Jump to content


Rude players


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

Phartz #1 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7029 battles
  • 12
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

*
POPULAR

Hi All,

I play this game and love it. I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care. This is a game, and I enjoy it. I am disappointed at the amount of 'noob' slagging and general aggressive chat comments. Its a game remember. We were all 'noobs' once. Plus people are slagging 'noobs' with high tier, non premium tanks. They are obviously not new players. 'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.

I find the use of the term 'retard' disgusting, I bet the people that use it have no family members with learning difficulties or mental illness. They have no idea how upsetting this term can be when used as an insult. Shame on them.

The amount of rude and aggressive comments is childish, patronising and very bad gamesmanship and achieves nothing. Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off? I certainly would not advise a young person to play due to all the 'adults' being thoroughly unpleasant.

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

Most of all please remember this is a game, we are here to have fun and make friends.

I'm sure many of the replies I get will slag me off, this is what I have come to expect from many WoT players, but I hope some do agree with me and we can try and make the game a better, friendlier place to be.

Thread is more about social manners than WoT game play.  Thread moved to more appropriate section of the forums.

---Orree

Superior_Firepower #2 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37264 battles
  • 30
  • Member since:
    03-27-2012
You right, nothing to add!

MajGenMus #3 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7131 battles
  • 649
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011
I tend to think you need to have a tough skin to both play this game, and post on a forum about the game.
Ignore them, they get off on being petty and trying to waggle their e-peen at you.
Have fun, do you best (to your own satisfaction) and keep coming back here - the more "reasonable" people the better.

Oh, welcome to the asylum :Smile_great:

lavaboy #4 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15313 battles
  • 2,347
  • Member since:
    05-05-2011
No one likes to lose, especially when they think it's someone else's fault

Have a +1 for stating how I used to feel though, before I developed a thicker skin and went to the dark side myself on occasion.

Don't get me wrong, I agree completely with you and I'm not defending ingame abuse, but I can certainly understand it now I have more experience in this, and other online games.

Phartz #5 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7029 battles
  • 12
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Thanks guys!!

reaper20k #6 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13084 battles
  • 807
  • Member since:
    08-26-2012
F@#k Off noob!

Joking. Yup it's excessive. But with so many idiots being given Internet access its never going to change. My advice either turn off chat (mod on curse.com) or play with a clan. At least you can lighten the mood and have a laugh with people u like.

singgeek #7 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3090 battles
  • 92
  • Member since:
    01-20-2013
I totally agree. Unfortunately I got my fair share (I play spgs often).
+1 (my quotq for + is reached apparently so will do tomorrow)

Hristosko #8 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
Yeah but when you tell someone to cap and the entire team does so too, and keep shouting at him to cap and he just goes to search for arty and you lose because time is over, how do you call that individual? (not necessarily a retard)

ArchJudge #9 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24194 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    07-11-2010
Good thing Wot doesn't have a built-in voice for random battles

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9...006_700b_v1.jpg

Lanarius #10 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 9153 battles
  • 93
  • [DEBAT] DEBAT
  • Member since:
    12-09-2010
It has gotten worse in my opinion, since the Beta more and more people with a let's say "very negative mindset and attitude" have entered this game. That's normal, but the amount that actually offends and annoys you, has become almost unbearable (Thank wg for the ignore system). The number of noob, uninstall the game etc go play tetris and stuff. euch noone seems to be able curse right anymore, instead they turn normal terms into offensive ones.

I almost never play this game alone, because it's not funny anymore. I did back when it was in CB and we haven't had that feature yet.

My advice: Get yourself a platoon-buddy and make fun of the ridiculous rage some people let out. I got to admit, sometimes I am an Arsehole myself, but usually they just don't get my sarcastic comments, get butthurt and when you team up for that it gets even better ;)

Stieger11 #11 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 28157 battles
  • 1,154
  • Member since:
    12-18-2010

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hi All,

'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.


Yes they can, if they are the top tanks.



If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

Guess what, I tried many times, and what happened?
- apparently nothing
- got answers like: "STFU", "F*ck off noob" etc.


Phartz #12 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7029 battles
  • 12
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostStieger11, on 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

I agree Steiger11, I see your points. As for the second point you make I think I didn't explain myself well. I mean't to say that if most people on the team talk tactically and fight as one you should suceed. I too have tried and been ignored or got similar comments that you did!

Landwarrior #13 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11029 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    07-27-2011
I do not think i could have put it better. You have my full support with this. to the contrary i believe you will have a lot of support more than you thought you would have. the use of those words and the context thereof anger me intensly. i am very guilty of my responses to these persons but i am working on that . as you say it is a game and we are here to enjoy it. that i do emensly as here cheating is very dificult and a lot of control is practiced here.i thank you for your great post. enjoy your gaming.

