Rude players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

reaper20k #101 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13084 battles

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

While you're here I'd like to say something to WG (or a representative in this case).

We don't say "offensive" things to people because we like it. Really, we don't get a kick out of it. Just try to see our point of view. The frustration of giving 100% of yourself to make it a good battle, and your team doing jack isht because they don't care. That's more offensive to me than anything anyone has ever said to me in my life.

Stop doing specials and events that only benefit the utterly moronic. Don't forget who made WoT such a succes by constantly providing feedback on what needs to improve, by dedicating livestreams and youtube channels, by training hard to make WoT a real competitive Esport able to be featured at the world's biggest Esports event, which was after all just one huge advertisement to win over the asian market. Who does WG send gaming journalists too to get some proper company battle experience to write about? Enough said.

wow I'm surprised there's room for you and your ego in that post. Half the problem is complete nubs with no clue shouting as soon as they are dead, but the other 50% is the elitist's who think your out to ruin there WR with bad play or a mistake. I've seen plenty of top rated clan members yours inc mouthing off in randoms. What do you expect from potentially you and 14 random people with possibly a massive difference in ability?  Sorry but until we get WG to give us ranked MM (never) stick to company battles and clan wars to avoid masses.

Sithilid #102 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13625 battles
Some of you people take this GAME far too seriously.

Yes I sometimes get a bit peeved with the needless, pointless rage and insults in chat. There is no solution to this, other than accepting it as yet another inconvenient facet of reality - like rain on your day off or party political broadcasts. Acknowledge, dismiss and move on.

At the other end of the spectrum, you have the 'experts'. They know how you should play this game and you should play it just like they do. Got bad stats? Well you should be ashamed! You need to be put in some sort of 'special needs' category where you don't annoy the creme elite. Well guess what people, some people are better at things than others - fact of life.

I'll gladly put my hand up and say I'm no great player, but I enjoy myself, do my best, and do what I can. I respect my fellow team mates and try not to let them down. I don't like rage spammers, but I don't like condescending folk who look down on others either. You think pushing a few pixels round a screen with more success than someone else makes you a demi-god? My dog licks his own arse, but I can't. Does that make him smarter than me?

I like to get helpful hints, and I can take constructive criticism in good humour, but I can't tolerate condescension. You want to be respected? Then show some respect.

watson_1234 #103 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5463 battles
hey :) i just finished a battle in my Caernarvon and towards the end of the battle there was an IS-3 player in my team who starting having a go at our team basically because we weren't playing the game the way he wanted us to.
He was telling me to move forward into the town on sand river and i ignored him and played the game the way i wanted to, the way i thought was best and the most fun for me to play. because the Caernarvon is not a brawler tank its a sniper and if i had did what he had said i would probably have ended up dead.
(note this was after he ended up dead with no kills)
so after we all ignored him he started calling us all fu***ards etc. all the usual rubbish so i decided to ignore it and leave him be in his own angry little world but what really annoyed was that after the battle i got a PM from him calling me a "joke" and a little "sh**cu*t".
and luckily I have the screenshots on my steam cloud to prove it.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=126483035

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=126483219

there is no need to get so angry and abusive at other players. after all it is just a game.

(a game that i really happen to like XD)

Edited by watson_1234, 11 February 2013 - 12:11 PM.

Sgt_Guffy #104 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22915 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIndy_Bones, on 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Having viewed the video, this is what I saw:

KV-1 slams the brakes on, teammate gets damaged by action - not even an apology in chat about it, so already rude behaviour...

KV-1 realises that one flank isn't well enough covered, but doesn't bother asking for help or draw any attention to it through map pings (even if it was ignored, this should have been done).

Was then horribly indecisive in positioning, when in fact taking high route would have been the better option to begin with (after deciding to cover west flank), as can cover mid and west flank at same time to some degree.

Poor map knowledge displayed after Pz4 is killed by Grille - did he really think he could go down that slope!?!

Lucky to then not de-track when going down hill up against B1

Very little need to aim due to gold derp shell usage.

