Jump to content


T-43 underpowerd?

T-43 gameplay

  • Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

Foxfort #1 Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3601 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011
Hello all.

  After I enjoyed playing with T-34/85 I was very disappointed with T-43. I feel like it's A-20 gameplay style all over.
Since T-43 is VII class that means most my enemies are from VII to IX class. And with T-43 you just don't stand a chance against all those opponents.

  Medium tanks means: medium speed, weak armor and high powered gun. This T-43 has medium speed, weak armor and weak gun for Heavy and super heavy tanks. I found some guides on how to play with T-43 and those guides are all old, much has changed.
Guides says: Don't be in first line, be in second line of attack and FLANK attack.

  Problem is that my D5T-85M can't penetrate side armor of IS-3,4,6,7,8 tanks.(and other nations similar class tanks) I don't want to talk about their frontal armor at all. Most of my hits to side armor of above tanks to a turret and hull means "We didn't penetrated their armor" and "Penetration!"  with no effect on their health status.Even if I somehow damaged them it's only around 4% to 12% of their health,then they fire around three shots at me and I'm dead. So I can't penetrate them, even if I have 60% hit ratio with T-43. I can't act as a scout because I'm too slow.

  Worst of all is with T-43 fully upgraded means repairs will cost around 9500+ silver/credits. When you lose a fight you can even end up losing silver/credits. This all means T-43 is even worse then A-20.

  I must say to stay away from russian medium tanks. T-54 and T-62 looks like well balanced tanks, but A-20,T-43 and maybe T-44 can only bring you very poor experience of WoT.

My advice is for the best WoT experience just play with Heavy Tanks from beginning.


Thread moved to more appropriate forum.

---Orree

Kazadar #2 Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13204 battles
  • 672
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012
You forgot about the fuel tanks in the front of the tank.
The T-44 is a pretty decent tank imo.

knocker21 #3 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 51062 battles
  • 455
  • Member since:
    05-03-2012
I agree with all of what you have said

I am 30,000 XP away from the T44 and can not wait to get rid of the 43, the sad news is that the T44 might not be much different

Strv #4 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 25216 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010
try vk3002. it's even worse, though, admittedly, is the only german medium tank that is not just a td with a turret.

StillF_Hostile #5 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17160 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

View PostKazadar, on 08 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

You forgot about the fuel tanks in the front of the tank.
The T-44 is a pretty decent tank imo.
You mean the ability to get ammoracked from the front? You cant even engage tier 5 tanks reliably, some bad luck and your 1100 hp is zero in less than a second. Got ammoracked over 10 times through the grind, mostly thanks to low tier germans (high critical damage guns).

bennydederde #6 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16479 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    09-30-2011

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hello all.

  After I enjoyed playing with T-34/85 I was very disappointed with T-43. I feel like it's A-20 gameplay style all over.
Since T-43 is VII class that means most my enemies are from VII to IX class. And with T-43 you just don't stand a chance against all those opponents.

Well this tank has no strong point nor weak points. You can see how good this tank is preforming on the link followed below. It is one of the better medium tanks preforming on that tier.

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

  Medium tanks means: medium speed, weak armor and high powered gun. This T-43 has medium speed, weak armor and weak gun for Heavy and super heavy tanks. I found some guides on how to play with T-43 and those guides are all old, much has changed.
Guides says: Don't be in first line, be in secend line of attack and FLANK attack.
Well you still have to concider witch tank you are currently driving. If youre high tier you can drive more on front then we youre facing high tier tanks. But this tank can flank.

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

  Problem is that my D5T-85M can't penetrate side armor of IS-3,4,6,7,8 tanks.(and other nations similar class tanks) I don't want to talk about their frontal armor at all. Most of my hits to side armor of above tanks to a turret and hull means "We didn't penetrated their armor" and "Penetration!"  with no effect on their health status.Even if I somehow damaged them it's only around 4% to 12% of their health,then they fire around three shots at me and I'm dead. So I can't penetrate them, even if I have 60% hit ratio with T-43. I can't act as a scout because I'm too slow.

Well the is series have good side armor. And you have to shoot between or just above the wheels to pen. The armor belt near the top is really bouncy dont shoot there from the side. With other nations side you shouldn't have this problem, well except for the medium american like pershing and patton they have some behavour like this somethimes.

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

  Worst of all is with T-43 fully upgraded means repairs will cost around 9500+ silver/credits. When you lose a fight you can even end up losing silver/credits. This all means T-43 is even worse then A-20.

Thats playing higher tiers get use to it. Wait until you get to the german heavies like Ktiger.

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

  I must say to stay away from russian medium tanks. T-54 and T-62 looks like well balanced tanks, but T-43 and maybe T-44 can only bring you very poor experience of WoT.

Well........ are you freaking nuts; the t44 and higher are very driveable tanks, let alone not the best mediums in the game. I still kept mine t44 it is a very good tank. If you think this tank sucks reconsider you drivestyle.

