War Thunder MUST do well for WoT to improve

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Leon_Trotsky #1 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5 battles
Simple- WoT is the leader in this catagory of MMO just because there is NO competition

For WG to improve this game there must be some benefit of improving it...

If WG know they can continue not listening to the community and still make a load of money, they will not listen.

When War Thunder is fully released it will more then likely give WG some competition with some players leaving WoT and going to War Thunder- and judging by the outrage heard yesterday from the abysmally stupid and unfair decision of giving the RU server a massive credit bonus while denying EU and NA servers the same then many players WILL leave WG and go to War Thunder...

This is good

Hopefully, if War Thunder proves to be very popular, WarGaming will have a reason to improve their game and LISTEN to the community- to make money.

However...

It is sad that another game has to come along for WarGaming to improve our experience of their game and for them to listen to the community- they should be doing that already.

jurjeskovici #2 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7312 battles
No need to make the font size so big. It's annoying - OK, I'm done with that.

You have a point, but

It is sad that another game has to come along for WarGaming(...)
. I disagree - competition is always good. Not only in gaming, but in real life; competition makes the participants strive for better and better. In life it advances technology ( this is probably the only good point of a war - without wars, we would be less advanced ) etc.
If WG, which was alone for quite a good time, allows to be beaten by a new game ( WT is much better than WoWp), than they deserve what they are getting.
Eg: gaming engine used by WG doesn't support multi-core processors. What?!

Wampirek8 #3 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12068 battles
now i don't need glasses

rav029 #4 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14130 battles
I have a feeling WT will do well and I myself can't wait to try it out

MolochZ #5 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16248 battles
War Thunder is a way better game in most departments. WG could learn a thing or two (crew training, Try before you buy premiums, etc....).

But WG seem to do the complete opposite of what the community want or need so.........

sotaKettu #6 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26676 battles
Well, WarThunder is only on open beta now but already it has over one million players/customers.  WarThunder has superior game engine and has already totally won the race of the best warplanes MMO game. So WarThunder is already superior to World of Warplanes. WG should stop developing WoWp and concentrate all power to WOT.  And in the near future WarThunder will have army (tanks, arty, etc.). Based on what I have seen as beta tester I can only say that WarThunder will be also superior in tanks.

This is the reason I do not invest anymore to WOT. WG has to announce big and radical changes into WOT very soon. Meanwhile the players leave WOT in exceeding numbers like wot-news statistics show. The needed changes are first of all much bigger maps and totally new maps. New game modes like garage battles and historical actual true battles etc. Better and more powerful game engine that can meet the modern demands on frame rate, ping and graphics quality. And more.....

Quarstied #7 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10983 battles
To improve the game ?  So the release today of the update is not to improve the game :/

Stupid and unfair to not give the players a cash boost ?  Forums = Put a post on any forums anywere about a major glitch to get credits of course the top brass will take note read it and act upon it :P

As for ram thunder thats my nick name for it by the way yes i tried it shot a plane down and surprise surprise the pilot returns in game and rams me not a one off its in most matchs :P

Ioituma #8 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10041 battles
I play WoT for the tanks. Until WT has tanks it's not "competition".

Jigabachi #9 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Bigger text-size doesn't make your arguments less biased and non-elaborated...  :Smile_smile:

sirBlake #10 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15563 battles
It already is a HUGE competition for WoWp, and looking at the progress it will become also a good competition for WoT. WarThunder is doing everything right what WoWp is doing wrong (I can not go into detail, NDA stuff).

View PostFlintMarko, on 06 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

To improve the game ?  So the release today of the update is not to improve the game :/
As for ram thunder thats my nick name for it by the way yes i tried it shot a plane down and surprise surprise the pilot returns in game and rams me not a one off its in most matchs :P
Yes, we all know the latest update brings new stuff in the game. But that aint the only thing we want (right guys?!). As for ramming, if you got rammed, you often rammed him too (head-on-pass), in that case you're as much an ass as the other guy.

we'll see how WG and WarThunder are going to fight eachother, that will become interesting.

cDa #11 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5572 battles
Topic moved to offtopic

Jyliac #12 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17895 battles
All I do is waiting for WT to implent tanks.... I'm sure it's going to be way better.... if you consider the different points of experience you can earn, (and even the rewards on a lost battle)... your crew gets exp where you have many different skills you can upgrade... you get exp as player.... and the different nations have their exp levels... way better than wot....