When called a camper it's actually hard to argue here (in some aspects) - as since when is a KV-1 designed to sit near base? It should have been leading an assault, not messing around at base (As in should have asked for support instead of putting the KV-1 into a job it's not the best at). I agree with the fact that a necessary defence was there, but team should have been given the chance to do so, in order to free the KV-1 elsewhere.

"I held a line on my own", yes against TWO tanks (1 of which is awful (B1), and both of which nearly killed the Grille anyway), it's not like it was wagon circle at the Alamo was it?

"Maybe they're going to flank me from behind", it really took that long to consider the possibility???

Not to mention how the enemy then loses the plot and sends their badly injured Churchill against the KV-1 solo instead of the other one leading with the injured one begin giving fire support.

That game was lost by the enemy, not won by the KV-1's good play.

Against more competent foes, the KV-1 would have been a smoking wreck, but they couldn't co-ordinate an attack to save their lives, and probably didn't expect a gold derp KV-1 either...

Really not a good example all ways round IMHO, even if the KV-1 player is a decent player from a stats perspective.

Hindsight can be an unforgiving mistress.  :mellow:

Bloody_Hell #105 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16290 battles
  • [BJI] BJI
I think you Phartz  are not a noob you are a new player, those that call you a noob are just idiots. My advice for you is to try and take your time with the tanks, learn small tier tanks and then advance to bigger ones, the higher you go the chances of meeting good players are higher and this will not be in your benefit. You need to play smart and safe if you want to be good in the game, don't rush, don;t go on a lemming train just for the sake of it. Sometimes decaping means your team has time to win the game and you will make your stats better. To increase your hit ratio remember let the marker be as small as possible before you fire, derp guns need less distance, you need to be close to the enemy.

A noob is a player that has 700 rating after 7k-8k battles with a WN of less then 45%....

Edited by AngelOfLight, 11 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

MhUser #106 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles
for all players who think that when playing 'just a game' they dont have to try and contribute to victory

the ingame chat is also a part of 'just a game' so dont expect others to use it the way you like them to

and if you ever find some respect for other players and leave the 'just a game' way you'll find that the community is actually pretty friendly

like som1 else mention earlier in this thread:

View Postuberogre, on 11 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

You want to be respected? Then show some respect.

Fireflite #107 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9942 battles

View PostSt4n, on 11 February 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Maybe they don't get insulted very often because of the allready mentioned reasons, e.g. bad gameplay, bad teamwork, anti-teamwork (activly screwing others by stupid moves) and a lot more...

The exp/credits I lose because of stupid teammates are still not there after the game is over...
Would be the same as if your boss would tell you: "Hey, I pay you half your wages for the last hour. Why you complain? That hour IS over, start a new workhour."
Only because the game is over doesn't mean the effects of it doesn't carry on.

The mix of people's ability to play this game is very mixed, especially in random battles.
Sure, i have an idea of, what i think would be the best place to go, in that type of tank/arty/iron i'm currently using and with the setup of tanks from fellow players..
I may not be a "king-of-the-hill" player (i know i ain't), but i'm not in the lowest part of players either.

with reference to the experience i had with this particular player, i looked him up at noobmeter.com, and he was ranking from below average to bad ..in all aspects.

I doubt that 1 tank (in this case, me) can be the reason why everybody on my team looses, i think i know how to handle this tank - not great but at least not bad.

i rarely see a game lasting all 15 minutes, usually about 10 or so, then i've either lost or won with teammates' effort.
So your example with "½wage for an hour" falls a bit to the ground.

bean57 #108 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18721 battles

View PostMhUser, on 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

are there any players with enough brain computing power to achieve 50% win ratio that actually whine about rude players?

Err...I think you've missed the point.  Re-read the posts in this thread and you'll find it's mainly those finely tuned brains doing the insulting because us sub-50% WR players aren't good enough and let them down.

