Rude players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

dUG1 #41 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32996 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
OP, I was once idealistic, pacifistic, do-gooder like you.
But then I took an arrow to the knee, got thick-skinned and actually started playing online games TO HAVE FUN.
You read that right - to have fun, not for fun, like 95% of horrible and brain-put-on-standby players do in WoT.

You might ask - "dafuq are you talking about, I also play to have fun!"
Well, lets be honest - do you?

How many times did you end up on opposite side of the map with 10 tanks around you, done no damage and gotten your base capped?
How many times were you last on the post-battle exp list while being top tier tank?
How many times did you ignore pleads and pings from your teammates who knew how to play and what to do, thinking to yourself or even writing on chat "stfu", or "you are not my boss, noob"?
How many times did you push out your teammate in TD from his bush ambush, gave away his position by camping next to him, or simply shot him in the back?
How many times did you simply went afk?
How many times did you teamkill?
How many times did you...

Is that fun? You know, that sense of happiness and joy when you did good at something?

What I am trying to explain, is that this sort of behavior, which, by large part of WoT community, is considered "fun" and "I got every right to do so", causes all the rage and insults.

And while you may consider it wrong and bad (as do I), next time you see it, try to take a step back and see what could you do different if your teammate was pinging you to go back and defend the base, while you were buzzing around the field going buzz-brrr-pew-herp-da-derp, instead of helping him.

Trust me, that little, tiny step in your in-game behavior can be a drastic change between someone calling you a r----d, and telling you "wp mate, gg"  :Smile_blinky:

Ioituma #42 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10041 battles
I'm a very rude player. So?

Stieger11 #43 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28343 battles

View PostSpinee, on 10 February 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

I play because I enjoy the game, no matter how bad my performance is, I still try to do good.

It's not about your performance, but your PC and/or net connection.
You can't be good, if you see the game as a slideshow.

Danger_UXB #44 Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3895 battles
I agree with op in total...See my sig below :Smile_honoring:

Blubba #45 Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60997 battles
Sorry OP but whilst it would be nice to see, half the teams I have seen today have a penchant for suicide rushes, camping in open ground or the old 'straight up the middle' approach. Whats more, when you point it out to them, they say something in (insert language here), call you a noob or ignore you. Further more, these aren't low levels. These are tier 5-8 and in a few cases higher.
Now I'm sure we have all been 'noobs' or done noob-ish things but at tier 5?
Have they never fought that map before?
Tier 5?
How about tier 8?
If it was a premium, I can accept it but it rarely is.
I'm not defending people who shout abuse but my word, some people are just plain foolish if they think that as the last nine tanks going down that way died, surely their tenth one will make it....
The list goes on but frustration and stupidity are particulaly efficient ways of bringing out the insults.
If these people can get up, get dressed and get themselves off to wherever on a daily basis, how on earth do they make the same mistakes over and over in this game, day in, day out?

Spinee #46 Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16500 battles
  • [LOCA-] LOCA-

View PostStieger11, on 10 February 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

It's not about your performance, but your PC and/or net connection.
You can't be good, if you see the game as a slideshow.

My connection is great, just my FPS sucks. My ping is no more than 150, on average 60

Shnuks #47 Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 40825 battles

View PostdUG1, on 10 February 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

OP, I was once idealistic, pacifistic, do-gooder like you.
But then I took an arrow to the knee, got thick-skinned and actually started playing online games TO HAVE FUN.
You read that right - to have fun, not for fun, like 95% of horrible and brain-put-on-standby players do in WoT.

You might ask - "dafuq are you talking about, I also play to have fun!"
Well, lets be honest - do you?

How many times did you end up on opposite side of the map with 10 tanks around you, done no damage and gotten your base capped?
How many times were you last on the post-battle exp list while being top tier tank?
How many times did you ignore pleads and pings from your teammates who knew how to play and what to do, thinking to yourself or even writing on chat "stfu", or "you are not my boss, noob"?
How many times did you push out your teammate in TD from his bush ambush, gave away his position by camping next to him, or simply shot him in the back?
How many times did you simply went afk?
How many times did you teamkill?
How many times did you...

Is that fun? You know, that sense of happiness and joy when you did good at something?

What I am trying to explain, is that this sort of behavior, which, by large part of WoT community, is considered "fun" and "I got every right to do so", causes all the rage and insults.

