Rude players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

Gloris #81 Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19748 battles

View PostPhartz, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care. This is a game, and I enjoy it.

This is the part that i don't like about your post.
You should care about you beeing bad, because it affects 14 other people, just like their flaming affects you.

You are able to speak english and you seem intelligent, why not try to better then you currently are doing?   
   Efficiency Rating: 599 (Bad) WN6 Rating: 351 (Bad) WN4 Rating: 405 (Bad)

That is really low, and as you see at the 44% it also affects your chance to win. (and 14 other peoples chances too)
But with less then 2k games you are pretty new and still learning, so there is hope for you young padawan ;p

This is a team game, and everyone should be trying their best, i know this doesn't excuse the flames, but just care and try your best, nobody is expecting you to go all hardcore and "pro-game" Wot, but you certainly can do better. Just look for guides, or watch what good players do ingame in case you get killed early, hey you can even ask some things in your Language chat (english is kinda spammy sometimes)  like "hey guys where can i shoot a <Tankname here> he bounces all my shells" most of the times you will get at least one decent answer.
The game will still be frustrating at times, but i just can't imagine that it is that much fun to get owned by everyone, trust me every time you outplay a Opponent who should normally beat you (higher tier, more hp left etc.) you will feel amazing.

Edited by Gloris, 11 February 2013 - 04:51 AM.

Radu6 #82 Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25391 battles

I play this game and love it. I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care.
Good for you. And I know exactly how deep implications the word "retard" has and that is exactly why i use it to describe certain people in this game. I'm actually taking the blame from them and putting it in on God. Because I don't believe there is truly a human being that can function normally, dress himself and act in a society like a normal human being and have a complete lack of any common sense in game (common sense, not skill). So I take it, they have some brain problems and someone who was kind enough (with him, not the others) put him in front of the pc and let him " go at it" a bit for fun. (his, not mine)
So if one it's not really someone as described above but still plays like one....I don't care if they get offended. Despite many differences between you and me, we have one thing in common, we are both carefree persons.

SargeFIN #83 Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27505 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

Hi All,

I play this game and love it. I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care. This is a game, and I enjoy it. I am disappointed at the amount of 'noob' slagging and general aggressive chat comments. Its a game remember. We were all 'noobs' once. Plus people are slagging 'noobs' with high tier, non premium tanks. They are obviously not new players. 'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.

I find the use of the term 'retard' disgusting, I bet the people that use it have no family members with learning difficulties or mental illness. They have no idea how upsetting this term can be when used as an insult. Shame on them.

The amount of rude and aggressive comments is childish, patronising and very bad gamesmanship and achieves nothing. Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off? I certainly would not advise a young person to play due to all the 'adults' being thoroughly unpleasant.

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

Most of all please remember this is a game, we are here to have fun and make friends.

I'm sure many of the replies I get will slag me off, this is what I have come to expect from many WoT players, but I hope some do agree with me and we can try and make the game a better, friendlier place to be.

"We were all noobs once". Yes. Everyone was a noob once. Some of them noobs have evolved into great players. Some of them are still noobs at tier 10 games with 17k etc matches under their belt. And they are horrible. Just plain horrible. Either they are those "I play for fun" players who ruin others games with their own actions or the lack of any action. Some of them have even got their tier 10 tanks by botting or being AFK. This is not their fault. This is WGs fault for not perma banning their accounts. And yes. Few noobs can definently lose the match for their team. Same thing as like two or three man platoon can win the whole match by themselves.

Retard is a pretty light insult regarding what you can see in the game chat or in internet generally.

"Why don't experienced players guide". Well because very many of them experienced players have tried to help and give guides and usually answer is something like "FU I PLAY HOW I WANT!" "I don't need you help so stfu!" etc etc. If you can't win them over your side you might as well join the boat and insult them for playing like crap and vent your frustration. Door swings in both ways in this issue so to speak.

It is very rare to see coordinated teamplay in randoms. You can see the answer in the previous chapter. In order to have coordinated play you have to join a decent tank company or when you play CW with you clan. Its easier to get 7 numbers right in a lottery than to have 7 random games in a row with a coordinated team or even slight effort to win.

I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for WoT community or chat during the games to become more friendly. It is what it is and the playerbase is just too big for that. You are going to have good games and bad games. Lot's of insults and few thank yous. So you might as well develop yourself a thick skin when it comes to insulting in a online game or you can just switch to another game.