Yes I sometimes get a bit peeved with the needless, pointless rage and insults in chat. There is no solution to this, other than accepting it as yet another inconvenient facet of reality - like rain on your day off or party political broadcasts. Acknowledge, dismiss and move on.

At the other end of the spectrum, you have the 'experts'. They know how you should play this game and you should play it just like they do. Got bad stats? Well you should be ashamed! You need to be put in some sort of 'special needs' category where you don't annoy the creme elite. Well guess what people, some people are better at things than others - fact of life.

I'll gladly put my hand up and say I'm no great player, but I enjoy myself, do my best, and do what I can. I respect my fellow team mates and try not to let them down. I don't like rage spammers, but I don't like condescending folk who look down on others either. You think pushing a few pixels round a screen with more success than someone else makes you a demi-god? My dog licks his own arse, but I can't. Does that make him smarter than me?

I like to get helpful hints, and I can take constructive criticism in good humour, but I can't tolerate condescension. You want to be respected? Then show some respect.

Sorry used up my quota otherwise this would get +1 from me

Please avoid multiple posts one after another - use EDIT function instead.
/BigBadVuk

MhUser #109 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Err...I think you've missed the point.  Re-read the posts in this thread and you'll find it's mainly those finely tuned brains doing the insulting because us sub-50% WR players aren't good enough and let them down.

the point is that the players that whine about rude community are the ignorant ones that dont care about their teammates ('i play for fun' 'its just a game' bullshit) and they deserve the vituperation

MajGenMus #110 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7131 battles
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ
What? it's not just a game?  I'm not just having fun?
Are we all some form of unwitting army, battlng against a race of alien insect like killers, lets call them "Buggers"
Wow... I always wanted to meet Ender!!!

Erm... Get a grip!

Shnuks #111 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40825 battles

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

You two have 2k battles. Nobody is talking about you.

MhUser #112 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

View PostMajGenMus, on 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Are we all some form of unwitting army, battlng against a race of alien insect like killers, lets call them "Buggers"

Erm... Get a grip!

if you dont know what 'its just a game' and 'i play for fun' issues are and how they influence the gameplay of all of us pls use the search function to check who uses those terms and check his/hers stats

Edited by MhUser, 11 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

bean57 #113 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18721 battles

View PostMhUser, on 11 February 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

for all players who think that when playing 'just a game' they dont have to try and contribute to victory

the ingame chat is also a part of 'just a game' so dont expect others to use it the way you like them to

and if you ever find some respect for other players and leave the 'just a game' way you'll find that the community is actually pretty friendly

like som1 else mention earlier in this thread:

You're very sure of your ability to judge when people aren't trying aren't you?  Did it occur to you that perhaps they are trying as best they can, they're just not as good as you?  Is that a crime?

Look at my stats, they're not very good.  Yet when I roll out in to a battle I go out there to try and win every time - not to faff around or "goof" off as someone suggested.  I try and support my team mates as best I can but at the moment I'm doing a lot of dying and not much else and attract my share of the battle chat abuse as a result.  Maybe I'll get better maybe I won't but I'll defend my right to continue playing the game (and it is a right not a privilege as long as you abide by the rules) as long as I like and refuse to be put off by condescending intolerant whining by some players who think us below average players are somehow doing it deliberately to spoil their fun.

Shellman #114 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11229 battles
  • [FRUKT] FRUKT
I agree with you, Phartz! I do not like being called names, just because my last move was not the greatest. Its a game. Lets be good teammates!

Flinsenberger #115 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8035 battles
  • [OE] OE
When I get into many (like 3-4) battles in a row where my team totally blows it, I get rude as well.

When I do more than your own health as damage and have 3-4 kills (or more) and lose again and again, because that flank that was 5:5 two minutes ago gets wiped again, the rage will grow.

And when the rage gets big again, I will post rude comments on the chat (not calling people retard, btw. but "noobs" and "fools").
Which doesn't matter at all, because usually all the noobs are dead and gone by then.

EDIT:
By the way, i am rude to myself in chat as well when I blow it and know it.

