what is best crew members skill for wz-131 ?

best crew member

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

UnionTJPB #1 Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28764 battles
  • [TJPB] TJPB
What is best crew members skill for wz-131 ?

Edited by sweredom, 03 February 2013 - 07:44 PM.

XCalibre #2 Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5102 battles
Greetings.

The WZ-131 and it's successor, the 132 are both notable for being scouts that pack a punch in exchange for having no autoloader and being a little large for a light tank.

Thus, short of any actual long-term experience on the thing I'd say it depends much on your decision of how to play it; one way would be to adapt to the perceived role of every light tank, being a scout and training your crew for that. The other possibility is playing in such way that you take in regard your tank's abilities compared to other scouts, namely the improvement in firepower (even if you still can't be a frontline fighter). Overall, the WZ-13X tanks may not excel in fighting or scouting compared to other tanks, but few can swap as flexibly between the roles. I would suggest BiA as a no-brainer, followed either by aggressive perks such as snap-shot, smooth ride and the like or scouting perks such as camo, recon, situational awareness and call for vengeance. In fact, I personally would mix and match.

Personal recommendation:

Commander: BiA; Sixth Sense; Recon; Camo
Gunner: BiA; Snap Shot; Designated Target; Camo
Driver: BiA; Smooth Ride; Offroad King; Camo
Loader (and Radio Operator): BiA; Situational Awareness; Call for Vengeance; Camo

UnionTJPB #3 Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28764 battles
  • [TJPB] TJPB
i pickup repair as frist skill for all . that is crap for this tank?

Edited by sweredom, 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

XCalibre #4 Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5102 battles

View Postsweredom, on 03 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

i pickup repair as frist skill for all . that is crap for this tank?

As a light tank, you are more often than not, among the ones with the lowest HP to begin with. Light tanks have a minimal Battle Tier of 1 Tier Higher than their own Tier. One module knockout can be alleviated with the use of a repair kit instantly already and it is questionable if you will survive long enough for a second to be of game-impacting difference on whether you repair it a bit sooner or later. Unless you are in a Battle Tier VIII match as top dog, it usually doesn't take much to knock you out completely in a light tank. It's not useless, but a Light tends to worry more about their entire HP sinking to 0 rather than module damage usually because people don't really have to aim at your weak spots. Your entire tank is a weak spot.

UnionTJPB #5 Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28764 battles
  • [TJPB] TJPB
so recon  ,snap-shot, smooth ride ?

XCalibre #6 Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5102 battles

View Postsweredom, on 03 February 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

so recon  ,snap-shot, smooth ride ?

Recon is bread and butter for scouts. Jack of all trades and mentor are alternatives, but I would strongly go for Recon since people will see and expect you in a spotter role.

Snap-shot and smooth ride optimize your caroussel ("circle-jerk") attacks on TDs and SPGs and generally help your skirmishing qualities. The bad gun depression means that most of your peek-a-booms are from vertical cover rather than over hills diminishing your skirmishing potential by limiting the terrain you can actively fight on, so remember that if you do take them. Unlike many other light tanks that need to run away for the drum to reload, the WZ-13X series is a constant pain when interfering in a battle and thanks to it's top gun. The 132 (next tank in line) will even get to have excellent accuracy and aiming time even, meaning it's part light, part medium, part sniper depending on the situation (It's basically never entirely unable to help in any situation if you know the terrain) and that these offensive skills would amplify such qualities further. If you decide on a less aggressive role however, Offroad King would amplify the already stellar terrain resistance values on China's signature strength of suspension and help with the weak engine.

Camo is always useful on lights, so if you feel you want it earlier, get it earlier. The only reason why I put it as 4th skill is because it is effective even if not 100%, thus a good skill for the final skill grind.

GrauerRabe #7 Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10652 battles
  • [EATC] EATC
I've fought many battles with the type62, currently focussing on the WZ131 and I have the following skills:

Commander: 6th sense - camouflage - Recon - Situational Awareness
Gunner: Camouflage - Snapshot - Deadeye - Repair
Driver: Camouflage - Clutch braking - Comfortable ride - Offroad driving
Loader: Camouflage - Repair - Safe stowage - Firefighting

I think BIA is a waste of skill. It only gives some extra points but not much, better to use this slot for more useful skills. 4x camouflage is VERY usefull. It will replace your camonet. most important is your 6th sense, this light tank is very good in passive scouting as well as fighting, even heavies. Modules can be: Gun Rammer, Vstab and Binos. Trust me on the Binos, they will increase your spotting distance very very much!

Temptis #8 Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30697 battles
i preferr Designated Target after Camo on the gunner and Offroad Driving as 3rd (or even 2nd) skill on Driver as mobility is your armor.

