Time to call it a day.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

brisha #1 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15368 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
The game is no longer fun for me, winning 15-2 and losing 2-15 has lost it's appeal. Knowing the MM has decided the outcome of the game before it even starts is not what I call fun. Shame because if it was fair it could be good for a long time to come. I have put a lot of money into this game but time to move on. I will pop back to see if anything has changed in 8.4 but I get the feeling WG wants to control every aspect of the game, including the results, so I don't expect any change untill the masses are gone.

My clan has all but stopped playing apart from coming in a few times to do a couple of dailies and taking advantage of the x5 weekends, this is the main reason, it's simply no fun playing alone now.

Dear User,
Please be aware of the forum rules.
Your topic was moved to a more appropriate forum section.

// sne_gb

Edited by sne_gb, 25 February 2013 - 01:41 PM.

FailAccount #2 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 1960 battles
Can I have your stuff?

Orfiel #3 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15954 battles
  • [PAVA] PAVA
Cya later!

Have fun in-real life. In real life where you cannot shoot things with tank and get away with it. :Smile_smile:

On a more serious note I have seen quite alot of this game in a past year and I can tell you that MM is still (somewhat) working most of the times. I mean on peak hours when there are more players online you tend to get quite fair MM but on less traffic hours MM tends to go bit nuts and throw you into battles where you can only hope of doing something useful.

As for teams consisting only peanuts and people who can only count to potato I can only say that it's not MMs fault. It's not designed as overlord who constantly watches over each and everyone of players stats and placing them into battles with precisely same skill level players. When I play at mornings I get battles with hopeless teams, battles later at day provide better results of good players online. it's not the fault of MM but player base to be honest.

I have loved this game for 14 month now and I still love it even when I feel the need of punching whole WG staff right into face with frying pan because they made this piece of ****. But after a while I always cool down and see that 99% of the problems I face are within myself. I did that mistake or I did not do this or that right and that's why that TX TD blew my face off. So what, next battle!

I love WoT. And I hate WoT. I can do both and still enjoy my time here. If you cannot then I fare you well and be happy that atleast there's one more out there not to steal my hard earned kills! :Smile-angry:

Cheers and take care!

- Orfiel [PAVA]

zaphod_4242 #4 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12964 battles
  • [GLRYB] GLRYB

View Postbrisha, on 24 February 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

The game is no longer fun for me

Then quit. Thanks.

Edit: negreps? Haha, sore loosers. Do you really enjoy reading the 1000th whining thread?

Edited by zaphod_4242, 24 February 2013 - 10:17 PM.

saml6131 #5 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8559 battles
Well you could join another clan then. There are still those which are active.

But its your choice. I left back in November and came back in January after doing a lot of x5's during Christmas. I finally got my Centurion which I what I was aiming for so I play usually every couple of days now.

You might enjoy coming back again in a few months. Teams won't get any better, that'll only change if you join a different clan or get some friends to play with you. Otherwise, have fun in other games.

Petrovichal #6 Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2125 battles
ok then goodbye and good luck i suppose but dont blame the clan you are in thats falling apart and you losing in randoms on Wargaming , its simply bad luck and good luck which team you get and again with the conspiracy theory that WG fiddles with stats ..its a god dam game not geo-political stage ffs either find a new clan or home or leave like you say and if so good luck finding a game as Decent as this ..no where near perfect but still alot more pro's than con's i for one thank them for not making me have a one off payment or once i go premium only letting me access the account when i have paided

lampadas #7 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41169 battles
  • [GR_AX] GR_AX
when they (WG) change the MM to +-2 tiers they decide ....when they had it +-4 (i don't remember exactly) and gave a KV a tier 9 battle they were &*&*^^^,may we have to grown up as players and stop cry, and i get mad when i have to fight tier 10 with my tier8 but i don't complain when i troll with my IS3 and kill 6 tiers tanks.

SO what did u want ???
to be the top tank for ever?
to have the same skill players? and after that you may gonna say that average difficulty goes up.
if you say that MM decides for your battle i think you say *****
pick a heavy at tier 10 and take the lead

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22447 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postbrisha, on 24 February 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Knowing the MM has decided the outcome of the game before it even starts is not what I call fun.
Tell that to the guy's with 60%+ win rates because they tend to ignore your view of the MM and win most times regardless. :Smile_sceptic:

8OJ4N #9 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15697 battles
Well, the thing is, when we had a MM from hell (where tier 6 could easily enter tier 10 game) we also had better players playing those tier X tank (in your and in the enemy team), so fights weren't roflstomping 15-2 etc, but they were quite enjoyable and with tight results.
Now you enter random game, 2 minutes later you already know the outcome. Either your team fails horribly, or enemy. Of 30 to 50 games, you might have a luck to be in one with the actual teamwork.
That's not really fun. I can play tossing a coin and have more fun. Which I do now.  :Smile_teethhappy:  

Also, former WOT player, just checking forum to see is there anything interesting... And you can't have my stuff. I gave lots of money for it and I wanna be buried with my tanks.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Harland #10 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16648 battles

View Post8OJ4N, on 24 February 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Now you enter random game, 2 minutes later you already know the outcome. Either your team fails horribly, or enemy. Of 30 to 50 games, you might have a luck to be in one with the actual teamwork.
Yep, mm isn't really a problem, but the inequality of the players' abilities. All those 0:15 or 15:0ish defeats/wins are just boooring... the only thing that keeps me going at the moment is the fact, that I have almost finished the grind for the T32 and I at least want to try out this tank before this game becomes too boring.

But even those less than 15k XP I need to get the T32 will probably take days to grind, because I usually get bored after 2 - 5 roflstomp matches nowadays.  :Smile_sceptic:

iSlaughter #11 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20015 battles

View PostProfessionalProgamerer, on 24 February 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Can I have your stuff?

