wot warthunder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Jyliac #1 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17895 battles
Hi all,

I play Wot since +- 10 months now, my effi goes up slowly but surely as I start to know how to play my tanks better and better...

what bothers me most in this gameis:

- No matter how good you play, when the game decise that you have to loose, well then you will loose, no matter how hard you try... that's not fair at all... and in my opinion this can't be...

So in this forum I saw something about warthunder, and as Wot became not World of Tanks but Wast Of Time.. I decided to give it a try...

I have to say that I'm amazed... really... you earn exp, and yourself as player can level up not only in nations but also yourself... and there is the point.... Wargaming please have a look on ow the graphics in that game are, ans please have a better look at how they have managed to make the tech trees with experinece...

IF you could implent this somehow in Wot it will be awesome.... till then I rather fight in the air than on ground with children... bots and... omg...

Ah yes btw, I managed to have 150+ wins... and suddenly Ionly get teams where in the 4 first minutes they suicide and there is no chance to win the match.... In 1 month my effi went up from 860 to 1040... ok Im average but I try harder and harder but it is depressing only to loose and not get what you deserve as if you would have won the match...

Please WG consider this email and have  a look...

Best regards

No problem with discussing other games, but please keep this to our off topic section as per forum rules and guidelines..
- Ectar

Edited by Ectar, 05 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Porta111 #2 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 59910 battles
  • [BP-RO] BP-RO
Well they dont have tanks yet.When they have tanks im IN.

Ding760 #3 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9370 battles

View PostJyliac, on 05 February 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

- No matter how good you play, when the game decise that you have to loose, well then you will loose, no matter how hard you try... that's not fair at all... and in my opinion this can't be...

I don't understand how some people cant be very one-sided. Think of the other side too mate.

OK so I'm on the enemy team against you. I want to win and you want to win too, so what decides which one of us will win? Skill of course! And sometimes a tiny hint of luck (admittedly your shell accuracy is pure luck,but skill should compensate for that if you are decent enough).

Most of the time the lack of skill is the simple answer why ALL of us lose, simply speaking we got bested by a better player or else made a bad mistake while playing ourselves. This game has 50% winners and 50% losers for every 30 players in a battle.

Remember the game is not biased, just you...the player!

I hope you understand what I mean and happy hunting!  :Smile_Default:

Q77 #4 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12072 battles
Well, I play both too and you must not forget WoT is a lot older. So basicly WT has the advantage of being a fresh game. About WT, it does look great, the maps look awesome and the dynamics are cool too.
However, I am already a bit bored with it.
My reasons are, it's all very 'distant', I never really have that "take this and that!' that I had(/have) with WoT.
And frankly, the games are a bit of a mess, I dont feel like I matter much to a win or not.. This is probably also why I dont feel much differences in the games, I never have that 'lets do this' - thought when I join a game. It's more a 'make some xp...' feeling.
So if I look ahead and imagine I would play 5k games in WT and still consider it as much fun as WoT.. I seriously doubt it.

Pastaiolo #5 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles
Nonsense topic, they didn't add tanks yet. And you surely can't compare a tank game with a plane one for now.

Not even engine wise, because graphics is really not everything.

I also find people asking to implement x engine (clear example people asking for Crytech Engine) to not understand what a huge rework it would require.

I am fine with what i have on WoT, and the things that have yet to come (multicore, physics engine tweaks, better track simulation and so on)

As for player behavior, let's see when WarThunder will get the same levels of players, then we can talk about people maturity and so on.

But overall, this comparison have no sense to be made here.

JohnTunstaII #6 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22019 battles

So in this forum I saw something about warthunder, and as Wot became not World of Tanks but Wast Of Time.. I decided to give it a try...

Exactly , games are filled mostly with rookies nabs and etc , just did 1 experiment yesterday , added each epic fail noob with tier X to my list only which i met in games   where they   did 0 dmg with tier X vechiles.  I have about 15 nicknames and after that tryed to see their posts on forum. I hoped i will see something like: " Damm nobs in games" , "Games are unplayable cause noobs" or etc . But i found 0 posts from all of them in together. they even dont know any forum is . They also werent guys with few battles , one had 24k of battles. Maybe they even dont know they are doing something bad.