BiA is not a waste of skill as it improves both Camo skill efficiency and View Range but for a scout you have so many usefull skills to pick (exept on Loader... Commander has like 7 worthwhile due to RO role) that it is hard to sneak BiA in. For the same reason you do want to have Ventilation equipped

the question between Binos and Coated Optics is how you play your scout: passive sitting in a bush (so the Bino actualy kicks in) or mobile.

McLovers #9 Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10276 battles
Copied from another post just wanted to show binos are just not as OP as you think they are!

Recon - Provides a small bonus of 0.02% per training level (up to 2%) to your vehicle's View Range statistic. The bonus increases to 0.2% per training level (up to 20%) with a damaged observation device to help counteract the damage penalty. The in-game description's reference to "maximum" view range is incorrect. The skill is cumulative with the Situational Awareness skill, Coated Optics, and/or Binocular Telescope.

Situational Awareness - This skill extends your vehicle's View Range statistic by 0.03% per training level (up to 3%). If two Radio Operators have the skill, only the higher rating is effective. The skill is cumulative with the Recon skill. This skill has a higher bonus to View Range than Recon under normal circumstances, but does nothing to counteract the penalty from a damaged observation device.

Source: World of Tanks Wiki, Crew section. http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Crew

Amkal #10 Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14585 battles
  • [BRAVE] BRAVE
I think the best skillset for 131 and 132 is:
Commander - 6th sense, camo, BIA, repairs
Gunner - snap shot, repairs, BIA, camo
Driver - offroad driving, clutch braking, BIA, camo
Loader - repairs, camo, BIA, SS

I believe BIA is optional, I have many crews with BIA and strongly believe that skill is not worth the grind. BIA is only good for expert crews from type 59 or type 62. 6th sense should be the first skill for a commander of a scout tank cuz u need to be aware of when to expect fire and how well your camouflage and scout route is working. Camo is essential for scout, it should be used with camo paintjob too. Repairs IMO is more important for 132 than for 131 cuz when detracked 131 usually gets killed almost instantly and 132 sometimes have the chance to survive. Snap shot for me is the standard skill for any assault vehicle, including snipers. Off-road driving should be first skill for driver, cuz speed is very valuable asset for every tank, not just scouts, too bad this skill is useless in city maps.

joyuesp #11 Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27562 battles
  • [-B3C-] -B3C-

View PostAmkal, on 06 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I think the best skillset for 131 and 132 is:
Commander - 6th sense, camo, BIA, repairs
Gunner - snap shot, repairs, BIA, camo
Driver - offroad driving, clutch braking, BIA, camo
Loader - repairs, camo, BIA, SS

I believe BIA is optional, I have many crews with BIA and strongly believe that skill is not worth the grind. BIA is only good for expert crews from type 59 or type 62. 6th sense should be the first skill for a commander of a scout tank cuz u need to be aware of when to expect fire and how well your camouflage and scout route is working. Camo is essential for scout, it should be used with camo paintjob too. Repairs IMO is more important for 132 than for 131 cuz when detracked 131 usually gets killed almost instantly and 132 sometimes have the chance to survive. Snap shot for me is the standard skill for any assault vehicle, including snipers. Off-road driving should be first skill for driver, cuz speed is very valuable asset for every tank, not just scouts, too bad this skill is useless in city maps.
6th sense is only useful when you have cammo, without it is just a disco light., specially when you want to combine it with movement perks.

clutch braking is useless for a scout, since only works on stopped tanks, and stopped scout is a dead scout(the active ones at least)

bia increases the range, movement and other stats slighty, meaning it will overall increase all tank parameters, so its good if its completed fast, since it doesnt work unless all crew has it completed.

the point is:
if you are going to use for passive scouting focus on cammo, then bia for extra 5% and paint the tank for max effectiveness, the rest is secondary, maybe recon/situational awareness to extra view range but you will be mostly invisible.
if is going to be mobile better repairs, only offroad driving on the driver(toolbox to compensate the lack in one member), then bia, and for the 3rd perks situational awareness/recon, smooth ride, snap shot and ss

i personally would go for the passive scouting, you will get more xp on high tier battles.

Amkal #12 Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 14585 battles
  • [BRAVE] BRAVE

View Postjoyuesp, on 06 February 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

6th sense is only useful when you have cammo, without it is just a disco light., specially when you want to combine it with movement perks.

clutch braking is useless for a scout, since only works on stopped tanks, and stopped scout is a dead scout(the active ones at least)

bia increases the range, movement and other stats slighty, meaning it will overall increase all tank parameters, so its good if its completed fast, since it doesnt work unless all crew has it completed.

