Wargaming Community Survey

WG Wargaming Community Survey wedfelt Poll Vote EU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: EU Community poll about WG (300 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you feel like that WG cares about what the (EU) community thinks?

1. Yes, I feel like WG cares about what we (EU Community) think. (55 votes [18.33%])

Percentage of vote: 18.33%

2. No, I do not feel like WG cares about what we (EU community) think. (207 votes [69.00%])

Percentage of vote: 69.00%

3. I am indifferent. (38 votes [12.67%])

Percentage of vote: 12.67%

Vote Hide poll

wedfelt #1 Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16376 battles
Hi, I thought it was time to make a Survey for WG about how we (The EU Community) feel treated, since (as far as I know) they have not done one thus far.

It's time to make our voices heard, my dear brothers and sisters.

Please vote and share with your friends and/or clanmates!

If you have any comments to share, keep it clean and constructive gents!

Posted Image

/Wedfelt

Edited by wedfelt, 13 February 2013 - 05:15 PM.

HarryStotle #2 Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 23652 battles
Personally i think they do. BUT....they also have much larger player bases to worry about in Russia and China so if you were a company, you would listen to them first as well.

At least the EU community team is MUCH better than it was.

Spiegel_san #3 Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17192 battles
We ask for tier spread MM. we got that.

after that there was plenty artys at hight tier battles, everyone was asking for quick fix.

we got arty cap, yes only 5 artys max per team can enter battle.

after that we have mysterious matches with plenty scouts, and again communyty is whining.

and those are just few examples, so I ask what should wg do to make everyone happy?  if they implement all things what you guys are asking game would be unplayable, pls use brains.

wedfelt #4 Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16376 battles
My personal opinion has been for a long time (1 ½ years or so) that WG seems to favor other communities before EU, regarding mostly everything from CW-updates, patch updates, weekend specials to gift shop offers etc.

I mean, take a look at the NA Clan Wars Special as a good example:

http://worldoftanks....icas-stage-01/

If this indeed is the case(not saying that it is), one reason for this might be that we in the EU community are not part of the same nation and may fail to stand together as "one", compared to RU or NA community.

Edited by wedfelt, 13 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

wedfelt #5 Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16376 battles
Lol Why the negrep?

Paaranoja #6 Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 31993 battles
  • [DAVAI] DAVAI
I dont think they listen to ANY community. Would you listen to player base that plays randoms that way? I wouldnt let them watch my kettle to boil.

Nirvana #7 Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
I feel like the developers know what to do with the game since..uhm, they're developers! They stated they have long term plans for the game and, judging by the degree of success this game has, I'd dare say they've done plenty good so far.

People who always think they're right, think they deserve everything and the game should be the way they want it to be, who also think they bloody know better than the developers, tend to annoy me. But maybe it's just me..

And yea, they do listen to the community. Just because they don't implement every brain-fart some member or another has, it doesn't mean that they're not listening or caring.

Slyspy #8 Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't give a toss. I recommend that WG listen to the money rather than the "community" because frankly that is what I would do.

Silentstalker #9 Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16479 battles
I voted "indifferent".

I think it's pure mathematics. There are like 10 times more Russian players than EU players and the developers are (Bela)Russian. It's only logical they will mostly pay attention to what Russians think. Exactly how much influence does the EU staff have in Minsk was shown recently with the "Stalinec" issue.

MyCom_Spitfire_ #10 Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10561 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
I think that WG doesnt give a flying *** about the EU server, I feel like we are being under represented, the ban happy mods, the fact that you can have offensive Communist names and represents the NKVD IN GAME but you cant have German ones either., the fact that your credit premium ammo is resupplied by gold is a indication that this company does not give a *** and wants to take our/me/your money off.

Please bear in mind that you are more than welcome to discuss/criticise WG's policies/actions/attitude in a constructive manner. However inappropriate language and profanities have no place in forums.

Please see forum rules :
Spoiler                     
Please refrain from using Profanities within your future posts

Regards,
~eulash

Edited by eulash, 14 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

Private_Miros #11 Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostNirvana, on 13 February 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

I feel like the developers know what to do with the game since..uhm, they're developers! They stated they have long term plans for the game and, judging by the degree of success this game has, I'd dare say they've done plenty good so far.

People who always think they're right, think they deserve everything and the game should be the way they want it to be, who also think they bloody know better than the developers, tend to annoy me. But maybe it's just me..

And yea, they do listen to the community. Just because they don't implement every brain-fart some member or another has, it doesn't mean that they're not listening or caring.

This.

Listening does not mean giving in to every whim.

wedfelt #12 Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16376 battles

View PostSilentstalker, on 13 February 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

I voted "indifferent".