Edited by Flinsenberger, 11 February 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Cuddly_Spider #116 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Sorry used up my quota otherwise this would get +1 from me

I still got a green left for him.

View PostShnuks, on 11 February 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

You two have 2k battles. Nobody is talking about you.

Someone has to have less than 50% winrate for anyone at all to have more than 50% winrate. This is mathematics, fact. Number of battles don't change that.

View PostMajGenMus, on 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Erm... Get a grip!

I've told you before - this is the tanks forum. We don't do reasonable here.

SargeFIN #117 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27320 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

You're very sure of your ability to judge when people aren't trying aren't you?  Did it occur to you that perhaps they are trying as best they can, they're just not as good as you?  Is that a crime?

Look at my stats, they're not very good.  Yet when I roll out in to a battle I go out there to try and win every time - not to faff around or "goof" off as someone suggested.  I try and support my team mates as best I can but at the moment I'm doing a lot of dying and not much else and attract my share of the battle chat abuse as a result.  Maybe I'll get better maybe I won't but I'll defend my right to continue playing the game (and it is a right not a privilege as long as you abide by the rules) as long as I like and refuse to be put off by condescending intolerant whining by some players who think us below average players are somehow doing it deliberately to spoil their fun.

http://forum.worldof...d-contributors/

That is a good topic to check out. Especially those youtube links. There are lots of tips and hints what kind of things you should do with different tanks and in different maps. I'm not condescending you or anyone else but those videos will definently improve your gameplay if you watch them and put those things in use. And yes. Even the "expert" or "creme" or whatever you call good players watch them and try to fine tune their gameplay with those hints.

I hope you find some nice viewing from those links and get some new pointers how to be even more efficient team player. Gonna go those links through myself if there is something new I've missed when I get home from work.

Siegfryd #118 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9600 battles
All who act like this are simply kids, as most know kids are little gnomes who think that they are the best in the world, every single kid :p, if there is no kid act like this then this is simply adult person who dont grow enough x.x

But this not solve the problem...oh well for me knowing this is important because i dont even pay attention anymore on that kind of persons, they are simply usseles, they know only how to insult nothing more.

Pls expand the ignoring list to bazzilions ;P and not include in mm persons i have on ignore list, i can wait for battle 5x time longer if that happen but i'm sure that i dont meet anymore kids from bazzilions ignoring list :p

Edited by Siegfryd, 11 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

MhUser #119 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

no1 will rage at you if you are trying

but for example camping behind arty with IS-3 even when your team said that you are top tier and a brawler and you should move forward and explained in detail how and why is not trying - its just beeing plain ignorant or stupid or both

if you realize that your not a good player thats good for you
i sugest you use the 30 before the battle and ask for advice and do what good players tell you to do. every 1 will profit from it and you wont receive any comments about how noob you are etc.

but there are also players that dont realize that they ruin the games and DO NOT listen to adivce EVER

Cuddly_Spider #120 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View PostMhUser, on 11 February 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

no1 will rage at you if you are trying

You obviously haven't been playing World of Tanks.

but for example camping behind arty with IS-3 even when your team said that you are top tier and a brawler and you should move forward and explained in detail how and why is not trying - its just beeing plain ignorant or stupid or both

Or simply bad. You get bad people playing. You know what? They are on the opposite side as often as they are on yours. In fact they are more likely to be in the opposition, statistically, because there are 15 spare slots there and 14 spare slots on your team. That's the mechanism behind the higher winrate some people enjoy.

if you realize that your not a good player thats good for you
i sugest you use the 30 before the battle and ask for advice and do what good players tell you to do. every 1 will profit from it and you wont receive any comments about how noob you are etc.

but there are also players that dont realize that they ruin the games and DO NOT listen to adivce EVER

I've posted about this here. Please, link me to where you have offered someone constructive advice. Give an example of your attempt to help other people improve. It's so rare, particularly from elitists, that it's practically unheard of for helpful and friendly advice to be available to people who are... what was it? Ohh... "siema" (such a friendly place). It's almost always "l2p noob".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users