Phartz #22 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7038 battles
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ

View PostIPaul72, on 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hello there Phartz
Thank you for your post and topic.
I agree with what you have said, Infact I can say without doubt the whole of the regional community teams agree with you.
We are at the moment making more positive steps to make this a better place to be, in the community forums, as well as in the game.
I for one, know that we can change this and make it better. However, this is not an easy task, A lot of planning, trials and a few errors may take place before we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Although in the sence I agree you must have a thick skin in order to be able to be part of this community, I also think (without rose tinted specs) it doesn't have to be this way.
I do think though, there is more good than bad within this community. The threads that are a plea for help prove this, but there is only one way this will be fixed and this is if we all work together.
Its the main reason why I first, started as a moderator, And second took on this role as a community coordinator.
Kind Regards
IPaul72
P.s. lets keep this topic free of profanity and abuse please.
Hi IPaul72,
Thank you for your reply, its good to know that positive steps are being made. Luckily I have a thick skin so these people do not 'hurt' me, I feel its just so unnecessary and taints what is a fantastic gaming experience! I will keep playing and would like to be an active member of the community. I'd help in any way I can to improve this for everyone. Hopefully the nice quiet minority can speak out and challenge the bad behaviour of others!

Cheers

Steve (Phartz)

imperiumgraecum #23 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 64586 battles

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I am disappointed at the amount of 'noob' slagging and general aggressive chat comments. It's a game remember. We were all 'noobs' once. Plus people are slagging 'noobs' with high tier tanks. They are obviously not new players. 'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.
"Sorry to break your bubble, but NO, many people never passed from the NOOB state; instead, they were NEWBIES, that learned the game well, and became good players. The NOOBS you are referring to, are these endless hordes of players with 10k+ battles on their belt, that consistently go on scouting with their JagdE100, go in the open with their ultra-slow heavy tank against 4 arties or simply camp, because they like the view from their cosy little bush. And trust me, one or two NOOBS can certainly lose the game, just as easily as an entire team."

I find the use of the term 'retard' disgusting, I bet the people that use it have no family members with learning difficulties or mental illness. They have no idea how upsetting this term can be when used as an insult. Shame on them.
"Now that's just plain stupid. If one had a homosexual relative or with a Down Syndrome, would he/she also be offended by the words (Moderated) and "mongoloid?(which are also used extensively in this game). Besides, the term "retard" has an actual meaning in WoT. It stands for UNABLE TO LEARN, ACT INDEPENDENTLY, CONDUCT A LOGICAL SEQUENCE OF MOVES. Like the NOOBS you were referring to, in the paragraph above."

Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off?
"Because of this Dunning-Kruger Effect, everything else is futile"

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late.
"If I want my team to win, I get another 2 friends in a platoon and we sweep through the enemy base, the rest of my team are (most of the time) bound to fail "

Most of all please remember this is a game, we are here to have fun and make friends.
"Many people have fun, make friends and play battles, with a decent performance, at the same time"

I'm sure many of the replies I get will slag me off, but I hope some do agree with me and we can try and make the game a better, friendlier place to be.
"I do not "slag off" people, but I don't agree in most of your points either. Thus, expect an argument showdown, hoho  :glasses: "

EDIT: it seems there are some people suffering from Butthurtulosis today

Edited by CarlR, 30 April 2013 - 03:03 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. ~CarlR

JohnTunstaII #24 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22019 battles
Team of 15 players ? Just explain me your feeling if top tier tanks died like ******** and lowest tier tanks in game did more then tops and you were one of them.
Really often this situation happens in tier X battles when tier X tanks are with 0 dmg for whole game ..... They had greatest responsibility as top tiers ,
I havent respect to them in this case , they need to know they are doing something(everything) bad because maybe they even didnt noticed , their team lost game because they ********everything up .

Morcatko #25 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41046 battles
People who actually won the game, cause they we able to gave more than e.g. 5 000 damage points, can be mad about n00b who is pushing you out of the bush/house or ruining aiming circle.

Yeah, you can get a job, work in a team of 15 co-workers and now imagine... You are working in a factory line and your 14 co-workers are working at 79%, but you are fine and satisfied with 50%. Great so you are slowing down whole line. Your co-workers hate you, because they are losing they money. You probably get fired.

