• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

satnikray #201 Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10656 battles
  • [BFFC] BFFC
I know what the problem is;
Its just kids who dont care about the game itself, only to play with tanks!
I suggest that WOT starts billing players for this game, so we can get ridd of these noob players who just dont care baout the nature and thoughts behind this game, as it is a team-play game overall, and that should be always first for players!
Who doesnt like that, well BUGG-OFF!

SO W.O.T. PLEASE START BILLING PLAYERS TO SAVE THIS GAME, THE FUN IS OVER!

St0ne_Monkey #202 Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20442 battles
It's an online game 75% of the players are subserviants in RL so when they get the chance in an anonomus enviroment they are  rude agressive bitches because they are pussies in RL.

HassLappen #203 Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18238 battles

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Most of all please remember this is a game[...]

So is chess or football and people playing it are usually trying to understand the game mechanics. Why don't you?

Try to imagine where all the hate is coming from. Granted, WoT has one of the worst and aggressive communities of all time. But personally I didn't receive much hate Ingame at all. Try to make an educated guess why you're probably quite often at the receiving end of all the people talking smack. You're like the fat guy playing football at gym class. You've been put into defense but you're causing one goal after another making your team lose at the very end.

Edited by DerReuter, 01 March 2013 - 08:50 PM.

MadNick #204 Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29716 battles

View PostSt0ne_Monkey, on 01 March 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

It's an online game 75% of the players are subserviants in RL so when they get the chance in an anonomus enviroment they are  rude agressive bitches because they are pussies in RL.
Yea and you all alpha all the time.

GaleForceSix #205 Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18815 battles
  • [DAVID] DAVID

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about people who don't know how to play (yet). I'm complaining about people just not caring. They are selfish because they do not care about winning or losing, while that is what WoT is about. There is in my opinion no better feeling you can get in a videogame than managing to win a tough battle by having good coordination, tactics and teamwork. And contrary to common believe, it IS possible in randoms. If only people tried.

I play for fun too mate, but my definition of fun seems to be different than all these randoms for who fun seems to be pissing other people off on purpose.

And lastly I honestly do not care about my winrate. I care about the quality of gameplay. What's more fun? Winning a battle 15 - 0, or losing 14 - 15?
The second one of course. I'll gladly lose to a team that played better than me. I HATE losing because I just didn't have a team to begin with.

Absolutely this.

Someone suggested two tiers of games - if you were put into high WR or Low WR matchmaking groups dependent on your current WR it would have an overall averaging effect on most players WR.

What is required is for those with WR of 53%+ automatically get allocated into a high WR player MM system so consistently well above average players WR good quality team mates and good quality opponents - so they have good games and a good challenge.

Players below say 47% WR would be autoselected into a low WR MM pool where they would be pitted against other people who have yet to grasp the concepts of how to play the game effectively.

Those in between the cutoffs should be able to choose whether to take high or low MM and get a 10% modification to rewards depending on whether they choose easy or hard mode

VeryRisky #206 Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 18317 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Clearly complaining about rude players is off-topic.  

However rudely complaining about bad players isn't as is allowed in gameplay-discussion.

Falafel #207 Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7955 battles

View PostDerReuter, on 01 March 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

So is chess or football and people playing it are usually trying to understand the game mechanics. Why don't you?

Try to imagine where all the hate is coming from. Granted, WoT has one of the worst and aggressive communities of all time. But personally I didn't receive much hate Ingame at all. Try to make an educated guess why you're probably quite often at the receiving end of all the people talking smack. You're like the fat guy playing football at gym class. You've been put into defense but you're causing one goal after another making your team lose at the very end.
I strongly disagree. Care to elaborate, because I dont think that WoT community is even close to the worst ones (I blame EA and its puppets)?

Edited by Falafel, 01 March 2013 - 10:54 PM.

wormseal #208 Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6247 battles
Hi Phartz
+1 for BMW E60 Headlight.  :Smile_great:

HassLappen #209 Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18238 battles

View PostFalafel, on 01 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I strongly disagree. Care to elaborate, because I dont think that WoT community is even close to the worst ones (I blame EA and its puppets)?

Bear in mind that all F2P-titles tend to have really bad communities. The more popular the worse it gets.

And nope, allthough let's say the BF3 playerbase is quite bad it definitly isn't as bad as the playerbase of WoT - in terms of average skill and behavior. And curiously enough that does say something, doesn't it.

