Turret Numbers for Clans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

humpel #1 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14168 battles
  • [R_A_C] R_A_C
First off - I'd really like to post this in the designated area, but hence I have to have a total of 50 posts (which I obvioulsy don't have) to be unlocked for the Suggestion Forums, I'll have to post it here and hope I mod stumbles over it.
So, dear mods, if you read this please put this thread where it really belongs.
Thanks in advance.

That said I'd like to suggest the following:

During WW2 and even during the Cold War Era up to today armies throughout the world used to mark their tanks not only with their national emblem but also with turret numbers so you knew which tank belongs to which unit.
So I thought it would be a nice gimmick for Clans too.

Imagine the following:
The Clan Leader organizes his members in platoons and groups, assigning platoon an group leaders. These guys have their soldiers assigned.
Nothing new so far.
This structure may be already common within the clans but with introducing turret numbers to the game it would both make the game visually more realistic and allow to show which platoon/group you play in.
3 or 4 digits should be way enough for this.
Assigning turret numbers could be done manually by the Clan Leader in the Clan Management area.
You would be able to organize your members in platoons and groups as stated above or just use the turret numbers as member counter.

I don't know whether it's easy or difficult to implement, but I thought I'd give this idea a shot.
I know it's just bling but I think it would be nice though.

What do you think about it?
Nice idea or totally useless?

Suggestion forum rules have been set, and are the reasons this thread will not be moved into the suggestions forum.
Seeing the amount of positive replies on this one, I moved it to the Off-topic discussion, as it doesn't belong in Gameplay instead of closing it.

Regards,

Kr4zy

Edited by Kr4zy, 10 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

Kazomir #2 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 15268 battles
Yeah That would be nice, just the clan selects a number and applies it on the turret, something like the clan emblem, but bigger.

Arntor #3 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16389 battles
  • [PR-11] PR-11
I am currently working on a mod, which replaces the inscriptions with turret numbers, maybe this would help you, althoug it is costly, I know.

humpel #4 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14168 battles
  • [R_A_C] R_A_C

View PostArntor, on 09 February 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

I am currently working on a mod, which replaces the inscriptions with turret numbers, maybe this would help you, althoug it is costly, I know.
nah, don't wanna make each of my Clan members pay for this
An implementation from WG would be nice since you already have to pay for making a clan.
Unlocking the turret numbers for gold in the clan management might be an option. You (the clan itself) pay once - let's say 1000 gold - and then assign custom numbers to all of your members
that's they way I have in mind

Edited by humpel, 09 February 2013 - 01:10 PM.

ApocalypseSquad #5 Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26236 battles
An error occurred
You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Sorry OP....

aboch #6 Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37837 battles
very good idea, no doubt!