FV-101 Scorpion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: FV101 Scorpion (152 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should it be added?

1. Yes (113 votes [74.34%])

Percentage of vote: 74.34%

2. No (18 votes [11.84%])

Percentage of vote: 11.84%

3. As a premium (21 votes [13.82%])

Percentage of vote: 13.82%

Tier you would suggest?

1. Tier 6 (51 votes [33.55%])

Percentage of vote: 33.55%

2. Tier 7 (38 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Tier 8 (63 votes [41.45%])

Percentage of vote: 41.45%

Vote Hide poll

Kyphe #41 Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16253 battles

View PostTheFuzzyOne, on 17 October 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

I'd agree with Kyphe here. The simpler the better in this regard. It's an easily creative way to get a great tank of history in.

What year did the AMX-13 get the 90mm anyway?

Morty_Jhones #42 Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16160 battles
  • [WAG] WAG
I Don't see the low presher gun as a problem,

probly in game a great alternative to the main gun and probly the best option alowing you to rush and squash other scouts and arty but usless Vs meds or heavies except for detracking, yes it was never fittet to BRITISH scorpions but it was available as an option and so should be available in game..

piritskenyer #43 Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 10964 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostKyphe, on 16 October 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

well simply having apds as base and hesh as premium would be in line with the rest of the british line.

The guns themselves are not in line with any other gun in the line (or any gun in the game, as the majority of the guns in game use traditional high pressure propellant).

I have a couple of reasons to support my idea, you may not find them valid, but I think they make sense:
  • Light tanks have higher tier matchmaking than the other classes on their respective tiers: a tier 6 LT has battle tier 10 matchmaking, T7 LT has BT11, and T8 has BT12 MM. Coupled with their (even relative to their own tier) lower penetration, most light tanks/scouts need a penetration boost on their premium ammunition, not a damage boost. HESH when provided as premium ammo generally has lower penetration than the regular ammo, with a significant damage boost. In case of a light tank not having a penetration boost when facing high and end tier vehicles can mean death, or even a lost battle. Hence my suggestion of having a reduced damage and improved penetration round as premium.
    (Yes, I know that lights aren't supposed to be dealing the top damage, but we've all seen the "crazy flanker" type player, circlestrafing T9 and 10 tanks to death - many of those use their pen boost provided by their premium ammo)
  • Somebody wrote earlier that both the 76 and 90mm guns were low pressure guns, mainly used for "lobbing HE rounds in support of the infantry". Low pressure guns have relatively low muzzle velocity and mainly use rounds that are not reliant on kinetic energy to do damage, but rather on chemical energy rounds (HE, HESH, HEAT - velocity is of little importance in regard to penetration of these rounds, they use the explosive chemical reaction of their explosive charge). When these guns fire high-velocity rounds (there are some), however, the barrel wear is significant, due to the much higher pressure range. This is a reason why they aren't used as general ammunition. Also one of the reasons I suggested low-velocity rounds as standard ammunition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users