200T #210 Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5836 battles
Men have insulted men for thousands of years. Men have taken insults by men for thousands of years. I'm not stopping now an be a puxxx... YOU'R the puxxx (see what I did there? ;))

Racismn is another thing, though. I report raceismn. But if someone calls me a idiot or retard, what do I care? *lol* (funny fact: it only ever happened two times)

CaptainMastiff #211 Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25623 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC

View PostBritannkic, on 01 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

If XVM shows up a 43% E-100 then maybe you can forecsst that one player isnt going to rampage. But the number of times that 'sea of red' wipes out the enemy team is almost as often as the number of times they get wiped out.

XVM only tells you averages. It doesnt differentiate between the crap first 1000 battles and the last great 1000 battles. Granted your player with 20k battles who is still red doesnt bode well but the 43% E-100 and 20k battle reds are not the majority

You must be playing a different game then,

When I see Tier Xs with under 4k games, under 45% GWR and sub 1,000 efficiency you know they will be shit.

You even see them with 20,000 + games, you should really expect that after 8,000 games at least you've been able to recover your GWR.

Tugnut #212 Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20318 battles
  • [XCEL2] XCEL2
well did not say anything other than to get as many to report the player. We had a player not team killing he would stop before then but was team dmg all his team. did not want to kill him my self so pushed him out so the enemy killed him before he dmg any one else. but with soo many games full of these Noob idiots or what ever you want to call them players are going to get wound up and vent on most of there games as you see players like above more and more in games and if its not them then its 3 or more AFK/Bots.  you want to stop the abuse WG needs to be more hefty on getting rid of the chaff that ruin players gaming :/

basin79 #213 Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles
I'm terrible at being rude in game. I know I shouldn't but it's hard not to with so many numb players. The amount of times I've died going over to a flank that's got little or no cover is ridiculous. This game is starting to punish team players now. You'd be better off just following the lemming train. At least you'd damage some before getting killed. It shouldn't be like this. Another example of numb players. A T34, T29 and KV5 all camping at base. They didn't do a thing to help out. It's no wonder people get mad  It's about time WG listened and put into practice what some have suggested here. 2 tiered games. Those that want to play as a team. And those who don't give a shit.

As from now though if we get beat I'm just going to congratulate the opponents and quit to the garage.

Tichy67 #214 Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11340 battles
Don't you love it when a grumpy medium driver announces "we lose" after 3 seconds, then your team end up winning 15-3 with you being the top scorer >1k and him being 2nd worst scorer with 3 hits out of 17 shots? :D

After that grumpy announcement I advised him to drown himself, and remarked that nothing tops a good motivational speech. The irony was lost though^^

But then, one game later on same map a stupid T-50 tried to push a JPz4 into the open. He was killed, everyone was cool about it and we won. After battle I checked the ingame stats of the T-50 driver. 2300 battles with 45% win rate. And I think hmm, I always think that I'm not a top player, everyone makes dumb moves, shoots the strongest point on enemies, goes into a clear spot with 6 enemy guns pointing at you, misses clear shots and whatever. But being constantly bad requires a certain quality, or short attention span.

But my rule of thumb is - if someone from your own team calls the team noobs he ends up in bottom 3rd of exp received. I just ignore that. It usually helps more to be friendly to your fellow players.

Just be nice to everyone else and it works out.

Edited by Tichy67, 05 March 2013 - 07:17 PM.

rubenruben44 #215 Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6936 battles
Sometimes I rage also. Mostly when I get a 10 loss streak, or getting attacked/pushed out by a teammate. I know that I am not a great player, but there is thank god a difference between bad and rude players.

He_from_Norway_ #216 Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24700 battles
  • [NEI] NEI
Guide for randoms that work for me really:

1. Expect everyone that you stick with is bad (know its harsh, but it works)
2. Dont expect anything from anyone you stick with... if you see a T30 with 1hp left and a T54 about to shoot him, expect him to miss or get a 0% and kill steal if you can, just to be sure.

3. Platoon whenever you can, there is no reason to not do.
4. You can count on luck sometimes in this game, crossing a field covered by a couple of enemys... hope they miss, get a 0% or bouche.

I follow this and appearently gives me 54% WR :)

Edited by R4F431, 07 March 2013 - 09:16 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users