Pe_tri #84 Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Here's one good examble video about rude players (2 medium drivers):

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=PqMlJ1Tf1j0

_FALX_ #85 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8028 battles
  • [ROPS] ROPS

Hi All,

I play this game and love it. I may not be a very good player, hit ratio 50%, but I dont care. This is a game, and I enjoy it. I am disappointed at the amount of 'noob' slagging and general aggressive chat comments. Its a game remember. We were all 'noobs' once. Plus people are slagging 'noobs' with high tier, non premium tanks. They are obviously not new players. 'one or two 'noobs' do not lose a game, lack of team work and constructive chat does.

I find the use of the term 'retard' disgusting, I bet the people that use it have no family members with learning difficulties or mental illness. They have no idea how upsetting this term can be when used as an insult. Shame on them.

The amount of rude and aggressive comments is childish, patronising and very bad gamesmanship and achieves nothing. Why dont experienced players guide and advise others instead of slagging them off? I certainly would not advise a young person to play due to all the 'adults' being thoroughly unpleasant.

If you want your team to win then talk tactically at the start and fight like a team rather than slag each other off when its too late. On the rare occasion this has happened it has been an easy win against an enemy who are just acting like 15 individuals.

Most of all please remember this is a game, we are here to have fun and make friends.

I'm sure many of the replies I get will slag me off, this is what I have come to expect from many WoT players, but I hope some do agree with me and we can try and make the game a better, friendlier place to be.
It's all about respect. I respect u and I will do my best so we both get the rewards wich come from winning. DO U RESPECT ME AND DO THE SAME? Are u going to support me from a position in which u have a LoS to the enemy tanks that are shooting me or are u camping way behind me waiting for them to finish me so u can open fire? Are u going to  light targets for me to shoot at or are u going to suicide rush at the begining of the battle? Are u going to turn when u see me alone on one flank and join me or are u going to ride the lemming train? Are u going to push me because I've taken ur fav spot ? Are going to shoot me because we've collided by accident? Are u going to shoot me just because at peek-a-boo I was on the inside spot and u had to wait a couple of seconds to shoot at the enemy? Are u going to platoon with a tank several tiers lower than yours? All this things have nothing to do with the numbers of battles u've played but with common sense. U think I should educate them in chat. How can u teach common sense?
Both in WoT and RL  I will call ppl that act like idiots for what they are and I hope for them to change their behavior or to find a friendlier place to be , far away from me.
And yes,I have used the word "retard" as an insult.  For me there are two different things , but I see how can somebody may be offended by this and I am truly sorry .

bean57 #86 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18721 battles

View PostHanske90, on 11 February 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Your argument of someone getting better winrate because others are getting worse winrate is complete and utter bullisht and has nothing to do with what we are arguing about in this thread. I've explained this a dozen times before and for my own sake I'm not going to repeat myself. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Very simply put: Quality before quanity. Random battles are about grinding and fun. I don't care how often I win. I care about How I win. I want good battles, not quick battles.

It's funny how these arguments always come from people with rubbish stats themselves. Could there be a connection between brains/attitude and ingame performance?

You should try being less arrogant then people may listen to you more.  But to start off I suggest you acquire a sense of perspective and stop equating proficiency at an online tank shooting game with greater intellect.  So you're good at WoT (you should be with the amount of time you've obviously dedicated to playing it), so what?  It's not like you're a chess grandmaster so get a grip on reality.

So other people aren't as good as you, so what?  You need to realise that no matter how long and how much you've played it It's not your game - it's for everybody who wishes to take part whether they've played 10 battles or 10,000.

And by the way, responding to an earlier point you made along the lines of "we don't want to be offensive to people but they make us".  Whatever way they act (in this game remember) you still have control over how you act.  Responding with insults and abuse is immature and offensive whichever way you try to justify it.  Do you act like that face to face in your everyday life?

Edited by bean57, 11 February 2013 - 10:34 AM.

St4n #87 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19511 battles
  • [WU36] WU36
1. According to XVM there are constantly more than "only 2 noobs" in the team...

2. Even one can destroy your game.
-> Me in tier 4 scout. We where close to a win and I'm still alive. Enemy had a KV3 and a T59 left so I decided to go for the cap. KV3 got killed and T59 turned back to the cap. Because it was a long way I was allready at 60 cap points...
An AMX 13 75 showed and destroyed the only cover in the capcircle by driving trough it. (these boxes with camonet). I tought nice move ****. Preparing for the T59 coming in I go behind a small ridge which doesn't cover me fully but may prevent the T59 from sniping me. So T59 showed... come close and drive curve to get arround the cover. I want to back up to let the ridge still between me and the T59. The exact same AMX 13 75 was directly behind me and blocked my retreat. I got killed.
So because of this **** I lost arround 70-80 cap points and got killed.

