North Korea Nuclear testing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Pandemoniaa #1 Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13601 battles
  • [GGG] GGG
So apperently North Korea just conducted its third nuclear test today, even though pretty much most of the international community had warned them against it. As far as I can gather, even China, who is their ally, is getting their patience worn thin. Also, it looks like North Korea are stepping up their sabre-rattling game by saying this is done in response to the United States and their, um, threats (?).

As far as I can remember, this is in the wake of their recently successful space rocket launch.

I'm not knowledgeable about international politics or nuclear weapons and their delivery systems at all. I guess North Korea would still have a hard time launching nukes at the U.S., they probably have some sort of defense systems in place. But leaking potential nuclear arms to other, smaller countries or paramilitary groups seems seems like a legitimate concern. I dunno. :Smile_sceptic:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-17823706

http://www.nytimes.c...clear-test.html

http://www.cbsnews.c...e-aimed-at-u.s/

http://www.guardian....-test-threatens

Any thoughts/opinions, interesting articles, or comments are welcome! :Smile_popcorn1:

dzemroz #2 Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14569 battles
  • [-PZV-] -PZV-
Is that you, Nipple Lord?

Pandemoniaa #3 Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13601 battles
  • [GGG] GGG
Hehe, no it is not. None may compare with his greatness  :Smile_blinky:

DasNiveau #4 Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 10735 battles
Kim Jong BOOOOM

Steffenkbh #5 Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37420 battles
  • [_TDO_] _TDO_
Honestly, they can do whatever they want with their money. They can build newclear weapons or invest in education and infrastructure, who am I to judge the leader of another nation. It is up to the people that live there to change the situation.

In general, people have the leaders they deserve.
-The black africans in SAR made up their mind, 'we don't want to be your slaves enny more, we deserve better'. So they made a better country by ellecting a leader that would work for them.
-In DDR people were fed up with stasi and the wall, so they decided to be free.

Why should North Korea be enny diffrent?
Cos of China you might say- Do you rely belive that China would intervene militarily as soviet did in Hungary in 1956 or Czechoslovakia in 1968. Those days are over.

Juravski #6 Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6569 battles

View PostSteffenkbh, on 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Honestly, they can do whatever they want with their money. They can build newclear weapons or invest in education and infrastructure, who am I to judge the leader of another nation. It is up to the people that live there to change the situation.

In general, people have the leaders they deserve.
-The black africans in SAR made up their mind, 'we don't want to be your slaves enny more, we deserve better'. So they made a better country by ellecting a leader that would work for them.
-In DDR people were fed up with stasi and the wall, so they decided to be free.

Why should North Korea be enny diffrent?
Cos of China you might say- Do you rely belive that China would intervene militarily as soviet did in Hungary in 1956 or Czechoslovakia in 1968. Those days are over.

The population of North Koreea is brainwashed. In order for the population to rise against its leader they would need someone to open their eyes. And since its borders are closed there is no way anyone can help that happen. During official visits that are allowed on rare occasions the visitor is guarded carefully and only allowed to see what the leaders want.

It's sad what's happening there. You think the population wants nuclear weapons instead of food or better quality of life?

Silentstalker #7 Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16479 battles
This isn't only about North Koreans anymore. To be quite honest, I don't give a damn whether they all starve, but if a country openly threatens other countries with nukes, it's the problem of the whole world. Proper solution would be to exterminate the entire political and military leadership - and let the North Koreans deal with the freedom.

_bt_ #8 Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3734 battles

View PostSilentstalker, on 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

This isn't only about North Koreans anymore. To be quite honest, I don't give a damn whether they all starve, but if a country openly threatens other countries with nukes, it's the problem of the whole world. Proper solution would be to exterminate the entire political and military leadership - and let the North Koreans deal with the freedom.

I heard the same stuff when America was attacking to Iraq. What did happen? We all know... Still, a total chaos in Iraq, and there weren't any chemical or biological weapon. Anyway, I look to this topic differently from you. America or South Korea or anyone else doesnt have rights to say, "I dont want you to have Nukes North Korea". America have it, Russia have it, South Korea have it, lots of countries have it. These countries can also use them whenever they want.

I am not a fan of Nukes or North Korea, I hope, some day, there would be a world without Nukes...

Silentstalker #9 Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16479 battles

View Post_bt_, on 13 February 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I heard the same stuff when America was attacking to Iraq. What did happen? We all know... Still, a total chaos in Iraq, and there weren't any chemical or biological weapon. Anyway, I look to this topic differently from you. America or South Korea or anyone else doesnt have rights to say, "I dont want you to have Nukes North Korea". America have it, Russia have it, South Korea have it, lots of countries have it. These countries can also use them whenever they want.
I am not a fan of Nukes or North Korea, I hope, some day, there would be a world without Nukes...

I am a realist. The world is not about everyone being equal, the world is about someone having the bigger stick. People aren't equal - the Americans are a superpower and North Korea is a medieval dictatorship. So I'll much rather see the nuclear stick in the hands of the Americans than North Koreans. South Korea isn't threatening its neighbor, North Korea is. World isn't relative dude - when someone threatens, it changes the situation. Simple as that. That's why I am totally fine with Israel having nukes but not Iran, because Iranis aren't Israelis just as North Korea isn't South Korea.

portuguese007 #10 Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27397 battles
  • [INPUT] INPUT
If they dont nuke my house i am a happy man :Smile_great:

mmmbeer #11 Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23667 battles

View Post_bt_, on 13 February 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

I hope, some day, there would be a world without Nukes...
Then we will have the great world wars in stead. Where tens of millions die from conventional violence. Think about it; have there been such a war after the nuclear threat became a reality?

Because it is so deadly it prevents more killing than it makes. Unless we get a full scale nuclear world war which all sane leaders do not want.

Edited by mmmbeer, 14 February 2013 - 06:07 AM.

Zoraktar #12 Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5320 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ
Posted Image
This is what they want us to believe.
Posted Image
This is what happened.

But Yeah. It's only matter of the time when somepony starts react to this and try maybe disable N.korea? No idea. I just want to live my life to end no matter what n.korea is doing  :Smile_teethhappy:

Atrevir #13 Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18459 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D
It's a bad thing if you ask me. It's like North Korea is the largest asshole around the block who just threathens everyone with scary weaponery. The bad thing about it is that they're more then capable of really using that weapon. Which would be a horrible thing. If they'd nuke South Korea. Most of the world would assault North Korea. Add that it would be incredibly damaging for the economy.

Just imagine a world without Samsung

MeetriX #14 Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19280 battles
North Korea don't do shit. All elitist there know that if they use nuke, they lose everything nice what they have, like good food, electricity, "servants"...etc.=POWER.
It's all propaganda.
On the other hand it would be quite ironic if they had to change the capital city's name Pjongjang to Boom-Bang.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users