But it will take ages to finish so I have to wait and play wot more... I like it really much but the community is ignored by WG, that's the most sad point....

falcon_96 #13 Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22253 battles

View PostKolobanof, on 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Well, WarThunder is only on open beta now but already it has over one million players/customers.  WarThunder has superior game engine and has already totally won the race of the best warplanes MMO game. So WarThunder is already superior to World of Warplanes. WG should stop developing WoWp and concentrate all power to WOT.  And in the near future WarThunder will have army (tanks, arty, etc.). Based on what I have seen as beta tester I can only say that WarThunder will be also superior in tanks.

This is the reason I do not invest anymore to WOT. WG has to announce big and radical changes into WOT very soon. Meanwhile the players leave WOT in exceeding numbers like wot-news statistics show. The needed changes are first of all much bigger maps and totally new maps. New game modes like garage battles and historical actual true battles etc. Better and more powerful game engine that can meet the modern demands on frame rate, ping and graphics quality. And more.....

Not only tanks but also navy and all this combined in one client just click the button and from your hangar you will be able to go to your tank garage or your naval port. If WG doesnt wake up soon they will... "lose the game" very hard!

_Pickless_ #14 Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32724 battles
War thunder realy ROCKS! They have well made 3d graphics engine, sounds, effects, hystorical information about each plane :)

Edited by ignas08, 06 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

Rostlaube #15 Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41436 battles
i think i´ll continue playing wot and war thunder, but ignore world of warplanes.

at the moment i can´t see a posibility how they could ever implement tanks in war thunder´s arcade battles. one bomber can easily kill 15-20 ground targets. in full real battles, without targets beeing highlighted, combined warfare might work.

i think gaijin anounced combined arms warfare, because in sounds cool and to  preassure wargaming. i´m not sure that they actually know how war thunders end game is going to look like.

He_from_Norway_ #16 Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23540 battles
why leave wot? :P

now watch as WG slowly have to listen to us when WT starts drawing away all the players.

and the 2 reasons i like WT:

will put pressure on WoT and hopefully take away the siemas  :Smile_trollface-3:

on a more serious note:

I would not leave wot as it is now, most awesome clan ever, 6 prem tanks (2 free), and really survivable randoms to me. but i can understand that players get annoyed and quit.

imbehind #17 Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15222 battles
  • [TESLA] TESLA
You know, until I tried War Thunder I thought my computer was obsolete - Core Duo E6550, 4Gb ram and Radeon HD6850.

But WT looks gorgeous, almost movie like, fast, dynamic at max settings and 30-60fps depending on map...

WoT is much, much more then nice graphics, but guys, NICE GRAPHICS IS IMPORTANT TOO!

My WoT runs at medium/low settings and barely pulls up to 25fps...

PUT THAT MONEY WE PAY YOU TO GOOD USE AND BUY YOURSELF (FOR US) A DECENT ENGINE!!!

Also, if you compare World of Warplanes to WT, WoW is SHIT.

Bzyczek77 #18 Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles
I started playing WT 2 days ago and I have to tell you I didn't have one frustrated battle while playing ... It does not matter if you loose or win ... just do your thing and you will get rewarded ... Such a refreshing experience compared to WoT ... The hole x2 x3 and x5 ... Is actually making the game more frustrating because you try to get a better game and usually it's bad ... So that adds to my frustration ....

Maybe because WT does not have so many tactics involved that you don't get so frustrated ... I'm not sure ... but I played a lot of games last night and not even once did I get frustrated because of the MM etc.

The reward system is hands down way way way better thought out the WoT ... that is the bottom line ... Being rewarded for what you did and not how the team did is the best reward ... I might even pitch in to WT that if you do win ... the winning team should get a reward ... maybe 25% ... added at the end .... just for sticking to the tactics etc.

I personally am glad that finally I can put my boredom on another game because I was getting to frustrated with something that was supposed to be fun.