It was not until I re-read your comment when I realised the emoticon was not in your message, but it is your avatar. Damn, it fits perfectly with the comment :D

Rewiag #12 Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37594 battles

View PostLeadbucket, on 24 February 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Tell that to the guy's with 60%+ win rates because they tend to ignore your view of the MM and win most times regardless. :Smile_sceptic:
oh, thats an argument over there... so whats going on in their 40% losses? THEY decided to lose cos winning was boring already?

Dan_Abnormal #13 Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32665 battles
Just take a long break, I've had 4-5 months off and now come back to the game with a totally different approach, I have no mods installed and I don't use XVM.

I just start the battle, blow shit up, win/lose then back to garage and go again.

AlexD87 #14 Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10378 battles
  • [_V3_] _V3_

View PostDan_Abnormal, on 24 February 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Just take a long break, I've had 4-5 months off and now come back to the game with a totally different approach, I have no mods installed and I don't use XVM.

I just start the battle, blow shit up, win/lose then back to garage and go again.

thats the way to go. do your best, have fun, kill some tanks and dont care about win or lose  :Smile_blinky:

MetalOffca #15 Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44094 battles
Thats why i tro... play low tiers only now. Where your fully pimped M10 means a lot.

BravelyRanAway #16 Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22447 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostRewiag, on 24 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

oh, thats an argument over there... so whats going on in their 40% losses? THEY decided to lose cos winning was boring already?
Oh its true that you are dependant on your team mates, but some are more dependant than other's. A good player can make up for a few bad players on your team and is slightly less dependant on others.
I could make a similar 'off the cuff' comment like yours in the reverse about players that don't do so well.
I have watched really good players playing and they know the maps well and what tanks to kill first and which ones they can 'put on the long finger' for killing later.
They just have a better tactical awareness.
Players with poorer win rates tend to be 'one trick ponies', they go to the same place on the same map every time(perhaps due to memories of some flukey game when it worked once) and take potshots and hope they aren't spotted and their hit rate is generally lower as they'll waste shots shooting in panic allowing the enemy time to close on them.

I am Mr.Average player myself but I'm not afraid to admit that some players are just better than I, and it has nothing to do with the MM, even in a loss a good player will cause a lot of damage and it shows in the after battle report.

DingIsHere #17 Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Postzaphod_4242, on 24 February 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Then quit. Thanks.

Edit: negreps? Haha, sore loosers. Do you really enjoy reading the 1000th whining thread?

Yes, if there are enough players who have spent loads of money here actually leave, then WG might take note of comments...

CroustibatFR #18 Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

View PostHarland, on 24 February 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yep, mm isn't really a problem, but the inequality of the players' abilities. All those 0:15 or 15:0ish defeats/wins are just boooring... the only thing that keeps me going at the moment is the fact, that I have almost finished the grind for the T32 and I at least want to try out this tank before this game becomes too boring.

But even those less than 15k XP I need to get the T32 will probably take days to grind, because I usually get bored after 2 - 5 roflstomp matches nowadays.  :Smile_sceptic:

MM means "match maker". It is not just supposed to assemble teams of tanks with a somewhat equal value, it is supposed to assemble teams of PLAYERS with a somewhat equal value. That is what we would like to get anyway, but i got the feeling it is just not like that. It looks like every time i hit some high WR on a tank, it gets pitted in matches where i can hardly make the difference, even if i kill half of the enemy team myself. Somewhere i think the MM tends to force people to lose or to win. Add a tard to the bottom of a pool of 14 good players against 14 tards and a good player at the bottom of that list. The tard wins. the good player on the opposite team loses.

Now i found it suspicious, so i take pics of clearly unbalanced match at the start (thanks XVM), and another one at the end. Strangely enough, when i get a 5% win chance i usually lose. And when i get a 95% win chance, i usually win, wether i try to do something or not.

Now, i must say that the days when most of the games i play were between 30 and 70% of winning are gone. These days i just have 90% chances of whinning all the time, because steamrolling enemies is not funnier than getting steamrolled.

What happened WG ? Why dont we have balanced fights anymore ? Why do we just have to wait for 3 minutes, doing something -or not doing anything and then the match is over ? I am running low on gold on my account, and this clearly is not going to make me add more.

I second the OP, it really is boring. Can we get a MM that just assembles team with a somewhat equal force / skill ? I mean what is the point in putting 5 purple guys on the top of the list on a side, and then 2 green 3 yellows 10 reds on the other ? There is nothing to do here, the second team will be steamrolled. If XVM can see that, why cant WG see it ? I dont believe WG to be that blind, which leads me to think it is intentional...

Edited by CroustibatFR, 25 February 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Kurnubego #19 Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles

View PostRewiag, on 24 February 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Players create win ratio of battle XVM shows. Not battle defines you. A player with 60 w/r will end up having more positive battles at the end of day because he is in his team.

Also 37 percent chance to win the match is not 0. So grow a pair of balls and go for a win regardless. Often the gap between 15:5 win and 15:12 win is way narrower than you may think.

View PostCroustibatFR, on 25 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

it is supposed to assemble teams of PLAYERS with a somewhat equal value.

Amm, I don't know from where you are getting this, but you got it all wrong. No it shouldn't do that. Good players shouldn't be punished for their skill by being placed in games where they have as much infuelnce over the course of battle as they were newcomers learning to drive their tanks.

Skill is not something devs should ever balance the game around.

zaphod_4242 #20 Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12964 battles
  • [GLRYB] GLRYB

View PostDingIsHere, on 25 February 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Yes, if there are enough players who have spent loads of money here actually leave, then WG might take note of comments...

I appreciate the naivety, but that's never gonna happen. Keep neggin...it's futile anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users