So 6th sense is also useless on heavies? Then why EVERYONE has it? It's always useful to know when to expect a barrage of fire on you
You are also wrong about clutch braking - it works permanently, regardless of moving or not

McLovers #13 Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10276 battles

View Postjoyuesp, on 06 February 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

the point is:
if you are going to use for passive scouting focus on cammo, then bia for extra 5% and paint the tank for max effectiveness, the rest is secondary, maybe recon/situational awareness to extra view range but you will be mostly invisible.
if is going to be mobile better repairs, only offroad driving on the driver(toolbox to compensate the lack in one member), then bia, and for the 3rd perks situational awareness/recon, smooth ride, snap shot and ss

i personally would go for the passive scouting, you will get more xp on high tier battles.

It's not

Clutch Braking Driver Increases vehicle rotation speed by 0.05% per training level (up to 5%). The skill is cumulative with Additional Grousers, a Removed Speed Governor, and any speed boosting consumables (fuels).
Primarily helpful with fast tanks that don't already turn plenty fast (i.e. Luchs, T-50). Also useful on heavy tanks that turn really slow, such as the Soviet KV line.

Says nothign about stopped tanks, why do people make things up to suit what they think.

Thlurp #14 Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 11042 battles
i always tend to pick offroad driving over clutch braking on medium/light tank, as the traverse is usually already good enough and the increase on rough terrain is more important

a light tank without camo is definately bad

6th sense is perfect in a way, even with 3 sec delay, the 3 sec is usually the minimum time someone needs to aim to you, so as soon as it lights up you take a turn

MIL0 #15 Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11564 battles
I would suggest sixth Sense for the commander and camouflage for the rest of the crew. This tank has excellent firepower, mobility and it camouflages itself pretty well already so might as well make it more ninja.

Commander - 6th sense, camo
Gunner - camo
Driver - camo
Loader - camo

pagandk #16 Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17634 battles
I'd have to agree with last poster.

6th sense
camo  
camo
camo

is first priority, then:

camo
snapshot
off road/comfortable ride
anything

If you get to 3rd and fourth skillset, definately include BIA for all.

Celandri #17 Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16531 battles
  • [-LFS-] -LFS-
for me its.

Commander: 6th sense - camouflage - Recon - BIA - Situational Awareness
Gunner: Camouflage - Snapshot - BIA - Deadeye - Repair
Driver: Camouflage - Clutch braking -BIA - Comfortable ride - Offroad driving
Loader: Camouflage - Repair - BIA - Firefighting - any random skill

kurai_ #18 Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3949 battles

View PostCelandri, on 21 February 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

for me its.

Commander: 6th sense - camouflage - Recon - BIA - Situational Awareness
Gunner: Camouflage - Snapshot - BIA - Deadeye - Repair
Driver: Camouflage - Clutch braking -BIA - Comfortable ride - Offroad driving
Loader: Camouflage - Repair - BIA - Firefighting - any random skill
I'm guessing those are "aspirational" rather than "actual" skills.
Firstly, you would have been grinding that crew pretty much 24/7 since Chinese launch to get a crew that much XP. :Smile_trollface-3:
Secondly - Situational Awareness is a Loader/Radio Operator skill, not Commander.

The order is a little unusual too - e.g. for Driver - Offroad Driving should certainly be a higher priority than Clutch Braking & Comfortable Ride.  On this tank hull & turret traverse are already pretty good, so a couple of percent turn-speed doesn't give much return for the points investment.  Comfortable Ride too - in terms of chances to actually hit anything while moving a max 3% decrease in dispersion is neither here nor there.  3% addition to "fuck all chance" still equals "fuck all chance"  :Smile_veryhappy:
Offroad, however, needs to be built up early since a lot of your time will be spent, well, offroad, getting to those good scouting and sniping spots.

I'm finding my playstyle on the WZ-131 is evolving into something quite different from what I am most comfortable doing with AMX1375/90.
In AMXes I am much more active/mobile, scooting around active-scouting with Coated Optics then popping up close to enemy for a quick & brutal stab-in-the-kidneys close range "knife fight" then slipping away again, rinse-and-repeat, and that's more what your skill choices suggest to me.

With the WZ it's a much more measured & careful stealthy lurker/creeper type pattern - doing a lot more passive scouting with Binocs, then sneaking into a good position for a some long-range "throwing a brick at the back of the head" sniping, then fading away again.

The diffence between the guns is the biggest factor in this - the AMX guns are utterly hopeless at range - hence the autoloader since you *must* be within 100m to unload a bunch of shells and have any reasonable hope of hitting much and doing damage.
Anything you can do in that brief window to maximise gun effectiveness, plus still get out alive helps.

With the 85mm WZ gun, however, if you aren't using it's excellent long range sniping abilities then it's a big waste.
Trying to use the Chinese gun in the same way as the AMX is like trying to have a swordfight in a phone booth, in comparison.

The skills I've chosen reflect that emphasis - AMX more for nimbleness and frantic gunplay, WZ more for vision and keeping at "stand off" range.

It's not a case of absolutes - you can mix and match both styles on both tank lines as situation calls for, but their most effective useage style and the matching skills are certainly different.