Nanananana Batman! (Bat Chat Guide)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
140 replies to this topic

Temptis #21 Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32501 battles

View PostBlubbsoR, on 10 April 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

How much extra degrees in traverse speed do I get per 1% of clutch braking?

it's a percentage based on the vehicle stats.

Increases vehicle rotation speed by 0.05% per training level (up to 5%). The skill is cumulative with Additional Grousers, a Removed Speed Governor, and any speed boosting consumables (fuels).
Primarily helpful with fast tanks that don't already turn plenty fast (i.e. Luchs, T-50). Also useful on heavy tanks that turn really slow, such as the Soviet KV line.

base turning speed is 42°/s so you get +2.1°/s from this skill for a 100% driver

the wiki is misleading there as the skill of course is more effective on vehicles that turn fast already but for tanks that are sluggish as hell you may want to consider getting any boost to turning speed that you can get.

offroad driving / ground resistance also impacts turning speed greatly, unless you are standing on concrete ground (or roads)

Edited by Temptis, 10 April 2013 - 03:46 PM.

EemeIi #22 Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23372 battles
First of all, I have to mention that I have never actually played the batchat. But I do have almost 900 matches in the AMX 13 90, and I know that they are very similar (waiting for the lorry to get buffed a bit before I play it).

Both the tanks have so many good skills and perks available that you need a really good crew to get the full potential of the tank. My impression is that the 13 90 can be driven with 1 skill less: repairs. Sure it is a usefull skill, but as you die in 3 to 4 shots, 1 repair kit is almost always enough. Then again bc also has a very low HP given tier, so I'm not sure if there is much of a difference.

View PostNirvana, on 06 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageCommander/Radio Operator/Loader Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageGunner/Loader Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageDriver Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You have 2 view range enhancing skills yet not a single camo skill? IMO this is not ideal, since the effect of camo is much larger than 2% on detection distance. If I had an awesome 5 skill crew I'd get 100% camo and leave out recon, armorer and clutch braking/off-road driving.

Given that you see good scouts in randoms very rarely, 100% camo would allow you to practise scouting in the beginning of the match, and then go on batchating (in many game a good scouts will benefit the team more than a tier X tank).

EDIT: Oh and to someone who dissed BiA: yes, the effect on reload time is small, and you will rarely notice it. Yes, the effect on acceleration is small, and you will rarely notice it... The whole point of BiA is that you get a bigh bunch of small improvements. You may not notice the single effects, but in the end your tank is significantly better. Many people tend to reset the crew and train for BiA with around 2-3 full secondary skills.

Edited by EemeIi, 11 April 2013 - 11:06 AM.

BlubbsoR #23 Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View PostEemeIi, on 11 April 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

You have 2 view range enhancing skills yet not a single camo skill? IMO this is not ideal, since the effect of camo is much larger than 2% on detection distance. If I had an awesome 5 skill crew I'd get 100% camo and leave out recon, armorer and clutch braking/off-road driving.

Given that you see good scouts in randoms very rarely, 100% camo would allow you to practise scouting in the beginning of the match, and then go on batchating (in many game a good scouts will benefit the team more than a tier X tank).

Camo is very arguable on bat. Almost all enemies have maxed view range on those tiers. Camo just gives you a few meters of detection distance, but normally when you spot something you are also spotted (That is why 6th sense is a MUST).
You can still do passiv scouting by hiding in a bush at the start of the round, which gives enough camo to stay hidden even <100m.
I mounted binos and find it very usefull, since it extends your own viewrange massively and you have enough time to activate it (due to speed you can be a t scouting position faster than the enemy can spot you).

My question was about dropping repair for clutch braking of the driver ... guess I will have to try it out.

Temptis #24 Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32501 battles

View PostBlubbsoR, on 11 April 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Camo is very arguable on bat. Almost all enemies have maxed view range on those tiers. Camo just gives you a few meters of detection distance, but normally when you spot something you are also spotted (That is why 6th sense is a MUST).
You can still do passiv scouting by hiding in a bush at the start of the round, which gives enough camo to stay hidden even <100m.
I mounted binos and find it very usefull, since it extends your own viewrange massively and you have enough time to activate it (due to speed you can be a t scouting position faster than the enemy can spot you).

My question was about dropping repair for clutch braking of the driver ... guess I will have to try it out.

i'd take offroad driving over clutch breaking, as the turning speed on solid ground is good enough already and to me it is more important to make the behavior of the vehicle more consistent.
camo is a great skill for open maps where effecting enemy view range is more important, i.e. where the difference between 360m and 390m actualy matters (like malinovka)

BlubbsoR #25 Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View PostTemptis, on 11 April 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

i'd take offroad driving over clutch breaking, as the turning speed on solid ground is good enough already and to me it is more important to make the behavior of the vehicle more consistent.
camo is a great skill for open maps where effecting enemy view range is more important, i.e. where the difference between 360m and 390m actualy matters (like malinovka)

I would take the camo ofc, but it will take another 1000 games to skill it ... even the third skill is frozen at 81% for ages now.
I tested the turning speed on pavement... it is still to slow for the given P/W ratio. Other ground kinds can be avoided or are only given on certain maps, so its not worth to waste the skill.

I will wait for the 2 anniversary days, and reskill the driver to test it.

Nirvana #26 Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
It's about play style and preference in the end. That's my setup and I feel comfortable with it. If another setup suits you best, by all means run with it. Personally, I focus on spotting them easier rather than not getting spotted myself. If you spot them from further apart it's surprisingly easy to dodge fire, given the small size and the speed. But camo definitely has it's merits as well.