There are things to WoT that i really like ... that is why I played so long ... but ... it's over Johnny ... for now I will hold of investing my time and money ...

AhoyDeerrr #19 Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7271 battles

View PostBzyczek77, on 08 March 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I started playing WT 2 days ago and I have to tell you I didn't have one frustrated battle while playing ... It does not matter if you loose or win ... just do your thing and you will get rewarded ... Such a refreshing experience compared to WoT ... The hole x2 x3 and x5 ... Is actually making the game more frustrating because you try to get a better game and usually it's bad ... So that adds to my frustration ....

Maybe because WT does not have so many tactics involved that you don't get so frustrated ... I'm not sure ... but I played a lot of games last night and not even once did I get frustrated because of the MM etc.

The reward system is hands down way way way better thought out the WoT ... that is the bottom line ... Being rewarded for what you did and not how the team did is the best reward ... I might even pitch in to WT that if you do win ... the winning team should get a reward ... maybe 25% ... added at the end .... just for sticking to the tactics etc.

I personally am glad that finally I can put my boredom on another game because I was getting to frustrated with something that was supposed to be fun.

There are things to WoT that i really like ... that is why I played so long ... but ... it's over Johnny ... for now I will hold of investing my time and money ...

Wait until you reach tier 7 on WT, you will be losing money even when you are coming top of the list. I like WT but they need to sort that shit out.

You do not get frustrated by MM because there is a distinct lack of it and the problem with WT it does not make much of a difference if you win or lose, which makes people no care about winning.

Bzyczek77 #20 Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostAhoyDeerrr, on 12 March 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Wait until you reach tier 7 on WT, you will be losing money even when you are coming top of the list. I like WT but they need to sort that shit out.

You do not get frustrated by MM because there is a distinct lack of it and the problem with WT it does not make much of a difference if you win or lose, which makes people no care about winning.

I'll let you know how it goes when i get there ... I'm only Tier 5 on most of my nations so maybe I'm not getting that feeling ... I did turn of automatic repair since I do not want to spend money ... I'm following Mr. Jingles tactics ... I play another nation until the plane gets fixed.  I can always go play Historical where you choose only one plane ... and usually my bombers are not getting killed that often since i Quit if I'm left with bombers in a domination map ...

Granted ... I do miss that adrenalin feeling when we win on a very close game ... Some games I remember till now when i killed 3 last tanks alone with arty and won the game ... those are the moments ... but they are very rare ...

It's true that the kids don't care about winning but that is rare ... I noticed that on ground attack maps kids do fly bombers and try to destroy  the targets ... i had a very close battle last night where we had 100 tickets left but they beat us to it ... we lost ... did I get frustrated ? Not a bit ... I still got everything for all the ground kills i did ... and i didn't get penalized ...

Again the best part of this game is that anyone that has some pilot and tactic skills can shot down any other noob in a high tier plane ... If you suck in War Thunder it does matter what plane you fly you will get shot down by a low tier ...

As a example ... I am in my tiger tier 7 .... against a tier 9 e-75 .... if the player is noob ... he will just drive up to me and kill me ... if I'm on a shitty team with no support there is nothing for me but to die ... in WT ... i would owe the kid .... If i hit the kid in the tracks i will not get rewarded ... at all ... if i change to heat and give him 70 damage ... i will get rewarded almost nothing ...

I watched a lot of videos about if you in a low tier help your higher tier mates .... like distract the players flank etc ... I can do all that with medium and lights and I do try to stay alive and support and help ... But when the MM matches you and puts you in this Heavy ... there is not much support you can do ... you either sit back ... and hope your team is better than them .... or you wait till your team dies and they swarm and kill you ... If i'm mixing it up ... as soon as I peak out to shoot I am dead ... There is nothing to it ...

I know I should not compare planes to tanks ... but you should be rewarded better if the MM is not fixed and matches you in these high tiers ... So that you are motivated to try your best to do some damage ... it should reward you handsomely if you using Heat rounds and do some critical damage ... wound crew or damage module ... right now there is no such reward and these games are just FRUSTRATING ... and even more FRUSTRATING if you team is awful ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users