• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

Sgt_Guffy #61 Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22915 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWet_Letice, on 10 February 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

I found alot of rude players today by simply saying "Hi im new to the game how do i turn on my headlights" while driving the jgtiger 88 some even reported me for being a noob...

:Smile_veryhappy:

+1 to Original poster. Nothing to add.  :Smile_Default:

bean57 #62 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18721 battles

View Postshuhei, on 10 February 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Welcome to the WOT community by far the worst community I have ever come across in any game both in game and on the forums.

Sad but true

Stieger11 #63 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28343 battles

Welcome to the WOT community by far the worst community I have ever come across in any game both in game and on the forums.

Well... life is hard when your avatar is a pink haired pony...  :Smile_smile:  :Smile_trollface-3:

PAKFA #64 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles

I agree. I've been playing online games for more than 10 years... close to 15 soon actually and I've never seen a Zoo of a community and player base like this.

Actually it has got so bad lately that I started to aid this falling game and do a lot of ugly and bad things just so I can raise the issue to new levels, maybe, just maybe then, when the fire gets big enough those responsible (WG) would take action to stop this madness which should not happen in the 1st place, if they would have done the right thing from the beginning.

I have tried for almost 2 years with good deeds and patience, but that time is over, it doesn't work here that way, sadly...

vanz #65 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 21356 battles
One of my biggest wishes for World of Tanks is introduction of an automatic ban for everyone with less than 47% after 2k battles and like 48% win rate after 4k battles. Think of our nerves... For example few days ago, when i met this guy (from my memory something like ~650 battles with Comet, 33 kills and 48dmg/per battle). He doesn't know what cap circle is. He doesn't know that you can't shot through the house... I had to close down WoT and finally go try Warthunder. I regularly wish for an option to blow up computers of some players and brake their fingers, so they wouldn't be able to come back.....

I don't understand people like him. But well, even a hamster trained to press Battle would be able to win 1/3 of battles and this is percentage much higher than some retards playing this game would achieve in any other games. Cause seriously, what keeps you in this game? Regular insults don't help, only automatic purge would...

And to the guy playing with 3 FPS. Please for the love of god delete this game and play something your computer can run. Think of it as a favour to thousands of players. Talking about selfish...

If i do something bad, i get insulted also. And i accept it. I did a noob move, so i am a noob for that battle. Fine. If you get insulted every game, go figure. This game can be frustrating by itself with its +-25% pen. And when people with some brains see morons just driving in circles minding their own business, what can they do? Can they go and punch him, brake his fingers as wrote earlier? No, they can only throw some insults and move on. AND THATS WHY YOU GET INSULTED!! Not because players are rude but because you ARE a noob and retard!

Edited by vanz, 11 February 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Sgt_Guffy #66 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22915 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvanz, on 11 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

One of my biggest wishes for World of Tanks is introduction of an automatic ban for everyone with less than 47% after 2k battles and like 48% win rate after 4k battles. Think of our nerves... For example few days ago, when i met this guy (from my memory something like ~650 battles with Comet, 33 kills and 48dmg/per battle). He doesn't know what cap circle is. He doesn't know that you can't shot through the house... I had to close down WoT and finally go try Warthunder. I regularly wish for an option to blow up computers of some players and brake their fingers, so they wouldn't be able to come back.....

I don't understand people like him. But well, even a hamster trained to press Battle would be able to win 1/3 of battles and this is percentage much higher than some retards playing this game would achieve in any other games. Cause seriously, what keeps you in this game? Regular insults don't help, only automatic purge would...

And to the guy playing with 3 FPS. Please for the love of god delete this game and play something your computer can run. Think of it as a favour to thousands of players. Talking about selfish...

If i do something bad, i get insulted also. And i accept it. I did a noob move, so i am a noob for that battle. Fine. If you get insulted every game, go figure. This game can be frustrating by itself with its +-25% pen. And when people with some brains see morons just driving in circles minding their own business, what can they do? Can they go and punch him, brake his fingers as wrote earlier? No, they can only throw some insults and move on. AND THATS WHY YOU GET INSULTED!! Not because players are rude but because you ARE a noob and retard!

Er, and this guy is a Clan Diplomat?!  Ho hum...  :Smile_amazed:

Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 11 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

PAKFA #67 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles

I would consider self flagellation instead of forcing myself to such a horrible experience as to play with 3 fps or even below 20 for that matter, in any game. "Looking at a slideshow" is not a synonym for me with "playing a game"...

But hey everyone with his standards, I guess mine are just to high for some.

vanz #68 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 21356 battles

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 11 February 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Er, and this guy is a Clan Diplomat?!  Ho hum...  :Smile_amazed:
There is no diplomacy with retards in this game. And there shouldn't be.

Cuddly_Spider #69 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

One of my biggest wishes for World of Tanks is introduction of an automatic ban for everyone with less than 47% after 2k battles and like 48% win rate after 4k battles.

48%? You mean average?

You realize that the only reason anyone gets more than 50% is because someone else is getting less than 50%?