I called him the names he well deserved. I don't regret it and I don't feel sorry. Such players don't deserve to be nice to...

Edit: I know that the T59 maybe would have killed me if the AMX wouldn't be there, but my chances would have been much better without him.
T59 would have to destroy the cover himself:
- Wasting a shot and while he reload I would have gone behind that ridge so he can't snipe well.
- If he would have destroyed the cover by driving trough it I would have the chance to outmanouver him closerange, the same if he would have come closer to the ridge to get a clear shot.
-> If he would have killed me than I would give responsibility to either he got a lucky shot or me doing the wrong move. Now the responsibility for my death is solely given to the AMX...

Edited by St4n, 11 February 2013 - 06:01 PM.

Indy_Bones #88 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33978 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostPe_tri, on 11 February 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Here's one good examble video about rude players (2 medium drivers):

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=PqMlJ1Tf1j0

Having viewed the video, this is what I saw:

KV-1 slams the brakes on, teammate gets damaged by action - not even an apology in chat about it, so already rude behaviour...

KV-1 realises that one flank isn't well enough covered, but doesn't bother asking for help or draw any attention to it through map pings (even if it was ignored, this should have been done).

Was then horribly indecisive in positioning, when in fact taking high route would have been the better option to begin with (after deciding to cover west flank), as can cover mid and west flank at same time to some degree.

Poor map knowledge displayed after Pz4 is killed by Grille - did he really think he could go down that slope!?!

Lucky to then not de-track when going down hill up against B1

Very little need to aim due to gold derp shell usage.

When called a camper it's actually hard to argue here (in some aspects) - as since when is a KV-1 designed to sit near base? It should have been leading an assault, not messing around at base (As in should have asked for support instead of putting the KV-1 into a job it's not the best at). I agree with the fact that a necessary defence was there, but team should have been given the chance to do so, in order to free the KV-1 elsewhere.

"I held a line on my own", yes against TWO tanks (1 of which is awful (B1), and both of which nearly killed the Grille anyway), it's not like it was wagon circle at the Alamo was it?

"Maybe they're going to flank me from behind", it really took that long to consider the possibility???

Not to mention how the enemy then loses the plot and sends their badly injured Churchill against the KV-1 solo instead of the other one leading with the injured one begin giving fire support.

That game was lost by the enemy, not won by the KV-1's good play.

Against more competent foes, the KV-1 would have been a smoking wreck, but they couldn't co-ordinate an attack to save their lives, and probably didn't expect a gold derp KV-1 either...

Really not a good example all ways round IMHO, even if the KV-1 player is a decent player from a stats perspective.

SargeFIN #89 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27505 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

View Postbean57, on 11 February 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

And by the way, responding to an earlier point you made along the lines of "we don't want to be offensive to people but they make us".  Whatever way they act (in this game remember) you still have control over how you act.  Responding with insults and abuse is immature and offensive whichever way you try to justify it.  Do you act like that face to face in your everyday life?

I can perfectly understand people who rage and insult others. This is a teambased game and lots of players love to play the game alot and progress while doing it. When their team is filled with players who don't even want to play for their team and help the joined cause people get frustrated and people are throwing insults everywhere. We could discuss about insulting very long but it still don't change the fact what is happening in matches and why people get frustrated.

If you want to enjoy this tank game but don't want to play seriously it is possible to create a thread in forums and ask those same kind of players to join you in training room and you can goof off as much as you want and not messing in games where people get frustrated in your actions.

dUG1 #90 Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33820 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSargeFIN, on 11 February 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I can perfectly understand people who rage and insult others. This is a teambased game and lots of players love to play the game alot and progress while doing it. When their team is filled with players who don't even want to play for their team and help the joined cause people get frustrated and people are throwing insults everywhere. We could discuss about insulting very long but it still don't change the fact what is happening in matches and why people get frustrated.

If you want to enjoy this tank game but don't want to play seriously it is possible to create a thread in forums and ask those same kind of players to join you in training room and you can goof off as much as you want and not messing in games where people get frustrated in your actions.

^This.

I have suggested that many times so far, just to get -1 rep or be called "elitist".

What people dont understand (and EULA mentions it) that it is your privilege, not a right, to play WoT, by obeying the rules and in-game conduct (that includes insults, read on).
And as such, you cant act like an immature, brainless fart, and go drown in nearby body of water as a top tier tank, shoot your teammates, go afk, shoot birds, block your light tanks, just to have your fun - read that again - you can't, no matter what your parents told you.

