #16 Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles
A turning fight?

If you can't turn then don't turn, rock back and forth lol use the acceleration and the breaks.

se if a pz4 derp can hit you when you rock back and forth right in front of it, as soon as the gun look like it is going to line up with you change direction, the user will rarely if ever be able to react fast enough to shoot in the split second you cross their line of fire then it takes a bit before their turret starts to follow you the other way.

and its not better at hiding in bushes, it is better at not being spotted on the move, that's is the light camo bonus, it has pretty much the same camo value as a t34 when they are both stood still.

but a crusader can move into a bush without losing that camo value, a T34 will be spotted while moving then have to wait 3 seconds to gain its stationary camo

Edited by Kyphe, 27 January 2013 - 09:45 PM.

StClement #17 Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles

View Postgladorus, on 27 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Good advice- but what if he does the same? You have two immobilised computer models, one better armed and armoured than the other. Crusader pwned! I have no problem with player skill- my problem is the in built handicap this computer model has, versus every single tier five computer model. If the players are of equal skill then the result is a forgone conclusion- the Crusader loses constantly. His numbers are lower for speed, armour and firepower. Those need adjusting to offer a balanced game. I mentioned real life as a possible direction to take- real Crusaders were fast in comparison to early 1940s tanks. Up the models speed in game and you give players options to balance the models disadvantages.

As it stands, to enjoy the computer model you either have to enjoy playing at a disadvantage, pitting your superior skills against everyone elses' superior computer model; or you have to be irrationally attached to the computer model for whatever reason. I suspect many of the players driving them have a great fondness for the real tank. If you're the former, great, but if you're the latter then the game developers are playing a cruel joke at your expense...

Heatseek3R #18 Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22723 battles
As for me, Crusader is pretty balanced tank. It indeed has a problem with surviving games, but it is still able to bring death and destruction upon enemies.
As have been stated, to play this tank right you have to concentrate on what you're doing, avoid enemy fire, plan how to reach enemies' side armour, detrack enemies in the open and pierce them to death with below 2sec reload time gun. This gun is great.

As for equipment, it is best to use rammer, ventilation and GLD . I use camo net instead of GLD myself. ( I didn't mount GLD yet, since it is not that cheap  :Smile_smile: ) This configuration takes what is best in this tank and make it even better. ~1,89sec reload time, ~2sec aiming speed. Damage that varies from 60-70 to above 90. Brutal.  :Smile_glasses:

I found myself dealing like over 1000-ish damage per battle pretty often (in tier V battles), so the tank cannot be bad at all.

StClement #19 Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15946 battles

View PostKyphe, on 27 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

A turning fight?

If you can't turn then don't turn, rock back and forth lol use the acceleration and the breaks.

se if a pz4 derp can hit you when you rock back and forth right in front of it, as soon as the gun look like it is going to line up with you change direction, the user will rarely if ever be able to react fast enough to shoot in the split second you cross their line of fire then it takes a bit before their turret starts to follow you the other way.

and its not better at hiding in bushes, it is better at not being spotted on the move, that's is the light camo bonus, it has pretty much the same camo value as a t34 when they are both stood still.

but a crusader can move into a bush without losing that camo value, a T34 will be spotted while moving then have to wait 3 seconds to gain its stationary camo

If you're more skilled than the other player, great! That's the whole point, after all. But he can do exactly the same thing back, Kyphe. When your vehicle lacks speed, protection and firepower compared to your tier equivalents, then you're playing at a disadvantage. I'm glad you think being able to skulk around in the undergrowth makes up for being unable to move, hit or take a blow equivalent to your peers- personally, I'd rather that the computer model that resembles a tank so well would actually be capable of performing tank like feats, at least in the company of it's T5 peers.  :Smile_blinky:

gladorus #20 Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10467 battles
I hope you have a large amount of free exp because all british medium tanks have the same problem. The heavy line has armour to the exclusion off all else so  you are pretty much f!@ked.

Also tagged with Crusader, tierfivetanks, t5tanks, lighttanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users