Jack92 #27 Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14318 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
bella recensione Nirvana  :blinky:

EemeIi #28 Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23372 battles

View PostBlubbsoR, on 11 April 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Let's see. According to wiki http://wiki.worldoft...#Spotting_Range
spottingRange = viewRange - (viewRange - 50) * camoFactor,
where bat chat has a camo factor of 0.125 on the move, according to http://forum.worldof...ouflage-tables/

A reasonable view range for an enemy is 450m (maybe base 400m + optics + BiA).

With no camo skill you will be spotted at 400m out in the open. With 100% camo for whole crew at 350m. (Whole crew makes a difference of 50m, one member ~17m).

But I have to admit I didn't remember to take into account that bc loses a lot of camo while on the move, whereas for 13 90 the same distances on the move would be 382m and 314m.

What about the extra 2% view range? With bc view range of 470m (~base 400m + optics + BiA + vents + situational awareness) the distances for spotting a standing enemy with 20% camo factor are 386m vs 393.5m. A moving enemy with 10% camo: vs 428m vs 436.5m.

So 2% more view range makes you spot people about 8m further, whereas each member with 100% camo makes you invisible for ~17m more.

Note that this is just a direct comparison of number. Of course in some spotting positions you will be seen either way, and then having more view range might just make the difference between spotting arty or not. But in general, camo offers more direct value.

Nirvana #29 Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
The only reason I might consider camo worthwhile is that it works on the move. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with it at all.

nudelauflauf #30 Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 38263 battles
  • [BLUTE] BLUTE
It's not that bad to have 3 Crew members.
Of course, you have to train different skills on one guy,
BUT you train much faster!
With active crew training each will get 2x XP every third round: 133% XP earning.
Crew members in tanks like E100 only get 2x XP every sixth round: 117%XP earning.

So you will get the important skills earlier.
I prefer Camo over BiA.
Better reload doesn't matter, better overall performance is not that great.
Not to be seen and shot is my choice :P

phaCtor #31 Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15850 battles
Thanks Nirvana for the guide, and thanks Papercut for his video too and the effort u guys put into it.
It helps me to get a better BatMobile driver.
Atm I have around 150 games with winratio 54-55% though no platooning.

btw this little video I made inspired by the title of this thread
http://www.youtube.c...ZOsyEJw&index=1

Edited by phaCtor, 17 April 2013 - 09:47 PM.

basin79 #32 Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles
Just got the bat yesterday. What a breath of fresh air. I'm struggling a bit with it, which I to be expected. In my second game I managed to get my mastery 1st class badge. However it was quite an easy tier 9 game really. The thing I'm struggling with is positioning on the maps and knowing when to strike or push. I'm either too tentative and miss opportunities or too gung ho and die needlessly. The tank however is phenomenal. I don't think I'll ever tire of sitting in a bush and catching some unwary tank as it makes it way to the fight. See the turret spinning round trying to spot me. It's absolutely incredible. Really looking forward to learning with this. I'm running vstab, gld and vents. Sixth sense, snapshot and smooth ride 100%. Training camo, camo and clutch breaking now. Once 100% swap for b.i.a and retrain the same  I think. Or maybe repairs and clutch breaking.

BlubbsoR #33 Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17685 battles

View Postbasin79, on 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Just got the bat yesterday. What a breath of fresh air. I'm struggling a bit with it, which I to be expected. In my second game I managed to get my mastery 1st class badge. However it was quite an easy tier 9 game really. The thing I'm struggling with is positioning on the maps and knowing when to strike or push. I'm either too tentative and miss opportunities or too gung ho and die needlessly. The tank however is phenomenal. I don't think I'll ever tire of sitting in a bush and catching some unwary tank as it makes it way to the fight. See the turret spinning round trying to spot me. It's absolutely incredible. Really looking forward to learning with this. I'm running vstab, gld and vents. Sixth sense, snapshot and smooth ride 100%. Training camo, camo and clutch breaking now. Once 100% swap for b.i.a and retrain the same  I think. Or maybe repairs and clutch breaking.

Since I bought the Bat I have abandoned all other tanks  :unsure: I played 300 games straight, with some interruption to low tier skirmishes. :teethhappy: My WR is also satisfying  :blinky:

Khitan #34 Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36526 battles
When I first got the Bat I really struggled so I left it alone and practiced my skills on fast mediums instead that are a lot more forgiving if you mess up.
Just come back to the bat and feel a lot more comfortable in it. Just need to work on my appalling win rate!

So if you are struggling with this tank I recommend laying off the slow heavies and go play something with a similiar style at tier 9/10, that if you manage to die in the first minute with no one will call you a Bat noob lol

basin79 #35 Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles
Been having some great battles. Not great as in epic but great as in things are slowly clicking. I still need to remember not to sit still and trade shots with other tanks. This thing is rapid so I need to use its strengths more. Other than that I'm absolutely loving this little rascal.

carnivorous #36 Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17925 battles
This tank continues to be so much fun. Broke 3,1k average damage and still rising.

I like creating sneaky ambushes:
Spoiler                     

basin79 #37 Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 15455 battles
That's great. Although I'm still shocking in mine I still enjoy it immensely.

PRO_MEMBER #38 Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22271 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
wow nice one.

ArcturusGrimm #39 Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11672 battles

View Postcarnivorous, on 21 April 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

This tank continues to be so much fun. Broke 3,1k average damage and still rising.

I like creating sneaky ambushes:
Spoiler                     

Nice, but i was wondering what type of mod do you use for your crosshair? Cuz i see you also have a line on your map what indicateds you max view range.

carnivorous #40 Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17925 battles

View PostaShrubbery, on 23 April 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Nice, but i was wondering what type of mod do you use for your crosshair? Cuz i see you also have a line on your map what indicateds you max view range.

XVM comes with that map thing. Crosshair should be Jimbos crosshair. I downloaded some guys mod pack with everything installed (can't remember which, but it was in the Mods -section)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users