Ast3lan #14 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10885 battles
  • 1,264
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011
Dude, train Social Level V / Advanced Skill Level 5 and Social Carapace Level V and you are more then ready for this game.

I advise you to train Ignore Skills and Sarcasmus until level 4 at the very least, they will help to push the Take-the-chat-with-a-pinch-of-salt skill to an aditional +15% .

Phartz #15 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7029 battles
  • 12
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostLanarius, on 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

It has gotten worse in my opinion, since the Beta more and more people with a let's say "very negative mindset and attitude" have entered this game. That's normal, but the amount that actually offends and annoys you, has become almost unbearable (Thank wg for the ignore system). The number of noob, uninstall the game etc go play tetris and stuff. euch noone seems to be able curse right anymore, instead they turn normal terms into offensive ones.

I almost never play this game alone, because it's not funny anymore. I did back when it was in CB and we haven't had that feature yet.

My advice: Get yourself a platoon-buddy and make fun of the ridiculous rage some people let out. I got to admit, sometimes I am an Arsehole myself, but usually they just don't get my sarcastic comments, get butthurt and when you team up for that it gets even better ;)
I tried to join a clan but couldnt see how too (yes I'm no expert at this game!). I tried creating a clan but there are only two of us in it! Clans sound great but I have yet to experience them. Any advice on joining or getting more folk in mine would be appreciated!

Boendal #16 Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8874 battles
  • 515
  • [EASY] EASY
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

The amount of rude and aggressive comments is childish, patronising and very bad gamesmanship and achieves nothing. Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off? I certainly would not advise a young person to play due to all the 'adults' being thoroughly unpleasant.

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

You obviously have not seen enough games, where you try to help your team, you say what should be done, still there is a f*cking lemming train going on, you lose 15:3 in 3 minutes and you have all 3 kills...and that's nothing unusual, that's almost standard random battle :) its not even fun to play against such teams and steamroll them 15:3, I prefer balanced games where its competitive to play...its just so frustrating, that I completely understand the verbal diarrhea in chat...

Platypusbill #17 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 25545 battles
  • 3,548
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
I do not call people noobs- I do, however, question their play (lemmingtrains, camping base, etc).

But generally, trying to educate others ingame is fairly hard to do because one or several of the following apply:

-They don't speak English
-They don't read chat
-They tell me to STFU
-Giving tactical advice through text chat whilst driving a tank is horribly slow and clumsy.

Also, most noob calls come from people looking for an excuse because they screwed up themselvees.

Edited by Platypusbill, 10 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.


Paskal0kki001 #18 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22312 battles
  • 1,153
  • [-RMP-] -RMP-
  • Member since:
    06-26-2012
Well it´s this old thread again.

Yes people are harsh and bully others.

Why don´t people advice etc. others , because no one listens the first 2-3 thousand times you try it so people give up and just call others rXXards and go to garage and click battle on other tank.

Welcome to online gaming.

Jaageri #19 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29909 battles
  • 160
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
Good post!

I would like to apologize to all i've offended during and the future battles that have not deserved them!

I do mostly fire my words for teamshooters, teampushers, chat spammers or people who behave badly...so they can keep my curses...

IPaul72 #20 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8123 battles
  • 1,603
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Hi All,

I play this game and love it. I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care. This is a game, and I enjoy it. I am disappointed at the amount of 'noob' slagging and general aggressive chat comments. Its a game remember. We were all 'noobs' once. Plus people are slagging 'noobs' with high tier, non premium tanks. They are obviously not new players. 'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.

I find the use of the term 'retard' disgusting, I bet the people that use it have no family members with learning difficulties or mental illness. They have no idea how upsetting this term can be when used as an insult. Shame on them.

The amount of rude and aggressive comments is childish, patronising and very bad gamesmanship and achieves nothing. Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off? I certainly would not advise a young person to play due to all the 'adults' being thoroughly unpleasant.

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

Most of all please remember this is a game, we are here to have fun and make friends.

I'm sure many of the replies I get will slag me off, this is what I have come to expect from many WoT players, but I hope some do agree with me and we can try and make the game a better, friendlier place to be.
Hello there Phartz
Thank you for your post and topic.
I agree with what you have said, Infact I can say without doubt the whole of the regional community teams agree with you.
We are at the moment making more positive steps to make this a better place to be, in the community forums, as well as in the game.
I for one, know that we can change this and make it better. However, this is not an easy task, A lot of planning, trials and a few errors may take place before we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Although in the sence I agree you must have a thick skin in order to be able to be part of this community, I also think (without rose tinted specs) it doesn't have to be this way.
I do think though, there is more good than bad within this community. The threads that are a plea for help prove this, but there is only one way this will be fixed and this is if we all work together.
Its the main reason why I first, started as a moderator, And second took on this role as a community coordinator.
Kind Regards
IPaul72
P.s. lets keep this topic free of profanity and abuse please.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users