WG need to do RANKED MM or everything will be ..... Community is greater each day , but if still more and more unexperienced players and noobs playing together with exprienced players and etc , This will be only worse and worse each day  :Smile_Default:

afoaa #7 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10372 battles
  • [CLNCH] CLNCH
I don't understand. Why one over the other? Both are excellent games with many similarities but also huge differences. If you get frustrated in one go play the other. Having acess to both is just a bonus. :-)

Jyliac #8 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17895 battles
@ Ding that's not one sided... If your whole team is dead and you're alone against 7 tanks left same tier as yours... you have no chance to take them out, especially when thex surround you... nobody can dothat (OK if you stay in a corner and you are so SKILLED that you can make bounce every shot let's say from 4 tanks... but nobody can do that or please show me a prfo and I'll never talk about that again....

@Pastaiolo, graphincs in wot are very nice, that doesn't require a chance for my taste...the ranking or levelling surely does, like that only players that are on the field for some time and played a lot get bigger tanks... that's all, you would never see a player with 100 battles driving a tier 8 premium.. in Warthunder you need a specific amount of level to get it, wot not... that's a big problem that we see all of us every day....

What pisses me mostly is:

Let's say I play really well and I have 7 kills... and then  suddleny your team fails that much that you loose...FIRST you get not much exp and money... (Type59 win match 4 kills around 70k .... lost match around 25k) so you play really well and you get punished because of your team...
That is not fair, and that's all

Bloody_Hell #9 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16290 battles
War thunder is still a beta but looks so great and things are so different.... Money and getting money from players is not the main objective of the game as here. Yesterday after 18 matches were I won only 6 although I was platooning and we are all good players I said stop and went to war thunder.  Players in WOT are 80% complete idiots and this affects everything, everything is too random there is no realism, if you are in the winning moment your team will crush the enemy with only 1-2 losses. But if the game decides you will loose you can do everything you can but the enemy will kill all, after 3 minutes you and your platoon mates remaining the only ones alive before being crushed too.

As long as WOT thinks only to their pockets people will continue to rage and in the end leave the game. From my clan there are constant 3-4 people playing War Thunder....

bushwacker001 #10 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles
I think your rose tinted specs may get a little cracked soon if you think you won't be spending money on WT....draw them in with sweeties then pick pocket when they are addicted!

Silentstalker #11 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16479 battles
So, uhm.... comparing PLANES and TANKS? Don't you think it might be a little... well... odd?

Also, this belongs to offtopic section.

Jyliac #12 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17895 battles
@AngelofLight

I totally agree with you... As I mentionned before, in november-december I managed to raise all my stats, and effi from 860 to 1040... but since january I get 80% of losses... and I can't do anything about it... I have an average of 3 kills per battle since one month but only losses... that depresses me so much

Edited by Jyliac, 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Ioituma #13 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10041 battles

View PostJyliac, on 05 February 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I get 80% of losses [...] I have an average of 3 kills since one month
Sure you do.

Pastaiolo #14 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles

View PostJyliac, on 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

@Pastaiolo, graphincs in wot are very nice, that doesn't require a chance for my taste...the ranking or levelling surely does, like that only players that are on the field for some time and played a lot get bigger tanks... that's all, you would never see a player with 100 battles driving a tier 8 premium.. in Warthunder you need a specific amount of level to get it, wot not... that's a big problem that we see all of us every day....

What pisses me mostly is:

Let's say I play really well and I have 7 kills... and then  suddleny your team fails that much that you loose...FIRST you get not much exp and money... (Type59 win match 4 kills around 70k .... lost match around 25k) so you play really well and you get punished because of your team...
That is not fair, and that's all

I got a gift plane in WarThunder just because i was in the closed beta as well, and i see there are other planes that can be bought with the "gold currency" WT have.

I don't know if those planes requires a certain player rank still.

Following your post, i find two things that do not work imho:

1) You are claiming that having a player rank and limits on tanks would make things easier. And yet, increasing the player rank requires nothing than playing and playing and playing, in short, it require time, not awesome performances in those battles. Which means that, even if i was a bad player, i would just need to grind and grind and grind, and soon or later i'll get my T10 heavy, and still play it as a bad player. This is what already happens in game. Some are willing to improve, and they do improve while they are grinding, some others just don't, which is why you see players with low win rate, average damage etc etc in high tier battles still.