And while you may consider it wrong and bad (as do I), next time you see it, try to take a step back and see what could you do different if your teammate was pinging you to go back and defend the base, while you were buzzing around the field going buzz-brrr-pew-herp-da-derp, instead of helping him.

Trust me, that little, tiny step in your in-game behavior can be a drastic change between someone calling you a r----d, and telling you "wp mate, gg"  :Smile_blinky:

THIS!

I cannot stand the "fun" argument. So my idea of fun is killing my teammates then its alright? If i take my tier 8 premium on an offroad excursion of the surrounding hills for fun, while the rest are actually trying to kill the enemy or capture the base (you know, the point of this game) is that alright? I mean if you play tennis with someone and instead of using the racket you try to kick the ball, the other person would be pissed since you're not playing tennis, but since you're having fun who cares, right? WRONG. The purpose of the game is to win either by killing everyone or by capturing the base. And for me, that's the fun part. To try to win, best the enemy, use teamwork etc.

Hanske90 #48 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23191 battles
  • [CUTIE] CUTIE

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

You can't expect everybody to be at your level. Well done for being a great player and I'm being sincere when I say that. Maybe you should be a bit more forgiving of less able players, I'm sure you made mistakes when you were starting out. Some may even be children. You could argue that children shouldnt be on a game like this, their parents should stop them etc but the fact is they maybe and I as an adult wouldnt want to risk upsetting people who may be playing to the best of their ability. I can take anything thrown at me insults wise, so I'm not going on a forum and moaning. I'm voicing an opinion and seeing if others agree. I respect your opinion 100% though.

This isn't about less able players. I'm well aware that I was a complete and utter newb for at least my first few thousand battles.

It's the attitude. I've (rightfully) been called a noob, idiot, retard or whatever when I started playing. But instead of going on the forums crying about how someone offended me by saying something rude I tried harded to not give anyone a reason to call me an idiot. Does it ever occur to these idiots that people call them idiots BECAUSE THEY PLAY AND BEHAVE LIKE IDIOTS?

Because they are so goddamn selfish that their mere presence is a big fook you to the rest of their team?

Because having 41% winrate really does mean you're a liability to the team because the only way to get that kind of winrate is by being afk, teamblocking, suicide rushing, camping in base and generally not giving a poo about being on A TEAM with 14 other people? (that is of course, if they arn't just bots)

Because all the above mentioned nowadays seems to be considered "cool"?

Maybe chris rock can explain it better than me: LINK removed
Just replace ************ and black people with randoms and teamplayers.

Please take moment to look at this set of rules:
Spoiler                     

You are issued read only status on forum for violating them
/BigBadVuk

Cuddly_Spider #49 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Because they are so goddamn selfish that their mere presence is a big fook you to the rest of their team?

Because having 41% winrate really does mean you're a liability to the team because the only way to get that kind of winrate is by being afk, teamblocking, suicide rushing, camping in base an not giving a poo about being on A TEAM with 14 other people? (that is of course, if they arn't just bots)

That's not selfish. That's the game. Some people are better than others.. so what? You wouldn't get your winrate high if it wasn't for people playing who were not very good at the game. You'd find the grinds harder and longer.

You understand this? You'd actually win less.

Complaining that bad players cause people to lose more is like complaining that a famine is leading to obesity.

Falerion #50 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17126 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 10 February 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

That's not selfish. That's the game. Some people are better than others.. so what? You wouldn't get your winrate high if it wasn't for people playing who were not very good at the game. You'd find the grinds harder and longer.

Complaining that bad players cause people to lose more is like complaining that a famine is leading to obesity.
Who said winning less is a bad thing in this case? I'd enjoy a good battle where the entire team gave it their best to try to win, i don't mind losing that at all.

It's infuriating however, when half the team parks their tank in a corner of the map, oblivious to what is going on around them. Those people are rightfully burned to the ground. I genuinely hope people like that lose the fun in their battles and quit the game because of the verbal abuse they receive. Either that, or a ranked MM. Splitting the playerbase in half is more than enough. 1 league for the noobs, newbs, "I play for fun" excusers and people who are still learning (they can use the rest for target practice) and the other half with the people who make an effort to win.

Hanske90 #51 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23191 battles
  • [CUTIE] CUTIE

That's not what I'm saying. I'm not complaining about people who don't know how to play (yet). I'm complaining about people just not caring. They are selfish because they do not care about winning or losing, while that is what WoT is about. There is in my opinion no better feeling you can get in a videogame than managing to win a tough battle by having good coordination, tactics and teamwork. And contrary to common believe, it IS possible in randoms. If only people tried.

