Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10876 battles
Simply no.

Ebusus #22 Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9049 battles
This tank is completely out of its league now. It might have been a beast back in the days but now it keeps getting thrown as top vehicle in games where everyone and their aunt can outmanouver and outgun it. Its fabled armor of times ago does not stop the new additions one bit. Given its present status a little more engine power would help to make it at least half decent.

ZecvonZecstein #23 Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 111063 battles
  • [FSKN] FSKN
considering its armour is mostly useless now, a mobility buff would be in order (but than the same case applies to lowe as well)

M4R4Z #24 Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27448 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
This tank is simply printing Kolobanovs for me. Got my fourth one yesterday (in 336 battles) with 10 kills. Two of Kolobanovs were earned in Tier 3 battles (all standard battles, no cheap assault "hide and win" medals). Lots of Patrol Duties (31) and Top Guns (24).
I have 100% crew at 2nd skill. I use vents, camo net and periscope. I have tried toolbox instead of camo net, but I see I am being spotted much more easily.
This little tank is still a beast, but you cannot use it for pushing recklessly, because any TD and any tank using gold can penetrate you. You should always be aware of how many enemy TDs are still alive and where they are. Use your good camo and view range to snipe and to light targets for others.
Lighting targets is the most important thing. You don't have a great gun, you need help of others to destroy the enemy team. You will rarely get a Scout medal, because some fast suicider will light enemy tanks before you, but if you keep the enemies spotted you will get several Patrol Duty medals.
As a durable tank, you must strive to remain alive up to the end. In these low tier battles, you cannot count on others to win the battle for you. You are very slow, so you should advance only if you are sure you can go back to base to reset (do not ever count on other players to do that) or if you are sure you will not need to (flanks secured or enemy being overrun). So often I end playing rather defensive, at least in the first part of the battle (this is what works for me, others might play this tank differently of course).

This tank is pure amusement, here are some gameplay videos:
http://youtu.be/JQEhbb3CKH0 Mines tier 3 - 8 frags (one AFK) - Kolobanov, Top Gun
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=Hmfo3CAggtw Mines tier 3 - 6 frags - Pascucci, Top Gun, see how I try to communicate with two SU-18 players in my team, without any chance of success.
http://youtu.be/nvMob4LkocA Himmelsdorf - 8 frags - Kolobanov.
http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be Prokhorovka tier 3 - 6 frags - Kolobanov, Top Gun, Defender. Here I was very worried about enemy FCM Pak40, a good TD with awesome view range; afterI killed him I saw our right flank was crushed, so had to go back to base for last stand.
http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be Mines - 3 frags - Brothers In Arms (platoon with my son in H35)  :smile:  this time we play offensively, we are lucky because we have a good team.

Edited by M4R4Z, 16 April 2013 - 02:01 PM.

IGL #25 Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36363 battles

http://dl.wot-replay...c633b000000.png

still an extremely OP vehicle.
Instead of relying on its armor like before, make a shift to use its great viewrange!

touristtam #26 Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12540 battles
ok it's all well and dandy, but good god, the accuratie of that gun is dreadful

Boomer7 #27 Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9439 battles
  • [BM] BM
I recently found my unopened game box and thought I finally use the code and get the little tank.

Its not invulnerable like it seems it was before, its damn slow for a little light tank, and with just 2 men crew you are sometimes left with a lifeless tank.
Did quite well in my first battles then seems I got caught in a hole and got many losses.

But I think its a fun little tank. Like it when some Pz I tries to circle strafe me with his pew, pew gun and all bounce. Got quite a lot of cool head medals that way. I keep a few gold shells loaded just in case I come face to face with a T18 (hate these things :) ).

Thanks for the videos  M4R4Z.

smith841 #28 Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18172 battles

View PostBoomer7, on 06 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

I recently found my unopened game box and thought I finally use the code and get the little tank.

Its not invulnerable like it seems it was before, its damn slow for a little light tank, and with just 2 men crew you are sometimes left with a lifeless tank.
Did quite well in my first battles then seems I got caught in a hole and got many losses.

But I think its a fun little tank. Like it when some Pz I tries to circle strafe me with his pew, pew gun and all bounce. Got quite a lot of cool head medals that way. I keep a few gold shells loaded just in case I come face to face with a T18 (hate these things :) ).

Thanks for the videos  M4R4Z.
T18 is indeed the main threat (normal ammunition). Of course these days there is so much premium ammo around a serious threat can come from almost anywhere. But I can't complain as I also carry some premium ammo to deal with T18's.

Boomer7 #29 Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9439 battles
  • [BM] BM
Again thanks for the videos, I changed my playstyle a bit, and in the last days I average 3 kills per game and damage nearly everyone on the field.

Yesterday I must have surprised a T18 that much by punching through his frontalarmor that in shock he reversed and fell off the cliff in province and killed himself. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users