"But I can and I will, I have every right to do it arggggggggg!!11111oneeleven" rage incoming.
Really? And you get butthurt about us insulting you for it? What is wrong with you people, Idiocracy scenario began several hundred years earlier?  :Smile_sad:

If there was a functional reporting system (current one is placebo, nothing more), that kind of behavior would be sanctioned asap, and those same _________ (you favorite word) would have to think twice before doing so again, after getting 3-7 day ban every time they do it on purpose.
Sure, it would also mean more chat bans for insults and I am fine with that, IF only it worked both ways, because less "special players" = less insults, trust me.
Instead, they are protected and overlooked because WG considers them just another +1 number in their quarterly report.

Cuddly_Spider #91 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28313 battles

View PostNirvana, on 11 February 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Just as certain players retain the right to not use their brains, not to give any fudges about the team and to defy common sense when playing, I retain the right to tell them to do something funny with their genitalia for my own amusement. In fairness, everyone can do the same to me every time I do something retarded.

You actually gave up that "right" when you signed the EULA in order to download and install world of tanks.

View PostNirvana, on 11 February 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

And if you get offended by every little thing said by a random dude sitting in front of a computer probably thousand of miles away, all I can say is tough luck.

One could say the same about people who get offended by some random dudes video game ability sitting in front of a computer probably a thousand miles away.

I can perfectly understand people who rage and insult others. This is a teambased game and lots of players love to play the game alot and progress while doing it. When their team is filled with players who don't even want to play for their team and help the joined cause people get frustrated and people are throwing insults everywhere.

I think your premise is wrong. The notion that the reason the sub 49% exists is because they aren't trying hard enough is rather akin to the neolib idea that we can all join the 1% of the super wealthy if we just try hard enough. The world just doesn't work like that. Most people "goofing off" with a 45% winrate are trying to win the match just as much as you are, they just aren't very good. Harassment will have no impact on their skill, it will only provide some cathartic relief for the harasser and (possibly) make the harassee feel insulted. But the end result is truly satisfying for neither, thus it is an inherently illogical action and indicative of a lack of self control.

I do get it. I have raged at my screen when I see an E-100 going on a magical mystery tour during a hard fought battle, or wondered with horror why a scout would go hide at the back of a map. I understand the frustration blatant bad play can cause. But that's almost instantly forgotten about after the match. I'm not going to lose my temper and try to ruin the day of some stranger who might be a nice guy for all I know, and it's certainly not important enough to me to hunting their stats or screencapping and posting here. That would be very unhealthy behaviour on my part.

His post was a rebuttal to a rebuttal of a rebuttal (by me) of a suggestion that players with a 48% winratio after 4k matches be banned. 48% is not a benchmark for goofing off. This makes your post an unintentional strawman - we aren't talking about people who start the match and start having a fight with platoon mates or wonder if the birds can be shot. We're talking about people who lose one in every 50 games more than they win.

Furthermore, as I've said before and I'll probably say again, being good at this game doesn't give anyone extra rights to play it or indeed to say who can and can't play it. As long as people stick to the EULA they have the same right to click "random battle" whether they've got a 30% WR or a 70% WR.

jp_ahoda #92 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1703 battles
I think that it is the responsibility of every player to report abusive chat actively. That is the only way the devs can do something about the problem.

MhUser #93 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

Hi All,

are there any players with enough brain computing power to achieve 50% win ratio that actually whine about rude players?

Humble_Warrior #94 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29699 battles
being rude dosen't solve anything, i'll admit i do sometimes brand particualr matches/palyers in those offensive terms but i never say it in game. Ok you might have a case of rage, but its only a game, exit battle pick your next tank and move on, ready for the next random randomness :Smile_trollface-3:

of course higher tier matches can be a right pain, i might do the most damage on my team (excluding arty of course...) but it dosen't help if the rest of the team get splattered, then again i'm probably just average. :Smile_mellow: Though Tank Companies are always a good indicator of the player base, its nice to do the backwards boogie in an IS-3 meanwhile the rest of your clan smash the opposition :Smile_teethhappy:

However just plain insulting us in a Batchat because we haven't done what is "expected" is not going to make any difference, ok my stats with it are shocking (even by my humble standards) but it seems to suffer more from the team more than me :Smile_ohmy:  :Smile-angry:  

i'll duly take cover, low flying turds incoming :Smile_smile:  :arta:

jp_ahoda #95 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1703 battles

View PostMhUser, on 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

are there any players with enough brain computing power to achieve 50% win ratio that actually whine about rude players?

