"Is it worth it?" Shoot me in the head, please.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

ReindeerBob #1 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 42193 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR
Three times a week (in each tank class section, and for each nation of course) someone starts a new thread asking about particular vehicle "Is it good?", "Is it worth it?" Also, multiply that with number of tanks in that particular tree. You see where I'm getting at. The fact that they're making these threads in huge numbers doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is that they're making so many of these threads and it DOESN'T bother me.

Related to forum (dis)function) I've split people into three groups. Ok, I'm lying. I didn't split them yet, I'll split them as I type.
1. People who care
These guys really want to help you, mostly. They're nice, sincere chaps who believe in helping his common tanker who probably mentions his mom in every fifth battle as a sign of appreciation, of course, all that after saying "GL & HF". Majority of folks perhaps don't even realize that they're answering already answered question(s). They're simply trying to be of some use to this community of which they hold high regard. (Community? Gimme a break) Bunch of crap, if you ask me. Why? Hypocrisy is common part of their lives, both in RL and here. Sure, some of them are exceptions, true representatives of this helping group. But others? They're eager to give out their helping hands but in the most cases they're the one who say "GL & HF" and "Your mom is a..." few minutes later in some battle. Message to these folks: why bother?

2. People who care (for number of their posts and greenness of their reputation)
Let me tell you right away -  I digitally spit on this group of individuals. Hell, they're not individuals, they could form their own EU WoT Republican party. Anyway, they get.... excited each time there's a thread in which they can post their ... Shall I say own opinion? Their own... reflections on particular subject? Even if they're repeating themselves -- it doesn't matter. One of them would say "Perhaps no one read my opinion in that previous post. Let me make it clearer this time. Let me show them how smart I really am." In their minds everything is appropriate. And they're always right. They'd sell their mothers for couple of thousands of posts. Also, for them, everyone else is a child. Sad truth is that 95% of people in this group aren't really children. They're grown-ups, having some spare time (mostly too much), and they think that they caught all the wisdom of this world in their avatar. They don't get out much, especially with the females. Message to these folks: I'm wrong this time so that you could be always right :)

3. Thread starters of repetitive topics
Why don't you people simply scroll down or even click on page 2 at the bottom of the page... Yes, you're gonna need to use your eyes. And yes, some basic perception skills will be required. Imagine what will you find!!! Thread with the same and/or similar topic as yours, answering the same question you asked... for about 100th time or so! Yay!

So people in this group lazy, stupid? They don't care? They never started a topic so they need one now? Who knows. I reckon that folks in this group are way more OK than others mentioned earlier. Sure, they're a bit slow but they're not two-faced or greedy, yet. Obviously, this third group exists for two reasons.
- They're needed to keep on asking the same questions so that the other two groups have something to answer, over and over.
- Their existence is essential in order to emphasize the importance of others by making themselves (group 3) look stupid.  
Message to these folks: use scroll wheel.

4. Occasional forum lurkers
These guys only jump into forum to get some info (on tanks mostly) and then they quickly get out. They don't care much. In the most cases, when they see a thread in which they can post something meaningful, they back down. There's no use. They're thinking that it's all irrelevant out here in the Land of Forum. Rarely, mostly never, will someone admit that they're wrong when they're wrong. Sometimes, they keep reading people's posts just to remind themselves how much humanity managed to degrade itself. But mostly, and just like in RL, it's better to stay away from trivialities so that's what they do.

And so... Is it worth it? No, it isn't, and it never will be. Wasted time is wasted for good. Either wasted by playing a game or by typing on forum, or generally misspent in real life -- it's irreversibly gone. Better go spend some quality time with your family, girlfriend/boyfriend or a loving cat/dog. Emphasis on cat/dog 'cause animals are more humane and human than humans ever were.
What a meaningful ending of my first thread. And my last.

rptb1 #2 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13308 battles
I wasted three minutes reading this.

Wolfesblut #3 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 17252 battles
  • [READ] READ
This thread was not worth the time.

dazzerdd #4 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27124 battles
I must strongly object to your second point. My mother is worth at least five posts.

krazypenguin #5 Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBandolier, on 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

And so... Is it worth it? No, it isn't, and it never will be. Wasted time is wasted for good. Either wasted by playing a game or by typing on forum, or generally misspent in real life -- it's irreversibly gone. Better go spend some quality time with your family, girlfriend/boyfriend or a loving cat/dog. Emphasis on cat/dog 'cause animals are more humane and human than humans ever were.
What a meaningful ending of my first thread. And my last.

Ignoring the rest of it because I think that's just filler for this bit.  "Is it worth it?"  Depends on what it costs you.

I've made a couple of friends through this game and when my life is bad, I mean REALLY bad, I know I can fire up WoT and disappear from my troubles and my worries for a few hours.  That's worth a hell of a lot to me.

And what has it cost me?  I probably would have just been watching trash TV or doing something equally pointless and i've spent maybe a couple of hundred pounds on it which I would have blown in a few nights out in a pub or bar.

I've done well out of this game.

Commander_MC_Flabby #6 Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12265 battles
#YOLO  #HIPSTER  #SWAG

He_from_Norway_ #7 Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23540 battles
im totaly a mix of the first and second, but i dont really want to be the second one :I but atleast i can amit it. ATLEAST.

and i also amit that over 500 of my posts are in the game in my sig :) but really, enjoy it, at school

Marine361y #8 Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4917 battles
  • [DAFT] DAFT

View PostBandolier, on 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Why don't you people simply scroll down or even click on page 2 at the bottom of the page...

They say page 2 of any forum is the best place to hide a body :Smile_Default:

Andy

Steel_Badger_ #9 Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1960 battles
It's a shame you aren't going to post anymore after this. We are clearly in need of your insightful wisdom and shall suffer greatly without it. However, we understand that your council is much needed elswhere, and we will strive to cope in your absence.

oh, I nearly forgot. Attempts to pigeon hole people into stereotypes shows a need to rationalise and control. Also a lack in understanding of the fundamental principals of human nature. I wish you success in your future psychological endevours.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users