My biggest wish is for people to spend less time playing this game and more time doing their maths homework. For the love of crap it's not even advanced algebra or trig. It's elementary level.

View Postvanz, on 11 February 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

There is no diplomacy with retards in this game. And there shouldn't be.

Those "retards" can probably add.

Stieger11 #70 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28343 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 11 February 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

48%? You mean average?

You realize that the only reason anyone gets more than 50% is because someone else is getting less than 50%?

My biggest wish is for people to spend less time playing this game and more time doing their maths homework. For the love of crap it's not even advanced algebra or trig. It's elementary level.

48%
But after 4k battles!

There are always new guys... well those are who supposed to have lower than 47%-48% rate.

Cuddly_Spider #71 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View PostStieger11, on 11 February 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

48%
But after 4k battles!

There are always new guys... well those are who supposed to have lower than 47%-48% rate.

They generally don't play against the new guys, as the new guys play on different tiers (unless someone drops down to farm stats by playing newbies or starting a new tree).

The WR has to be below 50% overall on the server and it has to be lower than 50% in any particular group which stays together unless special conditions are met with regard to actual numbers of players (clanwars for example can have games of 15vs12 or so, which means that if the 15 players won the average WR would rise above 50% because that actually represents 15 won games and 12 lost games overall).

In any case, the idea of banning someone for losing one battle in 100 less than average and one battle in 50 under perfectly even is absolutely absurd in it's conception. Such a person shouldn't be throwing around the word "retard" with such glee.

Stieger11 #72 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28343 battles

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 11 February 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

They generally don't play against the new guys, as the new guys play on different tiers (unless someone drops down to farm stats by playing newbies or starting a new tree).

The WR has to be below 50% overall on the server and it has to be lower than 50% in any particular group which stays together unless special conditions are met with regard to actual numbers of players (clanwars for example can have games of 15vs12 or so, which means that if the 15 players won the average WR would rise above 50% because that actually represents 15 won games and 12 lost games overall).

In any case, the idea of banning someone for losing one battle in 100 less than average and one battle in 50 under perfectly even is absolutely absurd in it's conception. Such a person shouldn't be throwing around the word "retard" with such glee.

Well after the purge (or let's call it "skill based MM") they don't.
But it's just the method, after that the whole "system" would change. Betters would stay in the game (in their league), it's clear, their (or atleast most of their) win rate will drop to the average ~48% or even lower, there will be always better, bigger... (but the overall player quality would change from horrible to good)

But there are such things as companies, platoons... which can influence the "rightful" win rate of the person... so...

DrMonstaa #73 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11466 battles
Let me correct the OP, if i may. No we werent all noobs once. We were newbies. There is a difference. newbie is someone who has just made an account and is playing his loltraktor/pz2/pz3, with under 1-2k battles. Noob is someone who has fought many battles 5-6k and still doesnt know the basics of the game.
While i go easy on newbies and gigle when they make some silly mistake (many times i try to tell em how to do it correctly next time), when i see someone with 20k battles, going frontline with his arty, or falling off a cliff into water yelling "ME CATCH FISHY!", i go mad, as he is a complete noob.

By an average player.

Hanske90 #74 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23191 battles
  • [CUTIE] CUTIE

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 11 February 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

48%? You mean average?

Your argument of someone getting better winrate because others are getting worse winrate is complete and utter bullisht and has nothing to do with what we are arguing about in this thread. I've explained this a dozen times before and for my own sake I'm not going to repeat myself. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Very simply put: Quality before quanity. Random battles are about grinding and fun. I don't care how often I win. I care about How I win. I want good battles, not quick battles.

It's funny how these arguments always come from people with rubbish stats themselves. Could there be a connection between brains/attitude and ingame performance?

MrCaffeLatte #75 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8576 battles

View PostLanarius, on 10 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

It has gotten worse in my opinion, since the Beta more and more people with a let's say "very negative mindset and attitude" have entered this game. That's normal, but the amount that actually offends and annoys you, has become almost unbearable (Thank wg for the ignore system). The number of noob, uninstall the game etc go play tetris and stuff. euch noone seems to be able curse right anymore, instead they turn normal terms into offensive ones.

I almost never play this game alone, because it's not funny anymore. I did back when it was in CB and we haven't had that feature yet.

My advice: Get yourself a platoon-buddy and make fun of the ridiculous rage some people let out. I got to admit, sometimes I am an Arsehole myself, but usually they just don't get my sarcastic comments, get butthurt and when you team up for that it gets even better ;)

Back in CBT people would joke around in chat, mostly because komarin was such a camp fest that it was all you could do.

And because tier 5-6s hardly stood a chance against half the tanks they came against, so mass lols would ensue.