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

My advice is for the best WoT experience just play with Heavy Tanks from beginning.
well...




http://blog.noobmeter.com/

Adrian1 #7 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27779 battles
  • 1,045
  • [ZULUL] ZULUL
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011
Used to be a joy to drive before they took the gun...

triggerbunny #8 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17543 battles
  • 1,177
  • [FIFO] FIFO
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011

View PostAdrian1, on 08 February 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

Used to be a joy to drive before they took the gun...


I never understood why they did that :/ Wouldn't have said it was OP with it....

Edited by triggerbunny, 08 February 2013 - 05:09 PM.


Kazadar #9 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13204 battles
  • 672
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostStillF_Hostile, on 08 February 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

You mean the ability to get ammoracked from the front? You cant even engage tier 5 tanks reliably, some bad luck and your 1100 hp is zero in less than a second. Got ammoracked over 10 times through the grind, mostly thanks to low tier germans (high critical damage guns).
No the fact that the driver sits on a fuel tank. I caught fire so many times from shots to the front.

Mr_Burrows #10 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47322 battles
  • 2,124
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012
I liked the T-43. Even considering buying it back someday. Mobility is good. Armour is decent. Gun is (actually) OK-ish. Add a good crew and you can have very fun.

Guywithnoname #11 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13753 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
Maybe you can try to make passiv scouting... or catch the arty after you have an idea of ennemy position? donno just trying to help... :Smile_confused:

Sumichobo #12 Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33114 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
For me T-43 and Vk3002DB weren't so bad, but T43 was and still is underpowered. Only thing bad on DB is penetration. The T-44 is really good though, fast, maneuverable, small...

Zszywacz #13 Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9321 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
You forgot to mention that the gunner sits outside and every arty splash kills him...

T-43 is the definition of average when it comes to medium tanks. No particular strenghts, no particular weaknesses (except for module/crew damage which is insane!).

thomiek #14 Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25922 battles
  • 28
  • [ROACH] ROACH
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011
I really liked that tank. Seemed neat. I remember turret being very bouncy/absorbent. If I remember correctly I have highest win ratio in it (+100 games played).

wims80 #15 Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10801 battles
  • 4,611
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012
Fairly good tank imo. I'm very often top tier, rarely do I see tier 9  tanks.

mikrobiks #16 Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34676 battles
  • 61
  • [_MOS_] _MOS_
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
i need buy it for T-44, need more calmness :)

Mr_Burrows #17 Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 47322 battles
  • 2,124
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

View PostFoxfort, on 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

(snip)
My advice is for the best WoT experience just play with Heavy Tanks from beginning.
(snip)

I already replied, but just want to add something. You got 1400 battles, roughly, and are already at tier 7. Maybe, just maybe, you should ease down a bit and not rush through the tiers?
After more than 16 K games I can honestly tell you that it does not get much more fun than tier 6. And since you compare the T-34-85 with the T-43, I had a look at your stats. You are aware that you have just about the same WR on both?

Heavy tanks are a bit overrated nowadays, due to the amount of premium ammo in-game. Most are quite clumsy and a bit on the boring side. Mobility on the other hand is never a bad thing, meaning that a medium can sometimes even be better than a heavy. If I was to start over, I would not steer clear of medium tanks at all. I would, however, not grind the Soviet line/s so hard, but get myself a PzIV with derp gun, the SU-100 with 122, and the VK3601(H) with the short 88. (And the AMX ELC, but that one takes a lot to master). I would also pretty much forget about anything past tier 7. This game does not get "better" or "more fun" once you get to tier 7-8-9-10. It just costs you more, and you fall into the trap of spending gold.

Since you enjoyed the T-34-85, why not just keep on playing it?

Firecam #18 Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27974 battles
  • 1,416
  • Member since:
    10-22-2011
T-43 with the new 85 mm is a nice tank, especially compared to German counterparts. It has very nice (bouncy) armor. I was just grinding through to get to T-44 yet I ended up with best results out of any tier 7 medium.

Foxfort #19 Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3601 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

View PostMr_Burrows, on 08 February 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

I already replied, but just want to add something. You got 1400 battles, roughly, and are already at tier 7. Maybe, just maybe, you should ease down a bit and not rush through the tiers?
After more than 16 K games I can honestly tell you that it does not get much more fun than tier 6. And since you compare the T-34-85 with the T-43, I had a look at your stats. You are aware that you have just about the same WR on both?

Since you enjoyed the T-34-85, why not just keep on playing it?

It's hard to say I'm rushing through tiers because I'm playing WoT since closed beta. After wipe I started again.Two years I'm playing wot, but not very often, but for last two months I started to play more often. I've noticed that after so much fun with T-34/85, T-43 is not fun to play with. It needs better balance.  :Smile_mellow:

I have T-34/85,I will continue to play with it.  :Smile_glasses:

rodier #20 Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Banned
  • 8636 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
im now on T-43 and ist same..  its rubbish..  yes its faster and agile..but KV1 gun on it? and 14k exp to get same as previous tier? that I call upgrade...

they should made  that t34-85 gun mountable withtou turret and add some better (like t-150 have) after turret.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users