And now... I just don't wanna to have Löwe (0k battles, 120eff, 43% WR) as top tier, I agree there is no point for insulting him by "assh**e, id**t,..." but n00b can describe that very well.

Problem is, that in random teams your 10 co-workers are under 50%, 2-3 about 55% and sometimes there is one 55%+.

Hanske90 #26 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23191 battles
  • [CUTIE] CUTIE

View Postreaper20k, on 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

F@#k Off noob!

Joking. Yup it's excessive. But with so many idiots being given Internet access its never going to change. My advice either turn off chat (mod on curse.com) or play with a clan. At least you can lighten the mood and have a laugh with people u like.

It's the idiots who cause the insulting. And oh yes turning off the chat that's a good idea, disabling all communication with your team. That's for sure gonna make you more loved by the good players.

"Why don't you guide us and teach us how to play, and give constructive critisism." HONESTLY?
You want us to tell you to not suicide rush like a moron or camp next to the arti and do jack isht all game? It's what we do all the time, and it's this critisizing that you guys take as offensive because you can't deal with the fact that someone plays better than you. I learned to play decently by myself. Why does everyone need a teacher to show him the way? Figure it out by yourself. It's a simply little videogame, not quantum physics.

But if you insist; check my signature for the link and check my YT channel. This is what it's for. Don't tell me I'm not trying to teach what I know.

And it's not only stupid players who get insulted. In the average random game I get buckets of poo slung at me just because someone recognises my tag and expects me to garantee a 100% win, which isn't the case. "Oh so these are the famous pirates, apparently you guys suck, fooking noobs PTS!" Nevermind that I did more damage on my own than the rest of the team combined, and the guy insulting usually did nothing at all. Do I go on the forums complaining? Grow some skin and deal with it.

Morcatko #27 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41046 battles

View PostSpinee, on 10 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

+1 from me, I actually report most people who call me or other players noobs and other insults. That's how much I hate seeing insults in game.

I've checked your stats and you are one of the special n00bs I'm afraid of... I can't explain you what I'm afraid of exactly, because I don't want to hurt your feelings :-)

imperiumgraecum #28 Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 64586 battles

View PostMorcatko, on 10 February 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I can't explain you what I'm afraid of exactly, because I don't want to hurt your feelings :-)

Dunning-Kruger Effect.

You don't need to say anything more to him.

Phartz #29 Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7038 battles
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

It's the idiots who cause the insulting. And oh yes turning off the chat that's a good idea, disabling all communication with your team. That's for sure gonna make you more loved by the good players.

"Why don't you guide us and teach us how to play, and give constructive critisism." HONESTLY?
You want us to tell you to not suicide rush like a moron or camp next to the arti and do jack isht all game? It's what we do all the time, and it's this critisising that you guys take as offensive because you can't deal with the fact that someone plays better than you. I learned to play decently by myself. Why does everyone need a teacher to show him the way? Figure it out by yourself. It's a simply little videogame, not quantum physics.

But if you insist; check my signature for the link and check my YT channel. This is what it's for. Don't tell me I'm not trying to teach what I know.

And it's not only stupid players who get insulted. In the average random game I get buckets of poo slung at me just because someone recognises my tag and expects me to garantee a 100% win, which isn't the case. "Oh so these are the famous pirates, apparently you guys suck, fooking noobs PTS!" Nevermind that I did more damage on my own than the rest of the team combined, and the guy insulting usually did nothing at all. Do I go on the forums complaining? Grow some skin and deal with it.
You can't expect everybody to be at your level. Well done for being a great player and I'm being sincere when I say that. Maybe you should be a bit more forgiving of less able players, I'm sure you made mistakes when you were starting out. Some may even be children. You could argue that children shouldnt be on a game like this, their parents should stop them etc but the fact is they maybe and I as an adult wouldnt want to risk upsetting people who may be playing to the best of their ability. I can take anything thrown at me insults wise, so I'm not going on a forum and moaning. I'm voicing an opinion and seeing if others agree. I respect your opinion 100% though.

Zebenzui0 #30 Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4120 battles
  • [ACE_2] ACE_2

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 10 February 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Dunning-Kruger Effect.