The profanity and crying now is a result of there being, IMO:
i) More obviously bad players with no willingness to learn, so both older and newer players become frustrated with them,
ii) More disrespectful players, no doubt less emotionally mature than most players who have been playing for a long time (i.e. a few years, not in terms of battles). I would assume that a more popular a game becomes, the lower the average level of courtesy drops (for many reasons),
iii) The game being out for longer with a lack of map variety, so seeing people go to the same spots, making the same mistakes over and over makes people more likely to get angry,
iv) XVM and the ease of seeing other people's stats/quantifying other people's playstyle success - it's so much easier to be insulting to a 45% WR 800Eff player who does something wrong than a 60%WR 1900Eff player who does the same thing. Before you had to check stats after the match to see their average xp or damage per battle, and by then you probably wouldn't bother opening a chat box with them.

Arttu #76 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46701 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostHanske90, on 11 February 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

It's funny how these arguments always come from people with rubbish stats themselves. Could there be a connection between brains/attitude and ingame performance?

Many of these people who are rubbish and stubborn do one thing right - they're critical towards the crowd, and attempting to think outside the box and proving their theories instead of just blindly following what's been said.

They just might have forgotten to be critical on their own actions too, which should be the priority of an intelligent player. Therefore they remain unable to fix their own gameplay mistakes, and keep being certain about their own superiority even when they barely meet the average (which is nothing to brag about).

So yes, there's certainly a connection... sometimes it works differently, though, it's certainly dependant on one's personality, but far too often the effects are bad.

Cuddly_Spider #77 Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

Your argument of someone getting better winrate because others are getting worse winrate is complete and utter bullisht and has nothing to do with what we are arguing about in this thread.

It had everything to do with the post I actually quoted. The one which specifically stated tossing out everyone with a low winrate of (gasp!) 48% after 4K battles. Don't react so precipitately.

Secondly, it's a mathematical fact. If you have X amount of something, and divide it by value Y, the amount of X still has to remain constant. You can't create more X, mathematically speaking, just because it's inconvenient to your argument.

I've explained this a dozen times before and for my own sake I'm not going to repeat myself. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Very simply put: Quality before quanity. Random battles are about grinding and fun. I don't care how often I win. I care about How I win. [/b]I want[/b] good battles, not quick battles.

Open your wallet and make an entire video game yourself. You can populate it with other ultraskilled people (literally dozens) and then play to your hearts content. But here in the real world adults need to make a living champ. The people who made this game are doing so to turn a profit. They can't just throw a vast swathe of the playerbase because a few kids have some growing to do.

It's funny how these arguments always come from people with rubbish stats themselves. Could there be a connection between brains and good ingame performance?

Could there be? Shall we shelve entry level exams to medical school and just get aspiring doctors to play world of tanks? Perhaps NASA should recruit from these forums as opposed to top universities? Maybe Yale and Harvard should hire WG to test their top students to see who really is the finest?

Or maybe someone is playing this game way too much? Maybe it's too important to them, and they use it to measure their own worth as a human being.

View PostStieger11, on 11 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Well after the purge (or let's call it "skill based MM") they don't.
But it's just the method, after that the whole "system" would change. Betters would stay in the game (in their league), it's clear, their (or atleast most of their) win rate will drop to the average ~48% or even lower, there will be always better, bigger... (but the overall player quality would change from horrible to good)

But there are such things as companies, platoons... which can influence the "rightful" win rate of the person... so...

If that happened (the purge) then the winrate of the best players would fall off dramatically as they effectively faced each other in battle more frequently. Another consequence would be considerably fewer matches (both because you'd cut the playerbase in size and matches would last longer), thus people would be queuing for ages to get into a match. You are correct in that the quality of gameplay from the players would improve though, no doubt. The average rank and file player is abysmal compared to most of the people posting here.

I've proposed a separate mode for people to have ranked battles in the past (here), along with a number of aspects to make the sorts of pro battles people want easier to create. It seems they are doing something like this and getting rid of companies.

MobiusOne #78 Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33487 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

LoL community is by far MUCH MUCH worse, both skillwise and behaviourwise

Cuddly_Spider #79 Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

Check out The Escapist sometime. That place is bad. If you survive that take a little wander around some of the old UT2004 communities which are still standing. The ashes from the flamewars of days gone by are still warm. BioWare and Bethesda have a moderation strategy which involves simply banning anyone who ever says anything that might be considered negative about their product. By contrast the Rainbow Six: Vegas forums had zero moderation that resulted in the place being overrun and controlled by malcontents who decided that anyone who showed up to offer praise needed to be trolled to hell and back. A torrid place. Cracked is shockingly terrible too. A forum dedicated to the worship of the articles now penned by the editor, with any criticism of said articles being subject to the vicious mercies of the adoring fans.

This place is actually kinda nice if you can learn to tune out the people who think they own the place. If you put effort into communicating things and aren't too confrontational the sizable majority of folks here will tolerate most things.

Nirvana #80 Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
Just as certain players retain the right to not use their brains, not to give any fudges about the team and to defy common sense when playing, I retain the right to tell them to do something funny with their genitalia for my own amusement. In fairness, everyone can do the same to me every time I do something retarded.

And if you get offended by every little thing said by a random dude sitting in front of a computer probably thousand of miles away, all I can say is tough luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users