I play for fun too mate, but my definition of fun seems to be different than all these randoms for who fun seems to be pissing other people off on purpose.

And lastly I honestly do not care about my winrate. I care about the quality of gameplay. What's more fun? Winning a battle 15 - 0, or losing 14 - 15?
The second one of course. I'll gladly lose to a team that played better than me. I HATE losing because I just didn't have a team to begin with.

Stieger11 #52 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28343 battles

Should we say a "Thank you" to bad players?
Good players (you know who can drive his tank, can hide, can hit the enemys weakspots etc.) are good just because there are a bunch of untalented player? Bad players make it possible to be good, right? (not the learning, practicing, testing... the will)

Hanske90 #53 Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23191 battles
  • [CUTIE] CUTIE

View PostIPaul72, on 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hello there Phartz
Thank you for your post and topic.
I agree with what you have said, Infact I can say without doubt the whole of the regional community teams agree with you.
We are at the moment making more positive steps to make this a better place to be, in the community forums, as well as in the game.
I for one, know that we can change this and make it better. However, this is not an easy task, A lot of planning, trials and a few errors may take place before we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Although in the sence I agree you must have a thick skin in order to be able to be part of this community, I also think (without rose tinted specs) it doesn't have to be this way.
I do think though, there is more good than bad within this community. The threads that are a plea for help prove this, but there is only one way this will be fixed and this is if we all work together.
Its the main reason why I first, started as a moderator, And second took on this role as a community coordinator.
Kind Regards
IPaul72
P.s. lets keep this topic free of profanity and abuse please.

While you're here I'd like to say something to WG (or a representative in this case).

We don't say "offensive" things to people because we like it. Really, we don't get a kick out of it. Just try to see our point of view. The frustration of giving 100% of yourself to make it a good battle, and your team doing jack isht because they don't care. That's more offensive to me than anything anyone has ever said to me in my life.

Stop doing specials and events that only benefit the utterly moronic. Don't forget who made WoT such a succes by constantly providing feedback on what needs to improve, by dedicating livestreams and youtube channels, by training hard to make WoT a real competitive Esport able to be featured at the world's biggest Esports event, which was after all just one huge advertisement to win over the asian market. Who does WG send gaming journalists too to get some proper company battle experience to write about? Enough said.

Ioituma #54 Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10041 battles

View PostHanske90, on 10 February 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Stop doing specials and events that only benefit the utterly moronic.
Imagine that, instead of the silly "get 10.000 credits for cap whoring" and triple xp they could make "get a 10.000 credit bonus and/or doubled experience for every battle where you get more than 2000xp (after prem modifier)"

We_Just_Dinged_Em #55 Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 17717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I just find raging in platoon only chat helps these days, it's very cathartic :)

I don't generally abuse specific players, it's ungentlemanly and not worth getting chat banned for.

I absolutely draw the line at people sending messages after the game has finished as well (unless it's to say Well done or GG etc.)

dUG1 #56 Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32996 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostIoituma, on 10 February 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Imagine that, instead of the silly "get 10.000 credits for cap whoring" and triple xp they could make "get a 10.000 credit bonus and/or doubled experience for every battle where you get more than 2000xp (after prem modifier)"

Better yet - "get 10000 credits and/or 500 exp bonus for being top-experience player on your team, no matter if lost or won battle".

Imagine all the whining, crying and raging from those same "special" individuals who foam at mouth and lick their screen while playing.
It would be epic.

deathnoise #57 Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18440 battles
retard (plural retards)

Retardation; delay.
    (slang, offensive) A person with mental retardation.
    (slang, offensive) A stupid person, or one who is slow to learn.

I think that this is pretty much accurate description of someone that has played thousands of games yet is unable to grasp the basics

Edited by deathnoise, 10 February 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Wet_Letice #58 Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21771 battles
I found alot of rude players today by simply saying "Hi im new to the game how do i turn on my headlights" while driving the jgtiger 88 some even reported me for being a noob...

Falerion #59 Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17126 battles

View PostWet_Letice, on 10 February 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

I found alot of rude players today by simply saying "Hi im new to the game how do i turn on my headlights" while driving the jgtiger 88 some even reported me for being a noob...
lol, that's such an obvious troll it's actually sad people fell for it ;)

shuhei #60 Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10384 battles
Welcome to the WOT community by far the worst community I have ever come across in any game both in game and on the forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users