You don't need to say anything more to him.

That's a bit much. He didn't even claim to be a good player, just that he doesn't like to be abused.

View PostIPaul72, on 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

P.s. lets keep this topic free of profanity and abuse please.

Calebos #31 Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22007 battles
As someone stated earlier when someone screams something to a teammate its usually out of frustration.

Like a match earlier today where we had all the top tiers on one flank and other flank lightly protected by me and another low tier.
[Me] "Guys this flank will need help"
[Me] "Ok we have spotted 3 of their top tiers incomming, we will need some help from at least one more"
[Me] "They are breaking through, need defenders to base Asap"
*Dead*
[Me] "Ok 2 surviving damaged top tiers incomming to our base, could someone prevent cap please"

We lost the match even with all top tiers intact, we held the weak flank for almost 5 minutes and during that time not one of them responded or reacted.

At that point you really just want to shout profanities to those people since its so Stupid and unnecessary loss.  :Smile_amazed:
You dont expect teammates to be pros, but some basic intelligence should be expected from people that have pressed the "battle" button for thousand of times.

Zamial #32 Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12192 battles

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

ummmmmmm :)

Spinee #33 Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16455 battles
  • [LOCA-] LOCA-
Deleted this post aswell due to too many negreps  :arta:

Stieger11 #34 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28236 battles

View PostSpinee, on 10 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

My stats are bad because I play on. 3 FPS, while others roam about with their 30 FPS. I also left for a year when game released and decided to come back and see how it was doing

Seriously, why do you play with 3 FPS??? Is it fun at all? Do you enjoy the slideshow?
Man... just why?

Rosetta_and_Philae #35 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50699 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
Crappy players or whatever you call em do deserve to face the wrath of the team if they are failing badly. Perform badly prepare to get the piss ripped outta ya(applies especially to higher tier players). Its life so suck it up  :Smile_trollface-3:

Shivva #36 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30060 battles
Gotta put my hands up and admit I have from time to time let loose with a barrage of rage at teammates for thier actions. Some of it justified and some of it frustration on my part. Tried to keep myself in check a bit recently though and my mate who I usually platoon with reckons that I'm playing much better when I don't vent as much.

HubertGruber #37 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 25765 battles
Its internet, who cares. I dont understand people who play online games and cant take few rough words. If its something really really unacceptable, like racial insults, holocaust related or whatever , report it. But petty insults, who cares...

Edited by HubertGruber, 10 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Cuddly_Spider #38 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View PostMorcatko, on 10 February 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

People who actually won the game, cause they we able to gave more than e.g. 5 000 damage points, can be mad about n00b who is pushing you out of the bush/house or ruining aiming circle.

Yeah, you can get a job, work in a team of 15 co-workers and now imagine... You are working in a factory line and your 14 co-workers are working at 79%, but you are fine and satisfied with 50%. Great so you are slowing down whole line. Your co-workers hate you, because they are losing they money. You probably get fired.

And now... I just don't wanna to have Löwe (0k battles, 120eff, 43% WR) as top tier, I agree there is no point for insulting him by "assh**e, id**t,..." but n00b can describe that very well.

Problem is, that in random teams your 10 co-workers are under 50%, 2-3 about 55% and sometimes there is one 55%+.

You are confusing a job with a video game.

That doesn't speak well to your life outside of WoT.

Spinee #39 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16455 battles
  • [LOCA-] LOCA-
3rd post deleted due to too many negreps  :arta:

wingofdead81 #40 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17975 battles
  • [NATA] NATA
Yes , there is a lot of rudeness in game BUT lets be honest there is also a lots of real noobs (not newbies) who can barely drive their tanks. And in that process they often ram you or hit walls,rocks etc...I do not even want to talk about shooting, using cover or relocating.
There is no point to try talking with them to achieve team play (tried it, no use) so I understand players frustration after days and days of games like that.
And sometimes I can not refrain from bad words. But real problem are not "noobs" ( I do understand that maybe they are to young or have some physical and mental illness that prevents them to play better) real problem is WG who refuses to to introduce some kind of ranked matches. Same way as they do shit about TK. Money arrives and that is only thing that interested them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users