2) You are generalizing about premium tank players being bad. I had episodes of players with few battles in a premium tank playing better than people with over 20k battles and still playing horribly in the same tank. Don't generalize, it's bad.

In short, starting as bad is normal, we all did, the difference kicks in whenever those people are willing to improve, which usually means communicating with your team, asking for advices, visiting the forum, looking for guides, hell, asking even in game.

If they don't do that, no matter what you will do, no matter how many ranks you'll put up, they will still reach it and perform the same.

rainmakerjg #15 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19918 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi all,

I play Wot since +- 10 months now, my effi goes up slowly but surely as I start to know how to play my tanks better and better...

what bothers me most in this gameis:

I have to say that I'm amazed... really... you earn exp, and yourself as player can level up not only in nations but also yourself... and there is the point.... Wargaming please have a look on ow the graphics in that game are, ans please have a better look at how they have managed to make the tech trees with experinece...

IF you could implent this somehow in Wot it will be awesome.... till then I rather fight in the air than on ground with children... bots and... omg...

Ah yes btw, I managed to have 150+ wins... and suddenly Ionly get teams where in the 4 first minutes they suicide and there is no chance to win the match.... In 1 month my effi went up from 860 to 1040... ok Im average but I try harder and harder but it is depressing only to loose and not get what you deserve as if you would have won the match...

Please WG consider this email and have  a look...

Best regards

No tanks mate. No tanks :)

How do you want to compare? I don't like planes. I am not playing WoW.
As fa as I am concerned WoT is only one available option for tanks fans.

Remember times when people were trying to convince that Mechwarrior Online will be better. And? Let's just say I was in beta test for 1 day. Boring. Kind of quake with big robots.

Coming back to subject. No tanks mate :)

You want to quit WoT - do it. Spare your time for playing amazing new game with no tanks.

Someone said - useless topic.
Yes. It is useless.

Hawker_gb #16 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34605 battles
  • [TESLA] TESLA
I hope all noobs will go to warthunder.

kikox #17 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17378 battles

View PostDing760, on 05 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

I don't understand how some people cant be very one-sided. Think of the other side too mate.

OK so I'm on the enemy team against you. I want to win and you want to win too, so what decides which one of us will win? Skill of course! And sometimes a tiny hint of luck (admittedly your shell accuracy is pure luck,but skill should compensate for that if you are decent enough).

Most of the time the lack of skill is the simple answer why ALL of us lose, simply speaking we got bested by a better player or else made a bad mistake while playing ourselves. This game has 50% winners and 50% losers for every 30 players in a battle.

Remember the game is not biased, just you...the player!

I hope you understand what I mean and happy hunting!  :Smile_Default:

I think he meant that even if you do happen to play well you will be punished by having a bad team which makes your team lose including you. So even if you are good no one would ever know and losses aren't very rewarding even if you carried the whole team. I must admit that WoT isn't really rewarding good players as much as it should.

Paaranoja #18 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 31993 battles
  • [DAVAI] DAVAI

@ Ding that's not one sided... If your whole team is dead and you're alone against 7 tanks left same tier as yours... you have no chance to take them out, especially when thex surround you... nobody can dothat (OK if you stay in a corner and you are so SKILLED that you can make bounce every shot let's say from 4 tanks... but nobody can do that or please show me a prfo and I'll never talk about that again....

Doesnt that same thing happen to the other team too? Dont they also have nabs and retards? If they have 15 noobs, and your team has 14 + you, it is you who can decide the game...

sorry, there is just no way anyone can say winning or loosing is based on luck. There is no way i would play a game where the game decides for me....

Paaranoja #19 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 31993 battles
  • [DAVAI] DAVAI

View Postkikox, on 05 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

WoT isn't really rewarding good players as much as it should.

gibberish

rainmakerjg #20 Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19918 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postkikox, on 05 February 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

I think he meant that even if you do happen to play well you will be punished by having a bad team which makes your team lose including you. So even if you are good no one would ever know and losses aren't very rewarding even if you carried the whole team. I must admit that WoT isn't really rewarding good players as much as it should.

it applies to all teams in the game - means nobody should win

Also tagged with wot, warthunder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users