WN6 and average cap points

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Hekssas #1 Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22864 battles
Hi I just wanted to ask if anyone knows why does WN6 rating doesn't take average cap points into consideration at all?

I know that most players want " to kill 'em all" but sometimes it's simply not an option. I had a quite a few games where the victory was won just by a thread with capping by last one or two tanks when enemy still had a good few left. It's not a moan or anything, simply I don't understand why WN6 totally ignore average cap points count.

Thanks for reading.  :Smile_Default:

Less_Than_Three #2 Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 39513 battles
  • [NUFFL] NUFFL
Cap is not included since statistical analysis proved that 99% or more of cap points are useless points due to sitting in cap at end of game, and do not contribute to a team win.
Source: http://www.koreanran...тив/#entry31093

Hekssas #3 Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22864 battles
I understand that but in my opinion win is still a win and winning from cap is helping out to the team too in some cases and definitely not in only 1% of them.
Take and example of say a light tank that stays alone against 3 or 4 enemy heavy tanks. He has no chance to kill them and does the only thing he can to pull out a win for the team. Light tank uses his superior speed to race to enemy cap zone and starts capping and succeeds while cumbersome enemy tanks are simply too slow to get to him in time to stop the cap. Result - win for the team.

Why would the statistic analysts decide that winning by cap is not contributing to win? Is it better to loose by all tanks killed then win by capping? I simply don't see sense in it becouse you still get extra credits and experience because your team won.

It's as if the statistics were made by questioning only those players that scream in battle chat " Don't cap noobs". Seems to be a very one sided position.

HubertGruber #4 Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 25765 battles
No, you cant farm ratings with cap  points anymore. And I am happy with that.

Edited by HubertGruber, 18 February 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Hekssas #5 Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22864 battles
I understand that farming efficiency by capping was a problem. But couldn't they simply reduce a value on efficiency rating on it?

I don't really cap myself too often as I prefer to find enemy and fight it instead of just camping on some hill or hiding behind arty with heavy tank saying that you are protecting it( seen it happen). I simply follow flow of battle and decide what to do and if I see my team has highest chance of winning by capping then trying to kill of remaining enemies I will go to enemy cap zone without even second thought. It's just not fun to think that someone thinks winning by capping is lesser then winning by killing all tanks of the enemy team because in my eyes a win is a win.  But that might be just me.

Anyway thanks to EpicFale for link to forum explaining WN6 counting so at least I know why it is what it is now.

Less_Than_Three #6 Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 39513 battles
  • [NUFFL] NUFFL
np, that is actually only the post to get wn6 into XVM, the original thread can be found here, close to 70 pages, lots of discussions about capping as well;
http://forum.worldof...iciency-formula

Hekssas #7 Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22864 battles
Thanks   :Smile_Default:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users