Why do all topics get moved?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Richthoffen #1 Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27818 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
Seriouse all i see is topics getting moved to sub forum parts.
imo people post things in this part of the forum because this section is the most read part.

and to get the discusion up to speed, please mods, share our fun and join the convo's because lately i only see topics getting closed and moved
shaming, naming and discrimination, ok they have no place in here but it seems to me your going overboard with all this heavy bashing of topics

in short be part of the comunity instead of ruling with an iron fist

Moved to off topic, not gameplay related.
- Ectar

Edited by Ectar, 29 January 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Berbo #2 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31833 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Imagine all players posting in the gameplay discussion, with 10.000 topics about the tanks, mods, skins, replays mixed in one place.

I think nobody wants that.

Each sub section is there for a reason, if you wish to share some guides post them in "Guides and Tutorials"
If we have some newcomers asking questions, we have a section for them as well!
If you wish to discuss your favorite tank, well don't look further. In our vehicles discussion we have sections for all vehicles and you can find any of them easily.

Every forum on the internet is sorted in some way. I can't remember seeing 1 with only one section.

and Im going to use this opportunity to say, please check where does your topic belongs before you start it.

Kind regards.

Richthoffen #3 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27818 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
ok that goes for some topics, but some people asking advice on a tank get faster answers here
on the second part of the question you haven't answered why don't you take part in this comunity.. only ban, close and move is not the way it should be

Sapaki #4 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9332 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA
Topic moved to off topic

Kind regards

The Mods  :Smile_trollface-3:

Edit: WOW I am a prophet!

Edited by Sapaki, 29 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Bullitt #5 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8145 battles
Whats this got to do with gameplay?  :Smile_trollface-3:

Sapaki #6 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9332 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA
Joke apart people tend to overdo it and post almost everything in Gameplay discussion. Mods should be constantly moving topics all the time and from day 1, which has not happened, therefore now it is difficult to mop up a community that has acquired this bad reflex.

I think they should keep constantly moving topics to the appropriate section so as to get the community used to post where they are supposed to post in the first place, and the readers to look at the WHOLE forum instead of looking at the gameplay discussion only, which is true for the majority of them.

WoTDaFoCh #7 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 22802 battles
Personally i think its the DEVS that should take time out and chat more with the player base...they the ones with answers not the mods

Bullitt #8 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8145 battles
Personally I think most people read posts that are shown on the portal once it disapears from there not many players look any further. I mean off topic is a joke almost nobody looks there at all.

jimonwye #9 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25432 battles
  • [BAD-A] BAD-A
What % of players use the forum?
Of those what % are using "gameplay" for general discussion?
What % of those who use "gameplay" will bother reading all topics?
What is the remaining % confused and put out by this?

We all know of the recent "events" and are aware of the "tightening down" on the forum as a result.
We would applaud this if it was consistant, and WG participated more on the forum, and didn't just ban hammer like the baddies in a bond film.

:Smile-hiding:

Richthoffen #10 Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27818 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
Berbo is right when he said topics need to be in the right part of the forum, but take a look at the us forum.. less sub forums and more active mods.
mabey its time to spring clean the forums and lower the spread (less sub forums but beter to oversee)
still no mod answer.. youdon't play the game or are not allowed to join in the discusions?
with topics abbout late special annoucements and you not beeing visual on the forums only in red as the final post befor a topic is errased your loosing touch with the community you
are representing

CroustibatFR #11 Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles
I think mods are already way too kind considering the kind of threads that end up on the gameplay section. On most forums i post, a thread like this one would have been already closed and its creator  would have gotten a sanction for being off topic on purpose, for example.

Murphy1up #12 Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11258 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostRichthoffen, on 29 January 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Seriouse all i see is topics getting moved to sub forum parts.
imo people post things in this part of the forum because this section is the most read part.

Because it's not Gameplay related.  This isn't "General Discussion"   We have sub forums set up so people can go there to get the best answers. You want to know about which premium tank is better at tier 8?  Seriously there about 10 threads in the "Vehicle Comparison"  section.

You want advice about the Tiger II - Then ask your question in the German Heavy Tanks section.

Got something funny to share with players or a question that's NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAMEPLAY?  then use the off topic forums.

The Gameplay Discussion section atm is getting filled with multiple topics that are hardly getting any replies because the people who they're aimed at, aren't reading them. Forum sections and subsections help direct discussions and keep them focused. In turn that help players with knowing where to go to get answers.

Creating this thread in the Gameplay Discussion section is just a prime example of topics that don't belong the correct section.  Please use your head when creating a thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users