I think it's pure mathematics. There are like 10 times more Russian players than EU players and the developers are (Bela)Russian. It's only logical they will mostly pay attention to what Russians think. Exactly how much influence does the EU staff have in Minsk was shown recently with the "Stalinec" issue.

Well, yes. According to wot's wiki about the server statistics the RU server has about 680k peak concurrent players vs. EU's 150k.
That said, It "makes sense" to favor the russian server. Although I strongly doubt an average RU player spends as much as an average EU player does. I actually believe that WG makes more money on the EU market than the RU, but oh well, thats just mere speculation.

Also, NA server only has 29k (1/5'ish EU size)peak concurrent players, and yet they receive this extremely large and interesting clan wars map expansion AND event. Why do we never get such cool events on EU?

Furthermore, the Chinese server has about 150k peak concurrent players, yet they have a very cool premium tank - The GOLDEN type59. It comes in golden colour, makes 2x times as much credits as our (EU) type 59 BUT also 2x exp(200% exp gain). Fine, It costs alot more than our type 59(about 400 Euros if memory serves) - But still, why deny us this offer? We could get a golden löwe in our assortment if thats more "european" for all I care.

Also, if you take a look at the RU server (680k peak concurrent) they have 5 clusters. The chinese server (150k peak concurrent) has 4 clusters whilst we (the EU) (150k peak concurrent) only have 1 cluster. What this basically means is that the EU server has reduced performance than the rest.(I think? I'm not a computer genius so please do correct me if I'm mistaken.)

Server stats link: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Servers

As a customer, I feel like I drew the short straw really.

Any thoughts?

Edited by wedfelt, 13 February 2013 - 11:38 PM.

Schakar #13 Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68455 battles
  • [R1SEC] R1SEC
Every "balance" WG did was purly based around the rusian server statistics!
That's all you need to see :(.

The americans at last have a Q&A section where some GM regulary post. Only one reson why EU don't has one: WG don't care!

Kedge39 #14 Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5653 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
I didn't vote.
Reading through these forums, how can any one really expect WG to take notice.
If players want to make suggestions then there is a forum for that. Reading the general forums, there is no consistency in the complaints.
One could sum up the complaints as:

1. We want more maps.
2. We want less maps.
3. We want more tanks.
4. We want less tanks.
5. Gold Ammo is unfair as only "paying" players can get it.
6. Gold Ammo is unfair as it can be brought for credits and everyone can use it.
etc etc etc.

That and the fact that WG provide a means of players putting forward suggestions, but players prefer to make demands. and often without the politeness that should be accorded to anyone that you want a favor from.

My view is that WG have provided a game that is free to play (yes you have the choice to pay for extras but essentially it is free). Do any of you buy games like FIFA? Do you then bombard EA with demands for changes, telling them their game is cr@p and that they suck etc? If you don't treat other games makes like that (maybe you do) then why treat WG like that and then expect then to treat you with the respect you think they should?

I like this game and as far as I am concerned we get a good product from WG. I cost me nothing ( ok I did buy a months premium once) and it gets updated and expanded at no cost to me. I'm happy with it.

Aethelwulf309 #15 Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15488 battles
id have thought all servers would be the same ...to save time /effort and money...

deathnoise #16 Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18440 battles
Ectar does, serb/storm - doesn't

PAKFA #17 Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles
It's one things to make a game because of the love for games then the need of money, and a completely different things to make a game for the love of money first and only after that the love for game.

Guess in which category WG is?

I'd say now WG is 80% money 20% game, I'd wish they were 60% game and 40% money, or at least close to 50/50 if you wish, they would have enough money and we would have "enough" of a quality game.

Greed and the love (worshiping) of money is a great perversion in this world, a thirst that can never be quenched once started.

Killatomate #18 Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19200 battles
WG is making a serious mistake by not caring about their cash cows. their profit will soon drop below 13 million a month. or maybe not. too many retrurded players that pay anyway no matter how WG treats them.

from what i have seen WG treats teamkillers better than their cashcows. but then again many teamkillers are cash cows as well. even the botters make good cash. need more of those.

Sturmtiger_304 #19 Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles
Blizzard treats all of their players equally, and that's why they are making so much money.

Wargaming is only making money becouse it was the first one on the market, that's it.

Ojciec_Director #20 Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 30988 battles
WG give a frak about us players, no new maps for ages, gold ammo BS that ruin any balance in game, crap MM, flood of new tanks when old a full of bugs... i cant say they care about us

Also tagged with WG, Wargaming, Community, Survey, wedfelt, Poll, Vote, EU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users