I would assume that mostly the people with wr > 50% have played the game quite a long time. The longer you play, the more you get accustomed to things like this.

It does not mean, however, that these complaints are invalid. Quite the contrary, it may be that due to nature of the chat a lot of new players turn away from the game before they turn into paying customers. And that would indeed be a very real problem with WG.

MhUser #96 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31682 battles

View Postjp_ahoda, on 11 February 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

I would assume that mostly the people with wr > 50% have played the game quite a long time. The longer you play, the more you get accustomed to things like this.

It does not mean, however, that these complaints are invalid. Quite the contrary, it may be that due to nature of the chat a lot of new players turn away from the game before they turn into paying customers. And that would indeed be a very real problem with WG.

i play for the long time and i never get insulted in the game
maby becouse i show respect to other players by using my brain while playing 'only a game'

Panncake #97 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13547 battles
let me give you an example of idiot, yes 1 idiot can destroy your game.

so, my friend was driving around in a Vk2801 (tier 10 match)
the enemy had 1 E3 left, my friend`s team had him and other VK2801 aswell, my friend got to the E3`s ass and started shooting, when the E3 had 500hp left, the other VK KILLED my friend to get  the E3 for himself, results? the retarded VK stayed infront of E3 and obviously got killed...
my friend got 3,2k dmg and 2300 from a LOSS, so i fully accept that retards are called as retards

Fireflite #98 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9960 battles
I also had a bad experience last night.
I was taking my ol' Löwe out for a spin (the spiderweb on my löwe was getting too thick :Smile_Default: ) , and in the final moments of a battle, i was sacked by a enemy hvy.
Immidiately a player start calling me many names of the kind, that's not so kind, but i just let it go, thinking "get a life, dude"
When i exited the game, there was a PM ingame from the same player, stating what a noob i am, and thank god he saved the replay to show everyone.
I mean..we can all have a bad game, and i had one, as i was caught in a crossfire in the beginning of the game, and was severely down in health on my löwe, so i was an easy pick for an enemy, but why do ppl want to continue nagging on other players, when the game is over ?
The game IS over, and a new game can start as soon as you press that "start" button.

Not really necessary to say, that when i tried to reply in the pm-system ingame, i got an error stating that i was on the user's ignorelist  :Smile_sceptic:

St4n #99 Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19511 battles
  • [WU36] WU36

View PostMhUser, on 11 February 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Maybe they don't get insulted very often because of the allready mentioned reasons, e.g. bad gameplay, bad teamwork, anti-teamwork (activly screwing others by stupid moves) and a lot more...

View PostFireflite, on 11 February 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

[...] but why do ppl want to continue nagging on other players, when the game is over ?
The game IS over, and a new game can start as soon as you press that "start" button.

The exp/credits I lose because of stupid teammates are still not there after the game is over...
Would be the same as if your boss would tell you: "Hey, I pay you half your wages for the last hour. Why you complain? That hour IS over, start a new workhour."
Only because the game is over doesn't mean the effects of it doesn't carry on.

Edited by St4n, 11 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Busse #100 Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21251 battles

View PostIPaul72, on 10 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hello there Phartz
Thank you for your post and topic.
I agree with what you have said, Infact I can say without doubt the whole of the regional community teams agree with you.
We are at the moment making more positive steps to make this a better place to be, in the community forums, as well as in the game.
I for one, know that we can change this and make it better. However, this is not an easy task, A lot of planning, trials and a few errors may take place before we see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Although in the sence I agree you must have a thick skin in order to be able to be part of this community, I also think (without rose tinted specs) it doesn't have to be this way.
I do think though, there is more good than bad within this community. The threads that are a plea for help prove this, but there is only one way this will be fixed and this is if we all work together.
Its the main reason why I first, started as a moderator, And second took on this role as a community coordinator.
Kind Regards
IPaul72
P.s. lets keep this topic free of profanity and abuse please.

WG does nothing against this or any other issue reported by users.

What happens when i report team damage, idle/bot or anything else in the game?

Situation tested by me with a friend. I asked all to report my friend, who was afk-ing, and after 3 days of asking ppl in every battle for around 20-30 battles per day, i quited. What happened? NOTHING!! So moderators please don't tell me that WG is working on something. They do not. Every body is cursing on anybody, ppl use bots to farm in their place and this happened from the beginning and still WG does not do something around this.

Sorry if i may seem agresive but i am a lil mad about this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users